Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here - Agriculture (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here (483647 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / Intending And First-time Farmers: Lets Meet Here / Kaduna State Farmers Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 25, 2018
chigomiced:
Finally got to finish this 82 page journey of over 4 years of knowledge and experience
I must commend you all for you contributions
I noticed that this thread has no official WhatsApp group
And lots of newbies are not carried along accordingly
I have thereby moved to open an official WhatsApp group where farmers and buyers/sellers across Nigeria can meet and share ideas and information about prices of feeds and all sorts

Quote me if you are interested in joining

Interested in joining pls. 08099083617
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 25, 2018
Victorfada:

My brother which image are you talking about? You you and ur farm doesn’t even have a shadow not to talk of image. Which feeding and management were you talking about? That is a failed defense machanizm. Do you even have an identification system to curb inbreeding? So to say ur animals are product of inbreeding l was been polite.

I have no need taking a fake LG to the place l bought it wasting transport and time knowing fully well that if they have the mind to give u fake for original then you r on ur own . I’m consigned about the new farmers, not to take or buy that rubbish. U can go and see for yourself if you think l am blackmailing him. Then come back and share your experience. RUBBISH. Stop posting on this site.

Just to say this quickly . You really don't need an actual means of identification to prevent inbreeding . Unless your Pigs are so many that u don't know how you got them.

For example if u sell all of your weaners , there's no chance of inbreeding .

If you take some if your weaners to make with another male or female which is not of the same offspring. No chance of inbreeding. It's about knowing your animals and marking the dates they enter u farm/ when they give birth etc.

For example, not all mechanics make use of machine to detect fault in your cars. But via years of experience they have developed means of identifying faults. Same goes for farmers. We all dont have to be tagging animals. As a matter of fact. It's not as realistic as u think.

I dont don't know any parties in this suit. Just want things to be clarified
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vickifeanyi47(m): 7:26pm On May 25, 2018
Blackzlatan:

Let me just add that the price of weaners ranges from about 4000-6000. Depending on how good they are and the nature of the farm selling . Some farms will weigh their weaners . Some just give u price .

As to grower. Growers are too expensive for 15k to be honest

As to how you will know a good pig. Mere looking at them, One can tell. As yorubas will say "Arun Oju" ni. Simply meaning that when you see a well fed person or a malnutritioned person, you can tell . Same goes for the pigs.

Another tips is don't go for the last born sets. They are usually the smallest amongst the set of piglets born. If u will buy them. U must beat the price down. They usually don't catch up with other first set born. So you will have to put them in separate places and give them more and extra care.

you didn't talk about the odour due the closeness to living area?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 8:30pm On May 25, 2018
vickifeanyi47:

Odour is no longer a challenge for modern pig farmers .
We have 2 fantastic products to make your farm odour free.
Call or WhatsApp 08034209301 for details
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 25, 2018
vickifeanyi47:

I know of people who built their pig pen with their house. You just have to make sure the pig pen are always neat. And also you can't totally get rid of the smell. Just like you can't get rid of smells from having sheep goats or cows from their house/ structure. But it can be controlled to the minimal
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by valufone(m): 12:11am On May 26, 2018
chigomiced:
Finally got to finish this 82 page journey of over 4 years of knowledge and experience
I have thereby moved to open an official WhatsApp group where farmers and buyers/sellers across Nigeria can meet and share ideas and information about prices of feeds and all sorts

Kindly add me 08038299308
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by infinitygod87: 11:34am On May 26, 2018
chigomiced:

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by igor1980: 12:51pm On May 26, 2018
Please add me to the what SAP group.This is my number 07065502544. Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by doctorexcel: 2:14pm On May 26, 2018
chigomiced:

Pls add me 08077769222
This is my fourth time of asking. Please biko, ndo , e Jo. Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by igor1980: 5:52pm On May 26, 2018
Please add me to the whatssap group. 07065502544
Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by ireola: 6:35am On May 27, 2018
Good day Blessed farmers please where can l get the water nipples and what price, LM based in Ota Ogun state thanls
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 29, 2018
Izuogu1:
I sale pig feeds that contains grinded wheat, corn,soya beans, beans, dawa, millet, Okpa etc at cheap price.
My location is Enugu.
Will post pictures Leta

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by vickifeanyi47(m): 6:39pm On May 29, 2018
[quote author=Izuogu1 post=67993937][/quote] How do you sell?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 29, 2018
vickifeanyi47:

How do you sell?
100kg bag and painters
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 8:03am On May 30, 2018
femu:
Drying And Disinfection Will Help The Little Pig

A newborn pig is challenged in many different ways. It must stay warm, find food and fight off bacteria. These factors are also the reason why a piglet may not survive or the reason that it gets off to a bad start.

Envirogene dries the pig and reduces harmful pathogens, and for this reason, its use around farrowing is worth a thought.

Envirogene is an all-natural, super-absorbent, anti-bacterial desiccant powder to control humidity, suppress ammonia and reduce bacteria in pig pens.

Why run the risk?

The process of drying means that the pigs do not need to use their energy on staying warm. Instead, they can use all the energy gathered from the colostrum, to grow. This makes a lot of sense, especially for the smallest pigs.

The product also doubles as a disinfectant. It protects against strep, staph, E Coli and salmonella. It protects the sensitive navels of the newborn piglets and in return they will have less of a chance to see infection and ruptures in these sensitive places.

Using Envirogene  noticeably reduces mortality rates in the farrowing pen. 

The effect is both due to either fewer cold pigs or less disease pressure. But whichever the scenario, there were more weaned pigs – which is, of course, the most important factor. 

Scattering Envirogene in the sleeping area of newly weaned pens of pigs adds an element of familiarity when everything else seems so
foreign to them. This familiarity can help to discourage fighting and can stimulate a greater interest toward feed.

Also, as indicated in its farrowing room uses explained above, Envirogene's great healing properties can also be very beneficial to pigs that do sustain scratches and wounds from fighting with new pen-mates.

BENEFITS
• Drying Of Newborn Piglets

• Promotes Faster Access To Colostrum, Inducing Better And Faster Growth.

• Faster Umbilical Cord Healing

• Fly/Rat Repellent And Odour Control

• Prevents Piglet Diarrhoea

• Prevention And Treatment Of Mastitis

• Heals Wounds

• Absorbs Moisture And Prevents Growth Of Pathogenic Bacteria

• Prevents Pneumonia

Call or WhatsApp 08034209301 to Order

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHc6Bl_nTLI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBBNYW24hXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk9g5FD6YBc

Call or WhatsApp 08034209301 to Order
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by olukaygold(m): 9:52am On May 30, 2018
chigomiced:

Add me 08162907678
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by sunbreaker: 6:25pm On May 30, 2018
Victorfada:

My brother which image are you talking about? You you and ur farm doesn’t even have a shadow not to talk of image. Which feeding and management were you talking about? That is a failed defense machanizm. Do you even have an identification system to curb inbreeding? So to say ur animals are product of inbreeding l was been polite.

I have no need taking a fake LG to the place l bought it wasting transport and time knowing fully well that if they have the mind to give u fake for original then you r on ur own . I’m consigned about the new farmers, not to take or buy that rubbish. U can go and see for yourself if you think l am blackmailing him. Then come back and share your experience. RUBBISH. Stop posting on this site.

my brother don't mind him,he knew what he sold.Even if u go back there does he ready to honour ur complain? They are types of people that thwart the effort of new beginners. Just thanks God u have the experience before.
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by austinofex(m): 10:21pm On May 30, 2018
I have fresh and dried clean splitted ginger, cashew nut and soya beans Available, both in large and small quantities, my contact Number/WhatsApp: 08139169686, email address:austinofex@gmail.com
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Phaer4: 2:28am On May 31, 2018
Pls add 08030500866.
Thanks
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Don4eva(m): 11:08am On May 31, 2018
Spentgrains17:
food quality pig feeds get wet brewery spent grains Now at cheaper rate for just #20 per kg content maize, wheat offal, fibre, rice, sorghum, and as protein content of %24 call 09034393162 available in large quantity at sango Ota ogun state gudugba
Do you sell compounded feed?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by chigomiced: 7:16pm On May 31, 2018
doctorexcel:

Pls add me 08077769222
This is my fourth time of asking. Please biko, ndo , e Jo. Thanks

Done

Others should pchat me via signature for add up
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by femu(m): 5:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
Swine Tip Of The Day

Piglet mortalities are highest during the rainy season.
Pigs are also afflicted by cough, pneumonia, water borne infections etc

The presence of flies, tsetse flies, rats all vectors of different infections expose pigs to a variety of infections.
Be informed and proactive, protect your farms with Envirogene and HI-Farrow.

Don't repeat the same mistake.

Call or WhatsApp 08034209301 let's get talking about swine solutions

1 Like

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by TONY56: 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2018
SinaAkinsanya:
We have 2 boars for sale. They are direct offspring offspring of imported animals from the UK. Both animals have records and were bought from a reputable breeder in Sept of 2015. Though we have not weighed them, we are confident that each wiil weigh we)l over 200 kg as we sold one ar about 270 kg in december.

If you have large breeding females, any of these 2 boars will be ideal for you. We are intending to sell bec
ause we a number of these big boys on the farm.
One is a pure large white and other is landrace.

Do you have weaners for sale now?
Where are you located and how do I contact you?
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Isaacdking(m): 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2018
Please add me Mr Chigomiced 08161826916 thank's God bless you
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by chigomiced: 4:24pm On Jun 05, 2018
Isaacdking:
Please add me Mr Chigomiced 08161826916 thank's God bless you

Done
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by amsunny: 7:53am On Jun 06, 2018
get exotic large whites and Duroc both pregnant and weaners at Umutu Ukwuani LGA Delta state sharp sharp... 08067753656
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by dbestuncle: 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
chigomiced:

Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by cle62000(m): 4:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
chigomiced:

Please add me 08090539587
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by opy2com: 7:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
chigomiced:

Done

Others should pchat me via signature for add up

As instructed... I did Pchat you. Please add me to the group... 08036821138
Re: Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here by Claracuzio: 9:43pm On Jun 06, 2018
Biko nu pls add 08067732200

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (122) (Reply)

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.