Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,183 members, 7,867,425 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:51 PM

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... - TV/Movies (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... (162776 Views)

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe / Avatar The Last Airbender And Legend Of Korra Lovers / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra Book 4: Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Fulaman198(m): 2:05am On Dec 08, 2014
Karleb:

That boy can be very annoying ehn! angry

That minute when I thought it was over between him and Eska, was when he outrightly told her he loves her just because she help him/his team.

I guess Providence/Nick just wanted them part ways, if not? Eska and her fish stinking brother would still be following him all about.

The boy couldn't even end an r/ship officially, that's why I like Sokka.

Bolin is a good boy at least, I should say man. He is 19 or 20 now in the series
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pickabeau1: 5:47am On Dec 08, 2014
joywendy:
pasqal09 and seun.
i apologize if i sounded kinda offensive but really pasqal why you tag me on that kind post ehn grin.

sly you deserve one bear for that comment grin
pickabeau1 you are very welcome smiley
preboy i couldn't download. sub finished sad

Though i said i wont comment on this korra and aang issue, this will be my last.

we have been going on and on about issue and it seems not to end.
first of all why are we comparing Aang to korra?
cause i don't get the logic behind the comparison.

This are two different people, two different eras and two different benders.
The only thing that is similar between them both is that they are Avatars.

yes korra is annoying she damn too stubborn and sometimes you just feel like smashing your screen grin

she has her flaws so did aang. we cant expect them to be alike in anyway.

like i said before on this thread the problem isn't with korra but it is the fact that people keep looking back at the past (aang) to compare with now (korra).
refusing to accept that there is something new that will unfold in the present. ppl still hanging on to past ideologies hence the constant arguments daily.

Thanks
I'm surprised dis debate is still on
So far I'm loving this book

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 7:18am On Dec 08, 2014
Preboy

thanks. smiley

so what happened in the last episode?

yes i don't wanna. how am i defending korra? what i said was the truth which you people refuse to acknowledge.

i don't know the reason why you watch the avatar but i if you watch avatar just for the fighting part then sorry bro you are on a long lane. Though the action part makes it very interesting but there is more it than that.

saintneo i completely agree with you. Toph has always been my best from the last air bender series. i can't wait either cheesy

Pickabeau1 lol! seriously i don tire for this ppl here oh.
since the beginning of this thread that's what they have been doing and it'd getting quite frustrating and extremely annoying.
i love Aang and i love korra. They are very different, the reason for the comparison is quite confusing.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 7:58am On Dec 08, 2014
UjSizzle:

It's not so almighty when they're fighting crazy opponents like Azula.
That woman lightning zapped Aang while he was in the avatar state, and had it not been for Katara and her spirit water, the dude would have been dead.
Good point; I just watched that scene again on YouTube. Interestingly, he didn't use the avatar ultimate defense sphere thingie in that scene, but he used it later when beating up fire Lord Ozai. I don't think any human has ever been able to hurt an avatar who was using it.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 8:13am On Dec 08, 2014
The difference between Korra and Aang is the writers choice of what to use to limit their powers so the story will be interesting. In Aang's case, he was limited by his extremely pacifist nature, age, and the fact that he didn't master all four elements until the last season. These reasons are all easy to empathize with. Korra, however, is not a pacifist, is almost an adult, and has already mastered all four elements. The only thing limiting her is her mind - her tendency to act without thinking, PTSD, etc. People can't easily empathize with this, so they complain.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Collinz2(m): 8:26am On Dec 08, 2014
Seun:

Good point; I just watched that scene again on YouTube. Interestingly, he didn't use the avatar ultimate defense sphere thingie in that scene, but he used it later when beating up fire Lord Ozai. I don't think any human has ever been able to hurt an avatar who was using it.
when Aang was fighting Azula he did nt know how to connect to the universe and enter the avatar state, he was trying to connect when the monster Azula strike him down, and he loss connection with the universe.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by UjSizzle(f): 12:32pm On Dec 08, 2014
Collinz2:
when Aang was fighting Azula he did nt know how to connect to the universe and enter the avatar state, he was trying to connect when the monster Azula strike him down, and he loss connection with the universe.
Nope that's not true. The air bending nature made it easy foe Aang to enter the avatar state flawlessly.
Are you forgetting he was in that state when Zuko kidnapped him at the Northern water tribe? That wasn't the defence mechanism avatar mode (same as he got when he almost drowned and got preserved underwater for 100yrs), it was premeditated and the real deal.
Aang was a master at connecting with the avatar spirits.

It was in battle mode that Azula struck him, thereby severing the connection.

And Seun is right. Korra's character is difficult to empathise with. I still love her and this journey though.
It's remarkable how each avatar master and conquer their weaknesses.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Collinz2(m): 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2014
UjSizzle:

Nope that's not true. The air bending nature made it easy foe Aang to enter the avatar state flawlessly.
Are you forgetting he was in that state when Zuko kidnapped him at the Northern water tribe? That wasn't the defence mechanism avatar mode (same as he got when he almost drowned and got preserved underwater for 100yrs), it was premeditated and the real deal.
Aang can connect to any spirit within seconds bt cnt enter the avatar state unless he is angry when appa was kidnap he was so angry and enter the avatar state easily when toph told him who kidnap appa. When Azula struck him down he was not fully in, he was stil connecting.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Collinz2(m): 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2014
UjSizzle:

when zuko kidnapped him, he was in the spirit world nt in avatar state.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Jaymaestro(m): 3:09pm On Dec 08, 2014
toph is the ultimate bender -
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Karleb(m): 7:38pm On Dec 08, 2014
Fulaman198:

Bolin is a good boy at least, I should say man. He is 19 or 20 now in the series

Do you know how old Sokka was when he wooed Yue and Suki?

Bolin's trying but his best isn't good enough!
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by slyowokoya(f): 8:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
A funny thought crossed my mind.

Do you think the most pple here who dislike Korra, dislike her so much because if they were to look at themselves deeply they would find they share same hot head, 'fools rush in' attitude.

I know a few guys and girls who would rush into things then half way realize they made a big mistake undecided
I'm just thinking out loud.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Karleb(m): 8:14pm On Dec 08, 2014
Collinz2:
Aang can connect to any spirit within seconds bt cnt enter the avatar state unless he is angry when appa was kidnap he was so angry and enter the avatar state easily when toph told him who kidnap appa. When Azula struck him down he was not fully in, he was stil connecting.

You are right!

In the last season and this current one, Korra seems to be entering the spirit world like pure water.

But in Aang days, the reverse was the case. sad
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Karleb(m): 8:17pm On Dec 08, 2014
slyowokoya:
A funny thought crossed my mind.

Do you think the most pple here who dislike Korra, dislike her so much because if they were to look at themselves deeply they would find they share same hot head, 'fools rush in' attitude.

I know a few guys and girls who would rush into things then half way realize they made a big mistake undecided
I'm just thinking out loud.

Have you forgetting that Aang was younger? According to you, Aang should have more mistake(s) but it is our dear Korra that is messing up.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Karleb(m): 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2014
Seun:
The difference between Korra and Aang is the writers choice of what to use to limit their powers so the story will be interesting. In Aang's case, he was limited by his extremely pacifist nature, age, and the fact that he didn't master all four elements until the last season. These reasons are all easy to empathize with. Korra, however, is not a pacifist, is almost an adult, and has already mastered all four elements. The only thing limiting her is her mind - her tendency to act without thinking, PTSD, etc. People can't easily empathize with this, so they complain.

This is exactly why I likened Korra to an Ajebutter girl. C'mon, she has everything at her disposal: family, avatar state, the four elements, spirit world, just name it!

But yet...
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 8:33pm On Dec 08, 2014
I'm too tired to read the usual hoopla, so I shall go to the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVKouZncauY

I just discovered the link I previously provided now consists only of dead links, so here's this one. http://benditlikekorra.tumblr.com/music
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by slyowokoya(f): 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2014
joywendy:
Preboy

thanks. smiley

so what happened in the last episode?

yes i don't wanna. how am i defending korra? what i said was the truth which you people refuse to acknowledge.

i don't know the reason why you watch the avatar but i if you watch avatar just for the fighting part then sorry bro you are on a long lane. Though the action part makes it very interesting but there is more it than that.

saintneo i completely agree with you. Toph has always been my best from the last air bender series. i can't wait either cheesy

Pickabeau1 lol! seriously i don tire for this ppl here oh.
since the beginning of this thread that's what they have been doing and it'd getting quite frustrating and extremely annoying.
i love Aang and i love korra. They are very different, the reason for the comparison is quite confusing.

Oh my, thank you!
I read the posts and I got so upset with the comments I had to say something.

TLAB fanatics want an ultimate avatar being that is indestructible. They were disappointed when TLK showed again and again that the avatar is first normal human being... with awesome power. The normal being is selfish, self-centred and self preserving ie it's all about ME!

Wang freed vatu from Rava without understanding the consequences. Roku couldn't stop firelord Sozin because they were childhood friends. Aang never wanted to be avatar so he ran away. Korra wanted to be the best avatar ever but didn't have the patience to get there.

There is no such thing as the best or better avatar.

2 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by slyowokoya(f): 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2014
Karleb:

Have you forgetting that Aang was younger? According to you, Aang should have more mistake(s) but it is our dear Korra that is messing up.

Not this again... tongue
Aang was younger and he was too scared to make mistakes. He avoided fighting until he had no choice.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 9:20pm On Dec 08, 2014
Collinz2:
Iron capture half of ba sing se bt when his son die during the war hn ba sing se he withdrawn his men out of the city. He burst the great war of ba sing se twice.
Captured half?! The first time he only breeched the Outer Wall during his 600 day siege, and was quickly pushed back. He didn't even smell the first ring... Ba Sing Se is made up of three rings - Lower, Middle & Upper, remember? Or have you forgotten the large space between the Outer Wall & the Lower Ring - if you remember that filler episode with Aang and the zoo animals. That's why his siege was seen as an embarrassment to his name. 600 days and nothing to show of it. The second time was technically a liberation.
Ergo, your initial declaration, that he conquered Ba Sing Se twice, was highly inaccurate. He never really conquered it once.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Karleb(m): 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2014
slyowokoya:

Not this again... tongue
Aang was younger and he was too scared to make mistakes. He avoided fighting until he had no choice.

Pls remind me the air benders code of honor/conduct? embarassed wink
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Benart(m): 10:43pm On Dec 08, 2014
"kuvira gambit" this friday, the republic city attack plan
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by slyowokoya(f): 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2014
Karleb:

Pls remind me the air benders code of honor/conduct? embarassed wink

I know what the code is so don't bother.
It's similar (almost) to the avatar's code. Aang was taught these codes and they clashed, thankfully he found compromise. Korra didn't have training from the monks so she started very roughly and slowly learned how to balance.

I love and respect both Aang and Korra. I accept they are different. Both awesome, I just wish Avatar followers would stop running down one for the other.

2 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Psychodavidovic(m): 7:39am On Dec 09, 2014
My fav character ..

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Collinz2(m): 8:15am On Dec 09, 2014
cao:

That's why his siege was seen as an embarrassment to his name. 600 days and nothing to show.
there is nothing embarrassing in his name, he withdrawn his men when his son die but he told people his men and him were tired. The earth kingdom didnt push him back.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Collinz2(m): 8:18am On Dec 09, 2014
slyowokoya:

Not this again... tongue
Aang never avoid fight he think before he act.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Collinz2(m): 8:35am On Dec 09, 2014
Karleb:

You are right!

In the last season and this current one, Korra seems to be entering the spirit world like pure water.

But in Aang days, the reverse was the case. sad
korra find it hard to enter the spirit world
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Fulaman198(m): 9:30am On Dec 09, 2014
I think the problem is that Korra is too immature and thinks the world revolves around her. That's why I've never liked her Character. Aang as a boy was more mature
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 11:13am On Dec 09, 2014
Collinz2:
there is nothing embarrassing in his name, he withdrawn his men when his son die but he told people his men and him were tired. The earth kingdom didnt push him back.

Dude, don't make me go back home and start quoting my DVDs verbatim. How easy you forget that Ozai made the exact statement that Iroh was weak because he gave up. You seem to forget why Zuko's life was in danger in the first place... His own grandfather ordered his execution, so Ozai would feel the pain. Ozai did not give a flying frak-tart, but his wife intervened so that Ozai's father would die by her hand (poison) and Ozai would become Firelord.

So, my dear boy, let it go and accept the fact, your admiration for Iroh might have blinded you too much. No question General Iroh is a BAMF, but your initial declaration was wrong. Seriously, just Google it if you must. The Avatar wikia will prove it. If you still doubt then na you sabi-o.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Collinz2(m): 12:49pm On Dec 09, 2014
cao:

Dude, don't make me go back home and start quoting my DVDs verbatim. How easy you forget that Ozai made the exact statement that Iroh was weak because he gave up. You seem to forget why Zuko's life was in danger in the first place... His own grandfather ordered his execution, so Ozai would feel the pain. Ozai did not give a flying frak-tart, but his wife intervened so that Ozai's father would die by her hand (poison) and Ozai would become Firelord.
Iroh was never weak, he was not interested in his fathers throne, if he want it he will beat Ozai and take it, he just wanna be a good man. And why would Ozai feel pain for Zuko when he had the monster Azula.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Collinz2(m): 12:52pm On Dec 09, 2014
Fulaman198:
I think the problem is that Korra is too immature and thinks the world revolves around her. That's why I've never liked her Character. Aang as a boy was more mature
u are damn right, when it comes to avatar stuff Aang is super serious unlike korra.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2014
Fulaman198:
Nah, Korra is alright. She's just more realistic as a character, while still being strong and devoted to her duties. Aang is like an alien really.

You guys should read the Avatar comics for more stories about Aang since we all love him so much!

The Promise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMVlXnNq8vc

The Search:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTvG4XpMTvw

The Rift:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6FygoZWAlA

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2014
Psychodavidovic:
My fav character ..
who is that? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (52) (Reply)

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget / The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.