Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,125 members, 7,867,252 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:51 PM

Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... - TV/Movies (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... (162765 Views)

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe / Avatar The Last Airbender And Legend Of Korra Lovers / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra Book 4: Balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 3:19pm On Dec 14, 2014
clubone05:

Ose...preserver...

how can u have unlimited power and let someone bully u around unnecessarily. ..

no time...enter avatar state and metal bend the useless magazoid...mtessswww

this is one of the reasons you aren't the story writer. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by nani667: 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2014
Just saw the latest episode ...., Kuvira is one crazy biitch.... Well at least now that lame Nigga knows that Kuvira doesn't send him at all.... All she's interested in is power....

I'm really hoping (although I know it will never be the case) that Korra died in that Kuvira spirit weapon attack at the end
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 7:54pm On Dec 14, 2014
The minute she asked if everyone was there, I knew she would pull that stunt, it made sense - kill all your enemies with one stone & turn your second-in-command/lover into a martyr for the cause.

2 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by lilmax(m): 7:55pm On Dec 14, 2014
nani667:
Just saw the latest episode ...., Kuvira is one crazy biitch.... Well at least now that lame Nigga knows that Kuvira doesn't send him at all.... All she's interested in is power....

I'm really hoping (although I know it will never be the case) that Korra died in that Kuvira spirit weapon attack at the end
why
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Mackie1(m): 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2014
Avatar Korra can not be compared with Aang. Never... Aang is a boy age 12 only with the ability to air bend. i recall the time he took down fire nation army at north pole, when he was angry at sans benders for taking Appa, look at his avatar state face scary eh, even baater jnr said it. i know it when i see an empty threat... aang took down fire nation drilling machine whilst fighting azula korra is seen running...aang had the help of sokka, katara(water bender} and zuko{fire} late on. while korra bolin lava and earth, mako fire and lightening, and other pple to help. to me kuvira is the easiest to defeat take away her bending you are the avatar, take the megazord down from the inside. weak spots is made of metal. electrocute them inside. make it fall down face or back down. c how azumi took down her dad in the suit. or bend a cylindrical metal insert it into the noozle since it's facing down anyway, whenever she tried to shoot the force will blow off the entire arm. na kuvira easy pass joor enter avatar mode....

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 10:16pm On Dec 14, 2014
Lucario007:
Lets see... matter of fact is that let's look at the proof and facts here.

Name: Aang
Mastered the Elements: Approx. Six - Eight months.
Defeated Fire Lord Ozai.
Ended Hundred Year War.
Built Republic City.
First Avatar to Energy Bend.

Notable Tragedies: Lost All his family in Air Nomad Genocide, Last Airbender. Lost Connection to his past lives when shot by lighting.

Notable Enemies: Fire Lord Ozai. Combustion Man (deceased), Zuko (allies), Azula (defeated by Zuko).

Accomplishment Ratings: 65/100

Name: Korra
Mastered the Elements: 17 years.
Defeated Amon.
Defeated The Spirit of Darkness Vaatu in which only the First Avatar had accomplished.
Mastered Avatar State at 17.
Brought back Air-bending.
First Avatar to Metal Bend.
Second Avatar to Energy Bend.
First Avatar to have been Chi-blocked by Chi-blockers.

Notable Tragedies: Lost Bending Once, Lost Useless Boyfriend, Lost Connection to the past Avatar's Twice, Apparently Lost Father, Kicked out of Republic City, Grew up in an environment with mostly old people and was sheltered her whole life, and as of recent, Lost Ability to Walk.

Notable Enemies: Amon, Insane Bloodbender(Deceased), Vaatu, Spirit of Darkness (sealed) Order of the Red Lotus (Organization of hyped up on-steriods super-villains).

Accomplishment Ratings: 85.95/100.

Deal with it folks, Korra has both achieved and lost more than Avatar Aang. The facts don't lie.
Regardless of all her flaws, she has proven to actually be a very decent and good character. And she's way more mature than Aang.

REMEMBER: Aang is technically 112 YEARS OLD.

sorry lucky had to quote you again.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 15, 2014
cao:
The minute she asked if everyone was there, I knew she would pull that stunt, it made sense - kill all your enemies with one stone & turn your second-in-command/lover into a martyr for the cause.
seriously? she shot a freaking laser gun at her fiancé and it MADE SENSE to you?undecided

SHOCKEDshocked
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 10:31am On Dec 15, 2014
Preboy:

seriously? she shot a freaking laser gun at her fiancé and it MADE SENSE to you?undecided

SHOCKED
It certainly didn't make any sense, even from the evil conquering warrior point of view. He was her most loyal follower and his engineering skills were critical to her continued success. She could have pretended to agree to Korra's demands to get him back and then simply continued the attack. She shouldn't have placed him at risk in the first place, anyway. The writers are making Kuvira stupid so she can lose in the end.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 10:41am On Dec 15, 2014
Preboy:

SHOCKED

Yes, it made perfect sense, not on a morally or ethical level, but on a military & calculated one. It's just like how bankers try to meet their quota by any means necessary, it's terrible and sometimes morally bankrupt, but they get their numbers at the expense of their customers, who thought they were getting fair and just deals.

As usual, y'all never really read through, you stop at one word then roll with it. I gave my reason, why would she waste an opportunity to wipe out her main sources of wahala, the real hindrance to her goal of becoming the great uniter? Of course, it's a big risk, it hinges on the hope that her lover (and everyone else) dies in the process, she would be able to spin it and make him into a martyr, a symbol of the ultimate sacrifice, that Kuvira risked her heart to achieve their shared goal. The girl is already running with the cult of personality thing...this would fit in nicely.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 15, 2014
Seun:
It certainly didn't make any sense, even from the evil conquering warrior point of view. He was her most loyal follower and his engineering skills were critical to her continued success. She could have pretended to agree to Korra's demands to get him back and then simply continued the attack. She shouldn't have placed him at risk in the first place, anyway. The writers are making Kuvira stupid so she can lose in the end.
just what I was thinking, the decision was way too rational and unreasonable. why would she take down a loyal right hand man like baatar, who has contributed abt 70% of her entire success.
its just typical of Nick writers to come with silly plots to save korra's azz, just like what happened with vaatu.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 10:57am On Dec 15, 2014
I'm shipping the following couples:

1) Korra and Mako because they have so much in common. They are both world-class athletes and enforcers of order. They really respect each other because they understand and value each others' exceptional accomplishments. They both love beating up bad guys. Mako likes Asami because she's very pretty and mature but he doesn't have any particular interest in things that matter to her, such as technology & business.

2) Varrick and Zhu Li. The most effective team in the Avatar universe! Zhu Li is probably too good for Varrick, but no one else would take him.

3) Asami and Repentant Baatar Jr. Now that Baatar Jr has lost Kuvira, he needs another awesome girlfriend he can achieve great (but not evil) things with. Asami is the perfect candidate. They are both brilliant, ambitious, and completely loyal to the people that they love. It'll be great!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 15, 2014
cao:

Yes, it made perfect sense, not on a morally or ethical level, but on a military & calculated one. It's just like how bankers try to meet their quota by any means necessary, it's terrible and sometimes morally bankrupt, but they get their numbers at the expense of their customers, who thought they were getting fair and just deals.

As usual, y'all never really read through, you stop at one word then roll with it. I gave my reason, why would she waste an opportunity to wipe out her main sources of wahala, the real hindrance to her goal of becoming the great uniter? Of course, it's a big risk, it hinges on the hope that her lover (and everyone else) dies in the process, she would be able to spin it and make him into a martyr, a symbol of the ultimate sacrifice, that Kuvira risked her heart to achieve their shared goal. The girl is already running with the cult of personality thing...this would fit in nicely.
I actually read all through and did see where you are coming bt the fact still remains that he was her husband to be, no one who wanna kill someone they love that easily because of some ultimate goal.
From a military point of view, you're a gamer so you'd understand how important a someone who watches your six is. Baatar was the ultimate backup, without his engineering expertise she wouldn't have gotten this far. she also knows that if he survives the blast, her entire plans would crumble and the possibility of that avatar survived the blast is quite big so why would she risk that much for so little.
I still think it was just a plot by the writers to turn the tables around
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 15, 2014
Seun:
I'm shipping the following couples:

3) Asami and Repentant Baatar Jr. Now that Baatar Jr has lost Kuvira, he needs another awesome girlfriend he can achieve great (but not evil) things with. Asami is the perfect candidate. They are both brilliant, ambitious, and completely loyal to the people that they love. It'll be great!

you've got to be kidding?... the hottest chick in the avatar universe can't go to that guy, I mean he deserves kuvira no matter what she did to him. he is suppose to forgive her since he claims he loves her
Asami and the fire nation general would make a better couple

4 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 11:29am On Dec 15, 2014
Preboy:

I actually read all through and did see where you are coming bt the fact still remains that he was her husband to be, no one who wanna kill someone they love that easily because of some ultimate goal.
From a military point of view, you're a gamer so you'd understand how important a someone who watches your six is. Baatar was the ultimate backup, without his engineering expertise she wouldn't have gotten this far. she also knows that if he survives the blast, her entire plans would crumble and the possibility of that avatar survived the blast is quite big so why would she risk that much for so little.

Hence why I see it as a big risk, the opportunity was too great to ignore, when else would she get all her bad eggs in one basket? Although, I do see your point with the writers, they did turn Azula into a raving lunatic, that kid was a proper villain - imagine if she had reached her full potential as an adult, she would have been the gold standard. Unapologetic, cold, calculating, criminal mastermind & a fire bending master. Instead she turned into a lunatic, under the guise of finally losing it all, after she was betrayed by her partners/friends. It seemed odd after she had already accepted, at a very young age, that she would never be truly loved by her mother (and by extrapolation, everyone else).

2 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by saintneo(m): 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
yeah! I like the analysis thus; not those korra vs aang crap.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by saintneo(m): 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
yeah! I like the analysis thus far; not those korra vs aang crap.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by TheLokI: 1:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
cao:

Hence why I see it as a big risk, the opportunity was too great to ignore, when else would she get all her bad eggs in one basket? Although, I do see your point with the writers, they did turn Azula into a raving lunatic, that kid was a proper villain - imagine if she had reached her full potential as an adult, she would have been the gold standard. Unapologetic, cold, calculating, criminal mastermind & a fire bending master. Instead she turned into a lunatic, under the guise of finally losing it all, after she was betrayed by her partners/friends. It seemed odd after she had already accepted, at a very young age, that she would never be truly loved by her mother (and by extrapolation, everyone else).

Azula was the perfect villain! I do agree with you on that

2 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Seun(m): 8:47pm On Dec 15, 2014
Preboy:
you've got to be kidding?... the hottest chick in the avatar universe can't go to that guy, I mean he deserves kuvira no matter what she did to him. he is suppose to forgive her since he claims he loves her
How about Eska? I'm sure that Eska will treat him right heh; she did disobey her father's instructions because Bolin said he loved her, afterall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3WLEG1uCOo smiley

Asami and the fire nation general would make a better couple
No! The guy is impressive but Asami is out of his league. Asami needs someone with a great mind, not a fighter who takes orders and beats people for a living. Someone like Varrick, but without his extremely annoying quirks which only Zhu Li could possibly tolerate. Still thinking...

I've just finished watching the first 3 seasons and I just can't understand what made Kuvira and Baatar Jr evil all of a sudden. Bataar Jr was a good boy who followed his father everywhere and Kuvira was a loyal soldier who was happy to take orders. I understand that Kuvira had a disagreement with her mentor but she never showed any evilness or lust for power before that disagreement. None whatsoever. As for Baatar Jr, he seemed quite happy to work with his father when we saw him earlier, and there was no hint of conflict between them. At all. So I find it difficult to understand why, in just 3 years, they became extreme radicals with no love or respect for the people who brought them up. People they had no issues with whatsoever until the little disagreement about how to handle the demise of the earth queen came up. Makes no sense.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Fulaman198(m): 9:14pm On Dec 15, 2014
Seun:

Nah, Korra is alright. She's just more realistic as a character, while still being strong and devoted to her duties. Aang is like an alien really.

You guys should read the Avatar comics for more stories about Aang since we all love him so much!

The Promise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMVlXnNq8vc

The Search:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTvG4XpMTvw

The Rift:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6FygoZWAlA

I don't think she's alright, she seems to be very melodramatic. She is always overreacting to several situations and distancing herself from others. Yes, over a period of time she has matured, but she just doesn't have the same level of maturity as Aang. It's probably due to the fact that Aang suffered so much (the entire Air Nation at the time was decimated). Korra never really went through anything major so she whines at every little thing. At first she made it such a big deal that she was the Avatar. Aang on the other hand hardly ever mentioned he was the Avatar.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Fulaman198(m): 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2014
Seun:

How about Eska? I'm sure that Eska will treat him right heh; she did disobey her father's instructions because Bolin said he loved her, afterall:

No! The guy is impressive but Asami is out of his league. Asami needs someone with a great mind, not a fighter who takes orders and beats people for a living. Someone like Varrick, but without his extremely annoying quirks which only Zhu Li could possibly tolerate. Still thinking...

I've just finished watching the first 3 seasons and I just can't understand what made Kuvira and Baatar Jr evil all of a sudden. Bataar Jr was a good boy who followed his father everywhere and Kuvira was a loyal soldier who was happy to take orders. I understand that Kuvira had a disagreement with her mentor but she never showed any evilness or lust for power before that disagreement. None whatsoever. As for Baatar Jr, he seemed quite happy to work with his father when we saw him earlier, and there was no hint of conflict between them. At all. So I find it difficult to understand why, in just 3 years, they became extreme radicals with no love or respect for the people who brought them up. People they had no issues with whatsoever until the little disagreement about how to handle the demise of the earth queen came up. Makes no sense.

I don't think Asami has met the one yet. You are right, she needs someone brilliant like herself (but please keep in mind, brilliant women are not always seeking brilliant men). Thus far, no one in the TV series is a good match for Asami except for that Bataar Jr. fellow like you mentioned. That would be a good match for her and they may well end up with each other since Kuvira showed us her heart in the last episode.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
Seun:

It's a classic tale as old as time, the revolutionary becomes the dictator, the liberator becomes the oppressor. We all read Animal Farm, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

2 Likes

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 2:08am On Dec 16, 2014
Seun:

LMAO... they'd make a better couple, though I think eska is way to young for baatar Jr.

I still vote for Asami and mako... if you compare the first meeting between mako and korra to mako and asami, you'd see that Asami struck mako's heart at first sight unlike Korra. But since she is the avatar, she always gets the cute guy #arrgghh

I can totally relate to kuvira and baatar Jr.'s situation. I know what happened to my classmates when we became prefects, some fought teachers, we were late comers, class skippers, noise makers etc. power is addictive, it makes you want more and more, its also makes you rebel against superiors.
so I think their actions can be justified, i mean look at our politicians/leaders, they are no different from kuvira
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 2:15am On Dec 16, 2014
cao:

she had all her bad eggs in one basket, including a golden one. Rationally, no one would take that shot. since they've got the president, why not trade him or something else for baatar, and she could always come back and take republic city.
what happened to azula was just sad, that girl could go toe-to-toe with any avatar, her villain skills were truly impeccable, too bad she ended that way.
BTW, what happened to her, she and suki was not accounted for.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by cao(f): 10:20am On Dec 16, 2014
Preboy:

she had all her bad eggs in one basket, including a golden one. Rationally, no one would take that shot. since they've got the president, why not trade him or something else for baatar, and she could always come back and take republic city.
what happened to azula was just sad, that girl could go toe-to-toe with any avatar, her villain skills were truly impeccable, too bad she ended that way.

I know they were in the comics, haven't read any of those. The president wasn't really a hindrance, more an annoyance. He made noise, but didn't really do anything. He attempted to play the long game with no cards in his deck.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Psychodavidovic(m): 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
Anybody with Episode 10 and 11 links in mkv format please quote me ..

i'd really appreciate ..
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
Psychodavidovic:
Anybody with Episode 10 and 11 links in mkv format please quote me ..

i'd really appreciate ..
http://www.soulreaperzone.com/avatar-the-legend-of-korra-book-4-episodes-480p-60mb-720p-90mb-mkv/
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by Psychodavidovic(m): 10:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by jboy01(m): 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
Preboy:

am I d only one viewing this from different perspective?
1. How sure are u that kuvira is not pretending to love him since she know his ability and how far he can help her in achieving her goal (getting the power).
2. Remember kuvira main target is power, she is ready to give anything for it.
3. From the previous episodes, its clear visible the kuvira has less feelings for him compare to his own feelings for her.

From this three point above. I can prove to U that kuvira give no dam about him. Since she sees a great opportunity to kill d avatar.

1 Like

Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by pasqal09: 8:58pm On Dec 17, 2014
Preboy:

I told you she joined team avatar
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by joywendy(f): 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2014
jboy01:
am I d only one viewing this from different perspective?
1. How sure are u that kuvira is not pretending to love him since she know his ability and how far he can help her in achieving her goal (getting the power).
2. Remember kuvira main target is power, she is ready to give anything for it.
3. From the previous episodes, its clear visible the kuvira has less feelings for him compare to his own feelings for her.

From this three point above. I can prove to U that kuvira give no dam about him. Since she sees a great opportunity to kill d avatar.

exactly i thought i was the only one thinking in this direction cheesy

She never really cared about him. she was using him from the beginning.
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by saintneo(m): 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2014
The best birthday gift I wish I'd wish for.......
Re: Avatar; The Legend Of Korra.... by slyowokoya(f): 3:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
I think on some very small scale Kuvira likes Baatar Jr because his a brilliant man.

From season 3 I observed that baatar Jr was only close to his father and both father and son were the odd ones of the family.
Kuvira represent order and focus for Baatar Jr it was very easy, I imagine, for Kuvira to manipulate him for her own ambitions.
It was so obvious to see I find it hard to fathom that the writers will have us believe that Baatar Jr didn't see this coming.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (52) (Reply)

20 Nollywood Movies We Will Never Forget / The Best Seasonal Movies Ever Produced In America. What Do You Say? / One Piece (anime/manga)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.