Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Best Paying Company In Nigeria? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Paying Company In Nigeria? (243785 Views)

Top 10 Best Paying Organization In Nigeria. / Oil And Gas, Best Paying Industry Anywhere In D World / Best Paying Professional Career In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by SeunO(m): 12:56pm On Nov 13, 2006
Those mentioning Schlumberger as one of the companies, either must not know anything about the company or he is on some dangerous brand of dope  angry. The pay is marginally better than the lower paying banks and within segments in the company, there are wide pay differences, some segments in schlumberger dont pay better than First Bank or TIB, for real.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by ronkebaby(f): 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2006
SeunO

I mentioned Slumberger becos a kid friend of mine just got a job there and is presently on training in France and would from there move on to London for another 3months of training.
She graduated only last year and read Computer science. She called to say what I posted on this site and it was not my imagination that got me that figure. To further buttress it, she even has a car and house as part of the deal aside the monthly pay of 360,000!
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by kg(f): 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2006
How come no one is talking about telecomms companies, don't they pay well?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Mystique(f): 12:32pm On Nov 17, 2006
DUDES, Get ur facts right!!! Schlumberger pays real good, u get to travel all around the world, you get an apartment, a house and car, plus the bonuses are awesome,

(Whoever compared them to low paying banks must be mistaken!!)

The only catch is, they demand your blood, and whole life in return, i.e. you have ABSOLUTELY NO time for urself/ur family sad
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by kennykay(m): 4:51pm On Feb 05, 2007
All well said.Please whats happening in FMCG-FAST MOVING CONSUMER GOOD companies. The entry level salary packages for; PZ, Unilever, P&G, Cadbury, Nestle, etc.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by cooljade(f): 1:36am On Feb 22, 2007
any gist about the upcoming exams 4 lng? whats the pay like for fresh grad :os[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by inicardini: 7:04pm On Feb 28, 2007
@Texxazpete
U'r definitely right about the 97 JAMB, i was at the borderline at 199, but that year, Engineerng cut offs at my Uni was averagely 195. It was a real harsh year.

About the highest paying, look at it this way: At entry level, it's mostly the oil companies that pay better with an average of about N250K + other benefits for Bachelors dgree holders. International Consultancy firms such as Accenture and co. come next with average salaries of up to N200K(not sure of their benefit packages). Telecoms are next wit about N150K + few benefits(Glo as high as N200K, ). The New generation banks(not those old horses and elephants that scooped up hapless family businesses, )come next at about N120K. then the rest. Plesase note that all salries quoted are per month.

But at senior and experienced levels, the playing field is a little more level(trust me on this, ). where you'd find differences are at Job opportunities and benefit packages. As in, A manager in say, Shell, is moe likely to travel abroad for refresher courses than a manager in say, UBA. They'll both earn mad money. however, on average, at this level and based on salaries alone, Oil Servicing companies pay best, then international consultancy firms, then the Oil producing companies, then the Old generation banks, then Telecoms, then New generation banks, then the rest.

But for the best value across your career. the multinational oil producing companies are the best, of which Mobil are the clear leaders. wink
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by traveller: 3:59pm On May 09, 2007
hi, would like to know what an senior telecom engineer (5-10 years of experience) would get on salary(monthy in USD) + benefits in a maior telcom company. any idea? how are costs for living in Abuja? what is a typical rent for a 3 bedroom appartment? what costs a mid-size car and the basic question, what costs a can of beer or a coke? thinking to move from europe to Abaju, but do not have any idea of cost of lifing in your country. thanks for help.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by cutesy(f): 11:08pm On May 11, 2007
HELLO, PLS COULD ANYONE TELL ME HOW OK MTN IS? DO THEY PAY WELL? ARE HOURS FLEXIBLE? IS IT WORTH IT AND FOR HOW LONG, I NEED TO MAKE A CRUCIAL DECISION HERE!

THANKS IN ADVANCE,
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by SEA(m): 11:18pm On May 11, 2007
Exxonmobil is the highest paying company to the best of my knowledge
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by cutesy(f): 11:23pm On May 11, 2007
Hello again, pls who knows if guiness also fits into the category of high paying companies cool
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Enyinne(f): 12:19pm On Dec 05, 2007
[hi fresh2impr .how did u manage to get this job from shell and how can u help to equip me on that.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Tats(m): 11:18pm On Dec 05, 2007
nlng?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Lady2(f): 3:24am On Dec 11, 2007
WOW!!!!

I can't believe what am reading. The companies that r paying ur government to keep u in bondage and suffering are the same companies u find mouth watering to work for. U labor for ur enemy.

And then u all turn and blame ur government. Dick Cheney is an owner of Haliburton. Haliburton was paying Abacha billions each year to do nothing but worsen the country and some of u r looking forward to working for them.

Instead of holding them accountable, ur joining them.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by vic4vi(m): 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2007
AM GETTING COFUSED HERE.WHY IS IT THAT EVERYONE TALK ABOUT ONLY OIL INDUSTRY
DOES IT MEAN THAT DOCTORS DONT EARN MUCH AFTER GOING THROUGH ALOT OF STRESS IN THE SCHOOL PLEASE ANSWER ME OHHHHHHHHH?
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by deor03(m): 3:46pm On Dec 11, 2007
vic4vi ,

doctor unfortunately do not earn much
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Scopium: 7:07pm On Dec 11, 2007
[size=13pt]What about female bank marketers? grin grin Do they earn much?[/size]
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by ruffneck75(m): 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2007
@ Maki,
the gal is right abt shulm n halliburton,but u get huge pay when u are a field staff there,i have a friend wit halli and an MWD that nets abt a million if he stays in d field for a month but gets as low as 120k as his basic, and gets only that if he doesn't go to the feild, but asper highest paid in basic TOTALFINAELF is too much for fresh entry,i know some people i trained in Shell that came in as freshers and left Shell for ElF, u get also bw 400 to 450k as a new employee wit ELF,
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by geraldino: 10:26am On Dec 14, 2007
Can someone tell me how i can get employed with NAPIMS,DPR etc
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by rosquare(m): 11:50am On Dec 14, 2007
hi house,
any one has an idea of what celtel(customer care)
paypackage for fresh graduates. also what happens after
the computer speed test thingy.will there be
an interview, or resumption
thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by aeliezer(m): 5:35am On Dec 27, 2007
I have been looking for a site that can provide current trends in the job market relating to salaries in the major industries in Nigeria and that was how I found this site.

I have found http://www.payscale.com/ for Salaries surveys to be a very useful tool as I have used it for salary negotiations for job offers(not in Nigeria). I have also found the information to be accurate from my research for most countries.

However as you would expect, they don't have much on Nigeria basically because there must be llittle awareness of tools such as this amongst users in Nigeria. The good thing about it is that as some of us do have access to isalary information and such is provided by completing the salary survey (identity of user is kept confidential), answers to many of our questions in this regard will become available using a tool such as this.

So I urge to spread the word amongst your friends working in industries such as the Oil & Gas, Banking, Telecoms etc. to have them complete a survey. The valuable information will be useful to the job seeker and those wishing to return home to take a job.

Thank you.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by gentledove(f): 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2008
The question is not which company paiy the highest? it should be that even if you are being paid N1,000,000 every month, will it ever be enough

Oil companies pay more for experienced people. but for entry level, i doubt. my company pays a graduate N35,000 per month including housing and transport. can you imagine that? this is a company that has being in existence since 1817. yet you can not pay a graduate more. i am looking for another job, that is why i am here.

God have mercy!!!!!!!!
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by dlox01(m): 10:33am On Jul 02, 2008
geraldino:

Can someone tell me how i can get employed with NAPIMS,DPR etc

yep, i can tell u!!!it simple,read your books and pray hard.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by carnal: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2008
shell pays more and even the entry level quoted here by a member @ 260k is wrong, i know an international staff of shell i hv a cousine who also is a nigerian staff atleast both of them work offshore and i hv seen their pay slips with my own eyes ooo not hear say
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by BangBang2(m): 11:51am On Jul 22, 2008
Scopium:

[size=13pt]What about female bank marketers? grin grin Do they earn much?[/size]

oh yes, they earn bucket-loads of cash after some merciless dic.k beating, cum-guzzling and sordid orgies with managers/clients!! grin
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by mafolayomi(f): 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2008
it is well oooooooooo, we would all get there lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by mike4you(m): 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2008
you are taking of best paying company when u have not seen any work.

mike4u
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by dlox01(m): 1:19pm On May 18, 2009
judging from the figures im seeing on this thread(fake or actual), the highest paying company is actually NNPC,funny right??well, the only big problem is if ur in dept where u live on ur salary+ allowances only then it wont top other companies but if u are seconded to any of these companies(which nnpc actually has an agreement with) and that is all oil producing companies then u are on top of ur game coz dat is Total sal + ur sal + allowances.
really for nnpc its just about where u are and outrightly are the highest paid in even managarial level. wink
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by tkb417(m): 1:38pm On May 18, 2009
@Texxazpete
U'r definitely right about the 97 JAMB, i was at the borderline at 199, but that year, Engineerng cut offs at my Uni was averagely 195. It was a real harsh year.

About the highest paying, look at it this way: At entry level, it's mostly the oil companies that pay better with an average of about N250K + other benefits for Bachelors dgree holders. International Consultancy firms such as Accenture and co. come next with average salaries of up to N200K(not sure of their benefit packages). Telecoms are next wit about N150K + few benefits(Glo as high as N200K, ). The New generation banks(not those old horses and elephants that scooped up hapless family businesses, )come next at about N120K. then the rest. Plesase note that all salries quoted are per month.

But at senior and experienced levels, the playing field is a little more level(trust me on this, ). where you'd find differences are at Job opportunities and benefit packages. As in, A manager in say, Shell, is moe likely to travel abroad for refresher courses than a manager in say, UBA. They'll both earn mad money. however, on average, at this level and based on salaries alone, Oil Servicing companies pay best, then international consultancy firms, then the Oil producing companies, then the Old generation banks, then Telecoms, then New generation banks, then the rest.

But for the best value across your career. the multinational oil producing companies are the best, of which Mobil are the clear leaders
hmm, this is very wrong! maybe cos the thread is old but did Accenture ever pay entry level people 200k per month?
hell no!

The oil people may pay well at the point of entry but a lotta *coded coys are paying very well.
Investmant banking houses, asset mgt coys, some banks can actually match some oil coys now

Before the global meltdown, the kind of bonuses people enjoy in the financial markets alone could wake a dead body.
Young dudes earning between 5-10million on bonuses ( no tax inclusive) is staggering enough to compete favourably with whatever the Elf and co are paying.

You can never tell who pays the highest wages in this country.
You can only tell the coys with a decent and good wage structure.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by Jarus(m): 5:45pm On May 27, 2009
tkb417:

The oil people may pay well at the point of entry but a lotta *coded coys are paying very well.
Investmant banking houses, asset mgt coys, some banks can actually match some oil coys now
Exactitude(to use Brash's grammar)!

I had a brief stint with Vetiva, and I can say they can match many oil companies, pay-wise.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by AjanleKoko: 1:44pm On May 28, 2009
I would say oil companies lead by a mile.
For Jarus and tkb, you guys have a point, but I don't know of any bank or financial institution that offers 7m -10m+ all in, per annum to fresh graduates with no work experience whatsoever.
All in total package for the big 5 upstream (SPDC/SNEPCO, ExxonMobil, Chevron, Total, Agip) vary between that bracket, bonuses notwithstanding. I think the oil guys have a more balanced packaged, better-spaced benefit structure and lots of incentives like generator allowance, reduced or free interest loans, and the likes.
For the finance or telecom guys, they don't have the kind of structured package that oil companies do. For example, many of them offer some sort of housing package after spending something like 5 years in the company. It's not by grade level or achievement; you simply get it by being an employee.
I heard banks are offering mortgage to their staff, but I'm sure it's not across board.
Re: Best Paying Company In Nigeria? by NobiGod: 4:20pm On May 28, 2009
nice thread, keep it coming.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? / Pharmacists, Pharmacy Students And Interns. At Home Or Abroad, Let's Meet Here. / Medical Laboratory Scientists Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.