Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,754 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. (33603 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / Kevin Prince Boateng Side Lost To Borussia Monchengladbach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by hensben(m): 11:13am On Jun 30, 2014
obeski13: Ur comments is very reasonable..d two of them muntari and boateng are legendary when it comes to insurbodination.all d excuses he made does not add up.if iran can tell their players not to exchange jersey after each game becos of insufficient of jerseys as a result paucity of fund,i dont think such a team can fly their players on first class ticket to Brazil,if greece can reject their bonus and instead urge their FA to use it to fund a football house,i dont think such a team can afford a first class ticket for the team,and u dont hear. such team complaining.it is only in africa that atheletes want to be treated like kings before serving their fatherland.it is only in Africa that atheletes wants to become govt liability till they die .it is not done anywhere in d world...
bro this piece you just typed is not true, fine iran didnt exchange jersey but i tell you it wasnt because of what u typed but for another reason, white nurture and care for their players unlik africans e.g udeze of nigeria got injured why playing for nigeria, he was abandoned and his club fined him for coming late to camp, thats how he stopped playing for nigeria.
most africa leaders are just too greedy.

1 Like

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by oluyemisee(f): 11:33am On Jun 30, 2014
Well,the governing body did very wrong But what happened to# I'm playing for passion not the money#they shouldn't have washed their dirty linens outside.These things make oda continents for down-grade and belittle Africa.they did d right tin at d wrong time abeg

1 Like

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by kgbd(m): 11:36am On Jun 30, 2014
I'm not falling for kbp's excuse at all as he was going to dump ghana anyways . The world cup was all he wanted, and now that it is over for him, ghana can go to hell for all he cares.
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by kgbd(m): 11:39am On Jun 30, 2014
oluyemisee: Well,the governing body did very wrong But what happened to# I'm playing for passion not the money#they shouldn't have washed their dirty linens outside.These things make oda continents for down-grade and belittle Africa.they did d right tin at d wrong time abeg
it only tells you that thier jersey is not competitive enough.
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by justi4jesu(f): 12:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
No comment too long to read cheesy
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by sexylogan(m): 12:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
tjark1: Flying players in Economy class and GFA president flies Business class with irrelevant people... Shame!!! #problemsofaAfrica

There's something very wrong with African leaders I tell you. A real shame.

1 Like

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by ammyammy: 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
PROBLEM
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by delors(m): 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
Ghana Bread! cheesy cheesy Never goes down well with butter grin grin grin grin...only with beans grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 30, 2014
Allohrandy: greedy players. why don't you guys focus on the world cup rather than on bonus. at the end of the day, you guys were knock out of the group stage.

seriously? so why did FIFA even pay individual FAs in the first place?
I sincerely hope u r very 'not greedy' such that u work without pay!
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Okuda(m): 12:26pm On Jun 30, 2014
davidif: Wow! So the Ghanaians are this disorganized? Then Nigerians have the audacity to ask why the rest of the world don't respect us.

How can you hire a coach who is tactically inept? Didn't they interview the guy before hiring him? Na wa for Africans o.

Interview ke? You think this one is bank job? Its based on selection and past performances
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 30, 2014
Allohrandy: greedy players. why don't you guys focus on the world cup rather than on bonus. at the end of the day, you guys were knock out of the group stage.
And England was knocked out at the final.

Olodo. Ewu. She-goat.
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by ebosse(m): 12:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
Maybe its time African countries stop going to the FIFA world cup... From fighting over bonuses n threatening not to play, to behaving like psychos whos forgotten to take their drugs( S.Keita ( NiG vs Greece) A .Song (Cam vs Croatia) ... Or fighting themselves like we saw of the Cameroonians... What next
Nobody go know say old papa still dey piss for bed if he no dey sleep outside house -Cambodia Proverb

1 Like

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by obeski13(m): 12:34pm On Jun 30, 2014
hensben: bro this piece you just typed is not true, fine iran didnt exchange jersey but i tell you it wasnt because of what u typed but for another reason, white nurture and care for their players unlik africans e.g udeze of nigeria got injured why playing for nigeria, he was abandoned and his club fined him for coming late to camp, thats how he stopped playing for nigeria.
u can confirm d story frm google.it was all over internet.
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by otokx(m): 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
The Ghana FA president flew business class with his wife and 2 kids whereas the players were in economy.

African leaders are exceedingly wicked.
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
obeski13: Ur comments is very reasonable..d two of them muntari and boateng are legendary when it comes to insurbodination.all d excuses he made does not add up.if iran can tell their players not to exchange jersey after each game becos of insufficient of jerseys as a result paucity of fund,i dont think such a team can fly their players on first class ticket to Brazil,if greece can reject their bonus and instead urge their FA to use it to fund a football house,i dont think such a team can afford a first class ticket for the team,and u dont hear. such team complaining.it is only in africa that atheletes want to be treated like kings before serving their fatherland.it is only in Africa that atheletes wants to become govt liability till they die .it is not done anywhere in d world...

Thanks Bro
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Dcmg(m): 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
caseless: If that was what happened, then, i support u. In africa, if u say the truth, they take it for insult and u are crucified. Black people, are our leaders cursed not to always keep promise?
Frm amsterdam to miami, they travelled 19hrs, on economic class and in batches. Frm miami to brasil, 12hr on d plane...and in brasil they chatter a plane that took them to their camp. He even lost his bag and was without boots for 2 day; it was a disaster. I pity this youngman. I must commend d GFA president for undergoing what the players had to go through with his family;it shows they was nothing he could do change this situation.
GHANA, are you this broke?
You'v said it all.
In africa,if you tell your elders the truth or fact,they will take it as an insult.That's why africa is so backward.
I trust oyinbo pikin dem,they will sue you to court for any small tin,they dnt care if you'r their father or mother.
But here in africa,frustration is the order of the day

1 Like

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by obeski13(m): 12:45pm On Jun 30, 2014
TheCongo:

Thanks Bro
u are welcome
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
oluyemisee: Well,the governing body did very wrong But what happened to# I'm playing for passion not the money#they shouldn't have washed their dirty linens outside.These things make oda continents for down-grade and belittle Africa.they did d right tin at d wrong time abeg

Very funny!
What is passion?
What breeds passion?

Well, Passion is when you still play for ur National team despite the disrespectful and humiliating treatment like Flying SENIOR NATIONAL TEAM #WORLDCUP BOUND PLAYERS! on separate ECONOMY FLIGHTS!!! JESUS! THIS IS SO ANNOYING!

Passion is when u go out to the field and throw in all u got just to make ur team performs well despite not being sure of when ur allowance(s) will be paid...

And then some old fat black idiots somewhere are gallivanting with monies meant for these players

What else is passion?

Football is a profession my Dear!

Whether National team or any other, Players should be treated with respect!
This stupid Africa mentality will never let this continent grow!
Thank God a probe has been ordered...

4 Likes

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
hensben: bro this piece you just typed is not true, fine iran didnt exchange jersey but i tell you it wasnt because of what u typed but for another reason, white nurture and care for their players unlik africans e.g udeze of nigeria got injured why playing for nigeria, he was abandoned and his club fined him for coming late to camp, thats how he stopped playing for nigeria.

You said white care for their players unline Africans
Are you for real? Man, which world are you living in? Do you live in Nigeria or in the West?
Do you know how many Americans former soldiers live in the streets and beg for money after serving their country in different wars?
They have been abandoned by the United States.
If a white player is injured and can't play anymore, trust me, he will be released by his club. And this happens everyday.

obeski13 is completely right. It is only in Africa that atheletes wants to become govt liability till they die.
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by fredoooooo: 1:01pm On Jun 30, 2014

why is it that it is iran and greece you take as an example , why not Germany and the United states ?
how can you serve your fathers land , if the basic things are not taken care of ? May be if the government and its officials start doing the normal thing , the atheletes will stop using the opportunities as a form of protests .
for these athletes not to become a liabilty as you've said , let the goverment pay them their bonuses and allowances and they should be provided with everything possible for them to bring out their best . SIMPLE

2 Likes

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
hensben: Kevin-Prince Boateng has accused the Ghana Football Association of breaking promises it made to persuade him to return to international football.
Kevin-Prince Boateng has hit back at the Ghana Football Association after being sent home early from the World Cup, describing the Black Stars’ organisation during the tournament in Brazil as “amateurish”.

The Schalke midfielder and team-mate Sulley Muntari were expelled from the Ghana squad on the day of their final match against Portugal after Boateng was accused of making “vulgar verbal insults” towards coach James Appiah. Muntari was also accused of an “unprovoked physical attack” on a member of the Ghana FA, with both players asked to leave the camp before the 2-1 defeat to Portugal in Brasília which consigned them to bottom spot in Group G.

Boateng – who only returned to the Black Stars’ set-up last year having retired from international football after the last World Cup – is now back at his home in Germany. In an interview with newspaper Bild published on Sunday, he accuses the GFA of having failed to live up to promises it made to him before the tournament.

“Everything – the hotels, the flights – everything was amateurish,” he said.

“The GFA president visited me in Milan begging me to play for Ghana again. He gave me his word that we would have better travel, better organisation and preparation. He has not kept his word. In the end I was just still dissatisfied.

“It was a nightmare from the first day of the preparation to the end,” Boateng added. “We flew to the first training camp from Amsterdam to Miami. However, we travelled in two groups, since there was no space. One group flew through Atlanta, the other New York. We sat for around nine hours at the airport - a total of 19 hours on the road.

“The flight from Miami to Brazil a week later took 12 hours and we sat and concentrated in economy class. The legs ached. It sounds strange for an average citizen, but for a competitive athlete that is a disgrace. The Ghana FA president sat in business class with his wife and two children. And then in Brazil, we finally had a charter flight but my luggage was lost. Two days without football boots – it was a disaster.”

Appiah was the first homegrown coach to lead Ghana to a World Cup. But asked his opinion on whether he had a clue about tactics, Boateng gave a less than ringing endorsement. “No. But I have respect for him [as a] person,” he said. “I have always behaved positively. But if someone asks me about him, whether he is a good coach, I’d say no.”

Ghanaian President John Dramani Mahama spoke with captain Asamoah Gyan on the telephone to resolve a dispute over player bonuses ahead of the Portugal match, with $3m in cash flown to Brazil on a private jet. However, Boateng claimed that was only the tip of the iceberg in terms of issues that dogged the squad.

He said: “That was the smallest problem. Everything had accumulated over a month. It was pure disaster. Poor training conditions and sleep options, I just wonder where all the money was flowing too.

“The association get so much money from sponsors and Fifa - it was certainly not used for hotels, flights, the team and the preparation.”

Boateng also insisted that there was a lack of team spirit among the squad in direct contrast to the last World Cup in South Africa, when Ghana came within a missed penalty of becoming the first African nation to reach the semi-final.

“We were not a real team. Everyone was busy with themselves,” he said.

“There were two or three players who were just glad Sulley Muntari and I were suspended. They said it to my face. We all know that I have never insulted the coach. Nevertheless, they have turned the manager against Sulley and me. I am very calm and relaxed, because I definitely know that I did no such thing.

“I have represented my opinion. There was no player who was happy. We had 100 meetings with the delegation. We told them that we need tens of change things. because of this I am an easy victim.”
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/29/kevin-prince-boateng-ghana-world-cup-disaster

And this was the player's side of the story.
But, we never heard from the other side.
Therefore, we should refrain from casting stones
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by zurine(f): 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2014
hmm.......
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by koolg: 1:10pm On Jun 30, 2014
caseless: If that was what happened, then, i support u. In africa, if u say the truth, they take it for insult and u are crucified. Black people, are our leaders cursed not to always keep promise?
Frm amsterdam to miami, they travelled 19hrs, on economic class and in batches. Frm miami to brasil, 12hr on d plane...and in brasil they chatter a plane that took them to their camp. He even lost his bag and was without boots for 2 day; it was a disaster. I pity this youngman. I must commend d GFA president for undergoing what the players had to go through with his family;it shows they was nothing he could do change this situation.
GHANA, are you this broke?

The fact that he lost his boots doesn't stop him from moving ahead and being not proactive to the extent of not having boots for two days. If it was that important, it won't take 2hours to get new ones. This guy like many other other africans are plain unpatriotic and are only good in aportioning blames

1 Like

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by cnwamo(m): 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
Being in a school with many noise maker Ghanian guys and babes all I can say is
Welcome back to Africa Charlie... grin

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by oluyemisee(f): 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
tjark1:

Very funny!
What is passion?
What breeds passion?

Well, Passion is when you still play for ur National team despite the disrespectful and humiliating treatment like Flying SENIOR NATIONAL TEAM #WORLDCUP BOUND PLAYERS! on separate ECONOMY FLIGHTS!!! JESUS! THIS IS SO ANNOYING!

Passion is when u go out to the field and throw in all u got just to make ur team performs well despite not being sure of when ur allowance(s) will be paid...

And then some old fat black idiots somewhere are gallivanting with monies meant for these players

What else is passion?

Football is a profession my Dear!

Whether National team or any other, Players should be treated with respect!
This stupid Africa mentality will never let this continent grow!
Thank God a probe has been ordered...
well,I still mantain dat they reacted at the WRONG time.there should be something called selfcontrol which dose guys lack.they can settle everytin wen they get home,at least the worldcup will not last for ever.its beta not to go to d worldcup than to disgrace urself and d country like this.if u react to everytin not minding d place and time,then u need to check urself
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
fredoooooo:

why is it that it is iran and greece you take as an example , why not Germany and the United states ?
how can you serve your fathers land , if the basic things are not taken care of ? May be if the government and its officials start doing the normal thing , the atheletes will stop using the opportunities as a form of protests .
for these athletes not to become a liabilty as you've said , let the goverment pay them their bonuses and allowances and they should be provided with everything possible for them to bring out their best . SIMPLE

The United States send its Citizen to wars ... then, most of those soldiers will get post-traumatic stress disorder caused by their military service. As a result of this, they often end up by becoming Homeless and beggars because they are abandoned by their own government.

1 Like

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
Where are those gaynians bigots?-banku & tilapia2 and coall dey do is insult 9ja SE..rubbish gaynians
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
oluyemisee: well,I still mantain dat they reacted at the WRONG time.there should be something called selfcontrol which dose guys lack.they can settle everytin wen they get home,at least the worldcup will not last for ever.its beta not to go to d worldcup than to disgrace urself and d country like this.if u react to everytin not minding d place and time,then u need to check urself

YEA, I AGREE.
THEY REACTED @ THE WRONG TIME!
REACTIONS SHOULD START WHEN 'NONSENSE' STARTS
THEY SHDA REACTED FROM THE FIRST DAY!!!
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Boss13: 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
iam_ord: I feel your pain on this view I must say.. Am from jamestown but I spent majority of my life in nigeria and abroad. But there has always been that connection .and I knew ghana has been promising..with very warm people..but over time I began to discover a lot of ugly secrets people were sugar coating..we r very tribalistic people, ungrateful and tend to forget things.. Today is all about the blame game..ndc blaming npp.. When k4 was the president.who did not know ghana? Our cedi became higher than naira and on par with the dollar.. He made the economy boom and rebraised the economy, then it was discovered that ghana was the fastest growing economy in the world.. Hotels began to spring up, investors, foreginers and tourist kept trouping in that the airport is no more enough to handle the infulx. I did not remember ghanaians complaining of light issues he and obj helped to get the debt pardon.. Everything seemed so good.. One blessing after the other.. We qualified for our first world cup. The next year.we discovered oil in commercial quantities. a lot of nigerians relocated to ghana for greener pastures.. Ghanaians started rushing home to help in the nations building .with the leadership we had we were pose d to be the star of africa. The beautiful urban projects like millenium city , gold coast city,airport city began to spring up to pepare ghana to become a world class hub..ghanaians seemed calm and relaxed. BUT!!!! A lot of people shifted their eyes from the good. And kept grudges in their heart . Just because npp looked ashanti.. And they posed to throw them out of hwich they did have their heart desire.. Attah mills came in and use the better half of his tenure to manage his sickness.. Then no one took note that the underdogs were stealing under him and destroying the economy. Majority of k4 projects we stopped including some of nkrumahs. Then mahama came in to put finishing touches..and now its glaring for all eyes to see.. From once a country with considerable stable electricty to this .a whole lot has gone wrong.. I hope ghanaians will learn and do the needful come 2016

African disease spreading like wildfire.

1 Like

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Originalsly: 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2014
If true...then the GFA showed no respect nor regards for the players. Why would they not charter a plane to fly them to Brazil....instead of flying them there the poor man's route? They were given money and even if they were not....and didn't have enough why didn't they appeal to the FG? But I blame the footballers....they should be writing to the local press about this from the time they were in separate flights, were travelling in coach and the executive and family been flying in luxury. A stitch in time saves nine.
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
Originalsly: If true...then the GFA showed no respect nor regards for the players. Why would they not charter a plane to fly them to Brazil....instead of flying them there the poor man's route? They were given money and even if they were not....and didn't have enough why didn't they appeal to the FG? But I blame the footballers....they should be writing to the local press about this from the time they were in separate flights, were travelling in coach and the executive and family been flying in luxury. A stitch in time saves nine.

We haven't heard the other side of the story.
I am under the impression that Boateng is a spoiled brat
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by toseen29: 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
Same problem every where in Africa, maladministration, corruption e.t.c. Black man which way forward, no wonder this speaker a black man himself says black people has got problems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfjnIfE02l4&feature=youtu.be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

John Fashanu Romances Rachel Bakam!!! / See The Man Teslim Balogun Stadium Lagos Was Named After At QPR,UK In 1957(pic) / Mourinho Frustrated At Clubs Inability To Land His Listed Players After 4-1 Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.