Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. (33604 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / Kevin Prince Boateng Side Lost To Borussia Monchengladbach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2014
davidif:

So your way to counter racism or deal with racist is to be racist also? Isn't that called reverse discrimination? shocked

What I am saying is that when you are making important decisions, one should not make a decision based on sentiment but on logic period. Will you select what doctor to carry out an important procedure on your child based on his skin color? I think not! so why is it that when it comes to other important positions we are trying to make ridiculous political statements?

Are you truly suggesting that fighting for equal opportunity is tantamount to been a racist?
Am I been a racist by calling for the advancement of black people in the football industry?

How can you even talk about discrimination when it come to hire EXLUSIVELY a BLACK or an African coach in a country like Nigeria where almost 100% of the people are black? Everywhere in the world, the citizens of a country would be given preference expect in Africa where we can't discriminate against foreigners. Mama Africa is very sweet with foreigners.
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by davidif: 12:48am On Jul 08, 2014
akiOYIBO:
I didn't perceive politics when that guy asserted the black coach of a thing........I didn't perceive ethnicity, or the north vying for power year after year. So, why blabbing?

Bra, hiring a person solely based on skin color is discriminatory.
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 08, 2014
davidif:

My man, there is a difference between discrimination and preference.
We can't talk about discrimination based on skin color in a country like Nigeria.
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by davidif: 1:10am On Jul 08, 2014
TheCongo:
Are you truly suggesting that fighting for equal opportunity is tantamount to been a racist?
Am I been a racist by calling for the advancement of black people in the football industry?

I am all for equal training and education of your citizenry so that they can compete on a global level. this is better than hiring a person simply because he is your preferred skin color.
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by davidif: 1:14am On Jul 08, 2014
TheCongo:

We can't talk about discrimination based on skin color in a country like Nigeria.

Yes, but football is a global game and their is nothing wrong in broadening your reach when looking for the best person to lead your team.
Hiring the most qualified is beneficiary for all involved as opposed to using affirmative action to justify an average candidate.

Look bra, there is only one race and its the human race. End of story.
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by akiOYIBO: 3:00pm On Jul 08, 2014
davidif:

People's opinions are meant to be respected
Re: Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. by davidif: 5:14pm On Jul 08, 2014
TheCongo:

But you are absolutely comfortable hiring a substandard candidate because he shares the same nationality with you abi? That's called putting sentiment over rational and logical decision making bra.

I guess the proof is in the pudding at the end of the day. Ghana was sent packing after taking last in their group. Talk about mediocrity for a team that had made it out of the first round in there last two world cups.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

John Fashanu Romances Rachel Bakam!!! / See The Man Teslim Balogun Stadium Lagos Was Named After At QPR,UK In 1957(pic) / Mourinho Frustrated At Clubs Inability To Land His Listed Players After 4-1 Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.