Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,966 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (679068 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Pretyme: 4:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
Please when do you think F2B cases filed in Nov. 2013 will be eligible for interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by thebenna: 5:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hello Visa officer,
i am in the I-130 petition. i ask for the humanitarian reinstatement immediately aafter i received a letter of my revoke petition due to the death of my petitioner. i did not received a reply that they recieved the letter i sent. but recently , I received a letter from nvc with my new sponsor in behalf for my original pettioner. and its for already in my visa processing. after i paid for IV fee and received that they received my payment. and continue to the next steps for processing. a letter came Termination Letter.stating that i did not made a response on the last letter they received. so I stopped with the remaining steps to do in processing. im confused now. what can i do? please give me an advise. thanks in advance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lalicious: 7:42pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hello Visa Officer,
I was just lucky to get into this forum ,I see your answers to questions asked Good job and well done. 2013 I applied for visa at the interview I was asked if preg and I said yes and I was issued the Visa the consular officer I met said am welcome even if I want to deliver there I went delivered and paid ALL my bills.
2.)2015 I went Jan to renew and I was denied on the basis that the bills which I paid was to be more I paid 2000dollars to the hosp paid 1500dollars to the obg on contract btw the hosp and Dr
3.i went back in Feb with the cert from the hosp and dr that am not owning them to my surprise the Consulate officer didn't even check the documents but I was again denied on the basis that I don't have Strong ties.
4.March I went back again with introductory letter frm my DG where I work,my husb an ED of is agency wrote again I was denied and given a denial letter that I can reapply if my circumstances as change .
I just don't knw what to do my husb and children visa is still valid.the children want to go for summer?what do u think is work.Gracias
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by printemps: 2:29am On Mar 19, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It can't hurt to let us know. I'm pretty sure I saw an e-mail about this from you (unless there are two freelance French teachers out there).

Many thanks for your response.The only mail sent to the Consulate concerning this recent matter was sent after the above reply was given.Any other mail pls verify to avoid complicating my visa case.Our kind regards.-A S Rufus.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:23am On Mar 19, 2015
Pretyme:
Please when do you think F2B cases filed in Nov. 2013 will be eligible for interview.

Well, right now there's around a seven and a half year waiting period, so May 2021? The dates will shift a little along the way. You can monitor the cut-off dates at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:23am On Mar 19, 2015
thebenna:
Hello Visa officer,
i am in the I-130 petition. i ask for the humanitarian reinstatement immediately aafter i received a letter of my revoke petition due to the death of my petitioner. i did not received a reply that they recieved the letter i sent. but recently , I received a letter from nvc with my new sponsor in behalf for my original pettioner. and its for already in my visa processing. after i paid for IV fee and received that they received my payment. and continue to the next steps for processing. a letter came Termination Letter.stating that i did not made a response on the last letter they received. so I stopped with the remaining steps to do in processing. im confused now. what can i do? please give me an advise. thanks in advance.

If you wish to continue with the case, you should contact NVC and ask them to reinstate the case.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:25am On Mar 19, 2015
lalicious:
Hello Visa Officer,
I was just lucky to get into this forum ,I see your answers to questions asked Good job and well done. 2013 I applied for visa at the interview I was asked if preg and I said yes and I was issued the Visa the consular officer I met said am welcome even if I want to deliver there I went delivered and paid ALL my bills.
2.)2015 I went Jan to renew and I was denied on the basis that the bills which I paid was to be more I paid 2000dollars to the hosp paid 1500dollars to the obg on contract btw the hosp and Dr
3.i went back in Feb with the cert from the hosp and dr that am not owning them to my surprise the Consulate officer didn't even check the documents but I was again denied on the basis that I don't have Strong ties.
4.March I went back again with introductory letter frm my DG where I work,my husb an ED of is agency wrote again I was denied and given a denial letter that I can reapply if my circumstances as change .
I just don't knw what to do my husb and children visa is still valid.the children want to go for summer?what do u think is work.Gracias

Good morning,

This thread is for immigrant visa questions only. And the non-immigrant visa thread is for general questions, not questions about individual cases.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mcaylife(m): 7:25am On Mar 19, 2015
hello visa officer. I am a Nigerian got married to us citizen. me and my wife wants to send off the petition but it looks like we having a small problem concerning the affidavits my cousin signed for us to be a third party to our wedding anniversary. in the affidavit there was a wrong use of words..like a typo error. my wife showed it to a lawyer in US the lawyer said it could delay our petition. the question I want to ask is that.. is the affidavit compulsory and what other documents do we need to add with our form i130 when sending it off to USCIS. thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:44am On Mar 19, 2015
mcaylife:
hello visa officer. I am a Nigerian got married to us citizen. me and my wife wants to send off the petition but it looks like we having a small problem concerning the affidavits my cousin signed for us to be a third party to our wedding anniversary. in the affidavit there was a wrong use of words..like a typo error. my wife showed it to a lawyer in US the lawyer said it could delay our petition. the question I want to ask is that.. is the affidavit compulsory and what other documents do we need to add with our form i130 when sending it off to USCIS. thanks.

This is just my personal opinion: I don't think you need to include the affidavit at all. We don't really take affidavits into account because let's face it, anyone can swear an affidavit for anything. In fact, if all someone has to show is a bunch of affidavits about something that happened in the past, that's usually a bad sign. Please review http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-130instr.pdf to see what sort of documents they're looking for.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by thebenna: 9:10am On Mar 19, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Hello Visa officer, thanks for your reply

If you wish to continue with the case, you should contact NVC and ask them to reinstate the case.

even I already started the processing already? do i need to reinstate my petition? and what kind of letter that I will writefro them.

even i already paid the IV fee? will the IV paymemt that I paid recemtly will be invalid/or cant refund?

thanks again.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:14am On Mar 19, 2015
thebenna:

even I already started the processing already? do i need to reinstate my petition? and what kind of letter that I will writefro them.

even i already paid the IV fee? will the IV paymemt that I paid recemtly will be invalid/or cant refund?

thanks again.

Yes, if the case is in termination status and you wish to reinstate it, you must let NVC know.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nochid: 9:15am On Mar 19, 2015
Good morning VO,and thank you very much for the great work you're doing here,howbeit pro bono.
I'm asking this question with respect to a brother who's fiance is a USC, and about filing for a fiance (K-1)visa. The question is that is it possible to do an engagement ceremony after obtaining the visa so that family members can be present,and then they go and have the white wedding in the States. And if that does not nullify the visa,thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cutemydee(f): 9:20am On Mar 19, 2015
Good morning V.O,
Please I just want to ask if you have helped me with the investigation. Sorry for bothering you.
Case number: LGS2014677037
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:27am On Mar 19, 2015
Nochid:
Good morning VO,and thank you very much for the great work you're doing here,howbeit pro bono.
I'm asking this question with respect to a brother who's fiance(K-1 visa) is a USC, and about filing for a fiance (K-1)visa. The question is that is it possible to do an engagement ceremony after obtaining the visa so that family members can be present,and then they go and have the white wedding in the States. And if that does not nullify the visa,thanks.

If the engagement ceremony is a traditional wedding, yes, it nullifies the visa. The visa is to be used by a person who is not married. It's not enough to be unmarried on the day the visa is issued; the person must still be unmarried when the visa is used to enter the United States.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:29am On Mar 19, 2015
cutemydee:
Good morning V.O,
Please I just want to ask if you have helped me with the investigation. Sorry for bothering you.
Case number: LGS2014677037

No bother, but the officer handling that case is at another office today and tomorrow, so I can't follow up until Monday. Sorry about that.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nochid: 9:35am On Mar 19, 2015
VisaOfficer:

If the engagement ceremony is a traditional wedding, yes, it nullifies the visa. The visa is to be used by a person who is not married. It's not enough to be unmarried on the day the visa is issued; the person must still be unmarried when the visa is used to enter the United States.
Thanks VO for your response. I know the issue of traditional wedding has been trashed time and again here. The family of the would - be husband are looking at having a small ceremony say devoid of payment of bride price and the paraphernalia of a 'typical' traditional wedding ceremony,will this be accommodated?or they should just forget about the entire idea,thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cutemydee(f): 10:48am On Mar 19, 2015
its Okay V.O.I'd wait monday is almost here.thanks for your help. cry
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:04am On Mar 19, 2015
Nochid:

Thanks VO for your response. I know the issue of traditional wedding has been trashed time and again here. The family of the would - be husband are looking at having a small ceremony say devoid of payment of bride price and the paraphernalia of a 'typical' traditional wedding ceremony,will this be accommodated?or they should just forget about the entire idea,thanks.

I think they should use the visa first, then hold the ceremonies. That way there won't be any misunderstandings.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Pretyme: 11:17am On Mar 19, 2015
I appreciate your quick response.
If i get married and have kids while this application is pending, will it affect the whole process?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:21am On Mar 19, 2015
Pretyme:
I appreciate your quick response.
If i get married and have kids while this application is pending, will it affect the whole process?

Yes. Unless your petitioning parent becomes an American citizen, getting married will render your petition invalid. There is no immigration category for married children when the petitioner is a Legal Permament Resident.

If you are unmarried and have children, though, your children can be included in your case.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nochid: 11:34am On Mar 19, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I think they should use the visa first, then hold the ceremonies. That way there won't be any misunderstandings.
Thanks VO,I really appreciate. Will pass the message across.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mohwum: 11:46am On Mar 19, 2015
Hi

I would like to check on the status of my passport. Im yet to receive email notifications for pick up. Also says no update on the passport tracking website.  

Awaiting your response.  

Thanks
Lgs2014850026
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jennytbell: 3:26pm On Mar 19, 2015
Good day VO. Trust you are doing so well today. please i want to ask some few questions and i will appreaciate if i get your response.

i wish to travel to US by July this year (God willing) though am yet to obtain a visa. i intend to visit my friend though i have relatives but i dont want them to know that am coming over there for vacation. i have the financial capacity to cater for myself while am there also i work with a bank and i have no travel out of nigeria before and also yet to be married. my question is will i be able to secure a visa? also if i dont declare that i have blood relatives over there can this be hold against me?

i will appreciate your kind response.

many thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stevewale(m): 3:36pm On Mar 19, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It could be a problem. How did you book an appointment if we haven't sent you the instructions yet? If your case doesn't arrive before your interview date, we won't be able to interview you....

Mam, I am so sorry to be bothering you on this, its just all about been sure and programming my time and booking flight for my fiance.

My fiance contacted your consulate via email stating my case # LGS2015569044 and she got this response:

According to our records, he is scheduled to come in for the K-1 visa interview: April XX, 2015 by X:00AM.

Please does this mean you have the case now?

Sorry to disturb you ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Temmybot(f): 6:34pm On Mar 19, 2015
Evening pls I want to apply for passport for myself and my 1year old son and I will like to know the appropriate place to make it, price and requirements
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by johnkent(m): 7:58pm On Mar 19, 2015
Hi maam,
My mom had her interview today but at the end of the interview, my original baptismal card and birth certificate that were sent to the NVC were not returned to her. How do i get those back. Thanks
Case number: LGS2014695023
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by thebenna: 5:27am On Mar 20, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Yes, if the case is in termination status and you wish to reinstate it, you must let NVC know.

hello again, thanks for always answering. I had called NVC and ask for my case status and told me that they are waiting for the submission of all the documents needed. and thats all NVC told me.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tmeeto: 8:43am On Mar 20, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Your mother has been outside the United States for more than a year. Thus, she has abandoned her Legal Permanent Resident status, and the petition she filed for you is invalid. She herself would need a visa to return to the U.S., if she ever intends to do so.

(Just a note for anyone else in this situation: We do check these things, so it's in everyone's best interest not to attempt to conceal them at the interview.)

thank you for your response. please what do you suggest we do to re-validate the petition?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by shockreaction(m): 9:24am On Mar 20, 2015
Wrong thread. Please ignore.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:31am On Mar 20, 2015
mohwum:
Hi

I would like to check on the status of my passport. Im yet to receive email notifications for pick up. Also says no update on the passport tracking website.  

Awaiting your response.  

Thanks
Lgs2014850026

The passport should be available for pickup today. The best thing to do is to call the collection center and see if they're ready for you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:32am On Mar 20, 2015
jennytbell:
Good day VO. Trust you are doing so well today. please i want to ask some few questions and i will appreaciate if i get your response.

i wish to travel to US by July this year (God willing) though am yet to obtain a visa. i intend to visit my friend though i have relatives but i dont want them to know that am coming over there for vacation. i have the financial capacity to cater for myself while am there also i work with a bank and i have no travel out of nigeria before and also yet to be married. my question is will i be able to secure a visa? also if i dont declare that i have blood relatives over there can this be hold against me?

i will appreciate your kind response.

many thanks

Good morning,

This thread is for immigrant visa questions only. And the non-immigrant visa thread is for general questions, not questions about individual cases.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:33am On Mar 20, 2015
stevewale:

Mam, I am so sorry to be bothering you on this, its just all about been sure and programming my time and booking flight for my fiance.

My fiance contacted your consulate via email stating my case # LGS2015569044 and she got this response:

According to our records, he is scheduled to come in for the K-1 visa interview: April XX, 2015 by X:00AM.

Please does this mean you have the case now?

Sorry to disturb you ma

No, it means we can see that you scheduled an interview for yourself. Please don't book a flight until you have your visa in your hands.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.