Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,004 members, 7,821,521 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (679000 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bewaji25: 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2015
Good afternoon ma, pls am a bit confused about my case cos I had my second interview on the 13th of Feb and was approved and given my collection paper. But I got a call yesterday that I need to fill a ds160 form which I had already submitted on my first interview. What I don't understand according to the replied mail I got is that should I fill out a new ds160 form regardless of my first ds160 form. please I don't understand ma.. LGS2014765032
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:56pm On Mar 17, 2015
bewaji25:
Good afternoon ma, pls am a bit confused about my case cos I had my second interview on the 13th of Feb and was approved and given my collection paper. But I got a call yesterday that I need to fill a ds160 form which I had already submitted on my first interview. What I don't understand according to the replied mail I got is that should I fill out a new ds160 form regardless of my first ds160 form. please I don't understand ma.. LGS2014765032

It appears that instead of filling out a new DS-160 for your K interview, you attempted to re-use the same DS-160 and the same barcode from your Dec. 2014 non-immigrant visa interview. DS-160s cannot be resubmitted; you'll need a new one and a new barcode for your K case. Let us know when you're ready so we can schedule you a new interview and get your fingerprints / oath again...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bewaji25: 3:16pm On Mar 17, 2015
Oh now I understand now. It was my mistake in my first interview I was supposed to click on k1 visa and I went to fill the b1/b2 instead but was told by the VO that I have to schedule for a k1 and not b1/b2. I will go fill out a new ds160 form right away. Thanks so much for ur explanation. God bless u.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Pretyme: 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2015
Hello Visa Officer,

My dad is filing (I-130) for me and we received a letter from USCIS in October 2014 that my case was approved and the original visa petition has been forwarded to NVC.

Please can you tell me how long it takes National Visa Centre to process a case?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Lara2015: 6:11pm On Mar 17, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Each petition is given proper scrutiny. If the petitioner and the beneficiary have a qualifying relationship, and if the beneficiary doesn't have any ineligibilities, the beneficiary will get a visa.

We don't put a lot of faith in documents because any document can be faked. Also, sometimes in real relationships, people show up with fake documents because they don't think they have enough evidence to show us! So a document that looks real doesn't mean the relationship is real, and a fake document doesn't necessarily mean that the relationship is fake. We rely most heavily on the interview; if the beneficiary can't talk credibly about the relationship, that's when we start to have doubts.

It's also a problem for us if there's contradictory information. Sometimes we see immigrant visa applicants who claim to be unmarried, but they had two non-immigrant visa applications in which they claimed to be married with children. Then we have to figure out what the truth is.

My thoughts exactly, most people claim they had genunine documents and we're not even given opportunity to talk, thank you for the clarification and continued selfless assistance in this forum. Gracias

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bewaji25: 8:05am On Mar 18, 2015
Good morning ma, thank u for ur explanation yesterday. I have filled a new ds160 and submitted it. I have also sent a mail as u said. Pls ma when am I likey to hear back from the Embassy. LGS2014765032
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:23am On Mar 18, 2015
Pretyme:
Hello Visa Officer,

My dad is filing (I-130) for me and we received a letter from USCIS in October 2014 that my case was approved and the original visa petition has been forwarded to NVC.

Please can you tell me how long it takes National Visa Centre to process a case?

It usually takes them around six to eight months. But the waiting period also depends on the type of case. Is your father a U.S. citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident? How old are you, and are you married?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:24am On Mar 18, 2015
lalicious:
Hello Visa Officer,
I was just lucky to get into this forum ,I see your answers to questions asked Good job and well done. 2013 I applied for visa at the interview I was asked if preg and I said yes and I was issued the Visa the consular officer I met said am welcome even if I want to deliver there I went delivered and paid ALL my bills.
2.)2015 I went Jan to renew and I was denied on the basis that the bills which I paid was to be more I paid 2000dollars to the hosp paid 1500dollars to the obg on contract btw the hosp and Dr
3.i went back in Feb with the cert from the hosp and dr that am not owning them to my surprise the Consulate officer didn't even check the documents but I was again denied on the basis that I don't have Strong ties.
4.March I went back again with introductory letter frm my DG where I work,my husb an ED of is agency wrote again I was denied and given a denial letter that I can reapply if my circumstances as change .
I just don't knw what to do my husb and children visa is still valid
. Pls kindly advise me on what to do.Thanks

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening . However, please keep in mind that the purpose of that forum is not to provide advice for individual cases; it's supposed to be a discussion of general policy that is useful to everyone. So chances are that the officer won't reply to your question.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:25am On Mar 18, 2015
bewaji25:
Good morning ma, thank u for ur explanation yesterday. I have filled a new ds160 and submitted it. I have also sent a mail as u said. Pls ma when am I likey to hear back from the Embassy. LGS2014765032

You should hear from us today or tomorrow. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 18, 2015
Good morning Ma'am, sorry I am back again to enquire about my friend's case status. Will their passports be ready for pick up by friday? LGS2014850026 Thank you so much.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by halaphilip: 9:12am On Mar 18, 2015
Dear VO,

I would like you to clarify the following areas:

1. What happens if my Police Report is valid at the time of my interview (which is next week by the way) but expires before I travel? What do I do?
2. What is the Affidavit of Support (I-864 form)? I’ve seen you use it a couple of times here. My understanding is that all the forms have been sent to the NVC
3. Apart from the official documents listed in the letter I received from NVC, what other documents are typically required at the interview?

Thanks as always
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:38am On Mar 18, 2015
Euma:
Good morning Ma'am, sorry I am back again to enquire about my friend's case status. Will their passports be ready for pick up by friday? LGS2014850026 Thank you so much.

Yes! They will be ready for pick-up by Friday. smiley

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:40am On Mar 18, 2015
halaphilip:
Dear VO,

I would like you to clarify the following areas:

1. What happens if my Police Report is valid at the time of my interview (which is next week by the way) but expires before I travel? What do I do?
2. What is the Affidavit of Support (I-864 form)? I’ve seen you use it a couple of times here. My understanding is that all the forms have been sent to the NVC
3. Apart from the official documents listed in the letter I received from NVC, what other documents are typically required at the interview?

Thanks as always

Good morning! As long as the police report is valid on the day the visa is print authorized, it's fine if it expires before you travel. The Affidavit of Support has probably already been sent to NVC, but if it's incomplete or insufficient we'll give you the opportunity to submit an AOS from a joint sponsor. Along with the official documents requested, think about bringing something that shows your relationship with the petitioner -- such as photographs taken at different times, letters, e-mails, whatever you might have handy. Every relationship is different so there's no one list of What To Bring.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tmeeto: 10:55am On Mar 18, 2015
dear V.O,
my mum is a US permanent resident and she filled for me, but she has been in Nigeria for the past one year.

i hope this wont hinder our chances of having a successful immigrant interview?

kind rgds.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stevewale(m): 11:04am On Mar 18, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It's not here yet. We'll contact you as soon as it arrives.

Good morning ma,

Please i want to know if there is not gonna be a problem. My K1 case, LGS2015569044 shows Ready on Friday and I went ahead to pay and book for interview appointment yesterday before i saw your reply in anxiety to get a date in April before it get fully booked. (lol).

Please i hope its not a problem?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:06am On Mar 18, 2015
tmeeto:
dear V.O,
my mum is a US permanent resident and she filled for me, but she has been in Nigeria for the past one year.

i hope this wont hinder our chances of having a successful immigrant interview?

kind rgds.

When you say the past one year -- on what date did she last exit the United States?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:08am On Mar 18, 2015
stevewale:

Good morning ma,

Please i want to know if there is not gonna be a problem. My K1 case, LGS2015569044 shows Ready on Friday and I went ahead to pay and book for interview appointment yesterday before i saw your reply in anxiety to get a date in April before it get fully booked. (lol).

Please i hope its not a problem?

It could be a problem. How did you book an appointment if we haven't sent you the instructions yet? If your case doesn't arrive before your interview date, we won't be able to interview you....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Pretyme: 12:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
My dad is a Legal Permanent Resident, im not married and im 30.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
Pretyme:
My dad is a Legal Permanent Resident, im not married and im 30.

That makes your visa category F2B. Right now, F2B cases filed before July 8, 2008, are eligible to be interviewed.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cutemydee(f): 12:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
Good afternoon dear VO,
Thank you and weldone for the great job you are doing here.After several months of waiting and processing,I finally got interviewed with my 2yr old son at the Lagos consulate. The officer was friendly to us and we got a visa approval and was told to go for our passports/visas at the collection centre in 5days.I went but I was given just my son's passport with visa and was told to come bak for mine.I sent a mail yesty to inquire and was replied that its under processing.I was already dreaming of joining my husband this march.I'm tired of living as a young single mum.Any help/comment/advice from you would be appreciated.thanks
IV interview:March 5th 2015
Case number:LGS2014677037
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tmeeto: 12:57pm On Mar 18, 2015
VisaOfficer:

When you say the past one year -- on what date did she last exit the United States?

she last exited the US in Dec 2011.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
cutemydee:
Good afternoon dear VO,
Thank you and weldone for the great job you are doing here.After several months of waiting and processing,I finally got interviewed with my 2yr old son at the Lagos consulate. The officer was friendly to us and we got a visa approval and was told to go for our passports/visas at the collection centre in 5days.I went but I was given just my son's passport with visa and was told to come bak for mine.I sent a mail yesty to inquire and was replied that its under processing.I was already dreaming of joining my husband this march.I'm tired of living as a young single mum.Any help/comment/advice from you would be appreciated.thanks
IV interview:March 5th 2015
Case number:LGS2014677037

I'll ask the officer what's up with the case.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
tmeeto:

she last exited the US in Dec 2011.

Your mother has been outside the United States for more than a year. Thus, she has abandoned her Legal Permanent Resident status, and the petition she filed for you is invalid. She herself would need a visa to return to the U.S., if she ever intends to do so.

(Just a note for anyone else in this situation: We do check these things, so it's in everyone's best interest not to attempt to conceal them at the interview.)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dazetrin: 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
Good day VO,
please my son was asked to come any friday with passport and medical. He intends to come this friday. Is there any particular person he has to ask for or hand over the documents to. what is the instructions on what to do when he gets to your office. LGS2014726042. Thank you once again and I appreciate your help always. God bless.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lilzy: 1:29pm On Mar 18, 2015
Good afternoon ma, thanks for the wonderful job you are doing here , ma I filled my ds-160 form yesterday and booked next month for my interview however ma I responded that I had immunization documentation which I thought was just the yellow card and I ve been informed that it is not , would I need to refill another ds-160and book another appointment day or what can I do in in this situation ma?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
dazetrin:
Good day VO,
please my son was asked to come any friday with passport and medical. He intends to come this friday. Is there any particular person he has to ask for or hand over the documents to. what is the instructions on what to do when he gets to your office. LGS2014726042. Thank you once again and I appreciate your help always. God bless.

Greetings! He should just let the staff know when he's asked that he's there to drop off his meds and passport. They'll direct him. It should be a painless day.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
lilzy:
Good afternoon ma, thanks for the wonderful job you are doing here , ma I filled my ds-160 form yesterday and booked next month for my interview however ma I responded that I had immunization documentation which I thought was just the yellow card and I ve been informed that it is not , would I need to refill another ds-160and book another appointment day or what can I do in in this situation ma?

Don't worry about it - as long as your medical paperwork is in order when you come to your interview, that particular question won't be a problem.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mabor: 1:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
Good day ma. Any news for me please. Thanks ma. I always appreciate your help. Lgs2013683024.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
mabor:
Good day ma. Any news for me please. Thanks ma. I always appreciate your help. Lgs2013683024.

Looks like the review is wrapping up. I know that your adrenaline and suspense levels just shot up when you read that, but please be patient, you should hear from us soon.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mabor: 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
Thanks ma. You are right. I will be patient. I have waited for too long. Thanks for your help..
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lilzy: 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Don't worry about it - as long as your medical paperwork is in order when you come to your interview, that particular question won't be a problem.

thank you so much ma

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.