Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,297 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677944 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by owolabi123A: 11:40pm On May 20, 2015
Dear V.O,
I'm having Immigrant Visa Appointment in US Embassy, Lagos on June 24, 2015 but the US Consulate, Lagos sent an email to my spouse that the Interview Appointment has been rescheduled for July 28, 2015. Sir, what do you think is responsible for this postponement and what is the effect of this to my visa issuance? I need your truth and urgent response sir
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Virgohills(m): 4:00am On May 21, 2015
Hello V O
I am married in Nigeria and I have a son now. I have a friend in the US (Texas) what are my chances of relocating to the united states with my family in with a green card eventually. I am not professional
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:38am On May 21, 2015
Travelholic:
Hi VO,

Need your advise and some information on my case. I applied for B1/B2 Visa in April with my wife. My wife got the visa right away but my case was put under Admin Processing. Immediately after an interview I got an email from Consulate asking for some documents including my Resume, which I provided. Then after 6 weeks of waiting, got an email from them for a Follow-Up Appointment (second interview).

I'm just curious what happens in this case? Was the information not enough during first interview, or they want to ask further questions in detail?

Need your words on this please !

Thanks,

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:46am On May 21, 2015
owolabi123A:
Dear V.O,
I'm having Immigrant Visa Appointment in US Embassy, Lagos on June 24, 2015 but the US Consulate, Lagos sent an email to my spouse that the Interview Appointment has been rescheduled for July 28, 2015. Sir, what do you think is responsible for this postponement and what is the effect of this to my visa issuance? I need your truth and urgent response sir

There won't be any adverse effect on the processing of your case. We were asked to take an unprecedented number of cases in June, which we did, even scheduling a Saturday interview day; and then, as sometimes happens at overseas offices, other issues came up that prevented us from handling as many cases as we had planned to on certain days. So I had to move some of our June cases to the next available day. I'm sorry for the delay -- I know you're eager to have your interview!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:48am On May 21, 2015
Virgohills:
Hello V O
I am married in Nigeria and I have a son now. I have a friend in the US (Texas) what are my chances of relocating to the united states with my family in with a green card eventually. I am not professional

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate.html has information about the various types of immigrant visa that are available. Basically, to immigrate to the U.S., you'll need a qualifying relative or employer to file a petition on your behalf.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Crich(f): 4:12pm On May 21, 2015
Hello VO.
This is a non.immigrant question but I noticed that that thread hasn't been visited by the VO for a long time now.
Please, I need your help in the following:

-is it possible for a VO to place a non-entry bar of 5(five) yrs (i thought it's a 3/10 bar rule) on a U.S. visitors visa because of an overstay of less than 180 days even when that over stay was based on a change of status which was applied for way before the expiration of an I-94?
-is it possible to get a U.S. immigration to look into this?
-is it also advisable to apply for a study permit in Canada following this, since both countries cross check each other's database?

Thanks a lot for your anticipated response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by HesInMe: 5:32pm On May 21, 2015
Hi,

Could you kindly give me a sense of when I might get an interview slot? My documentation was recently confirmed as complete with NVC. I know from previous comments that June is unlikely.

Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Colemaxgrl: 6:00pm On May 21, 2015
Greetings VO, i humbly apologise for anyhow i seem to bother you. Please ma, can you kindly give a direct location descriptions of the US Consulate in 2, Walter Carington, V/Island, Lagos. That is coming from CMS. Thanks alot.

Regards

David T. Maxwell.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Travelholic: 7:05pm On May 21, 2015
VisaOfficer:

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .

Hi V.O,

There in Non-Immigrant section, V.O. has not been responding for long.

If you just could share some info on my case, for a 2nd Interview?

Thanks,
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sirk111: 9:40pm On May 21, 2015
Hello Dear VO, Thanks so , so much and i really appreciate ur concerned. I went to immigration office, CBP at Atlanta on tuesday, and i got my passport back and they accepted the copy of the medical. They even called my wife to inform me that i should no more bother about doing a new medical that they`ve received the email copy my medical from Lagos Us Embassy. You `re an hero till end ma!! God bless you and God bless america till end!!! smiley smiley smiley wink winkOne Love

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sharlorhm(m): 11:07pm On May 21, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It's good that you're preparing. smiley Yes, you'll be asked questions, as we try to determine whether your father and stepmother really are your father and stepmother. If you have photos of the three of you together, or letters, or evidence that your father and stepmother live together, it would be a good idea to bring that.
I havent seen my stepmum before physically, have only seen her pictures and have also spoken to her on fone several times so we havent taken pictures together, what if l can get a picture of my dad and stepmum together? will that be enough? And thank you so much ma, we have seen developments in our case
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onemorestep: 5:59am On May 22, 2015
VisaOfficer:

No, no need to interview before the petition expires. We can keep it open for you (and we routinely do that for our K applicants).

ma its been few days since I last on. So i need advice on this was your answer from my previous question. Again my k1 visa case number is lgs2015612019. Since ceac website showed ready yesterday I paid fee to bank and scheduled appointment for July 16 on us travel doc. My fiance needed to requested time off and renew nigeria tourist visa. So she will be here from July 13 - 26. Will this visa appointment date be ok far in July?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by orimahspence: 7:10am On May 22, 2015
Hi VO, I applied for journalist/media I class visa, I am scheduled to have my interview by July 12, I received another email that my aappointment has been inferred to June 8, I have seen issue of appointment postponement but I have never has of drawing appointment closer than earlier scheduled, my question is under what circumstance can the appointment be drawn nearer than the earlier scheduled time? Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:02am On May 22, 2015
Crich:
Hello VO.
This is a non.immigrant question but I noticed that that thread hasn't been visited by the VO for a long time now.
Please, I need your help in the following:

-is it possible for a VO to place a non-entry bar of 5(five) yrs (i thought it's a 3/10 bar rule) on a U.S. visitors visa because of an overstay of less than 180 days even when that over stay was based on a change of status which was applied for way before the expiration of an I-94?
-is it possible to get a U.S. immigration to look into this?
-is it also advisable to apply for a study permit in Canada following this, since both countries cross check each other's database?

Thanks a lot for your anticipated response.

Sorry, I really can't comment on non-immigrant visa questions. It's not my area of expertise, and I don't want to lead you astray!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:03am On May 22, 2015
HesInMe:
Hi,

Could you kindly give me a sense of when I might get an interview slot? My documentation was just confirmed as complete with NVC today. I know from previous comments that June is unlikely.

Thanks!

Tell me again what your visa category is and when your petition was filed?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:10am On May 22, 2015
Colemaxgrl:
Greetings VO, i humbly apologise for anyhow i seem to bother you. Please ma, can you kindly give a direct location descriptions of the US Consulate in 2, Walter Carington, V/Island, Lagos. That is coming from CMS. Thanks alot.

Regards

David T. Maxwell.

I have to admit I am terrible at directions, and don't know what CMS stands for. smiley My advice is to ask for directions when you get to VI -- people on the island should be able to assist you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:11am On May 22, 2015
Travelholic:

Hi V.O,

There in Non-Immigrant section, V.O. has not been responding for long.

If you just could share some info on my case, for a 2nd Interview?

Thanks,

Non-immigrant visas are outside my area of expertise, I'm afraid.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:13am On May 22, 2015
sirk111:
Hello Dear VO, Thanks so , so much and i really appreciate ur concerned. I went to immigration office, CBP at Atlanta on tuesday, and i got my passport back and they accepted the copy of the medical. They even called my wife to inform me that i should no more bother about doing a new medical that they`ve received the email copy my medical from Lagos Us Embassy. You `re an hero till end ma!! God bless you and God bless america till end!!! smiley smiley smiley wink winkOne Love

Hurray! I'm so glad that worked out for you! I apologize for the stress we caused you, and I'm really happy that you were successfully admitted!

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:14am On May 22, 2015
sharlorhm:

I havent seen my stepmum before physically, have only seen her pictures and have also spoken to her on fone several times so we havent taken pictures together, what if l can get a picture of my dad and stepmum together? will that be enough? And thank you so much ma, we have seen developments in our case

Bring whatever you have. Without reviewing your evidence in person there's no way for me to say what's enough -- but if the interviewing officer has concerns, you'll likely be given the opportunity to bring more evidence to a follow-up appointment.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:16am On May 22, 2015
onemorestep:

ma its been few days since I last on. So i need advice on this was your answer from my previous question. Again my k1 visa case number is lgs2015612019. Since ceac website showed ready yesterday I paid fee to bank and scheduled appointment for July 16 on us travel doc. My fiance needed to requested time off and renew nigeria tourist visa. So she will be here from July 13 - 26. Will this visa appointment date be ok far in July?

It should be fine. At this moment in time I don't anticipate anything that would prevent us from seeing people on July 16.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:17am On May 22, 2015
orimahspence:
Hi VO, I applied for journalist/media I class visa, I am scheduled to have my interview by July 12, I received another email that my aappointment has been inferred to June 8, I have seen issue of appointment postponement but I have never has of drawing appointment closer than earlier scheduled, my question is under what circumstance can the appointment be drawn nearer than the earlier scheduled time? Thank you

I don't have an answer for that. My advice is to e-mail the NIV Unit in Lagos or Abuja, depending on where your appointment is, and ask.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sharlorhm(m): 9:34am On May 22, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Bring whatever you have. Without reviewing your evidence in person there's no way for me to say what's enough -- but if the interviewing officer has concerns, you'll likely be given the opportunity to bring more evidence to a follow-up appointment.
Thank you Ma, Will a picture of my step_mum and my dad together be enough evidence?
2) NVC has asked my dad for my AOS and our plice report. if he sends it to dem tomorrow, when will NVC complete documentation on our case?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:55am On May 22, 2015
sharlorhm:

Thank you Ma, Will a picture of my step_mum and my dad together be enough evidence?
2) NVC has asked my dad for my AOS and our plice report. if he sends it to dem tomorrow, when will NVC complete documentation on our case?

Sorry, these are unanswerable questions. I can't evaluate evidence unless I see it, and I can't predict NVC's workload and timelines.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mcaylife(m): 11:39am On May 22, 2015
hello VO. my wife sent the petition to USCIS office and she got a text that they have received it. I want to ask if they approve it and send it to NVC what fees are we too pay after and what is the time frame till I am being called for an interview because we would like to be together for our 1 year wedding anniversary at DEC 4 this year. she is a USC. thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by stevewale(m): 12:12pm On May 22, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Hurray! I'm so glad that worked out for you! I apologize for the stress we caused you, and I'm really happy that you were successfully admitted!

Mam, even as I've picked up my visa and wrapping up to join my fiancee soon, I still come to this thread often to give my day a lift cos the way you assist pple out here spurs me in 'giving more' to my job/work with or without extra renumeration.

I've been following this person's case about his missing medical reports. Ma, I must confess that you are a God sent .... As u usually gladden people's heart, so will God bless and never make u experience sorrow.

Thumbs up mam

8 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sharlorhm(m): 12:13pm On May 22, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Sorry, these are unanswerable questions. I can't evaluate evidence unless I see it, and I can't predict NVC's workload and timelines.
Thank you Ma, please dont mind my childish questions. Am jst getin really tied of here
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by HesInMe: 1:27pm On May 22, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Tell me again what your visa category is and when your petition was filed?

IR1/CR1, petition filed in January 2015.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bukolacole(m): 3:13pm On May 22, 2015
Good day ma, I can't thank you enough, all I will say is I leave you to God to judge as he does for people who look after others in goodwill and thought, have been able to pick up my visa and my sister's, thank you so much.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Colemaxgrl: 4:13pm On May 22, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I have to admit I am terrible at directions, and don't know what CMS stands for. smiley My advice is to ask for directions when you get to VI -- people on the island should be able to assist you.

I understand ma, and thank you so much for your efforts and advice.

Best regards

David T. Maxwell
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by john2son5: 5:56am On May 23, 2015
Hello Dear V O,
someone told me of this forum, following it till this moment when i have to comment and ask a question.
i will like to say God bless my friend that told me of this platform and God bless you so much ma'am (VO), your response has very informative and helpful.

my wife filed form i-130 for me and it is now in NVC.

we did not do a big wedding, all we did was an indoor traditional wedding and a court marriage, we were less than 10 in the court wedding because we got there very early because of the anticipation that a lot of people are wedding on that day. we were the first couple to be wedded that day, so some friends and family members could not make it on time but my parents and my wife's parents were there with us. we didnt do any reception after the court wedding but there was refreshment in the traditional.
i did not see it as problem until i joined this platform and gets to understand the seriousness of this process. Every information provided to USCIS about our marriage and life is true and we added the pictures we took during this two events. my wife is a US citizen.
my questions are-

1, Do you think this small wedding thing could be a problem?
2, Would you advise, we quickly do a big church wedding before my interview, so i will have more colorful pictures with large guest present to bring during my interview?
3, Are the wedding pictures a primary criteria

i am worried about it now because the whole small wedding thing was my idea, i prefer to put all that money for a big wedding into my master degree when i get there( it was not born out of selfishness, that was just how i saw it then) but my wife will kill me grin if this poses any difficulty.

i wait your response.

best regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (223)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.