Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (680188 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cute2014: 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
Dear VO,a very good afternoon to you.My family had her interview last Wednesday July 16th,would u reckon the visas would be ready for pick up by tomorrow?Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
cute2014:

Dear VO,a very good afternoon to you.My family had her interview last Wednesday July 16th,would u reckon the visas would be ready for pick up by tomorrow?Thanks.

Greetings! My sincerest apologies, but the visas have not yet been issued. We're experiencing technical difficulties, and printing for most people has been delayed. We're trying very hard to get back online. As soon as we are, I'll post a message here letting people know their visas will be ready for pick-up soon.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ragazza: 4:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Yes, you absolutely can file all the papers before the two years are over! That's a very good idea. Good luck!

Thank you very much for your response and clarification! smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cute2014: 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Greetings! My sincerest apologies, but the visas have not yet been issued. We're experiencing technical difficulties, and printing for most people has been delayed. We're trying very hard to get back online. As soon as we are, I'll post a message here letting people know their visas will be ready for pick-up soon.

Thanks so much for your response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by PMBL: 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
Good Day VO I want to know if a 2012 fiance K1 petition if still open even asking to close it effect my I-130 petition for the same beneficiary? Can this delay my approval on my I-130? and from your experience how long would it delay an I-130 petition?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:25am On Jul 24, 2014
PMBL:
Good Day VO I want to know if a 2012 fiance K1 petition if still open even asking to close it effect my I-130 petition for the same beneficiary? Can this delay my approval on my I-130? and from your experience how long would it delay an I-130 petition?

No, it's all good. The 2012 K petition would have expired by now anyway. The only effect will be positive, in that it shows that you and the beneficiary have been trying to reunite for some time now.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:26am On Jul 24, 2014
An official message from U.S. Department of State's Consular Affairs:

The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our passport/visa system.

This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category.

We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or visa at this time.

We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect our system to be fully operational again soon.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenpa: 8:06am On Jul 24, 2014
Greetings! And thanks for your quick response. Thanks for taking the time answer. do you know the approximated  wait time for I-129f. And how long do a case status stay in initial review. Thanks in advance for your prompt answers.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AREOLA: 8:24am On Jul 24, 2014
VisaOfficer: An official message from U.S. Department of State's Consular Affairs:

The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our passport/visa system.

This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category.

We apologize to applicants who are experiencing delays or are unable to obtain a passport, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or visa at this time.

We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect our system to be fully operational again soon.

Thanks ma 4 d info.we hope it won't take longer than necessary.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tosinjoe(m): 8:53am On Jul 24, 2014
Hi VO please help me out again

1. Is it possible to reschedule my appointment just a day before d appointment date??

2. How safe is rescheduling at this time considering the fact that we are close to September 30?? Do I stand another chance??

3. If I stand a chance, when do I possibly get interviewed??

N.B my interview date is July 31st
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:55am On Jul 24, 2014
tosinjoe: Hi VO please help me out again

1. Is it possible to reschedule my appointment just a day before d appointment date??

2. How safe is rescheduling at this time considering the fact that we are close to September 30?? Do I stand another chance??

3. If I stand a chance, when do I possibly get interviewed??

N.B my interview date is July 31st

It is not possible to reschedule any Diversity Visa appointment. All applicants must honor their originally scheduled appointment dates.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:56am On Jul 24, 2014
queenpa: Greetings! And thanks for your quick response. Thanks for taking the time answer. do you know the approximated  wait time for I-129f. And how long do a case status stay in initial review. Thanks in advance for your prompt answers.

I'm not sure, but it's not more than a few months. It depends how many cases are being processed by the National Visa Center when yours arrives.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by PMBL: 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
Good Day again VO, first I must tell you that we really appreciate what you are doing here for us, you have certainly ease my mind alot. I have a question: Why would a US Embassy hold on to a K 1 petition refused under 221g for misrepresentation for over 1 year before returning the petition back to USCIS.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
PMBL: Good Day again VO, first I must tell you that we really appreciate what you are doing here for us, you have certainly ease my mind alot. I have a question: Why would a US Embassy hold on to a K 1 petition refused under 221g for misrepresentation for over 1 year before returning the petition back to USCIS.

Without knowing the details of the case, it sounds like the misrepresentation was separate from the fiance relationship? That is, we did not doubt the relationship, but the beneficiary had committed material misrepresentation in some other way (uch as using a false identity in the past)?

If that is the case: The case was not sent back to USCIS because we always keep cases with ineligibilities here at post for a very long time -- years, even -- to give beneficiaries time to apply for a waiver of their ineligibilities.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
PMBL: Good Day again VO, first I must tell you that we really appreciate what you are doing here for us, you have certainly ease my mind alot.

p.s. And I must add that I very much appreciate everyone's constant kind words and pleasant greetings. I wish I had time to respond to every single question with the same deference and amiability all of you display! kiss

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cute2014: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
VisaOfficer:

p.s. And I must add that I very much appreciate everyone's constant kind words and pleasant greetings. I wish I had time to respond to every single question with the same deference and amiability all of you display! kiss

U deserve the words and greetings ma'am.At the very least its simple courtesy.We do appreciate taking time out to do this considering your workload at this time of the fiscal year.It does go a long way.

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by guddylover(m): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
@visaofficer,

A friend of mine went for U.S visa lottery interview sometime in 2007 and he and his then wife was refused the visa, now he is wondering if he can apply again with his real information since his fingerprints was not taken back when he went for interview.Cant go into why he is now trying to use his real info, but I think that happened as a result of what these silly agents made him do. My question is that, can the U.S embassy fish him out with just the Police character cert. obtained from Alagbon? Once again, his fingerprints was not taken at the embassy. Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by PMBL: 10:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Without knowing the details of the case, it sounds like the misrepresentation was separate from the fiance relationship? That is, we did not doubt the relationship, but the beneficiary had committed material misrepresentation in some other way (uch as using a false identity in the past)?

If that is the case: The case was not sent back to USCIS because we always keep cases with ineligibilities here at post for a very long time -- years, even -- to give beneficiaries time to apply for a waiver of their ineligibilities.
Yes you are correct, the misrepsentation happened almost 12 years ago which had absolutely nothing to do with the fiance case. Now I do know you are truly who you say you are, because I never told you that and only someone experience and knowledgeable would know it didn't have anything to do with the fiance case. The CO did believe we have a bonifide relationship. I really respect you for helping us alll, see I am new to this forum and didnt know what to expect. Thank you kindly, but I do need to know if this will effect my I130, because it's been 8 months now and no NO2 and am worried? We never received a NOIR for our k1 petition or anything, but when I called they told me our petition for the k1 (i129f) is still active. Wouldn't that be impossible since we filed it in June 2012 & our last interview when we received the denial was in July 2013?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by deejaysly: 6:35am On Jul 25, 2014
Plz help me out, am a young guy of 29, v aplied 4 a visitin US visa twice last year(august nd oct) nd I was denied in bot cases, bt diz time I want to apply tru a platform for a one week training, wot is my chance of getin d visa approved diz tym. Tnkx
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by marymary14(f): 7:20am On Jul 25, 2014
Good morning VO,
I finally got my visa approved and I really want to thank you for your advise so far. But I have a challenge now, my parents will be celebrating their wedding anniversary in December and I really want to be there for it, but the thing is my medicals expire October. I'm wondering if it's possible to extend it or do I have to do another one?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 9:25am On Jul 25, 2014
@All

Please lets allow VisaOfficer to answer all the questions here.

I appreciate the fact that some of you want to chip in but if that is allowed this thread will be derailed.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by omega2128(m): 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
justwise: @All

Please lets allow VisaOfficer to answer all the questions here.

I appreciate the fact that some of you want to chip in but if that is allowed this thread will be derailed.

Thank you.

To prevent it from being like last thread. Agree with you 100%

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mathlaw: 3:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
Dear Visa Officer,we appreciate your precious time here.Pls i need your advice here,i paid for Non-immigration Visa fee for my wife at GT Bank and it was when she came back from work i realised i used her old passport that she was using before we got married which is even expired instead of her new passport copy to pay for the Visa fee.
The only difference frm my old passort and new pssport is the surname,the old passport bear my father's name before i got married and my new passport bear my husband name and my old passort is even expired,infact the bank cashier didn't even notice that it has expired when paying for the fee.
When i went back to bank to notify them i was told they can't do anythin on it again that i can still use the payment reference number so far is only the surname that is difference.Pls what can you advice on it.I will wait for ur reply urgently.Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Dansy(f): 7:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
Pls sir, what are the questions ask at the point of entry USA and other information.I will travelling first week next month. I am first time traveller
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by LUCAS99: 8:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
Dear Visa Officer I'm a Nigerian living abroad please do I have to be physically present in Nigeria inorder to renew my F-1 Student visa through the Dropbox Renewal Service program or can I ask my sibling or friend to drop off the application confirmation sheet, passport photos, visa fee receipt, and appropriate forms to one of the DHL facilities in Abuja or Lagos.And when the visa is ready my sibling or sister can collect the passport with the visa attached on my behalf and mail it back to me in the United States.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by aariwa(m): 11:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
Dear VO.please i need some clarifications.If a nigerian man marries his first cousin who is an american citizen in nigeria or ghana,is he eligible to file for form i 30 or immediate relative/spouse visa,The cousin is from a state in U.S where first cousin marriage is legal while the laws in Nigeria and Ghana are silent on it.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by johnsonadex: 12:23am On Jul 27, 2014
Hello the VO, can someone travelling in November 2014 pay for his USCIS fee in July 2014 while he's still in Nigeria? Hope its not too early?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pepson: 7:11pm On Jul 27, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Don't give up! You can always apply for the waiver!

hello VO,i wish to know if it is a good idear to get an immigration lawyer to follow up my case? i plan to get one in the US to follow up my case
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by valworld: 11:04pm On Jul 27, 2014
W
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by valworld: 11:17pm On Jul 27, 2014
What a great chance we have here to count you ?
Dear V.O, I need your advice, my appointment letter (DV) came with all our name in improper order i.e.: YZX instead of XYZ: will this pose any problem?
Thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.