Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (680115 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by wuwu(m): 11:27am On Jul 09, 2015
Good work madam..

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 1:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
Angelic V O. I have gone to pick up my and my son visa today .Words can't explain how I feel. Thanks a lot for all the answers to my questions. May God continue to bless you ma. Remain blessed nairaland queen

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 1:33pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dematrix: 2:29pm On Jul 09, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Without knowing the case number, I have no way of knowing what's up with the K2 visas. Has she e-mailed LagosIV@state.gov recently to ask what's going on?

Thanks Officer for your response. I am flattered you took the time to read my post. I contacted her regarding yur response and she sent me some details (including her case number; it is;LGS2014817053). She also sent me their passport numbers,do you need these too? Interviewed and visa approval date was May 15th, 2015.Visa issue notification was June 10th, 2015( But only her passport was returned with a visa, kids passport still with the consulate). She and her fiancee contacted LagosIV@state.gov but they were told they are still having computer issues. First contact was a month ago , second contact was two weeks ago.She said, they are worried if they keep writting the emabssy it will be annoyng to your office and may lead to more delays so they are kind of confused what to do

Thank you very much.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
Joboms:

Dear VO..pls do u know how long it takes NVC to reply mail

I'm not sure. But I remember hearing that it's taking them longer than usual, due to the increased number of inquiries.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:16pm On Jul 09, 2015
dematrix:

Thanks Officer for your response. I am flattered you took the time to read my post. I contacted her regarding yur response and she sent me some details (including her case number; it is;LGS2014817053). She also sent me their passport numbers,do you need these too? Interviewed and visa approval date was May 15th, 2015.Visa issue notification was June 10th, 2015( But only her passport was returned with a visa, kids passport still with the consulate). She and her fiancee contacted LagosIV@state.gov but they were told they are still having computer issues. First contact was a month ago , second contact was two weeks ago.She said, they are worried if they keep writting the emabssy it will be annoyng to your office and may lead to more delays so they are kind of confused what to do

Thank you very much.

Should have an answer for you tomorrow....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dematrix: 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Should have an answer for you tomorrow....
Thanks Visa Officer!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dontyou: 5:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hello dear vo.i have been following this thread as a silent reader.
My question doesn't have to do with Nigeria embassy but that of Ghana embassy.
The cos in Ghana embassy have been refusing spousal visas for majority of people. They are playing with the life's of people thinking every relationship is not genuine.
There is even a case where a Co denied a woman even when she had a lot of bona fide evidence including children(with us passport) with the petitioner.
its getting out of hand and I want to use this forum to see if there is a way to report to the high authorities about this unfair acts by some Cos because I think they are hurting families and breaking homes apart.
Salute :' cry cry cry
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Aburoy(m): 5:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
Good Evening Madam,
Hope you had a nearmiss free day @ work today?. Please, I would like to know if the DNA samples that were collected yesterday the 8th have been sent back to their various labs/clinics in the united states. Thanks.
Warm Regards.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by blinkdr: 10:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
thnx for all the positive response u doin a great job my wife wrote to the embassy trying to figure out how long the AP would take and if its possible for it to be expedited and we got a response saying the gonna expedite it i want to know of it can be expedited and usually how long will it take coz my wife needs a procedure done thanx
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jayjon: 10:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
Hello Consular Officer,

smiley Thank you, I sent the Consulate a Email today.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:02am On Jul 10, 2015
Aburoy:
Good Evening Madam,
Hope you had a nearmiss free day @ work today?. Please, I would like to know if the DNA samples that were collected yesterday the 8th have been sent back to their various labs/clinics in the united states. Thanks.
Warm Regards.

Good morning! All DNA samples went to the mailroom yesterday -- which means they'll leave the Consulate today. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:04am On Jul 10, 2015
blinkdr:
thnx for all the positive response u doin a great job my wife wrote to the embassy trying to figure out how long the AP would take and if its possible for it to be expedited and we got a response saying the gonna expedite it i want to know of it can be expedited and usually how long will it take coz my wife needs a procedure done thanx

Well, administrative processing can't be expedited. We do it as quickly as we can, but it's a legal requirement and it has to take its course.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:00am On Jul 10, 2015
dematrix:

Thank you very much.

Ah-ha! So, the computer glitches allowed us to print the K1 but not the K2s -- until this week. The K2s have been printed and sent to the collection center! They should be ready for pickup next Thursday (but it's always safest to call first). Because we've never had this particular type of computer problem before, we didn't have a system in place to notify people when the derivatives couldn't be printed -- but from now on we will. smiley My personal apologies to your friend for the anxiety we caused.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenkaf: 8:45am On Jul 10, 2015
Good morning VO..

So after rescheduling to the 10th of july ....i woke up early so i will be among the first set of people to interview ......only to find out from one of the staff that my interview is still on the 16th of july ......but i have an appointment letter for 10th after i rescheduled how is this possible
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:53am On Jul 10, 2015
queenkaf:
Good morning VO..

So after rescheduling to the 10th of july ....i woke up early so i will be among the first set of people to interview ......only to find out from one of the staff that my interview is still on the 16th of july ......but i have an appointment letter for 10th after i rescheduled how is this possible

Without knowing your case number, I can't be of much help. It sounds like your name is not on today's entry list, which it would be if you had rescheduled. When you say you have an appointment letter, did you get the letter from the appointment site when you rescheduled?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenkaf: 9:23am On Jul 10, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Without knowing your case number, I can't be of much help. It sounds like your name is not on today's entry list, which it would be if you had rescheduled. When you say you have an appointment letter, did you get the letter from the appointment site when you rescheduled?

My case number is LGS2015607002....

Yes i got the letter from the site...i am still outside the embassy ..waiting for my car because i travelled from far.

I have the tally and everything i was already for the interview when i was told i am not due till 16th
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:29am On Jul 10, 2015
queenkaf:

My case number is LGS2015607002....

Yes i got the letter from the site...i am still outside the embassy ..waiting for my car because i travelled from far.

I have the tally and everything i was already for the interview when i was told i am not due till 16th

I see you on the appointment website. Come on back -- we'll tell the greeters outside to let you in!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenkaf: 9:33am On Jul 10, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I see you on the appointment website. Come on back -- we'll tell the greeters outside to let you in!

On my way in

I just got to the greeters i was not allowed in they even misinterpreted what i said and laughed when i said i got the confirmation to come back from nairaland

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:40am On Jul 10, 2015
queenkaf:

On my way in

Give us 15 seconds to tell the right people!!!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:27am On Jul 10, 2015
queenkaf:

On my way in

I just got to the greeters i was not allowed in they even misinterpreted what i said and laughed when i said i got the confirmation to come back from nairaland

Please go back, refuse to leave, and let us yell at them.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenkaf: 10:27am On Jul 10, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Give us 15 seconds to tell the right people!!!

I am still waiting outside
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Hopeful1987: 10:29am On Jul 10, 2015
Good Morning V.O,

I was interviewed on July 2nd and asked to collect my passport today. On CEAC site, my status reads Administrative processing, after approval It's so confusing. Then the DHL phone number written on the collection paper never goes through. Does that mean the Embasy has not gone back to normal processing? I wish I can pick up by Monday, I need to leave Lagos as soon as possible. My case number is LGS2014529006. Thank You Ma for your time.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:45am On Jul 10, 2015
Hopeful1987:
Good Morning V.O,

I was interviewed on July 2nd and asked to collect my passport today. On CEAC site, my status reads Administrative processing, after approval It's so confusing. Then the DHL phone number written on the collection paper never goes through. Does that mean the Embasy has not gone back to normal processing? I wish I can pick up by Monday, I need to leave Lagos as soon as possible. My case number is LGS2014529006. Thank You Ma for your time.

We are mostly back to normal processing -- still dealing with some lingering issues. Your visa's been delayed by a "normal" technical issue, though -- the sort of thing we see even without the worldwide computer glitch. We'll get it printed as soon as we can.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dematrix: 10:51am On Jul 10, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Ah-ha! So, the computer glitches allowed us to print the K1 but not the K2s -- until this week. The K2s have been printed and sent to the collection center! They should be ready for pickup next Thursday (but it's always safest to call first). Because we've never had this particular type of computer problem before, we didn't have a system in place to notify people when the derivatives couldn't be printed -- but from now on we will. smiley My personal apologies to your friend for the anxiety we caused.

Oh , thats wonderful news Visa Officer. My frined and her fiancee will be thrilled to hear. You are just too wonderful. God bless you and your entire family, Amen!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Hopeful1987: 10:59am On Jul 10, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Thank You for prompt response, that's reassuring. I can only keep checking. CEAC to see if it eventually changes. Thank You again

We are mostly back to normal processing -- still dealing with some lingering issues. Your visa's been delayed by a "normal" technical issue, though -- the sort of thing we see even without the worldwide computer glitch. We'll get it printed as soon as we can.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:42am On Jul 10, 2015
Hopeful1987:
Good Morning V.O,

PRINTED! It will be ready for pickup by next Friday at the latest.

~whew~

Man, recovering from the computer glitches is more stressful than the computer glitches! But you are all more than worth it! grin

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Transformium: 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Good Morning

I received a mail from the address below. I have edited it for privacy reasons. I also sent a copy of the original content to (lagosiv@state.gov).

I would like to find out the authenticity of the mail.

Thank you

Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 21:00:26
To:*****< *******>
Reply-To: KCC Notification <support@kcc-program.com>

Subject: **My name**** - KCC
Application Notification
(2015977C8FGM7755)

Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) sent this message to »My Name« (My email address)

Your registered name is included to show this message originated from Kentucky Consular Center (KCC)

Dear *******,

Thank you for being a valued U.S.
Consular Electronic Application Center
(CEAC) customer. We wish to notify you
that you have been selected as one of
the Diversity Visa Program person for
receiving a Green Card. You can live
permanently in the United States as an
American resident, enter and leave the
country as you wish. You can work, study, or invest. You can gain health, education, social security and other benefits. Getting a Green Card does not affect your present citizenship.

Confirmation Number:
2015977C8FGM7755

Name: *******
Marital Status: NO
Phone Number: 234********

Please click the link bellow and start the integration process in the United States as soon as possible.

http://state-svb1d87520974.diversityvisa-
state.com/internal/status/638b9c0f31f54e1663e6cdeb63955159/?CN=2015977C8FGM7755

If your link doesn't work, it's possible that it was broken by your email system. If the link isn't clickable or part of the link is cut off, please copy and paste the entire URL into your browser's address bar and press Enter;

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified
based on the definitions provided in 12FAM 540. Reply
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenkaf: 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Please go back, refuse to leave, and let us yell at them.

Thank you oooooo...i was approved....you are a darling kiss kiss

11 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
Transformium:

Good Morning

I received a mail from the address below. I have edited it for privacy reasons. I also sent a copy of the original content to (lagosiv@state.gov).

I would like to find out the authenticity of the mail.

Thank you

~ scam scam scam ~

This is definitely a scam. DV notifications are not sent by "support@kcc-program.com."

In fact, I just entered my own last name and a made-up confirmation number into the website their link leads to, and it appears that I have won the Diversity Visa lottery. smiley

You can check to see if your actual entry was selected at the official Diversity Visa website: https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ . You are quite right not to trust e-mails like this one.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:45pm On Jul 10, 2015
queenkaf:

Thank you oooooo...i was approved....you are a darling kiss kiss

Glad to hear it! After all the wahala I was thinking "Oh man, I hope she has a good case." smiley

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by queenkaf: 1:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Glad to hear it! After all the wahala I was thinking "Oh man, I hope she has a good case." smiley

Yes oo i was scared because the person that took my documents said i have given them wahala .....but i am greatful to GOd ....the delay was to give him glory

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.