Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677655 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Olaewola(m): 4:21pm On Jul 05, 2015
hello VO u are doing a great, i need to know some questions i wii be asked on interview at the embassy on invitation from my uncle to visit him,
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:12am On Jul 06, 2015
fiddodiddo:

Dear VO, hope your day is going well and you are looking forward to the long weekend. Please where will/can one disclose the scenario described above (referring to error in DOB) on DS-260 (under which section of the form)?. Kindly advise. Thank you

Just let the officer know during the interview. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:23am On Jul 06, 2015
Xfinity:

The case numbers are:
2009715046 and 2009715047
Thanks for helping.

Both cases are under administrative processing, as you know. I don't have a timeline for when that will be completed -- it involves several different offices. I'm afraid I can't be more specific, because our policy is not to discuss cases undergoing administrative processing.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:23am On Jul 06, 2015
lizziepeks:

Good evening Ma, I finally got the email stating they have received the file less than a week after the previous email of discouragement and what saddens me really is that I decided to go on a holiday not back to Nigeria till august and have also rescheduled it till august 20th .. hmmm sad much my question now is the I-129f approval has an expiry date of 24th August M guessing this means I ought to be in the states by then does this get extended??

Don't worry -- we extend the dates automatically, so that I-129Fs don't expire before the applicant even has a chance to interview.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:25am On Jul 06, 2015
adeolu0510:
Ma, I cannot pay the fee online because of the system faults and my kids' names are still not included on my ceac page online despite the fee invoices sent. Can the DS-230s be filled and mailed to NVC, please? Thanks a lot.

That would be a question for NVC. (I think the online DS-260 problem should be fixed soon but until I receive official notification, I plan to continue to accept the paper DS-230s here in the office.)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:27am On Jul 06, 2015
wuwu:
What is the waiting time for f2b..my priority date is June 30 2014..i checked mygcvisa.com website which stipulate my case will be current around march 2019 though jst givin a hint how my case will take..f2b is currently goin faster these days..waitin for ur response

Right now F2Bs that were filed on or before Oct. 15, 2008, are eligible to be scheduled for interviews. You can monitor the movement of priority dates / cutoff dates at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:27am On Jul 06, 2015
Lizzyvic:
Dear VO
I just want to thank you for your guidance and patience in answering different immigration questions, God will continue to reward and bless you abundantly.
Pls. Ma my children received a call from the embassy asking them to drop off their passports next week friday for visa issuance, as per the positive DNA result. Pls my inquiry is, can one of my children come to lagos and submit it on behalf of the other two. Or should all of them come. Though the officer that called them said anyone of them can come, i just want to confirm from you. Thank you for your reply. God bless.

Hey, congratulations! Yes, one person can drop off all the passports. smiley

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:28am On Jul 06, 2015
richie5655:
hello VO .
please how long exactly will it take f3 to be scheduled for an appointment. have submitted all the documents required

Right now F3 petitions that were filed on or before March 15, 2004, are eligible to be scheduled for interviews. You can monitor the movement of priority dates / cutoff dates at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:29am On Jul 06, 2015
iContribute:
Dear VO,

Thank you for this platform.

I had a B1/B2 Visa and made my way to the US. At the US point of entry (not the one i stated i was entrying the US from) the immigration officers were not convinced that i was only visiting as they were some misunderstood/contracdicting statements. However, i wasn't given any opportunity to explain myself then my Visa was cancelled 'WITH PREJUDICE' and i was sent back to Nigeria. Please i have a few questions that i will appreciate answers too and i will also appreciate your advice on steps to correct this situation.

1. What are the automatic penalties for this? Does this mean not being able to ever visit the US?
2. Is there a stipulated period before re-applying without visa refusal?
3. Will this affect my visa applications to visit or migrate to other countries especially Australia and Canada?
4. Will this affect other members of my family?
5. What if my fiance or spouse is a US citizen, will this be an advantage to visit and possibly migrate to the US?
6. What are the steps i need to take to correct the situation?

Thank you in anticipation of your professional advice and response.

iContribute

These are mostly questions for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening . If your fiance or spouse is a U.S. citizen (or Legal Permanent Resident in the case of a spouse), that person can file an immigration petition on your behalf.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:32am On Jul 06, 2015
wal02:
Hello ma please i need your help ma,my fiance is about to become a us citizen and he will like to file for me as soon as possible,he will be coming to see me again as am pregnant now and will be due very soon ma but we are still thinking either to go to d registry here nigeria and file a spouse visa for me or to file a k1 visa Ma please which one is d fastest between CR1 and K1 cos the distance is just killing both of us, love to be with him soon.Thanks and God bless you ma

Obviously a person can file for a fiance before s/he can file for a spouse, if only because you have to wait until after you're married to file a spouse petition. Other than that, from the moment the petition is filed, the waiting period is roughly the same. There are advantages to filing as a spouse, though; for instance, someone who enters as the spouse of a U.S. citizen or Legal Permanent Resident automatically becomes a Legal Permanent Resident, whereas someone who enters as a fiance has a lot of paperwork to submit before s/he can become a Legal Permanent Resident. Basically, it all depends on what's right and convenient for you and your family.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:35am On Jul 06, 2015
Joani:

Goodmorning Dearest VO. How do you do Ma?
Please does this also apply in the case of an applicant whose case was filed by a mother who is a citizen?

Greetings! If the applicant is the unmarried minor child (under 21 years of age) of a U.S. citizen, then once the petition is approved, and when it is documentarily complete, the child will be scheduled for the next available appointment date here in Lagos. If the child is over 21 when the petition is filed, or if the child is married, the wait times are longer. Those are F1s and F3s respectively, and you can monitor the movement of their priority dates / cutoff dates at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:37am On Jul 06, 2015
Joboms:
Hi VO,
Thanks for d good work u've been doing here
Pls send me d link I can use to check my case status.
Thank you

To check the petition, see: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-iv-visastatusinfo.asp

To check the case, see: https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 06, 2015
@VisaOfficer, woot! USWNT did it!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:38am On Jul 06, 2015
AREOLA:
Hello V. O, I'm asking this question on behalf of a family friend, the man is an LPR and he want to file for his wife and 3 kids so he want to know if the spouse form covers the kids also since he's not a citizen yet.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY MA'AM, GOD BLESS UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

Yes, children can be included as derivatives on the spouse's petition if the petitioner is a Legal Permanent Resident. grin
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:39am On Jul 06, 2015
Olaewola:
hello VO u are doing a great, i need to know some questions i wii be asked on interview at the embassy on invitation from my uncle to visit him,

This would be a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening , if we were in the business of telling people what questions to expect during the interview, which we are not. smiley Just tell the truth and, if you qualify for a visa, you'll get a visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:43am On Jul 06, 2015
ferdimako:
@VisaOfficer, woot! USWNT did it!

Four goals in sixteen minutes, baby! Abeg pinch me ooooooooooo. cool

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 06, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Four goals in sixteen minutes, baby! Abeg pinch me ooooooooooo. cool

hahaha and dat long-range audacious effort...Lloyd! yeah baby...

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2015
Joboms:

Tnx alot VO...I really do appreciate
My case number has been sent to the department of state since Jul 31,2014..when do u think I'll be called for interview and I checked my visa status didn't bring out any result...what could be the problem?
Tnx

Already cleared d number in d case number box

What is your visa category and priority date?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:57pm On Jul 06, 2015
Joboms:

Visa category :IR2
Priority date : 27th august 2013

If your case is documentarily complete, it should have been scheduled for an interview by now. Please e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov and ask what's going on. We'll need to know your name and case number. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Right now F3 petitions that were filed on or before March 15, 2004, are eligible to be scheduled for interviews. You can monitor the movement of priority dates / cutoff dates at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html .
My case was at August 2003 and the priority date is already current .
My Question is that how long will I have to wait for interview after submitting the necessary documents .?. They have already received the documents since April ... Since then have been waiting .. How long will I have to wait ??
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:21pm On Jul 06, 2015
Joboms:

Thanks VO..should I state my Nairaland Moniker for reference?

No, someone unaffiliated with Nairaland will be responding to your e-mail. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:22pm On Jul 06, 2015
richie5655:

My case was at August 2003 and the priority date is already current .
My Question is that how long will I have to wait for interview after submitting the necessary documents .?. They have already received the documents since April ... Since then have been waiting .. How long will I have to wait ??

Assuming all documents are in order, you should be in the queue to be scheduled for the next available appointment. I have no way of knowing how many cases are in NVC's queue, though.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 1:36pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:15pm On Jul 06, 2015
Joboms:

Thanks VO
Already sent an email to LagosIV@state.gov
And I got an auto response on different enquiries and answers..
Do I still have to contact NVCinquiry@state.gov?

I sent the email on behalf of myself and my sister
Both filed by our dad.
Thank you.. God bless

I'd wait until someone here replies to your e-mail. If we don't have an answer for you, at that point we'll tell you to direct an inquiry to NVC. Of course, if you want to go ahead and e-mail NVC, that's not a problem!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nad95: 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2015
Good day V.O.
Can a spiritual father, guide and mentor file an immigrant petition for a mentee(the mentee being an immigrant) seeing they have no blood ties. Or the mentee will be visiting him as a friend for holidays and not for ar personal stay.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nad95: 3:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
Good day V.O.
Can a spiritual father, guide and mentor file an immigrant petition for a mentee(the mentee being an immigrant) seeing they have no blood ties. Or the mentee will be visiting him as a friend for holidays and not for personal stay.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2015
Nad95:
Good day V.O.
Can a spiritual father, guide and mentor file an immigrant petition for a mentee(the mentee being an immigrant) seeing they have no blood ties. Or the mentee will be visiting him as a friend for holidays and not for ar personal stay.
Thanks

There is no immigrant visa category for mentors / mentees. The person is free to apply for a non-immigrant (temporary) visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by wal02: 5:02pm On Jul 06, 2015
Thanks VO for the response

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.