Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677890 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mcaylife(m): 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2015
vo pls I would like to ask why... it has been more than two months now that my wife filed for me.. she is a us citizen cr1. though we have confirmed that the petition has been received and approved cos she confirmed that already with the receipt number given to her.. but recently she has been trying to register on the USCIS website so u can be able to monitor the case update online but the website wouldn't let her and also he tried to call them but the call didn't take her to anywhere but in circles. how do we go about this? thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by akinmax: 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2015
Hello VO,
Reading from you saying goodbye to 9ja make me feel unhappy....just want you to continue the good work you are doing.
Well, I have a case here hope you can advice me.My wife is a US citizen she came back to 9ja when she was 10years old.She is 37 now. We got married 4years ago.She has a relative good job here which she doesn't want to leave now, on the other hand, are also planing to migrant / visiting . Now my question is can she file for me him in 9ja by paying the necessary fees through proxy in the US . What category of visa can we apply for in this case bearing in mind she doesn't want to leave me in 9ja for family reason . Can we apply for visiting visa in our case too.

Thank you for your time.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ynkthomas: 10:38pm On Jul 20, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I'm not in the office but I have to reply to this lovely post. That's not me, but I'm honored that you thought it might be (she's awesome!). My initials are JMS. smiley

Ok Ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cutedimpled: 10:11am On Jul 21, 2015
VisaOfficer:

For our purposes, the police certificates are valid for a year after their date of issuance.
Thank you for your response.Just to clarify..will there be any need to get another one?From your answer,it seems i can present that at the interview but will i need another one issued for any other purpose?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by akenni(f): 11:33am On Jul 21, 2015
Dear Visa Officer, just to commend you on your support so far to everyone.

Just a quick one. I recently received my interview date for an F2B category which is scheduled for sometime in August. I had a baby who is currently 4months now. I would like to know what i can do before the date of the interview so that she can come along with me for the interview. Am currently in the process of getting her passport issued and that shouldnt take more than 3 days.

Thanks as i await your speedy respone to this.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tonyphil: 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
Hello VO
finally reunited with my wife and my little boy....thank you so much for being a pillar of support to me throughout this long process..
may God bless you richly...
to everyone else with genuine visa journeys...wishing you speedy case complete and visa issuance...

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Aburoy(m): 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2015
VO, It's quite unfortunate that you are leaving but I am sure your work ethics, experience, dedication and your relationship with applicants before this assignment has gotten you thus far. I have no doubt that I have seen you during the DNA session this month probably supervising the medical personnel and the way you related with people was very good.( You use glasses as you found it difficult picking some small font words).I HOPE IT WAS YOU. Well, the lady I saw that day was very accommodating and I am sure your next assignment will be better than what you have now. I pray thee to bless you and continue to grant you patience. ( Wish all consular officers were patient). All the best in your next assignment and I hope you won't stop visiting Nigeria. God bless.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dtush(f): 6:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
Dear VO,

I got the mail below,

Dear Applicant,

Your August 25th appointment at theUS Consulate have been shifted to a different time on the same day. Please login to your profile on www.ustraveldocs.com/ng to check your new appointment time and print out an updated appointment confirmation letter. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely
Help Desk
the appointment i booked was supposed to be for 3rd of january. it was cancelled without my consent and i wish to travel by 31st of Aug.

I sthere anythg i can do? and is my appointment date supposed to be rescheduled without any consultations . please help
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pamb: 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2015
we will always remember your good work, I wish you career success.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Aburoy(m): 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2015
Wow, just read through the thread. If your initials are DELETED then it was you I saw. it but will keep it to myself xcept u want the house to know. But truth be told, you have done a whole lot enlightening people and making us know the immigration policies of the united states.
A quick one pls, are we to expect longer wait for priority dates to be current as a result of the new immigration law that was passed by president Obama or everything stays normal? Really missing my family but this seems like a whole long wait before my case is current.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Bigolly(m): 10:13pm On Jul 21, 2015
hello visa officer, i want to apply for US
visiting visa with a virgin passport, what is my chance of being issued d visa and like how much can i have in my statement to have a chance
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by eddyraph: 11:09pm On Jul 21, 2015
plz my people I need help from u guys..... I will be going for my interview at the US embassy soon . my friend is inviting for a visit. plz I need some question that is mostly ask because am a first timmer .... waiting for ur urgent reply. Thank so much
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:39am On Jul 22, 2015
Dear VO ,
Please i was interviewed on the 18th of June and my visa was approved. But my passport was returned to me cos I needed it for my daughter's CRBA interview , anyways I eventualy dropped my passport at DHL oshodi drop off point on the 1st of July, since then I have not heard anything from them and it is showing no status update.
Please can you kindly check it up for me as it has not been easy moving my tender baby all over cos the person that attended to me at oshodi specifically said I should go to muri okunola at Victoria island to check for it after two weeks if I didn't receive mail. But Victoria island is a bit far from me and I wouldn't want a wasted journey should it not be ready and as my baby is still tender and no sitter.
Please I will be most greatful if you can check the status for me, really needed it to collect my daughter's passport which has been approved and is ready for collection.
My passport number is A06190647 and my case number is LGS2015513039
Thanks in advance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by winnie123: 9:16am On Jul 22, 2015
Please can someone explain priority date for me? My case was just approved by USCIS and has been sent to NVC. I applied since January this year, when could be my priority date?

Aburoy:
Wow, just read through the thread. If your initials are DELETED then it was you I saw. it but will keep it to myself xcept u want the house to know. But truth be told, you have done a whole lot enlightening people and making us know the immigration policies of the united states.
A quick one pls, are we to expect longer wait for priority dates to be current as a result of the new immigration law that was passed by president Obama or everything stays normal? Really missing my family but this seems like a whole long wait before my case is current.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by blinkdr: 11:17am On Jul 22, 2015
Well thanx for the last response now it's over 60days I was asked to wait What now I don't know why the embassy didn't keep its word I had to give up my job now I am just waiting without any end in sight it's really not fair no income and the dollar is on the rise it's not fair
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
ihes:
Hi VO,
Please someone I know is trying to misuse her visa.Infact,she is family.She has a visiting visa and has gone to U.S twice to have her kids.Initially,she thought having her kids in U.S will give her residency.But since that has failed in the meantime, she and her husband has agreed to get a fake divorce decree,they have also made an arrangement to with a Ghanian man (now a U.S citizen) to marry the wife in other for the wife to adjust status.They agreed to pay the man $10,000 for the sham marriage.I tried discouraging them,they wouldn't listen.Please how can we stop this fraud?

If you e-mail us the details at LagosIV@state.gov, we'll look into it. If we can't confirm the fraud, of course, these allegations will not be held against anyone. (Tips like this open a line of questioning, but we will issue a visa if fraud is not confirmed.)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2015
PMBL:
Hello VO
Am a little confuse and maybe you can clarify something for me. My husband was found inadmissible based on misrep and we always knew we would had to file a 601 waiver. He was given the ok to file the waiver at the interview. We filed the waiver and it was received on June 8, 2015 along with and argument from our attorney that there was never any misrep involved. On July 2, 2015 I receive a letter from the embassy for husband to turn in his passport via dhl which he did, then on Friday 7/17/2015 when I checked the CEAC website it states my husband visa has been printed and issued. Is this possible our waiver haven't been with USCIS that long and there is still no status on USCIS stating our waiver was approve. Is it possible that our attorney argument was correct? Could the embassy grant a visa before a waiver approval or do the embassy need to get some type of approval from USCIS before printing a visa for someone that was found inadmissible? I need to know have you ever experience this before, because even my attorney doesn't know why as of yet?

Without knowing your case number I have no way of knowing what the situation is. I should be back in the office on Friday; I could check then...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by MrNesta: 6:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hello amiable VO,

I am trying to schedule an interview for Friday, the passport office fixed my passport. They laminated it. I sent a mail to Lagosiv@state.gov yesterday and I have only gotten an auto response so far.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
onemorestep:
Good morning
My fiance was interviewed on Thursday. At end of the interview, he was given a salmon colored paper for us to return this Friday. He stated that the VO is requesting to see me.
1)Besides my passport, is there any information I should bring? My fiance stated that VO collected his photo picture and info pertaining to i134.

2) Is there any particular time to show up? Change date for appointment? The suspense of knowing if visa will be approve is too must to bear.. lol. My fiance asked me to write on nairaland soon as I arrived off the plane last thursday. But I have been busy trying to adjust to time zone difference. 2 am wake ups and overcoming desires to sleep at 5pm have created some funny but awkard moments.. lol
Anyway, we are currently in ibadan but will be returning to Lagos by Wednesday.

Case # lgs2015612019

Any insight you can provide is appreciated!

If you have photos, letters, etc. that document your relationship, please bring them. But it sounds like the officer mainly wants to talk to you. It's a good idea to come early -- no later than 8:00.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2015
queenkaf:
Hello Vo..

Hope you had a restful weekend ..

Please do i need to pay the 165 USCIS immigration fee because i read on one F4 customer guide from USCIS that K1 benefitiaries are exempted from paying the fee.

You're right: K visa holders are exempt from that fee (at least until they adjust status). You'll have to pay it later -- after you are married!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
standd:
Hello Visa Officer, thanks for your good work on here.

Please, I need to know what the Affidavit of support form is and where it can be gotten. Afterwards, will it be filled and submitted online or taken to the embassy?

Secondly, who should pay the Visa Fees, Petitioner or Applicant? And how can this be paid?

Finally, we were asked to provide Tax Returns (Past 6yrs) of the Petitioner, will this be mailed or taken down by hand?

Thanks.

It sounds like you're still at the USCIS/NVC stage? (Otherwise the fees should already have been paid?). If the applicant is NOT a K visa applicant, it's the I-864, which you can find by Google; K applicants use the I-134. If not a K visa, either of you (but usually the petitioner) will pay NVC; K applicants pay in Nigeria when it's time to schedule an appointment.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2015
bennethuche:
Hi vo
I have seen how helpful you've been to people in this forum.
please I want to know how long it will take for my interview to be scheduled and my chances of getting visa.
my wife filed for me some time in the month of November 2014 and we are married for over three years now and she was seven months pregnant of my daughter when she traveled with visa lottery which she filed as single, I have not seen my daughter since she was born and she will be three by next month.
we have not visited each other since then, I hope it will not affect our chances.
thanks

Is your wife a Legal Permanent Resident or a U.S. Citizen?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
mcaylife:
vo pls I would like to ask why... it has been more than two months now that my wife filed for me.. she is a us citizen cr1. though we have confirmed that the petition has been received and approved cos she confirmed that already with the receipt number given to her.. but recently she has been trying to register on the USCIS website so u can be able to monitor the case update online but the website wouldn't let her and also he tried to call them but the call didn't take her to anywhere but in circles. how do we go about this? thanks

Unfortunately, I don't know. That's a question for USCIS.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
Visaofficer, what are the visa requirements for a registered Nurse trying to emigrate to US?
I am desperately in need of answers.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2015
akinmax:
Hello VO,
Reading from you saying goodbye to 9ja make me feel unhappy....just want you to continue the good work you are doing.
Well, I have a case here hope you can advice me.My wife is a US citizen she came back to 9ja when she was 10years old.She is 37 now. We got married 4years ago.She has a relative good job here which she doesn't want to leave now, on the other hand, are also planing to migrant / visiting . Now my question is can she file for me him in 9ja by paying the necessary fees through proxy in the US . What category of visa can we apply for in this case bearing in mind she doesn't want to leave me in 9ja for family reason . Can we apply for visiting visa in our case too.

Thank you for your time.

No, your wife cannot file an immigrant petition for you, because she does not reside in the U.S. But if you apply for a non-immigrant visa and explain that your wife resides permanently in Nigeria, the fact that she is an American will not affect your application adversely.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:54pm On Jul 22, 2015
cutedimpled:

Thank you for your response.Just to clarify..will there be any need to get another one?From your answer,it seems i can present that at the interview but will i need another one issued for any other purpose?

If more than a year passes since the certificate was issued, you will need a new one before a visa could be issued.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2015
akenni:

Dear Visa Officer, just to commend you on your support so far to everyone.

Just a quick one. I recently received my interview date for an F2B category which is scheduled for sometime in August. I had a baby who is currently 4months now. I would like to know what i can do before the date of the interview so that she can come along with me for the interview. Am currently in the process of getting her passport issued and that shouldnt take more than 3 days.

Thanks as i await your speedy respone to this.

The baby can be included as a derivative if you e-mail us her name, date of birth, and gender. LagosIV@state.gov

Sorry to be terse but I'm answering these from my cell phone!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
tonyphil:
Hello VO
finally reunited with my wife and my little boy....thank you so much for being a pillar of support to me throughout this long process..
may God bless you richly...
to everyone else with genuine visa journeys...wishing you speedy case complete and visa issuance...

So glad to hear this! Enjoy!!!

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It sounds like you're still at the USCIS/NVC stage? (Otherwise the fees should already have been paid?). If the applicant is NOT a K visa applicant, it's the I-864, which you can find by Google; K applicants use the I-134. If not a K visa, either of you (but usually the petitioner) will pay NVC; K applicants pay in Nigeria when it's time to schedule an appointment.

Thank you VO smiley We actually filed for Immigrant Visa and the Petitioner just called to say he got the I-864 form online already. I guess he will have to send them down to Nigeria along with the Tax return forms.
We were asked to present the documents after submitting the NPC cert, Med report and Police report.
Please, what's the prodecure for paying the Visa fees (by either the Petitioner or Applicant) if it has not been paid already.
But from your reply, I guess it's been paid by the Petitioner cos we are already in the final stage, so I will still ask him.

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Joboms(m): 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hi VO,
Pls I need NVC's phone number and the best time to reach them..
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2015
Aburoy:
VO, It's quite unfortunate that you are leaving but I am sure your work ethics, experience, dedication and your relationship with applicants before this assignment has gotten you thus far. I have no doubt that I have seen you during the DNA session this month probably supervising the medical personnel and the way you related with people was very good.( You use glasses as you found it difficult picking some small font words).I HOPE IT WAS YOU. Well, the lady I saw that day was very accommodating and I am sure your next assignment will be better than what you have now. I pray thee to bless you and continue to grant you patience. ( Wish all consular officers were patient). All the best in your next assignment and I hope you won't stop visiting Nigeria. God bless.

I remember you, too! And the document I couldn't see. At my age my eyes are fine but my arms are too short to hold everything far enough away...

Thank you for the kind words! All the best...
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 22, 2015
VisaOfficer:

I remember you, too! And the document I couldn't see. At my age my eyes are fine but my arms are too short to hold everything far enough away...

Thank you for the kind words! All the best...

Pls Ma'am, are you leaving us? I don't understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (223)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.