Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (679602 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by johntolu: 7:07am On Nov 08, 2014
Good morning ma. I am a 2014 DV lottery winner with 5 beneficiaries (my wife and 4 kids). My wife and I have been in the United States since July leaving our 4 kids behind in Nigeria because of financial constraints. My kids visa will expire in December 15th and I want to enquire about the possibility of extending their visa @ the Lagos embassy. Thanking you for your assistance on this thread.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by nalacandi(f): 8:20pm On Nov 08, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Actually I have to admit that based on what you've written, I don't see any real misrepresentation in what your husband said. Apparently he did have a stepchild and the stepchild is now deceased. I may be missing something, of course. It sounds like the officer is investigating the case; if he or she finds that you do indeed have a bona fide relationship, your husband's chances of obtaining a visa are very good.

Dear CO,

Thank you very much for the encouraging news. Another question, how can my husband prove our relationship is a bona fide relationship. I sent my husband a 3-in binder with all the evidence we should need. The following is what I sent to him (FYI I was a bit overzealous in attempt to ensure that he had enough evidence):

1. Phone records of my phone calls to him every day, several times a day, since April 19, 2012
2. Phone records of calls from my husband to me
3. A selection of emails from 2012, 2013, & 2014 (a few of the emails were of intimate nature for a reason, obviously)
4. Oovoo video cam pictures & logs between he and I, as well as, between his sister, mother, him, and myself
5. Pictures of mommie & daddy with my husband and I, as well as, pictures of my husbands friends with us
6. Pictures of my husband and I out in the community doing shopping and sightseeing
7. Copies of my passport, driver's license, and social security card with my name change within just a short time of our marriage
8. Copies showing how I added my husband to my life insurance policy as beneficiary, auto insurance policy

My husband and I have had many communication regarding having children, joint financing, family values, religion, etc, but my husband stated the CO Officer he received just laughed at him when he told him this. Is this common practice? Can he request a different CO Officer when he returns, if this one appears to have a disliking to my husband. I am not sure what my husband has done, but I worry about when he arrives back for another interview.

My husband and I are committed to each other and he has really changed my life and vice versa. We truly want to be together and we are in this for the long haul, but I will admit that after 2 years of being apart its emotionally difficult. We won't give up, we are truly in love and my husband is a good man.

Thanks always for your time.

Nalacandi
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by ayinba1(f): 5:27am On Nov 09, 2014
Good morning VO, Could you please advise me on how to obtain a returning resident visa? LPR stayed outside the US for 13 months so far and intends to return to the US. No reentry visa obtained prior to travel because intent was to stay in Nigeria for 4 months.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by fasiel: 3:59pm On Nov 09, 2014
my name is michael my birth mother give me for adoption for her sister before 10 years ago when I was 11.at that time her sister is going to America & she can't take me with b/c in u.s law the adopted child live with adopting parents atleast 2 years & I live with them 1 year & 4 month. after 3 years my birth mother got dv lotter & she is going with my sister.after 5 years she filed for me & I enter the consulate & consulate said she is biological mother not ur real mother.if she want to bring u,she have to revoke the adoption by ethiopian court.& the adoption is revoked by court.& my mother filed for me now & schedule me for interview.now I am worried.what I have to do
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by meks899: 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hi. My mum applied for my US green card as a permanent resident in 2008 and it was approved. My priority date is Sept 2008. She has applied for citizenship a month ago. If granted, my F2B will be converted to F1 which means I need to wait for about a year more for my priority date to become current. I understand from people that the conversion to F1 can be revoked if requested.
Right now, I'm in Canada as a student and so, I will like to have my interview here. Please how should I go about that?
Again, please, what steps should I take to revoke the conversion to F1 if it eventually take place?
Should it be before or after the conversion?
Where should the revocation letter be mailed to? Should the letter be written by the petitioner or me?
Since my mum has retired, can my brother or sister who is a US citizen act as a co-sponsor?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by boofydon: 6:13am On Nov 10, 2014
Good day V.O, I need you to kindly relate to me the address of the clinic I will go to do my medical examination in preparation for my interview next month - I can't find it in my interview letter.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:23am On Nov 10, 2014
ggeorge:
Hello VO Ma, I went for my IV interview today 7th of NOV and was interviewed by the IO, i got all the questions to her satisfactions....she asked for records of communication through out duration of courtship and i gave her the one i got from 2011 till date,also gave her some recent pictures aside our wedding ones after she offered me this Letter. Here is a copy of the letter which stated thus:

Dear Visa Applicant:
You may return at such time that you have all requested materials.When you are ready, you should email LagosIVscheduling@state.gov.You will then be notified of your appointment date via email.

The subject line must follow this format: 221(g) appointment for applicant"s name and case number.The case number is listed on this letter.

The Bidy of the email should include any dates that you Prefer,Appointments are held on Monday through Thursday(except Nigerian and US public Holiday) at 1:00pm

Pls return with:

1)Records of communication throughout duration of relationship
2)Recent pictures of you and the petitioner that are not wedding pictures

Availability is limited and wait times var. You will be notified of your appointment date via email

sincerely

American Consular Officer

My questions are:

1)If i can be able to get the records of communication and recent pictures, Would i be the one to tell the consular when i am free for an interview?
2)Can i get the Interview reschedule next week once all documents are intact

Thanks Ma

You can suggest dates on which you're available, but we may not have appointments available on those dates. It may be difficult to get an appointment this week if you haven't e-mailed us yet. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:24am On Nov 10, 2014
xesto:
Hello Ma, Please i want to confirm i was married to a USA citizen thou she applied for me 2011 i was called for my interview thou i was denied cos i was asked for a call record from my network provider which i wasn't aware of it,She was email to appeal for my case which she did with a lawyer i was given a new case number but am still worried till date i haven't been called for my interview and all the fee has been paid so am asking now how will i get my case number that begins with the LGS?

Good morning,

The National Visa Center (NVC) will let you know what your case number is. (I'm kind of surprised that they haven't already. You might want to ask them.)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:25am On Nov 10, 2014
stevewale:

Dear VO, once again, welldone for this selfless service rendering on this forum. In respect to the above bolded area, can you please confirm that it is true you don't accept call logs details from the petitioner? This is because I am planning to bring along my fiancé's call log (Boss Revolution) which I actually printed them out online from here during my own K1 interview hopefully soonest ... It's pretty cheap for us buying card there and she making the calls while its kinda difficult getting call logs from most naija network provider here...

Many thanks ma

We accept call logs from both the petitioner and the beneficiary. However, the officer may not be interested in them at all. It depends how the rest of your interview goes.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:27am On Nov 10, 2014
kaneazie:
Dear CO

Thank you for all the advice you have been giving to my fellow Nairalanders, i have been following this thread for a long while ever since we started our immigrant visa process last year and it has been very useful to me i recently got a mail from the NVC informing me of my interview that has been scheduled for 30th of Dec 2014 and am very excited about it and i pray everything goes well for me during my interview so me and my hubby can be united. Please ma my question is am i going to get any other mail or document that i will be needing to attend the interview from the lagos consulate if yes by '' email or mail '' secondly how soon can i schedule my medicals as i currently live in Abuja and its only done in Lagos can i schedule it like 1 weeks to my interview date will that be too close cos i am think about using 1 stone to kill 2 birds i.e come to Lagos around 20-22 of December do the medicals and stay till 30th for my interview so i don't shuttle Abuja/Lagos twice as the roads will be very busy because of the festive season.

Thank you.

Glad to hear you have your interview date! The nest thing to do would be to contact the panel physicians directly, let them know you have a Dec. 30 interview, and ask them for an appointment that will let you bring your paperwork to the interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:27am On Nov 10, 2014
veecee29:
Hi Vo,
Does US Consulate in Abuja issue immigrant visa?Can i choose Abuja consulate as my preferred office for interview?
Thanks in anticipation of your response.

No, all immigrant visa work is done in Lagos.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:34am On Nov 10, 2014
HeroNguyen:
Good Evening,

Ive been reading a lot of different forums regarding the K1 process and there's actually a lot of info out there. My question is, How does the CO view the k1 interview if the petitioner is present with the beneficiary?

Does it help their case? Does it matter?

I have read a lot regarding k1 cases. Some have stated that the CO's decision has already been made prior to the interview with the beneficiary.

Here in Lagos we don't allow petitioners to come inside with the beneficiaries. We just don't have the room when it's busy. It's helpful to us to know that the petitioner is here, however, as it does show that the petitioner was interested enough to make the effort to spend time with the beneficiary. Also, sometimes we do want to schedule a talk with the petitioner, and if the petitioner's here, it's easier for everyone. But that doesn't happen often .

We absolutely do not make up our minds before talking to the beneficiary. I've had cases that looked great on paper that fell apart at the window -- and cases that looked terrible on paper, but the beneficiaries made so much sense in the interviews that issuing wasn't a problem at all. We just never know until we're actually talking to the person at the window.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:36am On Nov 10, 2014
johntolu:
Good morning ma. I am a 2014 DV lottery winner with 5 beneficiaries (my wife and 4 kids). My wife and I have been in the United States since July leaving our 4 kids behind in Nigeria because of financial constraints. My kids visa will expire in December 15th and I want to enquire about the possibility of extending their visa @ the Lagos embassy. Thanking you for your assistance on this thread.

It is impossible to extend their visas. No Diversity Visas for the 2014 season can be issued or reissued after September 30, 2014. If the children don't travel by Dec. 15, you'll have to file immigrant visa petitions on their behalf.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:45am On Nov 10, 2014
nalacandi:

Dear CO,

Thank you very much for the encouraging news. Another question, how can my husband prove our relationship is a bona fide relationship. I sent my husband a 3-in binder with all the evidence we should need. The following is what I sent to him (FYI I was a bit overzealous in attempt to ensure that he had enough evidence):

1. Phone records of my phone calls to him every day, several times a day, since April 19, 2012
2. Phone records of calls from my husband to me
3. A selection of emails from 2012, 2013, & 2014 (a few of the emails were of intimate nature for a reason, obviously)
4. Oovoo video cam pictures & logs between he and I, as well as, between his sister, mother, him, and myself
5. Pictures of mommie & daddy with my husband and I, as well as, pictures of my husbands friends with us
6. Pictures of my husband and I out in the community doing shopping and sightseeing
7. Copies of my passport, driver's license, and social security card with my name change within just a short time of our marriage
8. Copies showing how I added my husband to my life insurance policy as beneficiary, auto insurance policy

My husband and I have had many communication regarding having children, joint financing, family values, religion, etc, but my husband stated the CO Officer he received just laughed at him when he told him this. Is this common practice? Can he request a different CO Officer when he returns, if this one appears to have a disliking to my husband. I am not sure what my husband has done, but I worry about when he arrives back for another interview.

My husband and I are committed to each other and he has really changed my life and vice versa. We truly want to be together and we are in this for the long haul, but I will admit that after 2 years of being apart its emotionally difficult. We won't give up, we are truly in love and my husband is a good man.

Thanks always for your time.

Nalacandi

Every relationship is unique, so I can't tell you what your husband should bring to the interview. Also, if I did have a mental checklist of what I expected to see (which I don't), I would never make it public, because then everyone would bring exactly what I wanted to see whether their relationship were real or not. smiley The most important thing will be what your husband says in the interview.

We don't have a policy in place that allows beneficiaries to choose the officer who interviews them. I can tell you that no officer makes visa decisions based on personal likes and dislikes; if a beneficiary qualifies for the visa, he or she gets the visa. (We're not supposed to have personal feelings about that at all, but I admit to feeling happy all day when nice people get visas.) smiley

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:49am On Nov 10, 2014
ayinba1:
Good morning VO, Could you please advise me on how to obtain a returning resident visa? LPR stayed outside the US for 13 months so far and intends to return to the US. No reentry visa obtained prior to travel because intent was to stay in Nigeria for 4 months.
Thank you

First, send an e-mail to LagosIV@state.gov and request an appointment. Here's what we tell people:

Returning resident visa applicants are required to pay a non-refundable filing fee of US$180 and to submit a duly completed DS-117 form. The filing fee is NOT the visa application fee; this fee is for the determination of returning resident status. In the initial interview, please submit:

• Completed DS-117
• $180 application fee
• Proof of lawful permanent residence (i.e., form I-551 or “green card,” etc.)
• Nigerian passport
• Proof of travel outside of the U.S. (i.e., airline tickets, boarding passes, passport stamps, etc.)
• Proof of ties to the U.S. (i.e., tax returns, pictures, school records, utility bills, etc.)
• Proof that prolonged stay in Nigeria was for reasons beyond the applicant’s control (i.e., medical incapacitation, death of family member, etc.)

Payment of the filing fee does not guarantee that returning resident status will be approved. The decision of status can only be made after a review of the returning resident application and supporting documents, and an interview by a consular officer.

If approved for returning resident status, the applicant will be instructed to complete the online DS-260 form and to make an appointment for a second interview. The applicant must still meet all other documentary and legal requirements to qualify for a new immigrant visa, including payment of the immigrant visa processing fee of US$205. At the second interview, please submit:

• $205 application fee
• Proof of lawful permanent residence (i.e., form I-551 or “green card,” etc.)
• Nigerian passport
• Two passport-size photos with a white background
• Birth certificate (original and photocopy)
• Marriage certificate, if married (original and photocopy)
• Medical report (from an accredited panel physician in Lagos)
• Police report
• I-134 Affidavit of Support from a sponsor in the United States

If returning resident status is not approved, a new immigrant visa petition may be able to be filed on behalf of the applicant.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:52am On Nov 10, 2014
fasiel:
my name is michael my birth mother give me for adoption for her sister before 10 years ago when I was 11.at that time her sister is going to America & she can't take me with b/c in u.s law the adopted child live with adopting parents atleast 2 years & I live with them 1 year & 4 month. after 3 years my birth mother got dv lotter & she is going with my sister.after 5 years she filed for me & I enter the consulate & consulate said she is biological mother not ur real mother.if she want to bring u,she have to revoke the adoption by ethiopian court.& the adoption is revoked by court.& my mother filed for me now & schedule me for interview.now I am worried.what I have to do

It sounds like you're writing from Ethiopia? I'm not familiar with Ethiopia's adoption laws. What's true everywhere is that you can't seek immigration benefits both as the adopted child of one family and also as the biological child of a second family. If revoking your adoption is something you're allowed to do in Ethiopia, I guess you should just be careful to follow the Consulate's instructions very closely. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:59am On Nov 10, 2014
meks899:
Hi. My mum applied for my US green card as a permanent resident in 2008 and it was approved. My priority date is Sept 2008. She has applied for citizenship a month ago. If granted, my F2B will be converted to F1 which means I need to wait for about a year more for my priority date to become current. I understand from people that the conversion to F1 can be revoked if requested.
Right now, I'm in Canada as a student and so, I will like to have my interview here. Please how should I go about that?
Again, please, what steps should I take to revoke the conversion to F1 if it eventually take place?
Should it be before or after the conversion?
Where should the revocation letter be mailed to? Should the letter be written by the petitioner or me?
Since my mum has retired, can my brother or sister who is a US citizen act as a co-sponsor?
Thanks

Your mother should contact USCIS directly as soon as she naturalizes and let them know that you'll be opting out of the conversion. She can also ask them to transfer the case to Canada.

Your brother and sister can definitely act as co-sponsor. If they live with your mother, your mother will file the I-864 and your sibling will file the I-864a; if they live separately, they'll each file their own I-864. I know, it's very bureaucratic.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:02am On Nov 10, 2014
boofydon:
Good day V.O, I need you to kindly relate to me the address of the clinic I will go to do my medical examination in preparation for my interview next month - I can't find it in my interview letter.

We currently have two panel physicians:

Dr. Alexandra Anga
The Consultants Practice
The Children’s Practice
25 Raymond Njoku
Ikoyi
Lagos
Telephone: 01-461-1941
Cell: 0706-585-9845, 0809-354-0899

Dr. Funmi Alakija
Q-Life Family Clinic
Plot 155A Prince Ade Odedina Street
Off Ajose Adegun,
Victoria Island Annexe
Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone: 01-804-2000, 01-726-2840
Cell: 0702-770-4055
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VCTROKOYE: 8:11am On Nov 10, 2014
VisaOffer
Your mother should contact USCIS directly as soon as she naturalizes and let them know that you'll be opting out of the conversion. She can also ask them to transfer the case to Canada.

Your brother and sister can definitely act as co-sponsor. If they live with your mother, your mother will file the I-864 and your sibling will file the I-864a; if they live separately, they'll each file their own I-864. I know, it's very bureaucratic.

Thanks for your quick response. But once more, where must my mum be at the time of my interview because she wants to visit Nigeria once she is granted citizenship. She asked if she must come to Canada. If she travels to Nigeria, whats the maximum number of months she is supposed to stay outside US for my case to be still strong? Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by boofydon: 8:12am On Nov 10, 2014
Wow! Really appreciate your prompt response! Please, permit me to ask one more question. Hopefully, when my P4 visa is granted, is it possible to obtain a permanent resident visa later and then, apply for citizenship? How many years of staying in the U.S will qualify me for it?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by eoc4ever: 9:34am On Nov 10, 2014
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:19am On Nov 10, 2014
boofydon:
Wow! Really appreciate your prompt response! Please, permit me to ask one more question. Hopefully, when my P4 visa is granted, is it possible to obtain a permanent resident visa later and then, apply for citizenship? How many years of staying in the U.S will qualify me for it?

A P4 is a non-immigrant visa for the derivative of a P1, P2, or P3 visa holder. If you intend to use the P4 visa to immigrate, you should not receive a P4 at all because you are an intending immigrant.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:25am On Nov 10, 2014
eoc4ever:
Hello ma

The contact sheet have been scanned on Friday to LagosIV@state.gov. Is the contact sheet added to my case file? Had my interview November 6, case number LGS2014XXX058.

Please ma what is the next stage, how long do we have to wait for the officer to complete her review? What is the main purpose of issuing the contact sheet? Are the contacts on the sheet ever called or visited?

I know of someone that have been in AP for 70days now and yet no news from the Consulate. Why is it taking so long to conclude the AP.

Can the embassy grant expedite to those on AP if the petitioner has a serious medical emergency.

We are still processing all the e-mails received over the weekend, so it may take a while for your contact sheet to be associated with your file. Every case is different, but yes, it is likely that the people listed on the contact sheet may be contacted.

There are many types of administrative processing; some are resolved in a matter of days, some take much longer. It depends on many factors. The more accurate and complete the information you provided in the contact sheet is, the more quickly we can use that information.

It is very difficult to expedite administrative processing, but if there is a genuine medical emergency, we'll do our best.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:27am On Nov 10, 2014
VCTROKOYE:

Thanks for your quick response. But once more, where must my mum be at the time of my interview because she wants to visit Nigeria once she is granted citizenship. She asked if she must come to Canada. If she travels to Nigeria, whats the maximum number of months she is supposed to stay outside US for my case to be still strong? Thanks

If your mother is petitioning for you, she should be residing in the United States. If she lives most of the year in Nigeria and just a week or so every year in the U.S., there's no reason to grant you an immigrant visa, because the whole purpose of the immigrant visa is to reunite families.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VCTROKOYE: 10:41am On Nov 10, 2014
VisaOfficer,
If your mother is petitioning for you, she should be residing in the United States. If she lives most of the year in Nigeria and just a week or so every year in the U.S., there's no reason to grant you an immigrant visa, because the whole purpose of the immigrant visa is to reunite families.

She has lived in the US for the past two years without visiting Nigeria. So she wants to visit Nigeria for about 4-6 months. We just want to be careful so as to avoid any obstacle that could prevent me from having the immigrant visa. From our calculation, my priority date under F2B could become current in May. If she travels in January and returns in April, will I be alright, please? I'm sorry for asking too much question. I just want to make sure that her few months outside US do not ruin my chance. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:53am On Nov 10, 2014
VCTROKOYE:

She has lived in the US for the past two years without visiting Nigeria. So she wants to visit Nigeria for about 4-6 months. We just want to be careful so as to avoid any obstacle that could prevent me from having the immigrant visa. From our calculation, my priority date under F2B could become current in May. If she travels in January and returns in April, will I be alright, please? I'm sorry for asking too much question. I just want to make sure that her few months outside US do not ruin my chance. Thanks.

Never too many questions -- and it sounds like you'll be fine. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hello Visa Officer,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'm hoping you would have an answer for me. I'm applying for a B1/B2 visa category to go spend Christmas with my boyfriend. I'm a little unclear about how to answer the why are you going to the US question the VO would ask me.

Should I specify to see my boyfriend or just go with generic friend? His letter of invitation suggests we are more than friends and I wouldn't want it to appear I'm contradicting myself.

I would appreciate an answer to this seemingly simple question.

Regards
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
msanon:
Hello Visa Officer,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'm hoping you would have an answer for me. I'm applying for a B1/B2 visa category to go spend Christmas with my boyfriend. I'm a little unclear about how to answer the why are you going to the US question the VO would ask me.

Should I specify to see my boyfriend or just go with generic friend? His letter of invitation suggests we are more than friends and I wouldn't want it to appear I'm contradicting myself.

I would appreciate an answer to this seemingly simple question.

Regards

This is a question for my non-immigrant colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening ... but the answer will be, just tell the truth. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 10, 2014
VisaOfficer:

This is a question for my non-immigrant colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening ... but the answer will be, just tell the truth. smiley

Thanks Visa Officer, I have just asked the question in the appropriate thread however it's a bit slower than this and not quite as active.. However I would take your reply under advisement. Thanks and enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kaneazie(f): 3:03pm On Nov 10, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Glad to hear you have your interview date! The nest thing to do would be to contact the panel physicians directly, let them know you have a Dec. 30 interview, and ask them for an appointment that will let you bring your paperwork to the interview.

Thank you ma, but i will also like to know if its ok to schedule the medical a week to my interview date, and also my police clearance i sent to NVC says its valid for 3 months and that will be at the end of this November but the NVC letter is stating that the clearance is valid for a whole year so am a bit confused here do i need to go get another police clearance when coming for my interview and also am i going to receive anything from the consulate in Lagos that i will be needing for my interview.

thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dazetrin: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dear VO,
I have really had my doubts about using this forum but my son won't let me rest. He said he has chatted here with you and believe you are a real VO. Don't blame my doubts. It's just that a lot happen online/internet these days.
I'm a US citizen, and filed for immigrant visa for my son (my only son and only child) he went for the interview and the consulate was "unable to issue a visa at this time due to insufficient documentation". Interview was on 10/27/14, case number LGS...042. DNA evidence was requested from us, I was in Lagos same time but no where to do same. I have since done the DNA test here in US and I believe it's at the embassy as I write. I understand mails have to be sorted but My questions are:

1. How long will it take before he is called back as time is fast closing up on him receiving benefits under the child citizenship act as he turns 18 December.
2. I was hoping We will celebrate thanksgiving, his birthday and Christmas together.
3. He obtained his police report late August, I hope he won't be asked for another.

I'm sorry if I am asking multiple questions, it's just that I am worried. Thanks a lot for your time!
Dazetrin
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lee818(f): 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hi VO, is the embassy still scheduling for Dec interviews. Also can an expedite get an early December interview. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.