Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819780 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hello Saint316,

A consular officer reviews each application individually at the interview. Adult applicants should be prepared to meet with a consular officer on their own, be able to state the purpose of the trip, and specify their family and employment ties which would compel them to depart the United States after a brief stay.

Regards,
Abuja NIV

Saint316:
@Abujaniv,

I want to say Thank you on your previous response. It help my aunt in a great deal.

Now, my boss applied last year for his nannies (ie 2) to accompany his family (wife and 3 babies) to the States as his Domestic staff but they were turned down due to their inability to express themselves properly. His PA who accompanied them for the interview was not allowed in with them.

Now, he wants to re-apply for them because their trip is always stressful and they need some help.

Kindly advise how best to handle this.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hello Akorkor,

For assistance with your application and other technical matters, please contact the CGI call center at 01-440-6218.

Regards,
Abuja NIV

Akorkor:
thank you for always respond to my queries. Please like i stated before, myself and Dear Husband want to apply to Lagos embassy but on the DS form should we apply differently or we should use Create other family menu. We have been having trouble with this form as we have filled different forms and cancelled because we will like to have the same appointment together. Is it still possible? Can we fill the same form by linking them or we should fill different form and get same appointment with same time.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oniwoski: 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
Thanks for the reply..I appreciate
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by antoluk: 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hi VO,

I am a current student in the U.S. I plan to renew my Visa in the coming December month in Nigeria. sometime in 2013 when Nigeria was still eligible, I applied for the Diversity Visa lottery, although I did not win. Do you think that will affect the outcome of my F-1 visa interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nairadeen: 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hello VO,

I think VOs are not been fair with the way they treat visa applicant whom they see as he or she will not return back to Nigeria. Take my case for an example, am younger than my age, most people don't believe my age when I tell them. So, because am young and I have never travel out of the country the VO that interview me today concluded that I might not return to my beloved country, Nigeria even though I have a good job and work with group of highly professional young guys.

Please I am using this medium to appeal to you, the VO to please be lenient with the way you come to conclusion about visa applicant intent.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by amanonymous(m): 11:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
Good day Abujaniv.Please I have two disturbing issues about my ds-160.when filling my employer details,i mistakenly added a double "Ss" in between the spelling of my company's name instead of one "s" but I spelt it correctly when I was told to briefly explain my job. Please I hope am not gonna have any problem because of that? All other information was filled in correctly. Secondly I used 3rd of October as my intended date of arrival but wen I booked the appointment to my astonishment it's was 25th of October that was available. Please i want to know if am not having a problem due to the fact that the intended arrival date and the date of appointment are not correlating Anticipating for your reply . Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by amanonymous(m): 11:28am On Sep 28, 2016
Good day Abujaniv. Please I made a mistake in my intended date of arrival. I mistakenly picked an earlier date prior to my appointment date . Can I go for the interview and explain to the consular officer or should I fill a new ds-160 form? Anticipating for your reply thank you 

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
amanonymous:
Good day Abujaniv.Please I have two disturbing issues about my ds-160.when filling my employer details,i mistakenly added a double "Ss" in between the spelling of my company's name instead of one "s" but I spelt it correctly when I was told to briefly explain my job. Please I hope am not gonna have any problem because of that? All other information was filled in correctly. Secondly I used 3rd of October as my intended date of arrival but wen I booked the appointment to my astonishment it's was 25th of October that was available. Please i want to know if am not having a problem due to the fact that the intended arrival date and the date of appointment are not correlating Anticipating for your reply . Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:11pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hello amanonymous,

For technical assistance with your application, please contact the CGI call center at 01-440-6218. You can also inform the consular officer at your interview if you have a mistake on your application.

Regards,
Abuja NIV

amanonymous:
Good day Abujaniv. Please I made a mistake in my intended date of arrival. I mistakenly picked an earlier date prior to my appointment date . Can I go for the interview and explain to the consular officer or should I fill a new ds-160 form? Anticipating for your reply thank you 

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:21pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hello Nairadeen,

Consular officers weigh multiple factors when determining if an applicant qualifies for a non-immigrant visa. Prior travel is only one of many factors considered when making the decision. Age itself is not a factor, as applicants of all ages receive non-immigrant visas.

Regards,
Abuja NIV

nairadeen:
Hello VO,

I think VOs are not been fair with the way they treat visa applicant whom they see as he or she will not return back to Nigeria. Take my case for an example, am younger than my age, most people don't believe my age when I tell them. So, because am young and I have never travel out of the country the VO that interview me today concluded that I might not return to my beloved country, Nigeria even though I have a good job and work with group of highly professional young guys.

Please I am using this medium to appeal to you, the VO to please be lenient with the way you come to conclusion about visa applicant intent.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by karli4nia(m): 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2016
Many Thanks LagosNIV & AbujaNIV for your commitments in answering many questions of Visa seekers.
Please, i wanna know what category or status does a non-immigrant who wishes to visit the U.S to get training as a Missionary or an Instructor on alternative esoteric Spirituality fall under?
This is however not the conventional or orthodox kind of religious training.
From my research on USCIS website, i found the R- religious worker status and the H-3( trainee or special education visitor in a program not primarily for employment) and i am wondering which status fits best.

I really need to get the best advise from you guys so i can also inform the institution that is ganna file the petition for me.

Thank you very much once again LagosNIV. Expecting your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hello antoluk,

F-1 applicants must be able to explain to the consular officer that they are a qualified student, can afford the program of study, and comply with all aspects of U.S. immigration law. Applicants should always be truthful and forthcoming with Consular and Immigration officials regarding past visa applications, and be able to show that they do not intend to immigrate to the U.S.

Regards,
Abuja NIV

antoluk:
Hi VO,

I am a current student in the U.S. I plan to renew my Visa in the coming December month in Nigeria. sometime in 2013 when Nigeria was still eligible, I applied for the Diversity Visa lottery, although I did not win. Do you think that will affect the outcome of my F-1 visa interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bobotubo: 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hi, pls I will like to know if I can apply for non-immigrant visa while I still have a pending immigrant petition(f4 visa petition)
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by boja28(m): 5:57am On Sep 29, 2016
Dear AbujaNIV,

Good job you rendering here. Thumbs up!

Please i need your assistance. I am trying to schedule an appointment today after submitting my DS-160 form but after clicking through all the applicable steps in the "schedule appointment" webpage, i was expecting it to bring up available dates for me to choose, but to my utmost surprise i saw a "Dropbox Confirmation Letter" icon display on my screen. I don't know how that came about as i am not qualified for a dropbox application. I am a returning applicant trying to schedule a new appointment.

Please how can i cancel the dropbox appointment and schedule an interview date appointment as soon as possible.

Thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by amanonymous(m): 11:39am On Sep 29, 2016
Thanks guys LagosNiv as replied me. Good morning

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by askary: 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
Thank you for responding to my concerns about the technical issues experienced with completing the DS-160. I finally was able to submit and got my DS 160 Confirmation page however I only filled my First name and Surname on my appointment confirmation page as requested in the form.
I filled both my First name and Second name in addition to my surname in the DS-160 (because was asked for Surname and Given Names), as it appears on my passport.

I have tried to log to the ustravel.doc to include my Middle name so an appointment confirmation carrying all of my names as exactly in my passport can be regenerated but not possible.

Can you advise as to whether I would be allowed interview with my appointment confirmation showing just my First name and Surname?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:36am On Sep 30, 2016
Hello askary,

Please make sure to bring your confirmation page, ID, passport, and all required documents to your interview. You should be fine so long as the first and last names are correct.

Regards,
Abuja NIV

askary:
Thank you for responding to my concerns about the technical issues experienced with completing the DS-160. I finally was able to submit and got my DS 160 Confirmation page however I only filled my First name and Surname on my appointment confirmation page as requested in the form.
I filled both my First name and Second name in addition to my surname in the DS-160 (because was asked for Surname and Given Names), as it appears on my passport.

I have tried to log to the ustravel.doc to include my Middle name so an appointment confirmation carrying all of my names as exactly in my passport can be regenerated but not possible.

Can you advise as to whether I would be allowed interview with my appointment confirmation showing just my First name and Surname?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Blessedmaek: 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hello, I recently applied for visa via drop box (Lagos consulate)and was told to come pick up my passport. Upon doing that,I was not issued a visa just a white paper print out ticking a box that explained that I will need to do a follow up interview under the 221G category.I called after that and was told to scan and send my passport page and the print out. I was also told that I will receive a reply within 48 hours. I haven't gotten a reply yet and I don't know how to go about this. Confused state right now. Pls assist.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jemin456: 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
God afternoom VO;
When b1/b2 visa expired; I had a 2months extension approval from USCIS; i am back in nigeria and want to do a dropbox now...i have all my documents including the notice of approval.
Can i still apply via drop box system?
Rgds
Jemin456
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ffl07join14: 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hello VO,

I applied for b1/b2 visa from Accra and was denied.I am to attend a conference. The conference organizers contacted the embassy afterwards and advised I reapply which I did but was denied again stating that strong ties. Although I had letters from my employer(government agency) stating my intention and supporting my travel which will build capacity for the agency.
I am young adult not married. I think was denied because the officer thinks I don't have strong ties as per the US definitions.

I think if I have the opportunity to attend the conference, the knowledge transfer in championing green initiatives will go a long way in helping my country.

Thanks.
God bless The United States of America
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by SoundMind07: 4:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hello VO,
My H-1B petition was approved and I plan to come for H-1B visa stamping in December 2016. I would be getting married before appearing for the visa interview with my spouse (H4). We are filling out our visa application (DS-160) forms now to allow enough time to secure a visa interview appointment in December. My question is- Would it be appropriate to apply as "married" on the DS-160, since we would be married by the time of the visa interview OR Can we ONLY use our marital status as at the time of filing the visa application? If the latter is the case, would we qualify for an expedited visa appointment, considering that I would need to return my job two weeks after marriage. Please advise.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by owo4048: 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hello VO
I apply for visa in the year 2000, and I plan to apply again. Will the information presented then still be available on the database? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by yominent: 10:41am On Oct 02, 2016
Pls house. I was charged for alien smuggling and misrepresentation in 2013. Can someone advice me on what to do if I want to apply now.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by xtianchris(m): 11:29am On Oct 02, 2016
I will be receiving an invitation from letter wanting me to come over for a specific period of time.. I will want to know what necessary document i will need when going for an interview,,,.. First timer though
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by halaphilip: 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
My sister whom I invited to the US was denied a non-immigrant visa two weeks ago. I'd just gone through her visa forms now and there's a section I'm not quite clear if she answered properly.

To the question: "do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the US ", she answered NO.

Is this the right response? I want to reapply for her and I am wondering if this is one of the reasons she was denied. The definition of immediate relative I got online seems to suggest she was right but I want to be sure.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by karli4nia(m): 10:02am On Oct 04, 2016
Attn!

LagosNIV plus AbujaNIV are questions since 28th September are awaiting your response. Kindly attend to them if you can. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hello Blessedmaek,

Please email the Consulate in Lagos at lagosniv@state.gov

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Blessedmaek:
Hello, I recently applied for visa via drop box (Lagos consulate)and was told to come pick up my passport. Upon doing that,I was not issued a visa just a white paper print out ticking a box that explained that I will need to do a follow up interview under the 221G category.I called after that and was told to scan and send my passport page and the print out. I was also told that I will receive a reply within 48 hours. I haven't gotten a reply yet and I don't know how to go about this. Confused state right now. Pls assist.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hello Jemin456,

You are not eligible for the dropbox program.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

jemin456:
God afternoom VO;
When b1/b2 visa expired; I had a 2months extension approval from USCIS; i am back in nigeria and want to do a dropbox now...i have all my documents including the notice of approval.
Can i still apply via drop box system?
Rgds
Jemin456
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hello ffl07join14,

There is not a question in there, but to address common themes, letters of introduction and invitations are not only not required, they will most likely not be looked at.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

ffl07join14:
Hello VO,

I applied for b1/b2 visa from Accra and was denied.I am to attend a conference. The conference organizers contacted the embassy afterwards and advised I reapply which I did but was denied again stating that strong ties. Although I had letters from my employer(government agency) stating my intention and supporting my travel which will build capacity for the agency.
I am young adult not married. I think was denied because the officer thinks I don't have strong ties as per the US definitions.

I think if I have the opportunity to attend the conference, the knowledge transfer in championing green initiatives will go a long way in helping my country.

Thanks.
God bless The United States of America
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hello Soundmind07,

Good question. "Engaged" would be the most appropriate answer on the DS-160, as you are not yet married but are planning it.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

SoundMind07:
Hello VO,
My H-1B petition was approved and I plan to come for H-1B visa stamping in December 2016. I would be getting married before appearing for the visa interview with my spouse (H4). We are filling out our visa application (DS-160) forms now to allow enough time to secure a visa interview appointment in December. My question is- Would it be appropriate to apply as "married" on the DS-160, since we would be married by the time of the visa interview OR Can we ONLY use our marital status as at the time of filing the visa application? If the latter is the case, would we qualify for an expedited visa appointment, considering that I would need to return my job two weeks after marriage. Please advise.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hello owo4048,

We will not answer questions about our databases, especially on a public forum.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

owo4048:
Hello VO
I apply for visa in the year 2000, and I plan to apply again. Will the information presented then still be available on the database? Thank you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.