Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,626 members, 7,816,575 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (819653 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Teedawg: 6:21pm On Dec 27, 2016
¢
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by esosa4real(m): 6:54pm On Dec 27, 2016
Good day @abujaniv @all, greetings and pls I need your advice.

I plan to honestly visit my only surviving uncle in the US (Maryland) who is sick and on dialysis but I don't know how to go about my application due to some points.

1. I am a 29 year old single medical doctor working in Saudi Arabia (legal resident) but on a 2months holiday in Nigeria till February. I have visited UK, brazil, South Africa and Nepal all for Medical Conferences and never broke any law. My worry here is how to demonstrate ties to Nigeria as I want to apply from Nigeria since I am on vacation here. Is this possible and allowed

2. I don't know my chances if I apply from Saudi Arabia as there have been worrying concerns about Saudi due to terrorism and security threat, Infact my UK renewal a few months ago for a sept conference was denied on very flimsy excuses. (I think the western world are very careful about them now for political reasons)

3. I have been denied US visa 3 times on my first passport as a teenager between 15 - 20 yrs which I still have the passport. My dad made those applications then when he was alive and cant remember the exact causes of denial (I know at one point young age was the reason)

Please I need your suggestions and best advices because my honest plan is to visit for a week and come back to Nigeria to meet my return flight back to Saudi where I work.

God bless you all!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by petismine(f): 5:51am On Dec 28, 2016
My brother's fiancee in the U.S. filed a K1 fiance visa for him sometime in August. The case will expire in February. We just noticed awhile ago that his name was wrongly arranged in his passport, so he went to Abuja to get the problem fixed. On getting to Abuja he was told the new passport will be ready sometime in January and we don’t have much time since his case will expire in February. He's yet to fill his application online and get an interview date as a result of this findings. Please V.O. what do you advise?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
Please I tried filling the ds-160 online but it seems not all the questions displayed.
Example the question " have you ever traveled before didn't not displayed, have you made specific travel arrangements didn't displayed and also the question have you completed senior high school or above didn't not displayed. After I finished filling the displayed questions I was able to submit it without those questions I mentioned. Please is it usual.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hello petismine. Address this issue in the immigrant visa thread.

petismine:
My brother's fiancee in the U.S. filed a K1 fiance visa for him sometime in August. The case will expire in February. We just noticed awhile ago that his name was wrongly arranged in his passport, so he went to Abuja to get the problem fixed. On getting to Abuja he was told the new passport will be ready sometime in January and we don’t have much time since his case will expire in February. He's yet to fill his application online and get an interview date as a result of this findings. Please V.O. what do you advise?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hello Salah120. If the form submitted successfully, then there's probably no issue. Bring it up at your interview, and feel free to bring it up at the interview

Sallah120:
Please I tried filling the ds-160 online but it seems not all the questions displayed.
Example the question " have you ever traveled before didn't not displayed, have you made specific travel arrangements didn't displayed and also the question have you completed senior high school or above didn't not displayed. After I finished filling the displayed questions I was able to submit it without those questions I mentioned. Please is it usual.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hello esosa4real.
Sorry to hear about your uncle.
1. It is possible and allowed to apply while you're on vacation.
2. We don't discuss chances on this forum.
3. Even if you've been denied a visa in the past, each new application is given a fresh look. Be prepared to discuss your professional ties, your travel history, and your US travel plans.

esosa4real:
Good day @abujaniv @all, greetings and pls I need your advice.

I plan to honestly visit my only surviving uncle in the US (Maryland) who is sick and on dialysis but I don't know how to go about my application due to some points.

1. I am a 29 year old single medical doctor working in Saudi Arabia (legal resident) but on a 2months holiday in Nigeria till February. I have visited UK, brazil, South Africa and Nepal all for Medical Conferences and never broke any law. My worry here is how to demonstrate ties to Nigeria as I want to apply from Nigeria since I am on vacation here. Is this possible and allowed

2. I don't know my chances if I apply from Saudi Arabia as there have been worrying concerns about Saudi due to terrorism and security threat, Infact my UK renewal a few months ago for a sept conference was denied on very flimsy excuses. (I think the western world are very careful about them now for political reasons)

3. I have been denied US visa 3 times on my first passport as a teenager between 15 - 20 yrs which I still have the passport. My dad made those applications then when he was alive and cant remember the exact causes of denial (I know at one point young age was the reason)

Please I need your suggestions and best advices because my honest plan is to visit for a week and come back to Nigeria to meet my return flight back to Saudi where I work.

God bless you all!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by willtoch: 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello willtoch. The embassy/consulate keeps passports after the interview only when the visa has been approved.

But my passport is still with me now. Should i go and submit it or reapply and let them know about the issue.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hello willtoch.
The embassy/consulate keeps passports after the interview only when the visa has been approved. If you left with your passport still with you, your application was not approved. Also, every applicant is given one of three letters, explaining: a) how to pick up your passport with the visa in it; b) why your application was denied; or c) what steps are needed to complete your application.

willtoch:

But my passport is still with me now. Should i go and submit it or reapply and let them know about the issue.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Chiezzh: 11:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello esosa4real.
Sorry to hear about your uncle.
1. It is possible and allowed to apply while you're on vacation.
2. We don't discuss chances on this forum.
3. Even if you've been denied a visa in the past, each new application is given a fresh look. Be prepared to discuss your professional ties, your travel history, and your US travel plans.

Sir If new application is given a fresh look ... what happend to mine? .. after been approved at the interview ..the site updates refused? I'm confused
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Chiezzh: 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
And I was given a white collection paper ...to pick up I'm 3 days
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oriagome: 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
please when filling my ds-160 form on Passport Book Number i click does not apply cause i didnt no then what it mean. i later learn it mean passport page number and my interview is next week tuesday, please do i have to fill another once to change it. i fill it like that for family of four.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lourash(m): 10:06am On Dec 30, 2016
Please i do have this 'error occurred while processing your photo' while trying to upload my photo on my ds 160 form.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by KAY187: 10:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
Dear VO,pls around 1997 I was denied an immigration visa to the US,in 2014 there about a friend introduced me to a travel agent who told me he had an associate in US embassy who assist him in procuring visa for his clients with some certain amount of money which I provided for him, he gave me different personal information which I used on my international passport, name,date of birth different from my original information which I used in my first interview,at the end I was denied again, but I wasn't given reason for my visa refusal unlike my initial attempt,now of recent my situation have change I've visited other country with my original information on my international passport which was the one I used at my first interview at the US embassy, now am willing to apply for US non immigrant visa with my original information, I seek your advice in a case as this how can I go about it to clear myself from the inconsistent the travel agent have caused me,thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Princesindy: 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2016
Hello VO, please may I know if I can use my passport that will expire by July 2017 to apply for a B2 visa by January 2017? My vacation is 30 days beginning end of January. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by soneyesamson: 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2016
Good day here, please i need help from fellow nairaland and i will be most grateful if anyone can enlight me

I applied for visiting visa last year april and i was denied by consular officer, it was only me that applied but now i want to reaply with my wife and i have two questions to ask

1. Can consular officer reopen my previous application during the interview because the information i filled in previous application contain alot of mistakes wich i have to correct in new application, hope this can work?

2. How can my wife be interviewed by a consular because she cannot speak in English as i can
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cjeriia: 9:03am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy New year everyoney
Your insight needed here. My friend attended her interview last month but was denied as she left with her passport. On trying to reapply, the system kept denying her access saying the visa previously applied for was granted. How can this be...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by obinna5000(m): 11:35am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year everyone.
Wish everyone success in their visa applications.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ademide05: 11:56am On Jan 01, 2017
Hello VO
Some years ago, i applied for an SA visa through an agent. I was given the vise, the agent applied via ghana with a benin, togo and ghana stamp. I asked what the 3 stamps are about and the agent said he has to go through that to apply for me at ghana.

Some years later i applied for a UK visa myself. I claimed i went through benin, togo and ghana to get SA visa as i dont know how to defend the stamp visa that was on my passport but i was denied UK visa and the reason was that i have a fake visa stamp of benin, togo and ghana but original of SA visa, so my old passport was siezed and my renew passport (blank)was released without and rejection stamp or rejection sticker.

With my returned blank renewed passport, i went to ghana with my family by road and was able to acquire Benin, Togo and Ghana visa on all our passports.( No agent)

Now i want to apply for an American visa for the family with the renewed passport, my questions are these

1. If asked if i have traveled before and i said yes listing Benin, Togo and Ghana and not listing South Africa because i dont have the passport to prove it wont they put in my old passport on their system to check my past traveling record?

2. Will they ask if i have been rejected before? If yes with what i have explained above, how best can i answer the question

3. Can i just list the three countries Benin, Togo and Ghana only as the places i have been to and tell then i have never been rejected

4. Do they actually scan for previous traveling record via passport number to verify what is on the application.

I dont want to use agent and this is my real situation
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lovetterrison(m): 9:03am On Jan 03, 2017
Good Day VO,

I kindly need your help on my visa fee receipt number cant be used,how can i unlock it.

while i was filing my ds-160 form , A certain question popped up about if i was 80years above and i mistakenly clicked yes,while i continue to the next page to book my appointment for interview i couldn't no more,it was drop box confirmation letter that was forwarded to me ...i tried re-filing but my receipt was locked already...please kindly help me what can i do?i have sent mails and no response yet
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:14pm On Jan 03, 2017
Hello KAY187. Thank you for the chance to address this important issue: We highly recommend against using agents to fill out your applications. The application itself is considered a sworn statement from the applicant, and erroneous information in it can tarnish your reputation forever. One more thing: Anyone who says they have an inside source at the Embassy who can get you a visa is lying. The decision is at the sole discretion of the visa officer. The US Embassy/Consulate has a zero tolerance policy for attempts at bribery, tipping, dashing, etc. You were a party to the deception, so you have to own up to it. Time heals wounds, but 2014 was not all that long ago.

KAY187:
Dear VO,pls around 1997 I was denied an immigration visa to the US,in 2014 there about a friend introduced me to a travel agent who told me he had an associate in US embassy who assist him in procuring visa for his clients with some certain amount of money which I provided for him, he gave me different personal information which I used on my international passport, name,date of birth different from my original information which I used in my first interview,at the end I was denied again, but I wasn't given reason for my visa refusal unlike my initial attempt,now of recent my situation have change I've visited other country with my original information on my international passport which was the one I used at my first interview at the US embassy, now am willing to apply for US non immigrant visa with my original information, I seek your advice in a case as this how can I go about it to clear myself from the inconsistent the travel agent have caused me,thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2017
Hello Ademide05.
1. Just be honest about your travel history, if asked.
2. Just be honest.
3. Just be honest.
4. Don't worry about that. Just be honest.
See a pattern here?

Ademide05:
Hello VO
Some years ago, i applied for an SA visa through an agent. I was given the vise, the agent applied via ghana with a benin, togo and ghana stamp. I asked what the 3 stamps are about and the agent said he has to go through that to apply for me at ghana.

Some years later i applied for a UK visa myself. I claimed i went through benin, togo and ghana to get SA visa as i dont know how to defend the stamp visa that was on my passport but i was denied UK visa and the reason was that i have a fake visa stamp of benin, togo and ghana but original of SA visa, so my old passport was siezed and my renew passport (blank)was released without and rejection stamp or rejection sticker.

With my returned blank renewed passport, i went to ghana with my family by road and was able to acquire Benin, Togo and Ghana visa on all our passports.( No agent)

Now i want to apply for an American visa for the family with the renewed passport, my questions are these

1. If asked if i have traveled before and i said yes listing Benin, Togo and Ghana and not listing South Africa because i dont have the passport to prove it wont they put in my old passport on their system to check my past traveling record?

2. Will they ask if i have been rejected before? If yes with what i have explained above, how best can i answer the question

3. Can i just list the three countries Benin, Togo and Ghana only as the places i have been to and tell then i have never been rejected

4. Do they actually scan for previous traveling record via passport number to verify what is on the application.

I dont want to use agent and this is my real situation
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:20pm On Jan 03, 2017
Hello soneyesamson.
1. Yes.
2. We have translators for many languages.

soneyesamson:
Good day here, please i need help from fellow nairaland and i will be most grateful if anyone can enlight me

I applied for visiting visa last year april and i was denied by consular officer, it was only me that applied but now i want to reaply with my wife and i have two questions to ask

1. Can consular officer reopen my previous application during the interview because the information i filled in previous application contain alot of mistakes wich i have to correct in new application, hope this can work?

2. How can my wife be interviewed by a consular because she cannot speak in English as i can
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Princesindy: 8:17am On Jan 04, 2017
Hello VO, please may I know if I can use my passport that will expire by July 2017 to apply for a B2 visa by January 2017? My travel/vacation is 30 days beginning end of January. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by salt2: 6:43am On Jan 05, 2017
Dear VO
My last B1/B2 visa was issued in Abuja. I am eligible for dropbox and I live in Lagos. Can I send my Dropbox application to Lagos?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by salt2: 6:59am On Jan 05, 2017
Also VO
Please are receipts transferable?. I mistakenly bought B1/B2 receipts for myself twice. I now want to apply for my parent. I'm wondering if I could use one of the receipts.

Please my parent accompanied me on a B2 visa for childbirth in 2014 and now she wants to renew the Visa this time to attend a church camp meeting which is a B1. Does she qualify for a Dropbox?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
Please can I request for an emergency interview. My l-20 arrived late
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kallion: 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2017
Hello,
I recently was issued an NIV for my wife,baby and I,but we are expecting another baby.
My question: will I need to attend an interview while applying for my new born baby considering the fact that I have been issued a visa already?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Teedawg: 10:37pm On Jan 05, 2017
hy Vo please how early can one get their passport after visa approval also is there an emergency visa interview option
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by wilgraham702: 12:58am On Jan 06, 2017
Good Morning VO
I was issued a F1 Student Visa in November 2012 to study in Ohio and i travelled the following Year May 2013 and was stopped by the Homeland Security Officer,Interogated and was returned to Nigeria at the POE in New york reasons for returning was that the agent that assisted in getting my document sent wrong/fake documents to the school i applied to then.
I was given the option of allowing me entry into the US if i can get a good attorney to defend me in court which i couldnt outrightly afford.I remember i was also asked if i had the funds to pay for the school fees upon arrival to the school in Ohio.

I was given a 5 year Ban before i left the US and asked to try and apply again after the Ban.

My question now is this,
My In-Law(A medical doctor) in North Carolina has been able to help me with getting an admission with a school in illinois and the said school has issued me an i20 and the school is scheduled to resume in August 2017 which means i would have to appear at the embassy for a Visa before August 2017.
I would like to know what possible chances or challenges of getting a visa would be, cos going by my calcuation my Ban of entry into the US is likely to be running by the time i go to the US Embassy here.

Should i be lucky to get the Visa here in Nigeria,What challenges am i likely to face upon arrival to the US much later.

How do i know the status of my Ban of entry into the US.

Thank you as i look forward to ur response

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.