Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (820524 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ediz: 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2015
abujaniv LagosNIV

Dear VO,

I applied with my wife and kid earlier this year and were both denied.

Myself, my wife and my kid traveled to South Africa last year however while in South Africa we obtain Swaziland visa but we didn't get the chance to travel there because the visa came out late and we had to get back to Nigeria!

In 2013 i traveled to Benin, Togo and Ghana!

So basically i have traveled to South Africa, Benin, Togo, and Ghana, but as a family we have only visited South Africa!

Due to my ignorance about US application, i told one silly agent to fill our DS-160 for us.
He booked the appointment before filling the form however he later completed the form just 2 days before our Interview!

He then printed the application form for me to see and study. Upon seeing it i noticed an error.

In my travel history he filled (1.) South Africa (2.) Swaziland (3.) Ghana (4.) Togo (5.) Benin,
like i have stated earlier, we didn't go to Swaziland but we have the visas on our passport respectively!

Fast Forward to our Interview, the VO asked where we have traveled to as a family and i responded with South Africa.

The VO Flipped through my passport ( she would have see on her system that i filled Swaziland and i didn't mention if i have been there, and while flipping through my passport she would see Ghana, Togo, Benin stamp and South Africa visa and stamp while she will only see Swaziland Visa and wont see any stamp!

We were denied the Visa and she handed us the 214b paper.

We are planning to reapply very soon and obviously i wont state Swaziland in my travel history for the last five years!

My question now is Hope this wont affect me during our Next Interview because the VO would see that Swaziland was stated in our previous application.

Please what can i do to rectify the error on my previous application

Please your Intelligent advice is needed on this!

Thanking you in advance!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lizzyslaw(f): 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2015
LagosNIV:

lizzyslaw,
You received a generic letter for refusal under section 214(b) of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act. It's a long read, but it's public information if you want to dig into the whole thing online...
The point here is that "ties" are only part of the equation and having children is not a requirement. Most visa interview are conducted in about 2 minutes because of the number of applicants we have to meet with every day. I personally interviewed over 130 individuals yesterday! A lot of applicants, I am sure, think they conveyed information about their intent much better than they actually did during the interview. This is why they are always eligible to re-apply. We don't normally recommend that folks re-apply within 90 days but if there is a pressing need for them to get to a special event and they feel that they can convey that message in another interview, you are always welcome to reapply and will be given the opportunity to interview with another officer.

Thank you. You are right about applicants thinking they expressed their intentional better. In fact in my case, I doubt I had the opportunity to even begin. I was waiting for her to leave the computer and focus on me so we can converse so I answered her questions briefly. Besides I thought swinging into a narration without being prompted would seem desperate. More so as I saw one visa officer who took time to listen to an applicant explain why her record has a Police report attached and even offered to help her resolve it so that she can use the drop box afterwards. This was before granting her the visa. I guess seeing that nice officer made me expect such treatment too.

I will reapply because if the purpose of the interview is to ascertain persons who will not abscond then I am a prime candidate. I want to attend the conference and deliver my paper.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by testional(m): 8:32pm On Jul 22, 2015
Gud day, VO. Please I have a question to ask, In a situation were your confirmation number in the DS- 160 form did not correspond with the number at the " Appointment confirmation page number. Is anything wrong with the Form filled or is that acceptable for your interview!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by iContribute: 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello iContribute,

It sounds like you received a 7(A)(i)(I) refusal (and possibly something else - it should be written in your passport). Your expedited removal from the port-of-entry carries with it a five year ban from the US. If, however, the US Customs and Border Protection also found you to be 6(C)(i), which covers fraud and misrepresentation, you received a permanent ban.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Thank you for your response. Yes i got 214 7(a) (i)(I) of the Ina code.

Right! So after 5years, i'll just need to go through the entire procedure again? I reckon i have to fully explain why i was denied entry previously, right?

Please what advise can you give me? Plus is the 5yeara ban the only penalty?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by princeabisoye: 4:10pm On Jul 23, 2015
Hello VO,
Kindly please tell me what documents i need to take along with me for a B1/B2 visa interview.... i am going for a conference.... i am married and been sponsored by company.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by eziafakise: 4:56pm On Jul 23, 2015
HELLO VO,
I APPLIED FOR THE B1/B2 VISA IN 2013 AND IT WAS APPROVED, I TRAVELLED THAT SAME YEAR AND RETURNED BACK TO NIGERIA AFTER 4 WEEKS , I INTEND TRAVELLING AGAIN THIS SEPTEMBER BEFORE MY VISA EXPIRES IN NOVEMBER ,PLEASE I WANT TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE DROPBOX RENEWAL PROGRAMME ; DO I HAVE TO WAIT TILL MY VISA EXPIRES IN NOVEMBER TO RENEW IT? SECONDLY WHAT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS WILL I INCLUDE IN MY APPLICATION.
PLEASE NOTE I WILL BE COMING BACK IN SEPTEMBER ALSO SINCE I'M ONLY ENTITLED TO 15 WORKING DAYS ANNUAL LEAVE . THANKS FOR YOUR KIND RESPONSE
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Arise01: 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2015
Dear VO, I suppose to have my interview on 12th of aug, but I received a mail that my interview date have bin shifted to 26th of aug. My question is that,hope it won't affect d date i filed for my form 160. pls reply my accordingly. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by johnwick1: 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2015
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Luckysoj: 10:43pm On Jul 23, 2015
HELLO V O,
I have been rejected twice base on the facts that my dad apply for a K1 visa but never went ahead with because of change of mind at the long run any time I go or my brothers we are been denied the opportunity please what can we do on these case
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by interestingleap: 5:12am On Jul 24, 2015
Dear VO,

Kindly assist urgently.

I applied for a non-immigrant visa renewal over two weeks ago (now over 10 working days) through the dropbox program and I've been tracking through the www.ustraveldocs.com site but I've only being getting the status message: "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate". I only just now checked on the ceac.state.gov website and saw the status message "Administrative Processing". From my checks on Google, Administrative Processing could run into weeks, if not months.

The main & real issue I have now is that I am due for a trip outside Nigeria (not US) next week. Ticket has been purchased, plans have been seal. I need my passport back as I still need to process PTA using the passport. Invariably, I have just two working days before my trip.

Kindly advise on how I can get my passport back.

P.S:I emailed LagosNIV@state.gov a few days ago requesting for the status of the visa application but I am yet to get a reply.

Please reply as soon as you can.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by toluwee: 7:38am On Jul 24, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello lizzyslaw,

Sorry we are late getting to this. Statements of account are not required for B1/B2 visas. Simply be transparent and honest regarding your situation during the interview (which likely already happened).

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1. Please confirm the bolded. What documents are then required to show financial sufficiency
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 24, 2015
iContribute:

Thank you for your response. Yes i got 214 7(a) (i)(I) of the Ina code.

Right! So after 5years, i'll just need to go through the entire procedure again? I reckon i have to fully explain why i was denied entry previously, right?

Please what advise can you give me? Plus is the 5yeara ban the only penalty?

Yes, 5 years after your last day in the United States you will be eligible to re-apply. It will be like anyone else applying, except that when I look at your file I will know that you already have a prior history of violating U.S. law and abusing your visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 24, 2015
princeabisoye:
Hello VO,
Kindly please tell me what documents i need to take along with me for a B1/B2 visa interview.... i am going for a conference.... i am married and been sponsored by company.

The only documents required for a B1/B2 visa interview are your passport and DS-160 confirmation sheet.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 24, 2015
eziafakise:
HELLO VO,
I APPLIED FOR THE B1/B2 VISA IN 2013 AND IT WAS APPROVED, I TRAVELLED THAT SAME YEAR AND RETURNED BACK TO NIGERIA AFTER 4 WEEKS , I INTEND TRAVELLING AGAIN THIS SEPTEMBER BEFORE MY VISA EXPIRES IN NOVEMBER ,PLEASE I WANT TO INQUIRE ABOUT THE DROPBOX RENEWAL PROGRAMME ; DO I HAVE TO WAIT TILL MY VISA EXPIRES IN NOVEMBER TO RENEW IT? SECONDLY WHAT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS WILL I INCLUDE IN MY APPLICATION.
PLEASE NOTE I WILL BE COMING BACK IN SEPTEMBER ALSO SINCE I'M ONLY ENTITLED TO 15 WORKING DAYS ANNUAL LEAVE . THANKS FOR YOUR KIND RESPONSE

Writing in all caps hurts my eyes. Are you yelling at me?

You can find more information about the dropbox renewals at http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_dropbox.html - and you can renew before it expires or up to 2 years after expiration (for a B1/B2)

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 24, 2015
Arise01:
Dear VO, I suppose to have my interview on 12th of aug, but I received a mail that my interview date have bin shifted to 26th of aug. My question is that,hope it won't affect d date i filed for my form 160. pls reply my accordingly. Thanks

I don't think I understand your question - if we had to move your interview for some reason, why would we note process that in our system?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:53am On Jul 24, 2015
johnwick1:
Dear VO,
i got b1b2 visa in Nigeria 2013 and I will love to renew via dropbox this year, one of the requirements to qualify for dropbox is to reside in Nigeria but i now base in UK, is it possible to renew my visa via dropbox in UK or i ll have to come to Nigeria to renew it. Thanks, ll really appreciate ur response.

You will have to be in Nigeria to renew the visa through our dropbox program. You are also eligible to go to an interview in the UK if that is easier for you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2015
Luckysoj:
HELLO V O,
I have been rejected twice base on the facts that my dad apply for a K1 visa but never went ahead with because of change of mind at the long run any time I go or my brothers we are been denied the opportunity please what can we do on these case

Is that why you were actually denied? You may be reading into the situation and actually not qualified for any other number of reasons.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 24, 2015
interestingleap:
Dear VO,

Kindly assist urgently.

I applied for a non-immigrant visa renewal over two weeks ago (now over 10 working days) through the dropbox program and I've been tracking through the www.ustraveldocs.com site but I've only being getting the status message: "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate". I only just now checked on the ceac.state.gov website and saw the status message "Administrative Processing". From my checks on Google, Administrative Processing could run into weeks, if not months.

The main & really issue I have now is that I am due for a trip outside Nigeria (not US) next week. Ticket has been purchased, plans have been seal. I need my passport back as I still need to process PTA using the passport. Invariably, I have just two working days before my trip.

Kindly advise on how I can get my passport back.

P.S:I emailed LagosNIV@state.gov a few days ago requesting for the status of the visa application but I am yet to get a reply.

Please reply as soon as you can. AA0055NC68, AA0055FLB2, AA0055ND3S

Thank you.

The email you sent is the quickest way to get your respose on a specific case - you are free to pick up your passport. We will just have to have you drop it back off when the administrative processing on the case is completed.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by interestingleap: 8:01am On Jul 24, 2015
LagosNIV:

The email you sent is the quickest way to get your respose on a specific case - you are free to pick up your passport. We will just have to have you drop it back off when the administrative processing on the case is completed.

Thank you for the prompt response. Status now reads "Issued"
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by toluwee: 8:05am On Jul 24, 2015
Dear VO,

I need clarity on procedure. I need to go to the US for an urgent medical procedure. My wife has a b1/b2 visa and had a job with a multinational oil coy until February when she lost the job. Her visa has not expired and she will accompany me for the trip.

My wife and I have funds sufficient to take care of the all medical expenses on the trip in my wife's accounts although no substantial deposits since February.

However my own bank statement doesn't show much for monthly income as my business is not doing so well lately.

Will my wife's account statement be sufficient for evidence of access to funds for the trip?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by eziafakise: 8:36am On Jul 24, 2015
Good morning VO,

I'm really sorry if I was rude to you. thanks for your kind and quick response . please I want to inquire if there's any supporting document to include in my application and if I can renew it before I travel in September or renew it when I come back from the united states .
thanks so much ma
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by princeabisoye: 9:12am On Jul 24, 2015
Thanks VO for the reply. please apart from the early document u metioned, letter of invitaion and letter from my company ... what other supporting document do i need to attached from myself and company. do i need to attached marriage certificate and family picture. apply for b1/b2 visa conference. am been sponored by my company. will appricaite ur swift reply... my interview is on monday.... thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Femite74(m): 9:58am On Jul 24, 2015
Dear vo,
I had a visa interview scheduled for 5th of August, but I recently received a mail that the interview date has been moved to 25th of August. The problem is, the conference I plan attending is from 19th - 21st August, being that I can't go back to my application. Can I apply for another conference that would hold later in the year? Even if this is done, details of the new conference won't appear on my application. I hope this won't affect my chances? Cos the whole rescheduling has disrupted my plans.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 24, 2015
Femite74:
Dear vo,
I had a visa interview scheduled for 5th of August, but I recently received a mail that the interview date has been moved to 25th of August. The problem is, the conference I plan attending is from 19th - 21st August, being that I can't go back to my application. Can I apply for another conference that would hold later in the year? Even if this is done, details of the new conference won't appear on my application. I hope this won't affect my chances? Cos the whole rescheduling has disrupted my plans.

(Quote) (Report) (Like) 1 Share (Un-Share)

Sorry whre is ur interview venue lagos or abuja. Dis issue of receiving email we don't no how genue it is.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JohnSnow008: 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hello, I am planning to apply for a J-1 Visa next month to travel early September. From previous comments it seems there is a massive gap between the time of application and available appointment dates. I was wondering if this will also apply for J-1 Visas. Will it be possible to get a mid August appointment if i complete my application by the end of this month?
Appreciate the good work!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Arise01: 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
Lagos bro
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by johnwick1: 6:05pm On Jul 24, 2015
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by victosin00002: 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dear VO, you are doing a great job,
I got a b1b2 visa early 2014, travelled that year for 5weeks at a stretch, then this yr 2015 Feb for 2 weeks and May for 10 days. All these visits i was given 6 months to visit my uncle and never encountered any problem at POE. I am planning to travel again next month for just a week, i have no intention to immigrate to US just to relax with my uncle whenever i am less busy in Nigeria, money for the flight is not a problem. My question is i hope i wont encounter any problem at POE as regards my frequent visit to my uncle and a friend told me that frequent visit will make them think i got a girl in the US but no no just visiting but i am single though. i need ur advise please
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Guest1: 2:59am On Jul 25, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello Guest1,

That's a good question. Many people are issued non-immigrant visas each day who also have pending or closed immigrant petitions. As long as there weren't any accusations of fraud in your filing, this shouldn't be a problem. You will need to demonstrate, as you said is the case, that your domicile is in Nigeria and that your wife does not intend to abandon it.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Thanks for your explanation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by suxes2005(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2015
VO,

I have this request to make on behalf of a friend.

He was sent back last year and his student visa cancelled.

He applied to redress and he was cleared of all wrongdoings.

He applied for US student visa again two weeks ago and was
granted the visa but was told they have to verify the letters
sent from Homeland.

After two weeks, they are yet to get back.

What could be the cause of the delay and school resumes
August 17, 2015.

Hope to get a reply from you

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DofGod: 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2015
Gud evening vo, pls my question is this, can some one that applied for u.s lottery some years backs be considered as filing an immigration petition as asked in ds 160 form and applying for u.s lottery affect your non immigration visa chances. Tanx
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tariy: 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2015
Dear VO,
I have been applying for U.S. visa with a sincere information in my applications to visit but am always been refused visa of I which have good travel history to other countries and I do have my own business which I run......
What can I do please

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.