Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (821632 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adesanmiprince: 5:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello Adesanmiprince,

It sounds like he's in the renewal process right now and will learn more by going to his interview?

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Thank u sir. He went for the interview today and was told to come back for his passport in 3 months to time. Why would it take such a long period of 3 months pls ? Is he going to undergo an AP ?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jisola3000: 5:26pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hello please i need your advice...

I have been refused us visa twice, .

1. The first was in 2012 and i was refused visa because the VO said i just made a trip to the uk like 4 months before my application to the US hence he believes that i made the trip to the uk inpreparation for my US visa application and he is not sure i can afford the trip the us at the proposed date.

2. The second denial was in 2014 and i do not know the reason for refusal.

Presently , I am single mom, I am planning to get us visa for I and my 9 month old baby. please i need your advice on the best way to go about my visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
Hello

Good evening.

I need your experienced opinion please. A family of 3 (husband, wife and son) recently applied for a B1/B2 renewal via drop box. The wife just received a call back to come for an interview, only her without her husband or son. What could be the reason for this? Although the wife has changed her name officially to her husbands name after the issuance of the last visa. She attached all relevant change of name documents in photocopies to the drop box.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Kayode2ic: 9:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
hello AbujaNiv thanks for the good job and info on here.
I have a few questions
1. does the "accompany" section on the ds -160 form mean that the principal applicant and accompanying applicant will be attending the interview together ? Since the appointment letter is going to combine both ? ...... cos I've heard stories where they've been interviewed together and also where they've been separated
2. Is the accompany applicant required to present his/her own proofs (especially proof of income) since the principal applicant is the sponsor.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ELEOVIE(m): 12:14am On Feb 02, 2016
Hello AbujaNIV,

My wife and our two kids secured B1/b2 visa for vacation March 2015 and were scheduled to travel in August. This didn't happen because we started building our dream home and committed funds for that purpose in so much that we forgot to set aside funds for our vacation.
Around September 2015 my wife took in and I was angry because we had decided on having only two children. I let it go because I love her.
Now we plan to vacation around April because the house is almost completed.
We also want to have our baby during this time in the US. She I due around June. I have a b1/b2 visa myself.

Please advise if She needs to do a change of intent letter or notice considering the circumstance and her visa type.

Regards,
Ufuoma
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by danowena: 6:14am On Feb 02, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello danowena,

There are no appropriate visa classes to allow children to attend public primary schools in the United States..........

Should a parent wish to enroll their child in a private primary or secondary school, the student must be accepted and apply for an F-1 visa.

There are no visas for parents of students in the United States to stay long-term. The appropriate visa would be a B1/B2 tourist visa, but this would simply allow a parent/guardian to visit their child. If they attempt to live in the United States while their child is in US schools, their visa might be revoked and they may be barred from reentering the United States.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Dear AbujaNIV,

Thank you very much for your very detailed and educative response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:25am On Feb 02, 2016
jisola3000:
Hello please i need your advice...

I have been refused us visa twice, .

1. The first was in 2012 and i was refused visa because the VO said i just made a trip to the uk like 4 months before my application to the US hence he believes that i made the trip to the uk inpreparation for my US visa application and he is not sure i can afford the trip the us at the proposed date.

2. The second denial was in 2014 and i do not know the reason for refusal.

Presently , I am single mom, I am planning to get us visa for I and my 9 month old baby. please i need your advice on the best way to go about my visa

Hello jisola3000,

We don't coach people on how to apply for a visa. The best advice we can give you is only to apply if you believe you overcome whatever was the cause of your denial in the past (you were given a paper explaining this at that time). If you choose to go forward in applying, be completely honest and transparent both on your application and during the interview.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:26am On Feb 02, 2016
MrsDGN:
Hello

Good evening.

I need your experienced opinion please. A family of 3 (husband, wife and son) recently applied for a B1/B2 renewal via drop box. The wife just received a call back to come for an interview, only her without her husband or son. What could be the reason for this? Although the wife has changed her name officially to her husbands name after the issuance of the last visa. She attached all relevant change of name documents in photocopies to the drop box.

Hello MrsDGN,

She will likely find out the reason during her interview.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:30am On Feb 02, 2016
Kayode2ic:
hello AbujaNiv thanks for the good job and info on here.
I have a few questions
1. does the "accompany" section on the ds -160 form mean that the principal applicant and accompanying applicant will be attending the interview together ? Since the appointment letter is going to combine both ? ...... cos I've heard stories where they've been interviewed together and also where they've been separated
2. Is the accompany applicant required to present his/her own proofs (especially proof of income) since the principal applicant is the sponsor.

Hello Kayode2ic,

I think you're referring to the section on "Travel Companions" and/or "Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip". We only allow family members to interview together but if you are traveling with other people, regardless of blood relations, you should list them under "Travel Companions". Each individual that wishes to travel, whether they are minors or adults, requires his/her own DS-160. No documents other than passports and confirmation pages are required for the interview. Our officers are trained to adjudicate without any papers.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by zed7: 11:34am On Feb 02, 2016
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bhadmorse: 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hello VO, i have a valid 2yr b1/b2 visa, and i have been to U.S two times now.. I also want to apply for my wife, but i want to know if i need to attend the interview with her.. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello MrsDGN,

She will likely find out the reason during her interview.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Thanks for your response.

She went for the interview and her application was approved. No explicit reason for 'summoning ' just her. But I guess it doesn't matter anymore. Lol.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by oganlalasokun: 7:04am On Feb 03, 2016
Good morning Mr VO
Please I have this to clarify
I have been formerly married but divorced since last year but I have a child wit my ex wife
I have got my US visit visa since 2015 January and only visited the US just once where I spent just 7 days.
Recently I hearld that my ex-wife travelled to the US with my daughter who is just 5 years old, both of them went on a visiting visas which I am aware they got around last year September, I got mine in January.
Now, I plan visiting the US for vacation next week, and plans to spend just 3 weeks with my friend
Now, can I be asked questions about my ex-wife's who is currently in the US ? Reason I'm asking is that we r divorced and I don't even know her whereabout now, all I know is that she's still in the US since December when she went. I only follow her on the Facebook.
1) Can I be questioned about her, even though we r divorced
2) I don't have any evidence of us being divorced, must I get to the POE with evidence of the divorced ?
Thank you sir
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:17am On Feb 03, 2016
Bhadmorse:
Hello VO, i have a valid 2yr b1/b2 visa, and i have been to U.S two times now.. I also want to apply for my wife, but i want to know if i need to attend the interview with her.. Thanks

Hello Bhadmorse,

No, you don't have to and shouldn't attend the interview of your wife. She is an adult.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:23am On Feb 03, 2016
oganlalasokun:
Good morning Mr VO
Please I have this to clarify
I have been formerly married but divorced since last year but I have a child wit my ex wife
I have got my US visit visa since 2015 January and only visited the US just once where I spent just 7 days.
Recently I hearld that my ex-wife travelled to the US with my daughter who is just 5 years old, both of them went on a visiting visas which I am aware they got around last year September, I got mine in January.
Now, I plan visiting the US for vacation next week, and plans to spend just 3 weeks with my friend
Now, can I be asked questions about my ex-wife's who is currently in the US ? Reason I'm asking is that we r divorced and I don't even know her whereabout now, all I know is that she's still in the US since December when she went. I only follow her on the Facebook.
1) Can I be questioned about her, even though we r divorced
2) I don't have any evidence of us being divorced, must I get to the POE with evidence of the divorced ?
Thank you sir

Hello oganlalasokun,

Yeah you absolutely can be questioned about her. The truth is that your direct family member's actions can affect your visa applications and ability to travel. If your family goes to the US and violates our visa policies, it is more likely you will do the same.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ogunsope1759: 10:39am On Feb 03, 2016
Hello VO, I would like to make an inquiry, not sure if this is the right venue, just need some answers please

My wife and I applied for B1/B2 visa and we were denied yesterday 02/02/2016. Please how soon can we reapply and we would like to know where we made mistake in the last interview so we don't make such mistake again. This was how the last interview went;

Interviewer: How are you
me: I'm fine and you
Interviewer: Why are you going to the United States
me: Vacation
Interviewer: Why Texas
me: To sightsee, visit other cities too like Miami, NY...
Interviewer: How do you intend to move around this places
me: via flight
Interviewer: How long do you intend to stay there
me: One week
Interviewer: Have you ever travelled before
me: we both answered NO
Interviewer: What do you do?
Answer: Marketer in an oil company
Interviewer: And your wife:
she answered: Admin manager

That was all, then she said we didn't qualify... Please advice what step to take and how soon can we reapply...thank you very much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lamdec(f): 3:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hello,
Please I am a JJC in all these things so pardon me for the questions I want to ask.

Firstly I will like to relocate to the USA, in short that is my end aim, but to start with I want to apply for Masters and get an F1 visa.

However, I am married with a child and I read that an F2 visa holder can not work or study, but my child can go to school.

I will like to know how easy it is to get a job after my Masters so that I can adjust my status, and also how feasible is it that my husband can an employer who will be willing to adjust his status.
Or do we need to both apply for an F1 visa each, or should I apply for the J1 visa and reapply for a work permit after my two years residency expires. So many questions.

The thing I see a lot of people go for masters and invite their spouses, what do they do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
ogunsope1759:
Hello VO, I would like to make an inquiry, not sure if this is the right venue, just need some answers please

My wife and I applied for B1/B2 visa and we were denied yesterday 02/02/2016. Please how soon can we reapply and we would like to know where we made mistake in the last interview so we don't make such mistake again. This was how the last interview went;

Interviewer: How are you
me: I'm fine and you
Interviewer: Why are you going to the United States
me: Vacation
Interviewer: Why Texas
me: To sightsee, visit other cities too like Miami, NY...
Interviewer: How do you intend to move around this places
me: via flight
Interviewer: How long do you intend to stay there
me: One week
Interviewer: Have you ever travelled before
me: we both answered NO
Interviewer: What do you do?
Answer: Marketer in an oil company
Interviewer: And your wife:
she answered: Admin manager

That was all, then she said we didn't qualify... Please advice what step to take and how soon can we reapply...thank you very much.

Hello ogunsope1759,

It's not a matter of an interview going right or wrong. Each applicant is viewed holistically. We look at your applications and the information you share. We assess you afresh at each interview. At this time, it was deemed that you do not have enough ties here in Nigeria to compel a return at the end of your stay. This might change in the future, but in the mean time, we strongly discourage you from reapplying unless you can point to some sort of substantial change in your life/circumstances.

@brotundes, we can answer questions from here, thanks.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by brotundes: 5:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
Pls I want to confirm that is it true US embassies in nigeria will increase the visa fees on next week monday To 62k?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shithapuns: 5:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
this issue is making me a lil confused.
my wife has a visa interview soon..usa.
i already hv a visa.
anyneed her going to the interview with intro letter from my company, my 6months bank acct payslip etc?
i intend for her to go with a photo.copy of my visa page
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sisiorente: 5:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
Hi NIV, Please I have applied for US Visa for about 5 times over a period of 6 years. The last time I went for an interview, a small RED stamp was pasted on my Passport during the Screening. It used to be BLUE at the initial interviews. Please what does that indicate? Does it mean I have been flagged, because I heard people are flagged Red after they have been denied 5 times? And Is it also possible for me to know why I have always been denied. Is there a possibility of getting a VISA if I apply again?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ogunsope1759: 5:21pm On Feb 03, 2016
Abuja, no the states are not on the form, just Texas.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 03, 2016
Can a male visitor to d US use an opportunity to do a medical checkup or fitness check? There will be no recourse to public funds. The need to do a checkup is an after thought and not the primary aim of travelling.
If it would get one in trouble please kindly advice. Don't want any problems with the Yanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Reserved001: 12:00pm On Feb 04, 2016
Hello Vo, I applied and was issued a NIV while studying in the UK in 2014, since then I have visited the US twice from the UK. I have now returned to Nigeria and intend to revisit the US but will need to renew my NIVisa. My question then is; will I be eligible to use the Dropbox since my visa was not issued in Nigeria, or do I have to apply and book an appointment?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
brotundes:
Pls I want to confirm that is it true US embassies in nigeria will increase the visa fees on next week monday To 62k?

Hello brotundes,

Check your sources; our fee is not changing.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:34pm On Feb 04, 2016
shithapuns:
this issue is making me a lil confused.
my wife has a visa interview soon..usa.
i already hv a visa.
anyneed her going to the interview with intro letter from my company, my 6months bank acct payslip etc?
i intend for her to go with a photo.copy of my visa page

We don't require documents for our interviews.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.