Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE (55563 Views)

Do it urself importation: 1688.com Class / Solar Powered Fans For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by mufutau55(m): 1:42pm On Aug 02, 2014
DRealGeesam: Thank you sir. Yes i am back and. Here to guide you through all you need to know about solar power, boreholes, pumps, inverters and alternative energy.

DRealGeesam, because this thread has a lot to do with Buildings, you may also want to start another thread in Properties Forums where we deal mostly in Buildings, and since boreholes are used with buildings, it will surely help your exposure and we can learn from you too... Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 1:46pm On Aug 02, 2014
From
mufutau55
Thank you
sir. Yes i am back and. Here
to guide you through all you
need to know about solar
power, boreholes, pumps,
inverters and alternative
energy.
DRealGeesam, because this
thread has a lot to do with
Buildings, you may also want
to start another thread in
Properties Forums where
we deal mostly in Buildings,
and since boreholes are used
with buildings, it will surely
help your exposure and we
can learn from you too...
Thanks.
Hajji Mufutau

Thank you sir, i will try and make out time to do that.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hello OP @ DRealGeesam ... I av a question... If dey removed 13pvC used in flushing a drilled borehole... What could be d probable depth d drillers went to get d water.. Dey claimed to av drilled to aboutt70m.... can u use dis info to determine d depth dey drilled d borehole pls
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 5:03pm On Aug 02, 2014
From
meetmonde
Hello OP... I
av a question... If dey removed
13pvC used in flushing a
drilled borehole... What could
be d probable depth d drillers
went to get d water.. Dey
claimed to av drilled to
aboutt70m.... can u use dis
info to determine d depth dey
drilled d borehole pls

Lol
This your situation is funny cos, normally, flushing should be done with a pvc hose and you cant count it cos it is a continuous reel.
In your case it is not 70meters at all. if it was the common pvc pipes used the length is approximately 4 meters (rounding up) that gives u 52meters max
But if the flushing was done using the drilling shafts (which is a common method) (those metel rods that are used in drilling), then it is about 58meters deep
So the possible maximum depth you have is 58 meters.

Real depth is 45meter cos each suction pvc hose is actually 3.4meters

TIP
Always measure the drilling shafts before drilling starts so you can calculate the depth drilled.

Hope this helps sir.

1 Like

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2014
DRealGeesam: From
meetmonde
Hello OP... I
av a question... If dey removed
13pvC used in flushing a
drilled borehole... What could
be d probable depth d drillers
went to get d water.. Dey
claimed to av drilled to
aboutt70m.... can u use dis
info to determine d depth dey
drilled d borehole pls

Lol
This your situation is funny cos, normally, flushing should be done with a pvc hose and you cant count it cos it is a continuous reel.
In your case it is not 70meters at all. if it was the common pvc pipes used the length is approximately 4 meters (rounding up) that gives u 52meters max
But if the flushing was done using the drilling shafts (which is a common method) (those metel rods that are used in drilling), then it is about 58meters deep
So the possible maximum depth you have is 58 meters.

Real depth is 45meter cos each suction pvc hose is actually 3.4meters

TIP
Always measure the drilling shafts before drilling starts so you can calculate the depth drilled.

Hope this helps sir.
I tot as much.... Told dem but dey made it look as if am inexperienced cos dey av been doing d work for yrrs while I only studied geology in school.... And dey said I shldnt use dat as a yardstick and dat d pvc risers didn't toucch d ground... Thanks... I appreciate
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2014
meetmonde: I tot as much.... Told dem but dey made it look as if am inexperienced cos dey av been doing d work for yrrs while I only studied geology in school.... And dey said I shldnt use dat as a yardstick and dat d pvc risers didn't toucch d ground... Thanks... I appreciate

All you need to check the depth of a borehole is a bundle of marine rope, a heavy padlock and a tape.
Tie the rope to the padlock and lower it into the borehole until it goes slack. Then pull out and measure.

If you are supervising a drilling it is best to use the drilling shafts as ur standard. Measure it and count how many was used in the drilling. Then multiply. Usually each shaft is about 4.8 meters.

1 Like

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by klarke(m): 12:26am On Aug 03, 2014
hello DRealGeesam, God bless u for ur selfless service. I am interested in inverters.
my questions:
1. how much can I get a second hand inverter (12v,800-1000w)
2. can I connect more than one battery on a 12v 800w inverter? if yes. how?
3. how can I check if a battery is still usable (in case I want to buy fairly used ones)
thanks.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by bishop4life(m): 10:59am On Aug 03, 2014
Thanks a lot, I appreciate you
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 11:09am On Aug 03, 2014
bishop4life: Thanks a lot, I appreciate you
You are welcome sir
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by jpride(m): 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2014
Bros u too much .. May God bless ur effort.

Pls can u now run the installation processes of a solar powered borehole?
Again how do I construct local inverter?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 3:14pm On Aug 03, 2014
From klarke:

Question:
hello DRealGeesam, God bless
u for ur selfless service. I am
interested in inverters.
my questions:
1. how much can I get a second
hand inverter
(12v,800-1000w)
2. can I connect more than one
battery on a 12v 800w
inverter? if yes. how?
3. how can I check if a battery
is still usable (in case I want to
buy fairly used ones)
thanks.

Answer
I dont sell inverters , i also buy from the dealers.

A good inverter of the specification you gave (12v, 800-1000w) costs about 30,000

For the chinese ones with UPS capability, it costs 20,000 max

Chinese versions without UPS and battery charging capability costs about N10,000

A secondhand one would cost about 40% the price of the new one. So do your calculations.
2. Yes you can connect as many batteries as possible for ONLY the top brand inverter, not the chinese version (usually termed car inverter). For 12v inverters, you connect the batteries together in PARALLEL. This means you connect positive to positive and negative to negative then you connect to the inverter. Dont make mistakes

Checking if a battery is still good is done using an hydrometer. It is a very technical process that varies from electrolyte to electrolyte. Most deep circle batteries are sealed, so there is no way u can insert the hydrometer without damaging the casing. Just buy a new battery and avoid being a victim.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2014
From jpride:
Question
Pls can u now run the
installation processes of a
solar powered borehole?
Again how do I construct local
inverter?

I will start that soon
Building a local inverter is simple if you have a good background in physics or electrical electronics.
It involves a MOFET H bride, then a transformer that amplifies your 12v to 220v.
You can go on youtube and download videos, BUT be very careful while building it. Batteries are VERY EXPLOSiVE! So a wrong connection could easily put your life at risk.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by klarke(m): 10:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
DRealGeesam: From klarke:

Question:
hello DRealGeesam, God bless
u for ur selfless service. I am
interested in inverters.
my questions:
1. how much can I get a second
hand inverter
(12v,800-1000w)
2. can I connect more than one
battery on a 12v 800w
inverter? if yes. how?
3. how can I check if a battery
is still usable (in case I want to
buy fairly used ones)
thanks.

Answer
I dont sell inverters , i also buy from the dealers.

A good inverter of the specification you gave (12v, 800-1000w) costs about 30,000

For the chinese ones with UPS capability, it costs 20,000 max

Chinese versions without UPS and battery charging capability costs about N10,000

A secondhand one would cost about 40% the price of the new one. So do your calculations.
2. Yes you can connect as many batteries as possible for ONLY the top brand inverter, not the chinese version (usually termed car inverter). For 12v inverters, you connect the batteries together in PARALLEL. This means you connect positive to positive and negative to negative then you connect to the inverter. Dont make mistakes

Checking if a battery is still good is done using an hydrometer. It is a very technical process that varies from electrolyte to electrolyte. Most deep circle batteries are sealed, so there is no way u can insert the hydrometer without damaging the casing. Just buy a new battery and avoid being a victim.
thanks a lot for u response. it was insightful.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by jpride(m): 11:49pm On Aug 04, 2014
Apart from solar pumps, is there possibility of connecting to the common sumo?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 10:34am On Aug 05, 2014
jpride: Apart from solar pumps, is there possibility of connecting to the common sumo?
Sorry i dont understand the question. Connecting what to the common sumo pls?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by jpride(m): 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2014
Can d normal sumo be used in place of solar pump? thats my question
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2014
jpride: Can d normal sumo be used in place of solar pump? thats my question
No you cant connect solar panels to a conventional pump.
Conventional submersible pumps are AC (alternating current)pumps, solar pumps are DC (direct current) pumps.
To convert to Direct Current you need an inverter.
E.g a 1horse power pump needs 750watt for operation, but it wont even work because it needs what is called "start-up current) this is about 4-7 times the operational power so you have a need of up to 3kva needed on average.
The set up wont even work with just inverter and solar panels, batteries are very important to provide a sort of buffer.

The whole set-up will cost you A LOT of money and IT WILL NOT LAST because in electrical electronics, the more the components involved in the system the greater the probability of a malfunction. The weak link in this system is the battery and inverter even if you use the best products, it will NEVER be as efficient as a Solar Pump, neither will it last as long as a solar pump.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by brianromel(m): 12:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
Please check this tender out, I think you can handle it's installation. The tender is open till

http://www.tendersinfo.com/details
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by klarke(m): 12:26am On Aug 18, 2014
Hi Mr DRealGeesam,
I need ur advice.
I have 3 batteries (12v 200A),
one solar panel (12v 18w),
a battery charger and
a small inverter (12v 500w, ie .5kva).
I just need d unit for lightings and my laptop, maybe a fan.
How do I connect these pls. In ur last reply, u said if I connect d batteries in series I'll get 12v. I can do that.
But wat abt d amperes of the 3 batteries which equals 600. Will it tell on d inverter, since its a small one. Pls assist me. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 7:51am On Aug 18, 2014
klarke: Hi Mr DRealGeesam,
I need ur advice.
I have 3 batteries (12v 200A),
one solar panel (12v 18w),
a battery charger and
a small inverter (12v 500w, ie .5kva).
I just need d unit for lightings and my laptop, maybe a fan.
How do I connect these pls. In ur last reply, u said if I connect d batteries in series I'll get 12v. I can do that.
But wat abt d amperes of the 3 batteries which equals 600. Will it tell on d inverter, since its a small one. Pls assist me. God bless.

You mean 3 12V 200Ah batteries?!
That is TOO much for just charging laptop and lighting Especially if it is a 500watts inverter u are hooking up to it
I NEVER said you should connect the batteries in SERIES, i said connect them in PARALLEL. This means you connect, positive to positive all through and negative to negative all through, Please sir don't make mistake in this connection.
Please clarify the following
1. You said the solar panel is 18w. 18w cant charge 1 20Ah battery properly not to talk of 3 200Ah batteries
2. I attached a picture below is that the type of inverter you have? (I put the glasses beside it so you can have an idea of the size)
I will tell you more after you answer those question.
Thank you sir

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Allikola(m): 8:03am On Aug 18, 2014
how much is 100w solar panel & where can I get it in Lagos. kazeemalli@yahoo.com
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 8:34am On Aug 18, 2014
Allikola: how much is 100w solar panel & where can I get it in Lagos. kazeemalli@yahoo.com
100watt is scarce
Anyway it costs btw 15,000 to 22,000 for the top chinese brands

Costs btw 27,000 to 32000 for top brands like seimens, Bp, sharp...

But 100watts is quite scarce here in nigeria, importers prefer importing 40watts, 80watts, 130watts, 160watts and 240watts.
You can get in serial places along UNITY road Ikeja (around opebi) or ojota and the notorious alaba market.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by klarke(m): 9:31am On Aug 18, 2014
DRealGeesam:

You mean 3 12V 200Ah batteries?!
That is TOO much for just charging laptop and lighting Especially if it is a 500watts inverter u are hooking up to it
I NEVER said you should connect the batteries in SERIES, i said connect them in PARALLEL.

Yes 3 12v 200ah battery.
Sorry I meant parallel,
and d panel is 80w.
well d batteries are fairly used, I didn't buy them. I got them frm an uncle who bought new ones to replace those. I tested d batteries with digital batt tester and it says they are fair. I also got one panel 80w from him. He was d one who suggested I shld get a small inverter, like 500w...due to d cost, inverters are costly here in abj.
Yes, d inverter in d pic is same with d one. I'm yet to purchase it, though.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 10:02am On Aug 18, 2014
klarke:

Yes 3 12v 200ah battery.
Sorry I meant parallel,
and d panel is 80w.
well d batteries are fairly used, I didn't buy them. I got them frm an uncle who bought new ones to replace those. I tested d batteries with digital batt tester and it says they are fair. I also got one panel 80w from him. He was d one who suggested I shld get a small inverter, like 500w...due to d cost, inverters are costly here in abj.
Yes, d inverter in d pic is same with d one. I'm yet to purchase it, though.
Ok
The inverter cant work with any battery more than 60Ah.

It is better u get a locally built inverter, it will work with the 3 batteries together while saving u some cash.

Else just go for a very good 1200watts inverter, cos that specific 500 watt inverter easily blows up except the battery is a car battery size.

For the solar panels, u need at least 3 80watts panels to charge just one 200Ah battery in a day's worth of sunshine (about 8hrs)

You can charge the batteries one per day and use one charged battery per day.

This strategy will help u save cost.
Thank you
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by klarke(m): 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2014
DRealGeesam:

You can charge the batteries one per day and use one charged battery per day.

This strategy will help u save cost.
Thank you

Thnks 4 ur time bro, I appreciate u.
Do u knw d price range 4 d locally made ones?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by sddddjja: 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
see this best here www.seefutureincome.com
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
klarke:

Thnks 4 ur time bro, I appreciate u.
Do u knw d price range 4 d locally made ones?
Max is 15,000
How much was the 500watt inverter that you wanted to buy. I know it is sold for 7k at most, but how much was it priced where u wanted to get it?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by klarke(m): 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
they said its 8500. the one they sell 7000 is 300w.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by DRealGeesam(m): 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
klarke: they said its 8500. the one they sell 7000 is 300w.
Lol
It is 7000 for 500w
For a good locally built one with charging capability, ups, automatic change over you should not spend more than 15k.
All the best brother.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinese 'Sharprite' Store Opens Right Opposite 'Shoprite' In SA (PICS) / GTBankā€™s Segun Agbaje Spends $200,000 On New Mercedes Maybach / Young Lady Uses 250k Boyfriend Gave Her For Hair To Start Fried Yam Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.