Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,284 members, 7,954,120 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:42 PM

Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE (56319 Views)

Do it urself importation: 1688.com Class / Solar Powered Fans For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by klarke(m): 1:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
DRealGeesam:
Lol
It is 7000 for 500w
For a good locally built one with charging capability, ups, automatic change over you should not spend more than 15k.
All the best brother.

Thanks bro
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by jethro2: 11:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
DRealGeesam:

Lol
It is 7000 for 500w
For a good locally built one with charging capability, ups, automatic change over you should not spend more than 15k.
All the best brother.
How can one get your mail or no?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 02, 2016
What is the cost of a borehole somewhere in the south-south?
A rough estimate will do.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Rehobot: 9:19am On Aug 26, 2016
nice one,and would like to get your contact if you are still there, thanks.
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by youngice(m): 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2016
DRealGeesam:

Please give me the details of what u intend to use the borehole for, is it home use, community use or industrial use?
If it is home use, there is absolutely NO WAY U WILL USE 2,000 liters a day talkless of 15000 liters
Anyway to answer your question,
the average depth of borehole in osogbo is 140feet to 250feet.
ONLY use compressor rigs else those regular rigs that they drag along would just waste ur time and money they are so limited in power and they cant drill through rocks on time (they will spend weeks doing a job that only takes 3hrs max)
For osogbo and Ilesha, drillers charge 450k-650k (from my experience with them) you can ask around for their latest prices. (Remember only go for good air compression rigs for efficiency)

For the solar pump that would give you your 15,000 liters (pls verify cos this looks industrial it could be too much or too little)
For that capacity, buy a grundfos sqflex 2.5 or a Lorenzo solar pump, or a sun pump (cos of the amount of water you need and reliability)
These pumps range from 265k to 300k in the market (NOT SOLD IN OSOGBO, cos i am from osogbo smiley ) so go to ibadan or lagos

You will need at least 8 solar modules of 80watts each to guarantee good current even at low sun shine. Depending on the brand you are buying
Common chinese products cost 15,000 and less (some are even very cheap)

Top brand chinese products cost about 20,000 (very reliable)

Top brands such as BP, Seimens, sharp, grundfos cost between 25,000 to 35,000
The choice is yours( they dont all have the same lifespan and efficiency)

Always buy monocrystalline not polycystalline solar modules

The price of the panels depends on the suppler, many sell at inflated prices and rebrand the panel (ask alaba boys)

Then u buy pipes, marine ripe and 4mm 4 core flex wire for the installations

Hope this helps
All the best
I hail your good work
Why not polycrystalline SP

2 Likes

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by clementy117(m): 10:19pm On Oct 15, 2016
Hi Sir,
My Uncle has a bore hole for demostic use. It uses a 1.5HP pump, but because of the quality of light from the national grid they sometimes don't pump when there is need. I will like to know if solar power system can be used for the borehole pump alone and at what cost(estimate)?

1 Like

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by spindr(m): 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
good day, pls i need a Solar pump for my home, how much 1.5HP
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by SolnergyPower: 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2018
Solar Pump!!!

We just completed the installation of a solar pump for a water tank of 50,000 litres capacity!

Products used

a. Grundfos Pump
b. Grundfos CU200 Box
c. 20 units of 100W solar panels
d. Cables

Distance between well head and the tanks stand is almost 120 metres!!!

You may ask any question.

Our details:

0803-334-3911, 0803-860-4143.
Solar@SolnergyPower.com

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by SolnergyPower: 3:51pm On Jan 06, 2018
more...

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by efuro(m): 5:03pm On Jan 06, 2018
SolnergyPower:
Solar Pump!!!

We just completed the installation of a solar pump for a water tank of 50,000 litres capacity!

Products used

a. Grundfos Pump
b. Grundfos CU200 Box
d. Cables

Our details:

Solar@SolnergyPower.com

Great.

Beta soup na moni
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by SolnergyPower: 5:07pm On Jan 06, 2018
Thank you sir.

efuro:

Great.

Beta soup na moni
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by Evaowokotomo(f): 1:27am On Jan 02, 2021
Can I have your WhatsApp number sir?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by bixton(m): 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2021
SolnergyPower:
Solar Pump!!!

Products used

a. Grundfos Pump
b. Grundfos CU200 Box
d. Cables

Our details:

Solar@SolnergyPower.com

Good day Sir
Please what would be the present cost of doing same ?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by oduz: 5:51am On Nov 01, 2021
Kudos to OP & various contrbutors
Nice thread, but seems in coma & needs to bee re-vitalised ....
I'll like to patronise any expert in this field that is readily available for a farm project in Ogun State ....
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by geesampower(m): 7:42pm On Jan 29, 2022
DRealGeesam:

Mowe has a sedimentary basement meaning you have almost a 100% chance of getting fresh water at about 150 feet (40meters) to 230 feet (70meters). The well casing must be what we call "cased-down" meaning u should ensure that if you drill 70 meters then the casing too should be 70 meters cos the sedimentary basement is highly collapsible.

Advice: dont use air compression to drill in this region. They make the basement unstable they are best for an igneous rock basement.

Drilling in this area is very cheap too.

Should you do survey? I will say yes

Make sure you do a proper chlorification of the hole to this water treatment gets rid of microbes in the hole

Ask on anything that is not clear, i will answer.

Hope this helps

Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by geesampower(m): 10:09pm On Jan 30, 2022
DRealGeesam:
We lost our thread due to the data loss on this forum.
LET ME SHOW YOU HOW YOU CAN CONSTRUCT YOUR OWN SOLAR POWERED WATER SUPPLY SYSTEM
Here i will FULLY answer ANY question on
*BOREHOLE DRILLING
*SOLAR PUMPS
*SOLAR PANELS
*STANCHION CONSTRUCTION (tank stand)
Etc

NOTE i dont need you to involve me (except it is absolutely neccessary) though i look forward to helping out in any way i can, BUT more importantly i hope to give you enough information right here so that you can DO IT YOURSELF
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by geesampower(m): 10:53pm On Jan 30, 2022
investnow2013:
Hei,please can I have your number?
Re: Solar Powered Borehole Full CONSTRUCTION (PICTURES) DO IT URSELF GUIDE by seunfoster: 12:24am On Oct 16, 2023
@DrealGsam, I am happy to stumble on your thread today. Unfortunately for me, I did a borehole project on a site where we were about to start the building project. The project manager is considering buying a generator for pumping water to be used daily but I am personally convinced that there could be a better and cheaper to go about it if we search the internet hence the reason for stumbling on this thread.

My question now is how do we effectively manage the cost of pumping water daily as we all know that fuel is very expensive now and to get a reliable generator in Nigeria is another course work on its own.

Any help you can render or advice you can give will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why The Naira Is Now Gaining Against The Dollar / Coronavirus: Aliko Dangote Donates 600-Bed Isolation Centre To Kano (Pictures) / I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.