Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey (18090 Views)

The Importance Of Studying The Word Of God (the Bible) / Muslims Proving Islam Is God's True Religion By Seeking The Bible: / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by davidif: 9:24am On Aug 30, 2014
torchwave: @davidif, I haven't seen it and I can't watch it at the moment for some reasons. However, when I do I shall let you know what I think.

Trust me, it's a must watch man.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by nd07(m): 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ds is d kind of forum i hv coveted ever since. i was havin an morning devotion wt ma family few days ago & in Gen chapter 16 i noticed d kind of relationship conversation dt existed btwn Abraham & God & i wondered how possible in d time wen d Holy Spirit was nt yet manifested can ds kind of relationship be. D kind we r still finding so difficult to achieve in ds era of grace. honestly i saw where i needed a lot of work in my life. if i'll have such rapport wt God, so many things i pass tru tday wuldn't hv been. i got annoyed wt my self even wt God. i was like how can HE be so liberal to piple of old & keep us in d dark in ds era. i hv many ?s demanding answers. i hv on several occasions locked up my self in hotel rooms far away d comfort of my house, fasting & praying seeking His face. though sometimes i saw some amazing response, sometimes i ended up in frustration & regret. my daily early morning personal fellowship is nt regular bcs i sometimes get annoyed when i earnestly longed 2 hear His voice & nothing happened. now my bizness is almost facing storms. i hv been asking Him to know if i'm 2 leave or stay. after 2days inquiry in a hotel room, i decided traveling abroad 4 a change of biznes, thinkin dt i heard Him giving me go ahead. i traveled & came bk, all d money i invested gone. i still give Him praise while earnestly looking up to hear HIM truely.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Elijah78: 11:52am On Sep 05, 2014
@mbaemeka: While waiting on you to redirect your question here, i will start addressing it. also note that torchwave the author of this thread had answered similar questions concerning the fact that it is still possible to hear God speak directly to anyone who desires. I encourage you to read through all the posts in this thread. Before i continue, i will wish that you note the following and i quote:

""Abraham didn’t belong to the First Baptist Church. Moses didn’t go the big Presbyterian Church downtown. David didn’t go to the so-called “spirit-filled” Charismatic Church in the shopping center and follow all the phony miracle meetings that came through town. Jeremiah definitely didn’t get his training in organized religion; he had some pretty nasty things to say about it. And Isaiah wasn’t the president of a seminary or the leader of a denomination. The men and women you read about in the Scriptures who knew and experienced God were not involved in religion.
They had a real relationship with God that was the result of their submission and obedience to Him and His personal, active involvement in their lives.

My Bible tell me that God's character (Who He is) and nature (what He does) cannot change.

Lets look at
Jeremiah 7:22-24
Keep in mind that this follows immediately after God’s comment on the futility of religious activity. This is what He says.
"Because during the time that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, I did not say anything to your fathers, nor did I give them any instructions concerning ritual offerings and sacrifices. Only one thing did I command them, which was this: Listen to Me and obey My voice, and I will be your God and you will be My people; and walk in all the ways that I instruct you that it may be well with you; but they would not obey, they would not listen. Instead, they followed what was in their own minds to do. They followed their own twisted stubbornness. They were determined to go backward, instead of forward."
In plain English God is saying that He never required religious activity, He never commanded it, He didn’t want it then and He doesn’t want it now. Instead, all He wants is a personal relationship where people listen to Him and obey Him. He never intended for us to twist what He says, make up our own religious systems and try to atone for our rebellion and failures with religious activity.

“The Lord is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you.” (II Chronicles 15:2)

“Earnest effort is required to force your way through the narrow door that leads to salvation - to God! Many think they will enter this door, but will not be able to, because they were not willing to do what they had to do. They made a fatal mistake. Instead of being diligent and persistent in their pursuit of God, they simply followed the foolish crowd.” (Luke 13:24)
If you’re going to follow Jesus, you have to be willing to spend the time and effort required.

In John 5:39 Jesus confronts the religious notion that knowing about God is tantamount to salvation:
“You’re continually studying the scriptures, taking great pains to learn all you can about God; because you think mere words are the way to eternal life. But with all the knowledge you’ve gained, you still don’t understand that these same scriptures point to Me as the only way of salvation.”

John 6:27-29, “Stop wasting your time and energy on the things that don’t matter. Instead, give the best of both to gain the only thing that does matter - eternal life. If you do what I’m telling you to do, I have the Father’s permission to give you this life. Then, those who were listening to Him asked, What are we supposed to do? What does God want? And Jesus answered, This is what God requires: that you learn (by experience) to trust in the One Who He has sent.” . N/B. To experience God is to have a one on one personal relationship with Him. It has nothing to do with others experiencing God for you, which is what is obtain in religion (the pastors etc experience God for you?)

Think about this: the world, the flesh and the Devil want to make salvation easy. But, God says salvation is difficult, because, to achieve it, we must overcome the world, the flesh and the Devil.

If i sincerely seek God, then God is bigger than the devil! The devil can't show up.
seeking God is not a one year or one day or one month affair. Because you read that i have been seeking God for the past months, to you it sound ridiculous but the same bible that we both read says it is a keep on knocking, keeep ooonnnnn etc

2 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 11:44pm On Sep 05, 2014
Elijah78, that was inspiring. It also spoke to me as I believe it will speak to others. God bless.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by mbaemeka(m): 12:16am On Sep 06, 2014
Elijah78,

First off this is not a response to my question neither is it in anyway related to anything I know or stand for. I never said I didn't believe in hearing from God. I said you won't hear from God and I told you why: the Person of the Godhead who makes it possible for someone to hear the voice of God is the Holy Spirit and you cannot blaspheme him and expect him to speak.

He is a gentle person- if he is grieved he would not abandon you but he would not manifest himself to you till you repent from your actions and ask him for forgiveness. So you might as well add that to your programme on hearing from or seeking the face of God.

On another note, please study indepth and with the help of God's Spirit. He never told you that Salvation was difficult or requiring much effort for it doesn't depend on anything you have to do or achieve for him. He already came in the flesh to make salvation possible without your even asking for his help- indeed when you were still very dead in sin.

So don't miss it. You get saved first (you receive his salvation) then you develop your relationship with him. You receive eternal life and then you use it to suppress the flesh. You don't follow Christ so he can defeat the devil for you; You are in him already and therefore above Satan and his cohorts because he has already defeated them. That's the gospel I know and yes I have a personal relationship with God that I continue to foster as I await his appearing.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 12:20am On Sep 06, 2014
@ nd07, I'm glad you found this thread especially because it involves the most important thing in life - seeking God.

I understand God has called you, like us and many others out there, to seek Him. It is IMPOSSIBLE to seek God unless He calls you to seek Him. Therefore, everyone here seeking God or inspired to seek God has the special call and blessing from God to seek His Face.

I only have a piece of advice for you.

Anyone who sets out to seek God already has the grace and ability to find Him. However, not many who seek God find Him. It is only those who are relentlessly and stubbornly determined in their search for God find Him. Only those who in their search for God do not give up no matter the length of time have the very blessed privilege of finding Him.

This has helped me on countless occasions to keep seeking God when I feel like giving up because I know that if I do not give up my search for Him, then I shall be counted among those who hear the voice of God. It is just a matter of time.

I pray God grants us the desires of our hearts.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 12:46am On Sep 06, 2014
Right now, I'm going through a very difficult phase of seeking God.

This is why I have not been able to update the thread on my journey.

Whatever the battle or challenges or difficulties I face, I am always victorious because God has made me more than a conqueror.

Hopefully, next week I shall continue updating the thread on my journey to see the Face of God.

One thing I do have to tell you, I will never give up seeking God neither will I abandon this thread even after its purpose has been achieved. I will continue to be here for others here or yet to come to help them achieve the same experience.

So help me God.

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Elijah78: 9:51am On Sep 06, 2014
[quote author=mbaemeka]Elijah78,

First off this is not a response to my question neither is it in anyway related to anything I know or stand for. I never said I didn't believe in hearing from God. I said you won't hear from God and I told you why: the Person of the Godhead who makes it possible for someone to hear the voice of God is the Holy Spirit and you cannot blaspheme him and expect him to speak.

Here is your question from the other thread
mbaemeka:

When you hear from God I will respond to your question even if you avoided mine. While at it ask shdemidemi if it is possible to hear from God. I will like to see his "accurate" response to that question.
Now i can see that this question was actually a mockery. You were not willing to learn anything. I gave you answer's to your questions with scripture also on the fact that it is possible to hear from God and infact it is what is required of us. I also told you the fact that you spotted out that i don't agree with shdemidemi on this particular issue doesn't mean that in future we can't agree either in what he believes or what i believe. Note: Now i am getting into my 6month of seeking God, and know that He will respond even if it will take a lifetime.

Here is another Question:
mbaemeka: How can you prove the message you believe is right and what others believe is wrong??

Food for thought ''How then could you ever find the real God amid the religions of the world that portray Him in so many different ways?''

The Person of the Godhead who makes it possible for someone to hear the voice of God is the Holy Spirit and you cannot blaspheme him and expect him to speak He is a gentle person- if he is grieved he would not abandon you but he would not manifest himself to you till you repent from your actions and ask him for forgiveness. So you might as well add that to your programme on hearing from or seeking the face of God.

Firstly i wish to let you know that i am not interested in manifestations as they do not guarantee me eternal life rather as you can see i am interested on having a one on one discussion with God which is possible. also if i have grieved the Holy spirit, then i ask God for forgiveness and i repent i.e i do not go back to commit the same sin. It is not a matter of adding to my programe of hearing from God, it has always been part of the program even to the extend that i ask God to this length "Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins."—Psalm 19:13.
Secondly scripture tells me that and i summarize ''It is the Father that reveals Jesus to us through the Holy Spirit when we have diligently seek Him''

John 6:37:
"All those My Father gives to Me will come to Me. And I will never reject anyone who comes to Me."

The next verse is John 6:44.
"No one is able to come to Me unless the Father draws him and gives him the desire to come to Me. Then I will raise him up from the dead on the last day."

John 6:45, This is what it says.
"As it is written in the book of the Prophets, And they shall all be taught of God and have Him for their own, personal Teacher. Everyone who has listened to the Father and learned from Him will come to Me."

On another note, please study indepth and with the help of God's Spirit. He never told you that Salvation was difficult or requiring much effort for it doesn't depend on anything you have to do or achieve for him. He already came in the flesh to make salvation possible without your even asking for his help- indeed when you were still very dead in sin.

Is that why you go about defending sinful acts by Christians? Even Paul call does who disobeyed God by their names, and that is one of the characteristics or an elder, to be able to confront false ''pastors'' without fear or shame.
Anyway see here:

Luke 13:24
"Earnest effort is required to force your way through the narrow door that leads to salvation – to God! Many think they will enter this door, but will not be able to, because they were not willing to do what they had to do. They made the fatal mistake. Instead of being diligent and persistent in their pursuit of God, they simply followed the foolish crowd." (Luke 13:24)

The earnest effort Jesus is talking about is the "keep on asking, keep on seeking and keep on knocking". you know the scripture i hope. And it is nothing different from our journey here with God, where we go to His presence everyday and hear nothing and next day we still go hoping to hear Him one day.

And to say and think that salvation is is what you have imagined in your mind, then read this: salvation is not a ''one stop shop'' according to my bible. salvation is a journey on a predetermined path as Paul said (running a race). You most finish the course (all what planned for you to go through in life before the foundation of the world - The WILL OF GOD).

“Following Me is like building a new barn. You have to count the cost. If you don’t have enough money, you’ll put in the foundation, maybe get part of the walls up, and have to quit before you get the roof on. People will make fun of you behind your back, because you started something you couldn’t finish. If a king decides to go to war against another king, if he’s smart, the first thing he’ll do is try to find out if his army is strong enough to defeat the other king. If it’s not, he’ll send someone to work out a truce. So, let me put it this way, if you’re going to follow Me, you’d better know what you’re getting yourself into. Because this is the bottom line: if you’re not willing to give up everything that’s dear to you, you can’t be My disciple. You must be able to focus totally on Me, able to set aside every distraction. Otherwise, it’s useless. It won’t work! Do you understand what I’m saying?” (Luke 14:28-35)

So don't miss it. You get saved first (you receive his salvation) then you develop your relationship with him. You receive eternal life and then you use it to suppress the flesh. You don't follow Christ so he can defeat the devil for you; You are in him already and therefore above Satan and his cohorts because he has already defeated them. That's the gospel I know and yes I have a personal relationship with God that I continue to foster as I await his appearing.
Sorry i don't follow christ to defeat the devil for me. You have read my several post and should know by now that these your teachings are not new to me. Because Jesus died to restore the fellowship between man and God, that is what i am going for, The fellowship as it was in the garden of Eden. I love to have good time with God my Father.
salvation requires that we give up the control of our lives to God; we can’t be in charge anymore!So if God desires that i defeat the devil, then let His will be done. if His will is that i be tormented by the devil, then let His will be done. This is how Paul said it:
“Don’t you know your body is a sacred place? It’s where the Holy Spirit lives now. He’s God’s special gift to you (God’s presence inside of you, all the time). And your life no longer belongs to you. It belongs to God. It’s bought, and paid for - at a precious cost. So honor God and bring glory to Him through your submission and obedience.” (I Corinthians 6:19-20)
How can the Holy Spirit lives in you and you are still designing your life?, imagining how you have authority? , entertaining your flesh with manifestations etc. Your body is no longer your own so let the Will of God be done there!

Back to this your question here again
mbaemeka:
When you hear from God I will respond to your question even if you avoided mine. While at it ask shdemidemi if it is possible to hear from God. I will like to see his "accurate" response to that question

I now now that you were actually laughing at my determination but be rest assured that God will respond even if that will be at point of death(it is not 1 or 2 or 3 or4 days, months years decades but he promise to respond)

Let me show you how God responds when we are serious about seeking Him.

It’s found in II Chronicles 15, and this is how it shakes out.
"…The Lord is with you while you are with Him. If you will seek Him, He will be found by you. But if you are indifferent towards Him and forsake Him, He will forsake you." (Verse 2)

"So they agreed together to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers. With all their heart they desired Him and with all their soul they sought after Him." (Verse 12)

"And all Judah rejoiced, because they had sworn with their whole heart and sought Him with their whole desire, and He was found by them. And the Lord gave them both rest and peace." (Verse 15)

Look at the advice David gives to his son Solomon in I Chronicles 28:9.

"And you Solomon my son, know the God of your father [have personal knowledge of Him, be acquainted with, and understand Him; appreciate, heed and cherish Him] and serve Him with a blameless heart and a willing mind, for the Lord searches all hearts and minds and understands all the wanderings of the thoughts. If you seek Him [inquiring for and of Him and requiring Him as your first and vital necessity] you will find Him; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever!" (Amplified Version)

This is Hebrews 11:6.
"But without faith it is impossible to please Him. And those who intend to come near to God must, by necessity, believe that He exists and that He will respond with kindness and generosity to those who earnestly and diligently seek for Him."

If you don’t learn to recognize His still, small voice, you can’t please Him. But if you seek after Him, He will respond to you and you will learn to recognize His voice. It’s His promise, not mine.

This is Matthew 7:9-11.
"And is there any man who, if his son asks him for a loaf of bread, will hand him a stone? Or if his son asks for a fish, will he hand him a serpent? If you then, as evil as you are, know how to give your children the things they need, how much more should your Father Who is in heaven know how to give you the things that you need?"

To think that if you seek after Him with a sincere heart the devil is going to show up instead?. Who’s in charge anyway? Neither the devil nor his demons are able to do anything without God’s knowledge and permission.

Matthew 11:27-30. This is a paraphrase
"All of these things that I have to tell you and the things I have to do have been entrusted to Me by My Father and they’ve come to Me out of the intimacy He has with Me and I with Him, and I’m willing to share that intimacy with anyone who is interested. Are you weary? Are you burdened down with all this religious garbage? Come with Me, I’ll show you how to get some relief. Walk with Me and learn, see how I do it. When you’re intimate with the Father, you won’t resist His purpose and you’ll be determined to please Him, no matter what. Try it; it really works. Your soul will be satisfied, the emptiness gone. Stay with Me and you’ll learn that living the way I do (in an intimate relationship with the Father) frees you from all the restrictions and burdens others try to put on you."

That's the gospel I know and yes I have a personal relationship with God that I continue to foster as I await his appearing.
Note that the gospel you know cannot in anyway replace the gospel of our Lord and Saviour. I know of no other passage in Scripture that is any more pertinent to our situation today than the following. This is Isaiah 55:6-9.
“Seek the Lord while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts. Let him turn to the Lord for mercy, and to God for forgiveness. For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts.”

I am happy that you have a personal relationship with God and you have continued to foster it. It was your place to come here and share what you are experiencing in that relationship, how you got to it, etc as you can see many of us came here on this thread for that purpose and many are seeking to know how to experience what you are experiencing with God.as for me, you can see that i have not had any experience yet. I personally try to answer some of the questions, which you also should have come in to help, instead you go around trying to portray that i will never have a relationship with God that is real! I wonder what your aim is.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Elijah78: 12:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
torchwave: Elijah78, that was inspiring. It also spoke to me as I believe it will speak to others. God bless.
Amen! May His Will be done in our lives.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Image123(m): 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
Bitterness and strife would greatly hamper your cause.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by mbaemeka(m): 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
Elijah78,

It was a challenge reading through your post because you made alot of pleonastic references not pertaining to me or the subject matter in discuss.

I asked you that question to prove to you that your beliefs were inconsistent. You cannot in one breath say you are waiting on God to speak to you audibly and in another breath say that someone who healed a sick person by the power of God is a false prophet or whatnot and I told you why: because the Holy Spirit, who makes the voice of God manifest to you is the same person who causes miracles of healings to happen. So if you tell him his miracles are wrought by evil spirits and then kneel from now till eternity asking him to speak to you, you will be waiting in futility because you would not hear him.

Another point you made which is laughable really is the one about saying you don't want any manifestations of his person and yet you are on this thread talking about seeking him. Brother, hearing from him is one of the ways he manifests himself to those who have a relationship. So quit the contradictions and understand my points well.

Moreso, you talked about defending what you call sinful acts by Christians. I should ask you to add unsubstantiated media-inspired sinful acts when you talk and then I will ask you how you could confirm it before you passed judgment. You see, because you cannot confirm anything and by so doing pass wrong judgment you are advised to shut up and let God be the real judge. He didn't send you to do it.

Have you studied Jesus' response to John the Baptists disciples when they came to ask him if he was the Messiah that was expected? What did Jesus do? Did he not direct them to his works and then whisper to them to tell John not to be offended by him.

Jesus secretly scolded John but when he Praised John, he did so openly and I take my cue from Jesus. I know I am a member of his body; flesh and bones and I don't take it for granted. I don't glory in the 'purported' shortcomings of others, instead I go on my knees making prayerful intercessions for them because of our union in Christ.

The people we ought to be circumspect of are those who take joy in trying to bring other christians down for that is against the Spirit of Christ. We ought to have natural love for anyone who calls upon the name of the lord. That was my own Christian upbringing. Maybe yours was different and I can tell you plainly that I do not envy you.

If you understood a whiff of the salvation you say you are "striving" on to get then you would throw away the striving part and just rest in the rest that God has already provided through christ. You talked about going to God's presence everyday and I heard the Spirit say "that's why many of my children live like I don't exist. They think they come and go away from my presence but they don't, for I am in them and they are in me always".

We don't go and come into the presence of God- No, we live there. We aren't matching into Zion, we are already there. That gospel of trying to enter through the narrow way is not from God. Many have already entered into God and are living there presently. If you could understand this it would revolutionize your walk with God.

I saw what you said about if God wills it I will defeat the devil and if he doesn't I will be tormented by the devil and again the Spirit spoke "it's a lie, it's a lie, it's a lie". God has already defeated the devil on our behalf and then he gave us his name to enforce his victory over the devil. That teaching about being tormented by the devil is a lie from the very one who was cast down from heaven who would like to make himself appear powerful-Not to those who know who they are in Christ.

Of course, Christian maturity is about surrendering your personal ambitions and letting God's take preeminence but we are not ignorant of Satan's devices. He will attack you with sickness and have you believe that God is "humbling" you and that is a big lie! For God has already taken away sicknesses from us by Jesus' death on the Cross. So we cannot lump all of them together. We must learn to hear from God himself in all situations which is what I agree with.

As for the rest of your drivelling about seeking and what not, again I say to you that I am not against desiring to hear from God and waiting on him. I only told you some of the things that can hinder you and blasphemy is a major one. Ignorance is another and inability to pray in the Spirit is another.

Ignorance, for example someone says God's ways are not our ways, his thoughts and not our thoughts etc. Ok. Jesus said he is THE way. If you know Jesus you know God's way. Paul said let this mind be in you which was also in Christ. If you know Christs thoughts you can know God's too. Afterall the essence of relationship is so that we can get to know whoever it is we desire a relationship with and the person who we are taught by scripture to have a relationship with is the Holy Spirit.

It is when we learn to understand him through fellowship that we can distinguish his voice from that of our minds or the devil's as the case may be.

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Elijah78: 4:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
[quote author=mbaemeka]Elijah78,

It was a challenge reading through your post because you made alot of pleonastic references not pertaining to me or the subject matter in discuss.

I asked you that question to prove to you that your beliefs were inconsistent. You cannot in one breath say you are waiting on God to speak to you[b] audibly[/b] and in another breath say that someone who healed a sick person by the power of God is a false prophet or whatnot and I told you why: because the Holy Spirit, who makes the voice of God manifest to you is the same person who causes miracles of healings to happen. So if you tell him his miracles are wrought by evil spirits and then kneel from now till eternity asking him to speak to you, you will be waiting in futility because you would not hear him.
I never said i was waiting for an audible voice from God. For your information God's voice is described as isin Elijah’s experience in[b] I Kings 19:12.[/b] The words "still" (the Hebrew demamah) and "small" (daq) literally means silent and indistinguishable. Still, small, silent! Also for your information note that people volunteered for His recovery. The scripture is against ''men'' using the power of God at their will, so why should i not doubt what is going on! like i said, i do not have the spirit of discernment because i don't know if the devil will show up to help me discern. people say if you want God to talk to you, the devil will show up, yet they are confident to say there asked God for the spirit of discernment and God gave it, how ridiculous? As for me i prefer God than the powers and spirits.

Another point you made which is laughable really is the one about saying you don't want any manifestations of his person and yet you are on this thread talking about seeking him. Brother, hearing from him is one of the ways he manifests himself to those who have a relationship. So quit the contradictions and understand my points well.
Well i understood that you mean feeling as in ''anointing things''. God does not and will not reveal Himself to me in ways that are obvious to my natural senses. If i quit the thread, will you be very happy?

Moreso, you talked about defending what you call sinful acts by Christians. I should ask you to add unsubstantiated media-inspired sinful acts when you talk and then I will ask you how you could confirm it before you passed judgment. You see, because you cannot confirm anything and by so doing pass wrong judgment you are advised to shut up and let God be the real judge. He didn't send you to do it.

Have you studied Jesus' response to John the Baptists disciples when they came to ask him if he was the Messiah that was expected? What did Jesus do? Did he not direct them to his works and then whisper to them to tell John not to be offended by him.

Jesus secretly scolded John but when he Praised John, he did so openly and I take my cue from Jesus. I know I am a member of his body; flesh and bones and I don't take it for granted. I don't glory in the 'purported' shortcomings of others, instead I go on my knees making prayerful intercessions for them because of our union in Christ.

The people we ought to be circumspect of are those who take joy in trying to bring other christians down for that is against the Spirit of Christ. We ought to have natural love for anyone who calls upon the name of the lord. That was my own Christian upbringing. Maybe yours was different and I can tell you plainly that I do not envy you.

look at Ephesians 5:11 and note why you have to expose the deeds of
And have nothing to do with the unfruitful works of darkness. Instead, expose them for what they are.
why not also go on your knees and intercede for us/me here instead of referring to people as demon infested. Is this not hypocrisy on your side? How did you know that people are demon infested! Let God be the Judge as you said.

I do not glory in bring people down. May be it is you who claim to have the Holy spirit yet go around calling people demon infested brains. I told you i do not have the Holy spirit in Me yet! At the end of the day, God is the Righteous Judge. Also note that i do not have any spiritual upbringing like you who''s believes i will definitely not admire, yet you had a spiritual upbringing and cannot talk like someone who did. I didn't have and i repeat this.

If you understood a whiff of the salvation you say you are "striving" on to get then you would throw away the striving part and just rest in the rest that God has already provided through christ. You talked about going to God's presence everyday and I heard the Spirit say "that's why many of my children live like I don't exist. They think they come and go away from my presence but they don't, for I am in them and they are in me always".
I am very familiar with the teachings brother, so now i chose what i have chosen. The presence of God is all the times if you have read the posts in this thread you will obviously know that we know that the presence of God is all the times, and if i say i went to His presence it is hard for you to understand me because we are not treading the same path. He wants to deliver me from the bondage of what i am by changing me into who He is. That is my salvation. I can’t resist pointing out the fact that the word translated "salvation" in the New Testament means "deliverance". And we could all understand God’s purpose a little more clearly if we used the word deliverance instead of salvation. God wants to deliver me. God will not magically transform me in the absence of my willing participation in the process. Neither will He accept my attempts to reform myself in the absence of His active participation (this is religious morality, the self-righteousness that He hates). that is my salvation and i have told you it is not a ''one stop shop'' for me. I am very satisfy with this.

We don't go and come into the presence of God- No, we live there. We aren't matching into Zion, we are already there. That gospel of trying to enter through the narrow way is not from God. Many have already entered into God and are living there presently. If you could understand this it would revolutionize your walk with God.
The teachings are very familiar, read all my posts and you will know that i have once been there and now i am out! I can even help you expand your knowledge in those teachings as i can see your are still a novice there.

I saw what you said about if God wills it I will defeat the devil and if he doesn't I will be tormented by the devil and again the Spirit spoke "it's a lie, it's a lie, it's a lie". God has already defeated the devil on our behalf and then he gave us his name to enforce his victory over the devil. That teaching about being tormented by the devil is a lie from the very one who was cast down from heaven who would like to make himself appear powerful-Not to those who know who they are in Christ.
Suffering is part of the deal brother whether you like it or not. did paul suffered, what about Peter, Stephen James etc, did they consider it the devil's attack or what? what about Abraham, did he consider sacrificing his son as a request from the devil? I am going to chose what God wants for me, i am not going to accept what man wants for me including all kinds of sufferings because if i look up the scripture i will see that great men and women of God suffered.

Of course, Christian maturity is about surrendering your personal ambitions and letting God's take preeminence but we are not ignorant of Satan's devices. He will attack you with sickness and have you believe that God is "humbling" you and that is a big lie! For God has already taken away sicknesses from us by Jesus' death on the Cross. So we cannot lump all of them together. We must learn to hear from God himself in all situations which is what I agree with.
Jesus died on the cross to restore the fellowship between God and Man, to wash away the sin that prevented man from a direct relationship with God. Paul was sick, was it the devil's device? God can do anything on me, so long as it will strip me of my self and conform me to His image. i am ready.

As for the rest of your drivelling about seeking and what not, again I say to you that I am not against desiring to hear from God and waiting on him. I only told you some of the things that can hinder you and blasphemy is a major one. Ignorance is another and inability to pray in the Spirit is another.
If you read through this thread and more precisely the thread that was lost, you will know that we have all been sharing our experiences, including the good, bad and urgly, if i come here tomorrow share my experience saying that i blasphemed against the Holy Spirit and this was my experience after the incident which i asked God for forgiveness and repented, where will you be, i can see that you are happy and praying that i should never hear from God, because you said so in one of your questions. How do you know that i blasphemed? why are you judging me yet you say let God be the Judge? Why can't you go and pray for me and come here and update me? So if you see a foolish child you cannot correct? Noting is going to hinder me. Those are the devices of the devil if i may discern anything.

Ignorance, for example someone says God's ways are not our ways, his thoughts and not our thoughts etc. Ok. Jesus said he is THE way. If you know Jesus you know God's way. Paul said let this mind be in you which was also in Christ. If you know Christs thoughts you can know God's too. Afterall the essence of relationship is so that we can get to know whoever it is we desire a relationship with and the person who we are taught by scripture to have a relationship with is the Holy Spirit.
You cannot know christ thoughts until God reveals christ to you through the Holy Spirit. and i repeat i do not have the Spirit of God in me as now. When i will, i will still come here to share my experience. Just hope that i am not blocked again. if you read my post you will see that i have been blocked severaly and i will not be willing to open another account. But however i will always visit this thread to encourage myself self in my journey of seeking His face.

It is when we learn to understand him through fellowship that we can distinguish his voice from that of our minds or the devil's as the case may be.
I am still on my journey of seeking God and there is no turning back. I am not interested in feeling God or what so ever. God doesnot want that i should learn to understand Him. he wants that i should know Him in a personal relationship. I am interested in that personal relationship with Him. Thats all.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by mbaemeka(m): 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
Elijah78,

Before I made a post directed at you I could already discern that all was not right and you have confirmed it. No wonder you are so confused about the basic teachings concerning the gospel- the one you want to have us believe that you are so grounded in.

I put it to you today that you are not saved and as such have no part in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Which explains why you are striving to enter; trying to go to God's presence; and wanting to hear from God's voice both still and audible. Or how do I explain the situation were a supposed Christian impetuously asserts that he doesn't have the Holy Spirit in him. That is not just hapless, it is actually worrisome how you would then expect to drink daily from that fresh anointing that comes from on high.

I have made it a personal mission of mine to intensify my efforts towards praying for you as yours may not be a case of sheer ignorance (which I once suspected), it might just be that you are pandering to the whims of seducing spirits from the darkness that surrounds this present world that you and I still live in.

As per exposing the unfruitful works of darkness as taught by Paul, we thank God he said exposing 1) Unfruitful works; meaning they produce no results and 2) that the works and not the person's teaching the works were to be exposed. The question we would now ask you is what are those unfruitful works of darkness?

Do you mean that a woman who got her femur smashed to virtual pieces during an accident yet was able to walk out after the anointing was administered by the word of God is an unfruitful work of darkness?

Do you mean that unstopping deaf ears, blind eyes, making the lame to walk and dematerializing tumours by the name of Jesus are unfruitful works of darkness?

Then what are the fruitful works of light as stipulated in the scriptures and what were Paul and all the other apostles known for? How could you also corroborate their testimonies and yet deny the one's that happen before your very eyes?

The answer is already clear to me. You do not have the Holy one of God resident in you and as such you have believed in vain. Christ is not lord of your life and your sins are still in tact. And as such you are sin conscious and dead in your sins and will never hear the 'still' voice of God.

You also called me a novice and that should be the funniest thing I have heard all year. Your Pastor (if you had one) cannot call me that let alone you who is still rambling between ignorance and Agnostism. You are still waiting to be delivered when Paul has already told us by the Holy Spirit that we have already been delivered from the power of darkness and have been made to sit in the Kingdom of God's dear son in light.

Keep waiting to be delivered and striving to come into zion. When you get there let us know. But while at it keep your new revelations of Paul being sick and God testing Abrahams faith as possible signs of affliction to yourself. Because someone who hasn't entered the kingdom will not be able to bring others in (and I pray to God that this statement doesn't pass you by).

This might be my last post to you on this regard.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Elijah78: 7:59am On Sep 08, 2014
mbaemeka: Elijah78,

Before I made a post directed at you I could already discern that all was not right and you have confirmed it. No wonder you are so confused about the basic teachings concerning the gospel- the one you want to have us believe that you are so grounded in.

I put it to you today that you are not saved and as such have no part in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Which explains why you are striving to enter; trying to go to God's presence; and wanting to hear from God's voice both still and audible. Or how do I explain the situation were a supposed Christian impetuously asserts that he doesn't have the Holy Spirit in him. That is not just hapless, it is actually worrisome how you would then expect to drink daily from that fresh anointing that comes from on high.

I have made it a personal mission of mine to intensify my efforts towards praying for you as yours may not be a case of sheer ignorance (which I once suspected), it might just be that you are pandering to the whims of seducing spirits from the darkness that surrounds this present world that you and I still live in.

As per exposing the unfruitful works of darkness as taught by Paul, we thank God he said exposing 1) Unfruitful works; meaning they produce no results and 2) that the works and not the person's teaching the works were to be exposed. The question we would now ask you is what are those unfruitful works of darkness?

Do you mean that a woman who got her femur smashed to virtual pieces during an accident yet was able to walk out after the anointing was administered by the word of God is an unfruitful work of darkness?

Do you mean that unstopping deaf ears, blind eyes, making the lame to walk and dematerializing tumours by the name of Jesus are unfruitful works of darkness?

Then what are the fruitful works of light as stipulated in the scriptures and what were Paul and all the other apostles known for? How could you also corroborate their testimonies and yet deny the one's that happen before your very eyes?

The answer is already clear to me. You do not have the Holy one of God resident in you and as such you have believed in vain. Christ is not lord of your life and your sins are still in tact. And as such you are sin conscious and dead in your sins and will never hear the 'still' voice of God.

You also called me a novice and that should be the funniest thing I have heard all year. Your Pastor (if you had one) cannot call me that let alone you who is still rambling between ignorance and Agnostism. You are still waiting to be delivered when Paul has already told us by the Holy Spirit that we have already been delivered from the power of darkness and have been made to sit in the Kingdom of God's dear son in light.

Keep waiting to be delivered and striving to come into zion. When you get there let us know. But while at it keep your new revelations of Paul being sick and God testing Abrahams faith as possible signs of affliction to yourself. Because someone who hasn't entered the kingdom will not be able to bring others in (and I pray to God that this statement doesn't pass you by).

This might be my last post to you on this regard.

I mean you are a novice in those teachings that i said i am familiar with. Note the miracles i have witness were all a scam and it was very clear. I can assure you that it is better for me to join a different religion or become agnostic or atheist etc, than to mingle with what i told you i left for good, or to follow your teachings. first and famous, you don't teach in humility and i wonder which of the many gods you represent.
Note and i repeat i will always update on this thread about my journey, and nothing, even you can stop me. Keep praying that i should never see God (It makes me know that your god is like that, he answers such prayers but not over me).

Address issues in the appropriate threads and continue to dream that you have an impact.

I asked you to assist us, and share with us your experience with God, you go around throwing insults on people who do not agree with your logos and talk talk. Anointing doesn't guarantee me heaven. I have given you scripture as to why i do what i am doing, instead of you enlightening me, you go around like your father.

You have to humble yourself. That is the advice i am giving you.

You call yourself a christian yet you address people like some one who has never known God. Read Johns letters, you will know that ""if you say to love God and still hate your brother, then you don't know God''
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by mbaemeka(m): 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2014
Elijah78:

I mean you are a novice in those teachings that i said i am familiar with. Note the miracles i have witness were all a scam and it was very clear. I can assure you that it is better for me to join a different religion or become agnostic or atheist etc, than to mingle with what i told you i left for good, or to follow your teachings. first and famous, you don't teach in humility and i wonder which of the many gods you represent.
Note and i repeat i will always update on this thread about my journey, and nothing, even you can stop me. Keep praying that i should never see God (It makes me know that your god is like that, he answers such prayers but not over me).

Address issues in the appropriate threads and continue to dream that you have an impact.

I asked you to assist us, and share with us your experience with God, you go around throwing insults on people who do not agree with your logos and talk talk. Anointing doesn't guarantee me heaven. I have given you scripture as to why i do what i am doing, instead of you enlightening me, you go around like your father.

You have to humble yourself. That is the advice i am giving you.

You call yourself a christian yet you address people like some one who has never known God. Read Johns letters, you will know that ""if you say to love God and still hate your brother, then you don't know God''

You don't seem to read posts well or maybe you don't understand what you read.

You are not a Christian. You are not Saved. You do not have the Holy Spirit of God in you. You WILL NEVER hear the voice of God.

You didn't leave anywhere to come here. You were never part of where you were. Demas saw all the miracles Paul did and heard all the teachings yet he still abandoned Paul because of his fear of persecution. Judas betrayed Jesus.

There's nothing hidden under the sun. The only way has been revealed to men over 2000 years ago. Any other way without the Holy Spirit is from thieves and Robbers. But God's sheep will know his voice and will refuse the one's from strangers. But those who do not have God's Spirit will be misled and we be 'being' misled till God has mercy on them.

Keep striving bro. When you have entered let me know.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Elijah78: 9:13am On Sep 10, 2014
mbaemeka:

You don't seem to read posts well or maybe you don't understand what you read.

You are not a Christian. You are not Saved. You do not have the Holy Spirit of God in you. You WILL NEVER hear the voice of God.

You didn't leave anywhere to come here. You were never part of where you were. Demas saw all the miracles Paul did and heard all the teachings yet he still abandoned Paul because of his fear of persecution. Judas betrayed Jesus.

There's nothing hidden under the sun. The only way has been revealed to men over 2000 years ago. Any other way without the Holy Spirit is from thieves and Robbers. But God's sheep will know his voice and will refuse the one's from strangers. But those who do not have God's Spirit will be misled and we be 'being' misled till God has mercy on them.

Keep striving bro. When you have entered let me know.

I will let you know, and that will be when God reveals His son to me by the power of the Holy Spirit. Read my posts to see scripture supporting this. If you have any contrary opinion let me know, through scripture. How do you know someone who has the spirit of God?
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by benjibabs(m): 7:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
@Elijah78,

Below are some scriptures and notes for you to consider in respect of your statement below and others on this thread.

I'm sure by the time you get through to the end, you will feel like there are contradictions in the bible. Be rest assured that the bible is plain and perfect.

================
I just sincerely wish to share with you some facts in scripture concerning When the Holy Spirit starts to play a role in our lives, and that role is to reveal us to Jesus so that Jesus can led us. It is the Father that reveals Jesus to us through the Holy Spirit when we have diligently seek Him. It is not possible and I repeat, it is not possible to say ''Holy Spirit I invite you into my life"" and the Holy Spirit will come just like that. I will gradually take us from a background and led us to the main point in scripture. Please bear with me.
===============
Romans 8:14New King James Version (NKJV)

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God , these are sons of God.

John 14:6New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me .

Romans 8:9New King James Version (NKJV)
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His .

Ephesians 1:13-14 New King James Version (NKJV)
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who[a] is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Read the whole of acts 10 to get the full picture, but see this excerpt below to wet you appetite:

Acts 10: 44- 48 New King James Version (NKJV)
While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who heard the word. 45 And those of the circumcision who believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out on the Gentiles also. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues and magnify God.

Then Peter answered, 47 “Can anyone forbid water, that these should not be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then they asked him to stay a few days.

- -- Note that the folks who received the Holy Spirit in Acts 10 were unbeliever, but they received the Holy Spirit while Peter was still sharing the message of salvation - no striving, no pain , no asking for Holy spirit, no prayer of the sinners said, no altar call, no seeking of the father for months or fervent prayers etc. What do you think about this?

How do we received the Holy Spirit? We receive the Holy Spirit by simply receiving the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior (John 3:5-16).

When do we receive the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit comes to live in us the moment we believe (Ephesians 1:13-14)

How can I be saved?

John 3:16New King James Version (NKJV)
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Acts 16:31New King James Version (NKJV)
31 So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Ephesians 2:8-9New King James Version (NKJV)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Once a sinner* believes* in Jesus, the sinner receives* salvation*, Holy Spirit* comes to live* in the "new* person" (no longer a sinner) and the new person can now have a relationship* with the father* (through the Holy Spirit).

You need full understanding of each word with asterisk in the above statement in order to comprehend the statement.

The message of salvation through Jesus Christ is actually so simple that you will need someone to help you to miss it.

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Elijah78: 6:51am On Sep 11, 2014
@benjibabs,

Thank you very much for showing me mercy!. I highly appreciate it!
Now i have some questions for you:
- How do i **believe in Jesus**?
- How am i *saved through Faith**?

In summary if i believe in Jesus i have received **received salvation** and the Holy spirit will come to live in me. And the grace comes through FAITH

Please also kindly let me know the meaning of the words:
- Believe
- Faith
- Salvation
I think this will enhance my understanding.

Once again thank you very much for showing me mercy!
*Mercy* is eleos, used to describe a concern for the misery of others that has come as a result of their lack of submission and obedience to God, and must be accompanied with a willingness to help.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 12:00pm On Sep 12, 2014
Elijah78, Mbaemeka, and Benjibabs, please let's quit the argument. It has not only taken the thread a completely different route from the one originally intended but has also succeeded in killing the spirit and interest of participation in that regard.

Seeking God is the primary purpose of the thread. Every other thing should be related to that by way of advice, helpful tips in seeking God, challenges in seeking God, sharing as well as documenting experiences in seeking God and the likes so that those who read them will be strengthened and blessed, thus they will be encouraged to persevere in seeking God.

Remain blessed as you do this.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Elijah78: 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
torchwave: Elijah78, Mbaemeka, and Benjibabs, please let's quit the argument. It has not only taken the thread a completely different route from the one originally intended but has also succeeded in killing the spirit and interest of participation in that regard.

Seeking God is the primary purpose of the thread. Every other thing should be related to that by way of advice, helpful tips in seeking God, challenges in seeking God, sharing as well as documenting experiences in seeking God and the likes so that those who read them will be strengthened and blessed, thus they will be encouraged to persevere in seeking God.

Remain blessed as you do this.

Noted and with apologies. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2014
Elijah78:

Noted and with apologies. Thanks
Your understanding and attitude are worthy of emulation. I should be the one thanking you for even very much more things.

Tell me, how's your journey to see the Face of God?
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Busybody2(f): 8:32am On Sep 21, 2014
torchwave: Right now, I'm going through a very difficult phase of seeking God.

This is why I have not been able to update the thread on my journey.

Whatever the battle or challenges or difficulties I face, I am always victorious because God has made me more than a conqueror.

Hopefully, next week I shall continue updating the thread on my journey to see the Face of God.

One thing I do have to tell you, I will never give up seeking God neither will I abandon this thread even after its purpose has been achieved. I will continue to be here for others here or yet to come to help them achieve the same experience.

So help me God.

Amen in Jesus' name.

Whatever your lot, the Lord has taught us to say IT IS WELL WITH OUR SOUL...
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Busybody2(f): 8:34am On Sep 21, 2014
Here Torchwave

Verse 1:
Oh Thou who knowest my beginning,
Thou who created the plan,
who orchestrated my life's journey;
God, You are my God.

Verse 2:
God of decisions, Creator of answers,
Thou who ordained my way,
through my transition, held my position;
God, You are my God.

Chorus 1:
I will forever give You praise,
honor and celebrate Your name,
God of the past, present, and Who is to come;
oh (God, You are my God).

Verse 1

Chorus 2:
(I will) forever give You praise,
(honor and) celebrate Your name,
(God of the) past, present, and Who is to come;
God, You are my God.

(I will) forever give You praise,
(honor and) celebrate Your name,
(God of the) past, present,
and Who is to come,
Who is to come...

Bridge:
Whatever You do with (me) it's alright,
(You have my total trust), You have my trust.
(Glory and) honor, (dominion and) power;
(God, You are my God).

Vamp:
God, oh God,
You are the only wise God.

Ending:
(Oh Thou who knowest my beginning),
(God, You are my God).

God, You are my God.
(repeat as desired)
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Busybody2(f): 9:03am On Sep 21, 2014
chrisviral:

Well I have tried identifying the "divine purpose" for my life but nothing, gets more complicated with each dream I keep having, and all people keep telling me "you are a great man" " God is particularly interested you" "you are some divine kid" huh, yet everything is so so difficult for me, Even when I try harder than others, nothing freaking works.
Face it, the love isn't equal, God loves me, Yes, that's why I am alive and breathing and healthy but that where the love ends, others are lucky to enough to enjoy the love to get whatsoever they want...

And BTW I have asked like 10 pastors to pray for me to just get a clearer understanding of what the "divine purpose" is hmmmm nothing!
Damn I even prayed for God to help me serve him, nothing, sometimes I'm tempted to say maybe he doesn't even care (I ask for forgiveness) but right now, im getting confused and I don't know what to think anymore!

chrisviral:

Well I will wait for busybody.

In the same boat as you, but you are a very commendable person, and at such a young age too, infact I envy and admire your strength and zeal a lot...I have learnt a lot from you and still need to learn more Sir

When I found out, I was told all I needed to know pretty quickly but shutdown and tried to run and rebelled...until I stumbled on Torchwave's thread...and just one email from him put things into perspective for me...and I have been able to draw strength from his subsequent posts.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by chrisviral(m): 9:16am On Sep 21, 2014
Busybody2:

In the same boat as you, but you are a very commendable person, and at such a young age too, infact I envy and admire your strength and zeal a lot...I have learnt a lot from you and still need to learn more Sir

When I found out, I was told all I needed to know pretty quickly but shutdown and tried to run and rebelled...until I stumbled on Torchwave's thread...and just one email from him put things into perspective for me...and I have been able to draw strength from his subsequent posts.

Learn from me? Lol I av got nothing worth teaching someone.
Anyway thanks for the encouragement.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Busybody2(f): 12:05am On Sep 29, 2014
chrisviral:

Well I have tried identifying the "divine purpose" for my life but nothing, gets more complicated with each dream I keep having, and all people keep telling me "you are a great man" " God is particularly interested you" "you are some divine kid" huh, yet everything is so so difficult for me, Even when I try harder than others, nothing freaking works.
Face it, the love isn't equal, God loves me, Yes, that's why I am alive and breathing and healthy but that where the love ends, others are lucky to enough to enjoy the love to get whatsoever they want...

And BTW I have asked like 10 pastors to pray for me to just get a clearer understanding of what the "divine purpose" is hmmmm nothing!
Damn I even prayed for God to help me serve him, nothing, sometimes I'm tempted to say maybe he doesn't even care (I ask for forgiveness) but right now, im getting confused and I don't know what to think anymore!

chrisviral:
Learn from me? Lol I av got nothing worth teaching someone.
Anyway thanks for the encouragement.

You accepted and set out to find out more information to figure out the next step, and you are around age 19, ...on my own part, I ran, and dodged and tried every excuse in the book to avoid it. That is why I need to doff my hat to you again and again and again.

God loves you a lot. He cares about you greatly to the extent of earmarking some assignments He wants you to carry out for Him in the nearest future. And since It has been confirmed to you severally that God has set you aside because He has a special plan outlined for you, all you need is cultivate patience by the bucketload, keep seeking His face and pay attention to your dreams... God is gradually building up the crescendo to your divine purpose in life.

And please be careful where you go for all these "lookery" stuff before they harvest your future and convert it for nefarious purposes to gain more diabolical powers...

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by chrisviral(m): 3:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
Busybody2:

You accepted and set out to find out more information to figure out the next step, and you are around age 19, ...on my own part, I ran, and dodged and tried every excuse in the book to avoid it. That is why I need to doff my hat to you again and again and again.

God loves you a lot. He cares about you greatly to the extent of earmarking some assignments He wants you to carry out for Him in the nearest future. And since It has been confirmed to you severally that God has set you aside because He has a special plan outlined for you, all you need is cultivate patience by the bucketload, keep seeking His face and pay attention to your dreams... God is gradually building up the crescendo to your divine purpose in life.

And please be careful where you go for all these "lookery" stuff before they harvest your future and convert it for nefarious purposes to gain more diabolical powers...

Thanks alot!
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 7:54am On Oct 06, 2014
So......I've been through the worst storm of my life. September ushered in a terrible flood that almost drowned my spiritual life.

As a result, I could not make any updates concerning my progress in seeking God because that, too, was adversely affected tried as best as I could.

However, through the storm God never left me. He never left me. That I see clearly.

Now it is calm. My journey continues. My destination - to see the Face of God.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 8:10am On Oct 06, 2014
Hi Bisybody2

Thank you so much. I may not know the tune of the hymn but I do know the words speak to me like they are my words but from the lips of another person. I find myself in a valley in my walk with God where my only means of survival is complete trust in Him to lead the way.

When everything does not make sense then I should praise Him more because I trust Him to make all things work for my good.

How've you been? It's been long since we spoke. How's family?
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 8:08am On Oct 13, 2014
I'm sooo hungry for the personal reality of God in my life. I desire the personal touch of God, His Presence, to hear His comforting words when I'm down, to know Him face to face and be able to distinguish His voice from other voices the way I know every member of my family.

I thirst deeply for God. I thirst desperately for Him.

I long to know God personally. I want to be close to Him, to walk with Him, to talk with Him. It is the very essence of my existence. I desire to be filled to the brim daily with His Presence, to spend all the days of my life, and my last breath on earth in blissful communion with my Saviour.

Knowing God intimately is the greatest desire of my heart. It precedes every ambition, plan or desires. It is the ultimate goal of my life....and when I know Him, I want to know Him even more...and more.

Oh the sweet hunger for God... Good morning Father, good morning Lord Jesus, good morning precious Holy Spirit.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by bluish(f): 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
torchwave:
I'm sooo hungry for the personal reality of God in my life. I desire the personal touch of God, His Presence, to hear His comforting words when I'm down, to know Him face to face and be able to distinguish His voice from other voices the way I know every member of my family.

I thirst deeply for God. I thirst desperately for Him.

I long to know God personally. I want to be close to Him, to walk with Him, to talk with Him. It is the very essence of my existence. I desire to be filled to the brim daily with His Presence, to spend all the days of my life, and my last breath on earth in blissful communion with my Saviour.

Knowing God intimately is the greatest desire of my heart. It precedes every ambition, plan or desires. It is the ultimate goal of my life....and when I know Him, I want to know Him even more...and more.

Oh the sweet hunger for God... Good morning Father, good morning Lord Jesus, good morning precious Holy Spirit.
I admire ur zeal,and determination in seeking and knowing GOD.My prayer is that GOD will reward u even as u diligently seek him.

All is well
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 10:43am On Oct 16, 2014
Thank you bluish. It is well with you, too, my sister.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How I Listen To The Audio Bible (my Advice) / Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? / Will Your Name Be In The Book Of Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 252
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.