Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,461 members, 7,812,409 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) - Health (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) (102160 Views)

Reps Committee Calls For Overhauling Of NHIS, NAFDAC / National Health Insurance Scheme And State Own Hospitals. / National Health Insurance Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Gboliwe: 6:53pm On May 28, 2018
Chili89:
@ gboliwe can a business person enrol for NHIS? I mean: Does he or she have to be working with either Fed Gov or Private Company befr one can enrol for it? undecided undecided

Every single individual can and should have a health insurance regardless of his place or status of employement

1 Like

Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Gboliwe: 6:55pm On May 28, 2018
tolats:
Please, how many months does it take from the start of NHIS first registration (fed worker or vcship) to it's usage in any chosen HCP? Thanks in anticipation
one month. Registration has been improved to biometric capturing.

1 Like

Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Chili89: 9:15pm On May 28, 2018
Gboliwe:

Every single individual can and should have a health insurance regardless of his place or status of employement
Thanks alot!!!

Please do you know their office address in Kaduna State?
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by MrBigiman: 10:43pm On May 28, 2018
Gboliwe:

The government can do more. Even students going to UK for masters must buy an insurance plan. If the government ensures that every University student buys a basic plan it wouldn't be a bad idea. Also, even taxable firm must enroll it's employee to a plan and that enrollee is entitled to 3-4 dependents, then the health coverage will improve drastically.

Well done.
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Nobody: 1:48am On May 29, 2018
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Nobody: 1:52am On May 29, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 4:56pm On May 29, 2018
Chili89:
@ gboliwe can a business person enrol for NHIS? I mean: Does he or she have to be working with either Fed Gov or Private Company befr one can enrol for it? undecided undecided

yes a business person can enrol.
first their must be a minimum of 10 staff in the organisation.
I will advice you go to any of our NHIS office close to you for more detail about Organised Private Sector(OPS)
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by tolats(m): 6:19pm On May 30, 2018
Gboliwe:
one month. Registration has been improved to biometric capturing.
Thanks so much for your response
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by tolats(m): 6:28pm On May 30, 2018
upmanagers:

for vcship its 2months while for fed worker it could be 2 or 3months.
Thanks much for all the infos so far.

Pls if I may ask, why would federal worker's take longer?
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 9:06pm On May 30, 2018
tolats:
Thanks much for all the infos so far.
Pls if I may ask, why would federal worker's take longer?
very soon it will be a monthly thing.

1 Like

Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by tolats(m): 9:35pm On May 30, 2018
upmanagers:

very soon it will be a monthly thing.
Info well received. Thanks a bunch
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Chumani(f): 10:12am On May 31, 2018
GOOD MORNING,

I will like to be enlightened on this NHIS stuff, can a market woman enrol for NHIS?

If yes, what's the procedure?
Cc: Gboliwe, upmanagers
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Khulkhat: 12:36pm On May 31, 2018
Does primary care cover CS for private hospitals? and is it true that if I want to register as a married woman I must also register other members of my family I.e my husband and kids?
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Gboliwe: 6:05pm On May 31, 2018
Chumani:
GOOD MORNING,

I will like to be enlightened on this NHIS stuff, can a market woman enrol for NHIS?

Yes a petty trader, artisan, individual, groups and associations can enrol and enjoy the benefits of the scheme.

Permit me to tag/cc MAAYOITHMO, it's their line of business to make available health insurance for those who do not work with the federal government.

Khulkhat:
Does primary care cover CS for private hospitals? and is it true that if I want to register as a married woman I must also register other members of my family I.e my husband and kids?

Primary care does not cover CS in any hospital either public or private. CS is a secondary care.

You can register yourself alone but it is more beneficial
to get your whole family registered

1 Like

Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Chumani(f): 9:58pm On May 31, 2018
Gboliwe:

Yes a petty trader, artisan, individual, groups and associations can enrol and enjoy the benefits of the scheme.

Permit me to tag/cc MAAYOITHMO, it's their line of business to make available health insurance for those who do not work with the federal government.

Thanks ma for the response/refferal
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Khulkhat: 8:10am On Jun 01, 2018
@gboliwe ,thanks for responding. Its just that when I made enquiry they told me that was an old policy that the new policy required registering the full family.I don't really understand. Does it have any thing to do with the HMO?
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Gboliwe: 10:23am On Jun 01, 2018
Khulkhat:
@gboliwe ,thanks for responding. Its just that when I made enquiry they told me that was an old policy that the new policy required registering the full family.I don't really understand. Does it have any thing to do with the HMO?

Are you a federal worker?

If no, then it's unique to that HMO.

Let me call MAAYOITHMO to come online jare

1 Like

Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2018
Chumani:
GOOD MORNING,

yes u will b covered under the NHIS vcship program, visit any of our office in your state.
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Niggafckyou07(m): 11:23am On Jul 16, 2018
Good morning Mr gboliwe! I want to register someone under the vcship and I have some questions. Am I going to pay first or register on Nhis website? I was told that that i will pay #15,000 by a family friend but there is nothing like vcship under purpose of pay on remita. Should i visit NHIS office before making payments?
Reply asap Thanks.
Cc: gboliwe
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Gboliwe: 11:46am On Jul 16, 2018
Niggafckyou07:
Good morning Mr gboliwe! I want to register someone under the vcship and I have some questions. Am I going to pay first or register on Nhis website? I was told that that i will pay #15,000 by a family friend but there is nothing like vcship under purpose of pay on remita. Should i visit NHIS office before making payments?
Reply asap Thanks.
Cc: gboliwe
Yes please visit NHIS.

What state are you in?
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Niggafckyou07(m): 7:12am On Jul 17, 2018
Gboliwe:
Yes please visit NHIS.

What state are you in?
From Osun state but traveled to nhis office which is close to Oyo state secetariat in ibadan. Traveling to Ibadan was important and quite stressful for me as the journey is the only way, based on someone's opinion, to register with a federal HMO that I will use in Osun state. Thanks sir
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Gboliwe: 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2018
Niggafckyou07:
From Osun state but traveled to nhis office which is close to Oyo state secetariat in ibadan. Traveling to Ibadan was important and quite stressful for me as the journey is the only way, based on someone's opinion, to register with a federal HMO that I will use in Osun state. Thanks sir

Sorry, but I don't understand you.

There is a NHIS office in Osogbo-Osun state

You can register anywhere and use a facility anywhere within the borders of Nigeria

Why embark on a stressful journey to register when so many things are made available for you without stress?
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by ezef2k4(m): 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2018
I went to an NHIS office here in Benin city to make inquiries about registration processes. The lady i met there told me I have to pay #15,000 since I work in the private sector.

She explained I will be enrolled after payment, then I will wait for 2 months before my name will appear in their register.

I will then be given a letter to the hospital of my choice. I told her I was told am to be given an Identity card, she said they only issue a letter to my hospital.

Please, is this the new norm or is she trying to scam me?
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Gboliwe: 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2018
ezef2k4:
I went to an NHIS office here in Benin city to make inquiries about registration processes. The lady i met there told me I have to pay #15,000 since I work in the private sector.

She explained I will be enrolled after payment, then I will wait for 2 months before my name will appear in their register.

I will then be given a letter to the hospital of my choice. I told her I was told am to be given an Identity card, she said they only issue a letter to my hospital.

Please, is this the new norm or is she trying to scam me?

You should be given an ID card but the Nigerian factor won't let things be the way they should. If you wait for the ID card, you may wait out the 1year so they improvise with the letter I guess
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by wanger50(m): 2:46am On Jul 24, 2018
I'm a spousal beneficiary and was disappointed today when I went for care and the hospital's pharmacy didn't have any of the drugs prescribed for me by their Doctor . How do I seek redress?Meanwhile,it's been years and I and my spouse has yet to be given ID cards.Our HMO is Total Health
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Adayoung(f): 7:02am On Jul 24, 2018
Good day guys, please ppl concerning THT what are different and what do they cover.
Also does the Platinum plan cover for CS for ones spouse ?
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Adayoung(f): 6:06pm On Jul 24, 2018
??
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 3:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
Adayoung:
Good day guys, please ppl concerning THT what are different and what do they cover.
Also does the Platinum plan cover for CS for ones spouse ?

when you say platinum you are talking about the HMO's(THT) private plan which is different from NHIS plan. NHIS plan covers CS but you will need to check with your HMO since you are covered under their private plan
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by upmanagers: 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2018
wanger50:
I'm a spousal beneficiary and was disappointed today when I went for care and the hospital's pharmacy didn't have any of the drugs prescribed for me by their Doctor . How do I seek redress?Meanwhile,it's been years and I and my spouse has yet to be given ID cards.Our HMO is Total Health

so sorry for the inconvenience, I will advice that your husband report the hospital to your HMO or make complaints in any NHIS office close to you and he can also decide to change to a better hospital that will treat you and your family well and have drugs on standby for enrollees

1 Like

Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Gboliwe: 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2018
Dear Spiceeamiee kindly read through this thread.
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by Naomi1990: 3:17am On Nov 04, 2018
I just registered in a maternity center and I was introduced to NHIS, they asked me to pay 5100k and I was told my delivery will be free, drugs and things I'll need for delivery. how true is this should I just get my things ready?
Re: Nhis(national Health Insurance Scheme) by adams123: 9:32pm On Nov 04, 2018
Does NHIS covers MRI & CT SCAN of waist? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic That Killed Over 50Million Globally / See The Rat That Causes Lassa Fever / Female Chorister Discovered To Be A Man After Death In Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.