Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,771 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (250673 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 10:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
A Crucial Hadith Never Told

Visit any nearby traditional mosque today, for performing ablution, there are two separate sections barred from each other, one for men and the other for women. Ask the mosque committee of the reason for this gender segregation and you will get no less than the following two responses.

They will reply that;
a. "Islam forbid mingling of men and women, with the mosque being a center of worship, this prohibition must be even more seriously observed".
b. "Islam stipulates a woman 's hair and feet must be covered in presence of non-related men, performing ablution requires the uncovering of these body parts and thus women must be secluded from men while performing ablution to prevent men from sighting their hair or feet."

So this mean Muhammad and his followers did keep the same tradition of secluding women from men during ablution in the mosque, right? Well, from the Hadith am about to present before you the answer is flat "No".

Malik Muwatta>>Book of Purity>>Hadith 15
Yahya related to me from Malik from Nafi that Abdullah ibn Umar used to say that men and women used to do wudu together in the time of the Messenger of Allah.

This short hadith lay to waste the doctrine of gender segregation or hijab in mainstream Islam. The implications of it are;
a. Unlike we find today in traditional mosques, Muhammad neither segregated men from women during ablution nor rule gender segregation.
b. Muslim women in the time of Muhammad did uncover their hair and feet before non-related men since they performed ablution together with these men, hence the doctrine of hijab wasn't recognized by these women or Muhammad.

Funny enough, traditional Hadith translators often chose to translate the word "Nessa"(women) in this Hadith as wives, the insincere motive behind this is clear. Three months ago, i presented a paper on face-Veil in this section strongly criticizing and debunking the doctrine of hijab. As expected, a segment of conservative Muslims here didn't find my work palatable and resorted to the most vile verbal assault, quietly deleting my points or argument. You may read my full Paper.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by kazlaw2000: 4:56am On Jul 06, 2015
usermane:
A Crucial Hadith Never Told

This short hadith lay to waste the doctrine of gender segregation or hijab in mainstream Islam. Paper.
Hasty conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 5:30am On Jul 06, 2015
kazlaw2000:
Hasty conclusion.
Alright, can you give a proper conclusion?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 6:08am On Jul 06, 2015
Salam alaikum usermane, Your doctrine you trying to sell us will not work. kazlaw was right. I have always warned you with respect to quoting solitary hadith to draw your conclusion or derive meaning. Well, I agree that 'nisa' means women in the Quran. It also depends on the context. Dont get it twisted. But if you insist that strangers(men) and strangers (women) did wudu together, very well then. Answer this please.

Can I sit next to your beautiful darling wife, your sweetheart and make wudu in the same vessel?. I will sit very close to her and exchange glances back n fourth while she revealed certain parts of her body. Are you okay with it?. Please dont be offended. Kindly answer pls. Thanks

Now is the real thing

The hadith you referred to in your post ^ is not reported by imam Muslim. It is, rather, reported by Al-Bukhari. The hadith reads, “Men and women used to do ablution (wudu’) together during the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).” (Al-Bukhari, Al-Jami` As-Sahih, hadith no. 193). The hadith is also reported by imam an-Nasa’i in his Sahih.

The meaning of this hadith is that in the Prophet’s lifetime husbands used do wudu’ (ablution) along with their wives from the same vessel or pot. There are other similar hadiths which indicate that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) himself used to do ghusl (washing) and so his wives did from a single vessel or pot.

Imam Al-Bukhari mentioned the above-mentioned hadith under the title “Husbands and Wives Doing Ablution Together” which supports the fact that the hadith refers to husbands who used to do ablution from the same vessel where their wives did ablution too.

The hadith doesn’t, by any means, indicate that there was a public place for wudu’ where men and women used to do ablution together. Ibn `Umar, who reported the above hadith, didn’t say that he “saw” men and women doing ablution together, but rather he told that men (i.e., husbands) used to do ablution with women (i.e., their wives).

Moreover, it is historically known that there were NO basins in Madinah where people, men or women, might do ablution together.

Given the above, it is not acceptable for some people to use the above hadith to claim that women can bare their arms, feet and heads before men; their claim is in conflict with the Qur’anic verse that reads, “O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognized and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.” (Al-Ahzab 33:59) Dr. Wael Shihab

May Allah accept your and our good deeds!

Ramadan Mubarak!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 8:29am On Jul 06, 2015
Read my signature again, i don't dream of selling any idea to anyone. My aim is to present the idea. Whether you reject it or not doesn't change anything.

Empiree:
Can I sit next to your beautiful darling wife, your sweet heart and make wudu in the same vessel?. I will sit very close to her and exchange glances back n fourth while she revealed certain parts of her body. Are you okay with it?

The premise of the question is wrong? What part of a woman 's body does she uncover during ablution. Hair, hand, feet, don't you see all these parts even in the street, class or market? Besides, must men and women sit so close in order to perform ablution together?

Husbands and wives or men and their wives is far different from "men and women" clearly used in the Hadith i posted. The word "their" was inserted by the translators. It doesn't occur in the Arabic text.
In those hadith where Muhammad performed ablution with his wives, "his wives or his women" is clear in the Arabic text.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 5:41pm On Jul 06, 2015
Sunan Abu Dawud>>Book of Purification>>Hadith 80

Narrated 'Abd Allaah b. 'Umar:
We and women during the life-time of the Apostle of Allaah ( sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) used to perform ablution from one vessel. We all put our hands in it.

Again, here is another narration. Notice that it starts with "We and women(nisaa)" not "We and our women/wives(nisaana)". If i say "we and our women sat together", that mean we sat with our women, our wives and not just any woman. But if i say, "We and women sat together", it could mean we sat with just women generally, not limited to our women or wives.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
In my days as a traditional Muslim, i would go to mosque now and then and once in a while, there were announcement of lost items like wristwatches, ID cards, purse or phones. What if i told you that traditional Islam not only forbid such announcements but curses the announcers?

Sunan Ibn Majah>>Book on Mosque and congregation
It was narrated from Abu 'Abdullah, the freed slave of Shaddad bin Had that:
He heard Abu Hurairah say: "I heard the Messenger of Allah say: 'Whoever hears a man making a lost-and-found announcement in the mosque, let him say: "May Allah not return it to you!" For the mosques were not built for that.'"

Hence, if you lose your property quarter kilometers or even nearer to the mosque, you cannot call on the attention to the residents gathered in the mosque who by chance may have stumbled over your property before coming for the prayer. And if you dare announce it, be ready to endure curses as this Hadith has permitted.

The Hadith is a very convoluted corpus of traditions. In one narration, Muhammad is merciful enough not to be offended by a man urinating on the wall of his mosque yet this same merciful man curses another without restraint for just announcing a lost item or calling on the owner.

Sunan Ibn Majah>>Book on Mosque and congregation
It was narrated from Sulaiman bin Burdah that his father said:
"The Messenger of Allah performed prayer, then a man said: 'Who was looking for the red camel?' The Prophet said: 'May you not find it! The mosques were built for that for which they were built.'"

Despite all the reverence and consecration, traditional Islam doesn't portray Muhammad as an exemplary character. Depending on the Hadith you cherry pick, Muhammad 's character vary on a broad spectrum of saint to criminal. The traditional Christian portrayal of Jesus despite being also fabricated is far more exemplary than traditional Islamic portrayal of Muhammad.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2015
^^ You not serious. I believe that you take hadith in isolation. This is very problematic. Besides, I thought you no longer believe in hadith?. So what exactly you trying to achive here?.

A MAN AND WOMAN'S WASHING FROM A SINGLE VESSEL

Ibn Abbas (RTA) narrates that one of the wives of the prophet(Allah's blessings be upon him) took ghusl from Janaabah then saw Rosullulah(SAW) about to take a ghusl from the water remaining- so she informed him that she had made ghusl therefrom- so rosullah said nothing makes water impure. [Reported by Abu Daud 9no.670, and an-nasaa'ee (no 326), and At-Tirmidhee who declared it to be sahih, and ibn Majah (no 370)

Ibn Abd ul-Barr says: There is nothing in the Sharee'ah to prevent each of them washing with the water remainig from the other- either together or one after the other, and this is the sayiing of the scholars and the hadith about Mutawaatir (Al-Istidhkaar 1/373).

Your method is lazy man methodology. If you want to be a real scholar of Islam, you have a lot to do. You do not take any verse of Quran and hadith in isolation. I wish I can explain better on my own terms and relate it modern practices. I believe you misunderstood the point raised in these ahadith. A sound mnd should not have problem with this though.

Ramadan Mubarak

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by 9jaforlife: 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
usermane:
In my days as a traditional Muslim, i would go to mosque now and then and once in a while, there were announcement of lost items like wristwatches, ID cards, purse or phones. What if i told you that traditional Islam not only forbid such announcements but curses the announcers?

Hence, if you lose your property quarter kilometers or even nearer to the mosque, you cannot call on the attention to the residents gathered in the mosque who by chance may have stumbled over your property before coming for the prayer. And if you dare announce it, be ready to endure curses as this Hadith has permitted.

If general announcements of lost items weren't permitted (assuming it's true), I'm sure there would be alternative means through which such lost items could be returned to the owner, if found.

Eg, keeping all lost items at a particular location known by everyone for this purpose around the mosque, where anyone who lost an item could check for it.

If the Prophet, PBUH, prohibited announcements unrelated to religious purposes, it would be for reasons of not interrupting worship, NOT out of wickedness as you portray here!

The Hadith is a very convoluted corpus of traditions. In one narration, Muhammad is merciful enough not to be offended by a man urinating on the wall of his mosque yet this same merciful man curses another without restraint for just announcing a lost item or calling on the owner.

Despite all the reverence and consecration, traditional Islam doesn't portray Muhammad as an exemplary character. Depending on the Hadith you cherry pick, Muhammad 's character vary on a broad spectrum of saint to criminal.

None of the authentic hadiths portrayed the Prophet, PBUH as a criminal. Only propagandas spread by two timers like you!

When a hadith speaks good about him, PBUH, you don't believe in hadiths. Fast forward to a bashing 'hadith', you're all for it!!

The traditional Christian portrayal of Jesus despite being also fabricated is far more exemplary than traditional Islamic portrayal of Muhammad.

shocked shocked shocked

Coming from the mouth of a 'Muslim'??

Then why don't you just follow Jesus

Or, put better, openly declare that you follow him (Jesus)!!

Allah spoke about Munafiqs in the Quran

Surah Al Munafiqun (63:2)
"They make their faith a pretext so that they may turn (men) from the way of Allah. Verily evil is that which they are..."

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 9:17am On Jul 10, 2015
9jaforlife:

If general announcements of lost items weren't permitted (assuming it's true), I'm sure there would be alternative means through which such lost items could be returned to the owner, if found.

Eg, keeping all lost items at a particular location known by everyone for this purpose around the mosque, where anyone who lost an item could check for it.

What if the item was stolen from the mosque while the owner prayed? Supposing for some reason someone from the Mosque finds the item near the mosque but did not take it to the mosque?

If the Prophet, PBUH, prohibited announcements unrelated to religious purposes, it would be for reasons of not interrupting worship, NOT out of wickedness as you portray here!

How does making announcement before a congregation after concluding salat "interrupt worship", must making such announcement "interrupt worship", and does it nullify worship? It all depends on how such an announcement is done. Even walking out of the mosque or reciting Qur'an after salat can interrupt others still performing their salat.

Besides, why the curse; "May you never find it"? That is where Muhammad is portrayed deprave. Why not just politely stop the announcer? Why curse?

None of the authentic hadiths portrayed the Prophet, PBUH as a criminal. Only propagandas spread by two timers like you!

To mention a few;

Paedophilia
Sunan Abi Dawud » Book of Marriage » Hadith 2116

Narrated 'Aishah:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) married me when I was seven years old. The narrator Sulaiman said: or Six years. He had intercourse with me when I was nine years old.

Religious compulsion/Killling Apostates:
Sunan an-Nasa'i » The Book of Fighting » Hadith 4065

It was narrated from 'Ikrimah:
"Some people apostatized after accepting Islam, and 'Ali burned them with fire. Ibn 'Abbas said: 'If it had been me, I would not have burned them; the Messenger of Allah [SAW] said: 'No one should be punished with the punishment of Allah.' If it had been me, I would have killed them; the Messenger of Allah [SAW] said: 'Whoever changes his religion, kill him.'"

Aggression, Violence and Terrorism
Sahih Bukhari, Book of Salat, Number 387 :

Narrated by Anas bin Malik

Allah's Apostle said, "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally and their reckoning will be with Allah."

Narrated Maimun ibn Siyah that he asked Anas bin Malik, "O Abu Hamza! What makes the life and property of a person sacred?" He replied, "Whoever says, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah', faces our Qibla during the prayers, prays like us and eats our slaughtered animal, then he is a Muslim, and has got the same rights and obligations as other Muslims have".

Concubines
Sunan an-Nasa'i » The Book of The At-Tatbiq (Clasping One's Hands Together) » Hadith 1125

'Aishah said:
"I noticed that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) was missing from bed, so I started to look for him, and I thought that he had gone to one of his concubines. Then my hand fell on him when he was prostrating and saying: "Allahummaghfirli ma asrartu wa ma a'lant (O Allah, forgive me for what (sin) I have concealed and what I have done openly).'"

Overindulgence
Sahih al-Bukhari » Book of Bathing » Hadith 268

Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet (ﷺ) used to visit all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number." I asked Anas, "Had the Prophet (ﷺ) the strength for it?" Anas replied, "We used to say that the Prophet (ﷺ) was given the strength of thirty (men)." And Sa`id said on the authority of Qatada that Anas had told him about nine wives only (not eleven).

Women degraded
Sunan Ibn Majah » The Chapters of Establishing the Prayer and the Sunnah Regarding Them
It was narrated from ‘Abdullah bin Samit from Abu Dharr, that the Prophet (ﷺ) said:
“The prayer is severed by a woman, a donkey, and a black dog, if there is not something like the handle of a saddle in front of a man.” I (‘Abdullah) said: “What is wrong with a black dog and not a red one?” He (Abu Dharr) said: ‘I asked the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) the same question, and he said: “The black dog is a Shaitan (satan).”

Slave Trade
Sahih Muslim 10:3901

Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) reported: There came a slave and pledg- ed allegiance to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) on migration; he (the Holy Prophet) did not know that he was a slave. Then there came his master and demanded him back, whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Sell him to me. And he bought him for two black slaves....

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
Peace!

Hold the fast beyond Sunset, Delay till Night

By now, many of you must have heard the oft-repeated hadith that commands breaking the fast as soon as sunset, even before the salat. This has been my view until recently. If you have read broader, you must have heard the position that rather than hastening to break fast at sunset, fast should be delayed into the night. I shall explain why i now adopt the latter view, holding my fast till full Night.

Precisely, the Qur'an spelt "night"(layl) as the point of completing the fast.

Qur'an 2:187
...... and eat and drink, until the white thread of dawn appear to you distinct from its black thread; then complete your fast Till the night(layl) appears...

Had the word; "ghurub"(sunset) been used in the verse instead of layl, undoubtedly the traditional practice of breaking the fast at sunset would have been unquestionable.

Traditional Muslims support their practice by insisting that sunset marks the end of the day and start of the night; an erroneous layman view as correct as claiming sunrise mark the end of night & beginning of day.

From the Qur'anic perspective, the day reveals the sun and its brightness while the night conceal the sun and its brightness.

Qur'an 91:1-4
By the sun and its brightness.
And the moon when it follows it.
And the day when it displays it.
And by the night as it enshrouds it

Qur'an 92:1-2
By the night when it enshrouds
And the day when it appears

By sunset when traditional Muslims break their fast, the day hasn't ended as there is still light from sun in the sky even though the sun is not visible. Till this light vanishes completely and the sky becomes black, the sun is not fully enshrouded, the day isn't complete and the night hasn't begun.

That brief period after sunset till all light disappear from the sky is part of day as the period between dawn and sunrise. It is twilight and the Qur'an distinguish it from night;

Qur'an 84:16-17
But nay, I swear by the twilight
And the night and what it enshrouds

So, hold your fast beyond sunset, delay till night. Breaking your fast by sunset is an irreversible means of screwing up your fast. It is like giving up at the final step of a backbreaking task after expending so much. You have everything to lose.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 10:37am On Jul 11, 2015
^ @username
I share your argument 100%. Sorry to be partisan here, Shia fiqh is that iftar only begin after salat Isha. Quran do not command sunset, but Night. Definitely sunset is different from Night. This is the real sunnah of Muhammad ibn Abdullah because he was working Quran.

And if you observe the translators like Yusuf Ali, his translation of "ila layl" was "till Night appear" instead of "till Night". Some Sunni translator adopt this by adding "appear" to suit and accommodate ahadith. Even Yusuf Ali revealed in his commentary of this verse that breaking fast at sunset is in "traditions".
This is a crystal clear verse that does not need the help of "tradition" for its interpretation. Although it is not a sin or void when you break at sunset. Its only that is when Night starts.

What even pains is when you see people talking against delaying fasting till Night.

Anyway Nice observation.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by kazlaw2000: 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2015
AlBaqir:
Even Yusuf Ali revealed in his commentary of this verse that breaking fast at sunset is in "traditions".
Aaw bro albaqir. Ramadan kareem. I have just been reading Yusuf Ali now. Pls permit me to quote verbatim his commentary of the above phrase i.e ila llayl. "Till the night appears (in italics): From the actual practice of the Holy Prophet, this is rightly interpreted to mean: "Till sunset"."
I think the Prophet has actually showed us by his sunnah of breaking fast by sunset, what Allaah actually meant by 'ila llayl'. Wallahu A'lam

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 5:54pm On Jul 11, 2015
kazlaw2000:

Aaw bro albaqir. Ramadan kareem. I have just been reading Yusuf Ali now. Pls permit me to quote verbatim his commentary of the above phrase i.e ila llayl. "Till the night appears (in italics): From the actual practice of the Holy Prophet, this is rightly interpreted to mean: "Till sunset"."
I think the Prophet has actually showed us by his sunnah of breaking fast by sunset, what Allaah actually meant by 'ila llayl'. Wallahu A'lam

Sorry the cancelled word is not in the Arabic text. That was just translator's interpolation trying to explain perhaps with Hadith text.

Actually Allah use the best of language construction in the Quran. So there is no error or shortcomings in His words. Quran in several places talks about "duluk shams", "Gasaki layl" and "layl" meaning "declining of the sun, darkness of night, and night" respectively. Also Quran talks about "Sunset and its redness (shafaq)" itself. And Allah continues "night (LAYL) drives in" by enshrouding the redness of the sunset. See the beautiful ayah of syrah inshiqaq etc. There's no short of word for Allah.

The question is when does "night" starts? No doubt that is "sunset". Then we can now start talking about Gasak layl etc. So I think this is where Sunni traditions of prophet breaking by sunset come into play. I'd like to see the Arabic text used in those various Hadith that is being translated to "sunset". However like I said earlier Night begin by sunset and stretches till "fajr". Quran confirms this. So I don't have problem at all with breaking of fasting by sunset but to delay it till after ishai is what is more meritorious according to the Imams of the Ahlulbayt of the holy Prophet.

Lastly trying to use Hadith to interpret Quran instead of giving additional information, I think, it among the problems some exegesits (mufassirs) run into. Look at the case of wudu. Quran commands wiping of a part of head and feet. Mufassir double cross using Hadith to overrule Quran by wiping the whole head and washing the feet. They however put aside few Hadith that talks about wiping of the feet. And also never put into consideration the fact that Surah maidah (which owns this verse of wudu) was the last revealed surah thereby chronologically nullifying all Hadith that might be talking about feet being washed.

Quran was revealed simple to understand (Allah says in many places).

Salam alaykum akhi.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by 9jaforlife: 6:58pm On Jul 12, 2015
usermane:

What if the item was stolen from the mosque while the owner prayed? Supposing for some reason someone from the Mosque finds the item near the mosque but did not take it to the mosque?

If it was stolen in the first place, why would the thief decide to later put it near the mosque ??

Does it mean that every lost item found near the mosque HAS TO belong to someone who visited the mosque??

How does making announcement before a congregation after concluding salat "interrupt worship", must making such announcement "interrupt worship", and does it nullify worship? It all depends on how such an announcement is done. Even walking out of the mosque or reciting Qur'an after salat can interrupt others still performing their salat.

As important as reciting the Quran is, there's etiquette surrounding it: recite in low tone; walk gently and quietly so as not to disturb others' worship. Can one make announcements in low tones??

Like I said earlier, isn't it just better that such lost items should be placed in a part of the mosque, where they could easily be retrieved by owners? Rather than tamper with people's concentration during worship??

Think about the Prophet's level of piety (PBUH), he didn't take Allah with such level of unseriousness as you're accustomed to!

Besides, why the curse; "May you never find it"? That is where Muhammad is portrayed deprave. Why not just politely stop the announcer? Why curse?

To mention a few;

You believe he cursed, and you accept all those hadiths that you quoted, simply because you read them. This is NOT a problem on its own. It only becomes a problem because you NEVER believe hadiths when they portray the Prophet PBUH in good light!!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
Absolutely, Albaqir. Thanks for the confirmatory remarks. Sunni scholars contradict themselves in claiming night begins with sunset. For instance, the phrase; "near/approach of/towards the night" in Qur'an 11:114 is interpreted as the time for Isha salat by these scholars.

Qur'an 11:114
And establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night

So, sunni Muslims do not say Isha till dark, much later than sunset. This is when they generally understand as 'towards or approach of the night', not even necessarily the night. How then could they break their fast earlier than this, which from their understanding of Isha isn't night

These are clear discrepancies anyone should understand from orthodox Sunni thought. Yet we have sunnis attributing these to Muhammad, implying that Muhammad for all his life either broke his fast at the wrong time or observed Isha salat at the wrong time.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Hkana: 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2015
Hkana:
Assalaamu alaikum everyone. I've been posted to Adamawa state, though orientation camp would be at Niger state.

I just thought to share with house. Opinions are welcome too smiley

Done with the service, Alhamdulillah. Though, I served in Niger state instead of the initial Adamawa state.

Thought to share with the house #OneFullCycle
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by kazlaw2000: 8:47am On Jul 15, 2015
Hkana:

Done with the service, Alhamdulillah. Though, I served in Niger state instead of the initial Adamawa state.

Alhamdulillah. Welcome back from service. Really delighted you concluded safely. You cant thank Allaah enough oh. Barrakallaahu fiihi. Aamiin

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2015
My Methodology

Your method is lazy man methodology. If you want to be a real scholar of Islam, you have a lot to do. You do not take any verse of Quran and hadith in isolation. I wish I can explain better on my own terms and relate it modern practices. I believe you misunderstood the point raised in these ahadith. A sound mnd should not have problem with this though.

I address Empiree 's allegation against me quoted above, regarding an earlier hadith i cited. This allegation owe to his misunderstanding of my methodology or longing to have me see things from his lens. For i cited 2 hadith confirming men and women performed ablution together, yet he accuses me of concluding from only 1 hadith. On the flip-side, his own methodology here is flawed as he ignores the language, grammar & context of the hadith i cited. And in bid to reconcile it with his doctrines, he cite another hadith about Muhammad and his wife doing ghusl and ablution from one vessel. Empireé thinks this hadith best explain the hadith i originally cited, unaware that the two hadith have only one thing in commom; ablution, and that 's all. The hadith i cited talk of men and women doing ablution together, while the one he cited concern the permissibility of doing ablution with remnant of water used for ghusl.

Another problem is his disregard for grammar, interpreting 'nisauu' in the hadith i cited as 'their women/wives'. No need further stressing, i already covered it.

In the end he cites Qur'an 33:59, poorly interpreting the verse. Forgeting that depending on size or kind, a cloak may not conceal the hair or feet. And besides the recommendation of the cloak according to the verse is to ward off harrassment and thus the verse is only applicable where women fear or risk harrassment. The cloak isn't a convienent or practical outfit for most day to day activities and so cannot be obligatory for Muslim women.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Hkana: 11:07pm On Jul 15, 2015
kazlaw2000:

Alhamdulillah. Welcome back from service. Really delighted you concluded safely. You cant thank Allaah enough oh. Barrakallaahu fiihi. Aamiin

Amin. Thanks bro
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 8:49am On Jul 16, 2015
Hkana:

Amin. Thanks bro

Congratulations dear brother. May Allah bless your efforts and lift you to higher places.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2015
Least i forget, will be back for a proper rebuttal @ empiree your points on Bokoharam.
Why Is The Muslim World in Thrall to Conspiracy Theories?
By Mehdi Hasan

Did you know that Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi, the leader of ISIS, was trained by Mossad and the CIA? Were you aware that his real name isn’t Ibrahim Awwad Ibrahim Ali Al Badri Al Samarrai but Simon Elliot? Or that he’s a Jewish actor who was recruited by the Israelis to play the part of the world’s most wanted terrorist?

If the messages in my email inbox and my Twitter timeline and on my Facebook page are anything to go by, plenty of Muslims are not only willing to believe this nonsensical drivel but are super-keen to share it with their friends. The bizarre claim that NSA documents released by Edward Snowden “prove” the U.S. and Israel are behind Al Baghdadi’s actions has gone viral.

There’s only one problem. “It’s utter BS,” Glenn Greenwald, the investigative journalist who helped break the NSA story, told me. “Snowden never said anything like that and no [NSA] documents suggest it.” Snowden’s lawyer, Ben Wizner, has called the story a hoax.

But millions of Muslims across the globe have a soft spot for such hoaxes. Conspiracy theories are rife in both Muslim-majority countries and Muslim communities here in the west. The events of 9/11 and the subsequent “war on terror” unleashed a vast array of hoaxers, hucksters, and fantasists from Birmingham to Beirut.

On a visit to Iraq in 2002, I met a senior Islamic cleric who told me that Jews, not Arabs, had been responsible for the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. He loudly repeated the Middle East’s most popular and pernicious 9/11 conspiracy theory: that 4,000 Jews didn’t turn up for work on September 11, 2001 because they had been forewarned about the attacks.

There is, of course, no evidence for this outlandish and offensive claim. The truth is that more than 200 Jews, including several Israeli citizens, were killed in the attacks on the twin towers. I guess they must have missed the memo from Mossad.

Yet the denialism persists. A Pew poll in 2011, a decade after 9/11, found that a majority of respondents in countries such as Egypt, Jordan, and Lebanon refused to believe that the attacks were carried out by Arab members of Al Qaeda. “There is no Muslim public in which even 30 percent accept that Arabs conducted the attacks,” the Pew researchers noted.

This blindness isn’t peculiar to the Arab world or the Middle East. Consider Pakistan, home to many of the world’s weirdest and wackiest conspiracy theories. Some Pakistanis say the schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai is a CIA agent. Others think that the heavy floods of 2010, which killed 2,000 Pakistanis, were caused by secret U.S. military technology. And two out of three don’t believe Osama Bin Laden was killed by U.S. Navy SEALs on Pakistani soil on May 2, 2011.

Consider also Nigeria, where there was a polio outbreak in 2003 after local people boycotted the vaccine, claiming it was a western plot to infect Muslims with HIV. Then there is Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim-majority country, where leading politicians and journalists blamed the 2002 Bali bombings on U.S. agents.

Why are so many of my fellow Muslims so gullible and so quick to believe bonkers conspiracy theories? How have the pedlars of paranoia amassed such influence within Muslim communities?

First, we should be fair: It’s worth noting that Muslim-majority nations have been on the receiving end of various actual conspiracies. France and Britain did secretly conspire to carve up the Middle East between them with the Sykes-Picot Agreement of 1916. They also conspired to attack Egypt, with Israel’s help, and thereby provoked the Suez crisis of 1956. Oh, and it turned out there weren’t any WMDs in Iraq in 2003 despite what the dossiers claimed.

I once asked the Pakistani politician Imran Khan why his fellow citizens were so keen on conspiracy theories. “They’re lied to all the time by their leaders,” he replied. “If a society is used to listening to lies all the time ... everything becomes a conspiracy.”

The “We’ve been lied to” argument goes only so far. Scepticism may be evidence of a healthy and independent mindset; but conspiracism is a virus that feeds off insecurity and bitterness. As the former Pakistani diplomat Husain Haqqani has admitted, “the contemporary Muslim fascination for conspiracy theories” is a convenient way of “explaining the powerlessness of a community that was at one time the world’s economic, scientific, political, and military leader."

Nor is this about ignorance or illiteracy. Those who promulgate a paranoid, conspiratorial world-view within Muslim communities include the highly educated and highly qualified, the rulers as well as the ruled. A recent conspiracy theory blaming the rise of Islamic State on the U.S. government, based on fabricated quotes from Hillary Clinton’s new memoir, was publicly endorsed by Lebanon’s foreign minister and Egypt’s culture minister.

Where will it end? When will credulous Muslims stop leaning on the conspiracy crutch? We blame sinister outside powers for all our problems—extremism, despotism, corruption, and the rest—and paint ourselves as helpless victims rather than indepen­dent agents. After all, why take responsibility for our actions when it’s far easier to point the finger at the CIA/Mossad/the Jews/the Hindus/fill-in-your-villain-of-choice?

As the Egyptian intellectual Abd Al Munim Said once observed[b], “The biggest problem with conspiracy theories is that they keep us not only from the truth, but also from confronting our faults and problems.[/b]” They also make us look like loons. Can we give it a rest, please?

Mehdi Hasan is a New Statesman contributing writer, and works for al-Jazeera English and the Huffington Post U.K.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 2:31pm On Jul 16, 2015
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 2:55pm On Jul 16, 2015
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2015
Rilwayne001:

http://kbrocking.com/2015/02/11/i-thought-liberals-hated-war-but-now-theyre-all-for-it/
I always knew something was fishy about this ISIS. Insha'Allah the truth will continue to unfold!

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Hkana: 10:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
AlBaqir:

Congratulations dear brother. May Allah bless your efforts and lift you to higher places.

Amin. And you too bro. Eid Mubarak!!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hkana:

Alhamudulilah, may Allah grants you the best after the service, a good job in sha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 11:24am On Jul 19, 2015
author=Hkana post=35870163]
Congratulations! May Allah bless your hustle. Ameena

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 9:36am On Jul 20, 2015
PEACE!

In probably my last post on this thread for a while, i attempt to define night. What characterizes night, does it begin at sunset or ends at sunrise? It is essential to answer these questions in determining the time to break the fast, a subject i have been writing here.

Eating, drinking and sex is permitted during the nights of Ramadan, but all these cease when a white thread becomes distinguishable from a black thread as explained in Qur'an 2:187. This is when the first light appears in the horizon; dawn. Hence, the night ends here, as beyond here food, drinks and sex must be abstained from. Thus, anything from dawn is 'day'.

The day is characterized by presence of light in the horizon. The light appear and remain in the horizon at dawn, increasing through sunrise, noon and decreasing through afternoon, sunset. At sunset, it is the sun disc that disappears from the horizon, the light still remains after sunset, gradually fading till it disappear completely after a while. This is the end of day and onset of night. And thus, this is when fasting is complete, not just after sunset.

The period between darkness and sunset like the period between dawn and sunrise must be recognized as day, not night because it is characterized by presence of light in the horizon, how ever dim the light may be.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:16pm On Jul 20, 2015
vedaxcool
Well, thats Mr. hassan's opinion. Empir.ee is not concerned about wikileaks and co. His research is based on Quran,hadith and reality on ground and personal experience with this regard. Not unneccesary theory. I am aware of wild conspiracy theories but thats none of my business.

My point is this, if you folks fail to listen to Quran lesson on this subject you have a long way to go. The thing is muslims are the target especially muslima. Sooner or later, in the months and years ahead, muslims will voluntarily give up their rights for security. Notice my words. You will see muslims who will agree that hijab, burqa etc should be banned or searched in the name of security. Those muslims who will do that will be very silly.

I dare anyone touches my wife to lift her hijab. My first attempt is to ask for a search warrant (which is legally impossible without probable cause). If you have no search warrant, then hands off me and my wife. Simple.

The earlier you people undersrtand the better. They know where and who BH are. If you dont believe that, that's your problem. Give them your rights freely. And next time, they will tie you down and rape your woman in front of you and you can do no damn thing about it. That's where nija is heading cus we fail to recognise these vaganbonds are funded by those interested eradicating the religion. They can't be muslims. However, I perfectly understand there are some muslims that espouse violent tendences. But here we talking about international criminal groups. Definitely poor folks cant afford such powerful military weapons they use. I dont deny at all that there are muslims being funded. That's definitely part of the scheme.

You can give them your rights but am not. They want to search me and my wife, come with a warrant. Otherwise, they touch my wife they get shot in their testicles
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2015
usermane:
My Methodology

I address Emp.iree 's allegation against me quoted above, regarding an earlier hadith i cited. This allegation owe to his misunderstanding of my methodology or longing to have me see things from his lens. For i cited 2 hadith confirming men and women performed ablution together, yet he accuses me of concluding from only 1 hadith. On the flip-side, his own methodology here is flawed as he ignores the language, grammar & context of the hadith i cited. And in bid to reconcile it with his doctrines, he cite another hadith about Muhammad and his wife doing ghusl and ablution from one vessel. Empireé thinks this hadith best explain the hadith i originally cited, unaware that the two hadith have only one thing in commom; ablution, and that 's all. The hadith i cited talk of men and women doing ablution together, while the one he cited concern the permissibility of doing ablution with remnant of water used for ghusl.

Another problem is his disregard for grammar, interpreting 'nisauu' in the hadith i cited as 'their women/wives'. No need further stressing, i already covered it.

In the end he cites Qur'an 33:59, poorly interpreting the verse. Forgeting that depending on size or kind, a cloak may not conceal the hair or feet. And besides the recommendation of the cloak according to the verse is to ward off harrassment and thus the verse is only applicable where women fear or risk harrassment. The cloak isn't a convienent or practical outfit for most day to day activities and so cannot be obligatory for Muslim women.
So long as you disagree with your wife performing wudu among other men in the same vessel, then you misunderstood the hadith in question. Fair enough?. I am not hadith guru but I figured out the hadith is coined linguistically. Like for instance, Yoruba folks may address you like this "HOW'S YOUR WOMAN". The phrase is obviously addressing your wife.They also use phrase like "HOW'S MY WIFE" when they address other. The phrase is definitely not referring to first speaker's.

So the hadith says "OUR WOMEN" is definitely referring to their wives not strangers. If however you have no problem with your wife performing wudu in the same vessel with a another Muslims man, I can guarantee you that it's only a matter of time before she's harassed, toasted OR succumb.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.