Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,351 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Getting A Life- Safarigirl - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Getting A Life- Safarigirl (29686 Views)

Getting A Life / Unwanted- Safarigirl / Oscar Wilde : A Life Of Scandals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by heemah(f): 5:30am On Jul 06, 2014
*smiles* that was a nice update. More ma'am....#olivertwist#
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by adegwurulez(m): 7:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
I swear i didn't know i was walking into a b00by trap when i cruised into the lit section, but lo i'm now stuck on this thread. Safari abeg free me la.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Ohibenemma(m): 9:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
Nice and professional...expecting more!
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 8:56am On Jul 07, 2014
Thanks for all your comments guys, I appreciate it and look forward to more. Once again this installment is PG18, like Bleep so...enjoy and do tell me what you think of the characters if you can

TV had never been so boring.

It had been somewhat of a lazy evening, they had had dinner a bit too early and all that was left before they surrendered to sleep was to chat, watch some television and have their night baths.

They had done the chatting while they cooked....well, while Chuks cooked and she drank some wine. She had been too tired to lift a finger and as always, he didn't insist that she do anything, cooking was a hobby for him anyway so he didn't feel the burden of doing it all alone.

Then while they ate tthey had discussed about what took place at their offices, she thought one of the partners at the firm she worked had been trying to get her fired since she had rejected his sexual advances a month ago and she had reported him to her boss today who promised he'd do something about it, but she didn't trust him and was already thinking of getting another job.

He on the other hand, had somewhat of an eventful day. Linda almost broke her ceramic plate when Chuks broke the news to her that one of his co-workers had asked him out. He found the entire idea funny- she didn't, and even now, 2 hours later, she still couldn't get the thought off her mind. It didn't matter that he had told her he turned the woman down, she knew women and she knew Chuks.

He made everything sound so inconsequential, but she knew she had officially gotten that competition she had been hoping against. He may have turned the woman down, but she would definitely be back, Chuks wasn't the kind of man women just left simply because he said so and knowing him, he probably wasn't as firm in his rejection. She doubted Chuks could say anything with a straight face, it was only when his brother died that she discovered he could get emotional. Save for that, she couldn't remember a time when he spoke to someone like he meant it.

She picked up the remote and changed the channel for the thousandth time, she wasn't even watching so there really was no reason to keep changing the channel, but she was restless. He had really screwed up her thoughts with his news, she was starting to doubt herself now. Maybe she wasn't doing enough to get his attention...but damn it, what else did she have to do? She had damn near had sex with him to prove she was attracted to him, she had flirted, she had cared, she had done everything she could. What else did he want? It was times like this that she hated how aloof he could get. She knew he was attracted to her, but he put up that attitude like she didn't bother him half as much as he bothered her and she was sick of it.

She had to get more out of him, he couldn't keep camouflaging his emotions.

She heard the shower running, followed by his whistling to a Bob Marley track...'I shot the Sherrif'...his sonorous voice followed with the lyrics of the song. He only sang while bathing if he was happy, why was he happy? Different thoughts breezed through her mind until she couldn't take it anymore.

She stood up and marched into his bedroom, what was she going to do there? She didn't know yet. She stepped into his private enclave, anyone coming in here just knew the space belonged to Chuks, the entire room smelled just like him- strong and masculine. It was simple in arrangement, there was a king-size bed in the middle, spread with ash-colored sheets, he liked monotonous colours. A small bookshelf was beside the bedroom's only window, most of the books contained food recipes, not quite the types of books one would expect in a man's bedroom.

He didn't have a mirror in the room, he found it unnecessary as there was already one in the bathroom- maybe he would dress better if he had a standing mirror...then again, his dress sense had nothing to do with mirrors, he just didn't have style.

She walked bare-footed into the room, her feet connecting with the cold, hardwood floor beneath them. She could still hear him singing, but he probably knew someone had come in. He had a keen sense of hearing, things other people barely heard, he did loud and clear.

She wasn't sure what she was coming in here for, but she just liked his room, it was always cool and comfortable and neat, she wasn't as neat as he was though she did try to keep her room decent. A gust of wind came through the window causing goose bumps against her skin, she rubbed her bare arms to warm herself, the year was coming to an end and winter was due soon enough so this would be routines few weeks from now.

She moved to the window to close it when he stopped singing, "Ah sh-it."

She looked towards the bathroom wondering what had gone wrong, her attention now steered away from the window.

"Lin, can you get me my towel? I left it in my drawer."

Her eyes moved to the drawer, but all she could think of was the fact that he had walked into the bathroom butt naked. Her imagination went amok picturing his fine ass walking around this bedroom in nothing but his birthday suit, all that mass of lean muscle, a tight butt and sturdy thighs on display.

She unconsciously shivered in delight as her thoughts resulted in a pool between her thighs, she needed that man if she wanted to keep her senses.

"Lin? Towel please." He called, bringing her back to reality.

She went to the drawer and pulled out the towel, her feet moved toward the bathroom like she was being controlled by some other being.

She opened the door and walked in only to go still as she was met with the translucent glass of the shower. She could only make out the form of him, she gripped the towel in her hands

"Linda, we pay for water remember?"

Why didn't he just get the towel his damn self? Why pull her into an obvious trap like he didn't know what he did to her? She would show him.

The screen door slid open just slightly, "Damn it Lin, where's....?"

If Linda had known it would be this easy to get Chuks tongue-tied, she would've done this many times. She stood with a small smile, his towel wrapped loosely around her naked body and her blue eyes filled with mischief.

She saw his adam's apple bob like he had just taken a gulp, "What are you doing?" He asked, his voice just a little deeper.

"What does it look like I'm doing? I brought you your towel."

"You're supposed to hand it to me, not wrap it around yourself."

"What difference does it make?" She teased, "You want me to take it off? Or would you do the honors?" She asked as she stepped closer ignoring how fast her heart was beating. She had practiced this so many times, she didn't think she'd be this nervous when she finally got the chance to execute it.

She thought she saw his jaw tick as his eyes narrowed into sliths, was he mad at her? He slid the door shut none too gently and she heard the sound of the running shower go off.

Had she made a wrong move? Before she could answer that, the shower door slid open once again, and in a flash, he had snatched the towel off her and slid the door shut again

"Put your clothes back on before I get out." His voice was hard on the other side making her question her actions.

Rather than follow his order, she hit back at him, "Why?"

"Damn it Linda, but your fuc_king clothes back on!" He repeated.

What the hell was wrong with him? Didn't he find her attractive enough? In her entire life, she never thought a man would reject her, why then did it have to be the man she wanted? Of all the men in the world, he had to be the one to turn her down like she didn't mean shi-t. Like he felt nothing at the sight of her nake_d? She was frustrated, angry and humiliated.

She slid the bathroom door open and he immediately turned his back to her muttering a curse, "Look at me, Chuks. Tell me, what's so wrong with me?"

"There's nothing wrong with you Lin, get some clothes on."

"No! Am I so ugly you can't stand the sight of me nake-d? Or maybe I'm not curvy enough for you. Look at me!" She reached for him and turned him back around to face her

His eyes were lowered, "There's nothing wrong with you Linda, you're perfectly fine. Just put your clothes back on." He insisted as he walked past her and into the bedroom.

She followed him defiantly, focused solely on squeezing the truth out of him, she had to understand why he was treating her like s-hit, "I'll walk around this house na-ked every fu_cking day until you tell me why you find me so unattractive."

"I don't find you unattractive, I just don't want to see you naked."

"Why?" He didn't give her a reply, rather he concentrated on looking for his sweat pants, "Why?" She repeated, her voice more insistent, "Chuks, answer me..."

"Because seeing you naked does s-hit to me and I don't want to take you like some neanderthal." He shouted.

Linda backed away at his outburst, was that it? He couldn't control himself around her? Was that why he had been punishing her this way? Didn't he know she wanted him to lose control? A small smile tugged at her lips, but it was quickly replaced by a puzzled look, "Why not?"

"Because I love you."

"I'm not your little sister Chuks, I'm sick of hearing you tell me you love me...."

"Not like that Linda, I mean I love you like I'm IN LOVE with you."

The silence that permeated the entire room at that statement was unrivalled. Linda was unsure of what to do, she wanted to jump around and twerk in excitement, but one part of her felt slightly shamed that all this time she was throwing herself at him, he had been taking great pains to resist her because what he felt for her went beyond mere lust. Did he now think she was only after him because she was ho-rny and needed someone to satisfy her primal urge? Gosh! She felt so stupid.

She went to where she had dropped her clothes and put them back on, all the while wondering if he'd say anything else to her or if she should say something to him. In the end, she made up her mind on what to do and she swore that was the dumbest thing she could've said.

"I'm sorry." He didn't reply her, but she swore she heard him sigh.

She began her walk of shame and nearly made it to the door when his voice pierced the silence, "Is that all?"

She stopped and turned to him, "What?"

"Is that all? You're sorry?" His voice was louder now.

She stood rooted to the ground, unsure of what to say to him, she couldn't believe she was this dumbfounded, she had never been this clueless on what to say to him, she was usually a chatterbox around him and now, she was lost.

"I...Chuksy...."

"You shouldn't call me that." He cut in

"Why?" She was surprised at how withdrawn he sounded now. He said nothing and she knew instantly that she would go nowhere if they didn't clear this up. She took a few unsure steps to him, hesitantly, she placed her hand on a toned bicep and felt him go still.

"Talk to me, please."

"There's nothing to say Linda, I just thought...." He hesitated.

"You thought what?"

He shook his head, "Never mind."

"But I do." She placed a wet kiss against his arm causing him to shudder, she repeated the action, this time letting her tongue encircle a spot. It was too much.

She was barely aware of when he turned, but within seconds, Linda found herself in Chuks' arms and her lips crushed against his, she moaned when his tongue shot into the cavern that was her mouth, seeking to conquer unmercifully. Every nerve in her tingled in excitement, she couldn't remember a time when she was kissed so deeply, so thoroughly, so...primally. Her hands latched unto his biceps to steady herself as he took what had always been his with a possessiveness that belied his otherwise gentle nature.

She tried to match him stroke for stroke, but she soon realised she was by far out-matched, her lower lips throbbed as she wondered what he would do to them if he was doing this to her upper lips.

It didn't take long before strong arms once again hefted her up and she was bracing herself, crossing her long limbs around his neck and waist, his hand keeping her up by her waist, the other massaging her butt, she moaned into his mouth as she unconsciously began grinding her crotch against his, seeking a relief he liked to elude her.

He didn't wait for her go ahead before his palm enveloped her full br-easts and located her distended nip-ple, she detached her lips from his and threw her head back in ecstacy, murmuring incoherent words as his expert hand kneaded her br-east and pulled at her nip-ple. With her lips away, he pressed his against her offered throat in it's graceful slenderness.

His hand began playing with the hem of her shirt and the chant began in her head: take it off, take it off, take it off.

"Take this off." His deep voice, thickened with desire, clashed with a chant and she felt him tug at her shirt to emphasise his point.

Without an extra thought, she whipped her thin shirt off her body, exposing her bare bre-asts to him, she watched his eyes glaze over and couldn't help the powerful feeling that breezed through her, it dulled the nervousness considerably.

He pulled her head down for another kiss and she moaned into his mouth, only too happy to continue the tongue-duel with him. A deeper moan escaped her lips when she felt his palm envelope a b-oob, her nip-ple grew even stiffer between his fingers, his lips delved lower to her slender neck and she placed her hand on both sides of his head, guiding him to where she needed those lips.

She muttered some obscene words when his teeth latched onto her rosy ni-pple, "oh, fu-ck! Chuksy" she breathed, trying to force more of her bre-ast into his mouth, but he wouldn't budge. He was fully in control here.

His hand travelled lower between them until he found her crotch which was now soaked through, he moved the damp material aside to find her bare mound, waiting eagerly for his invasion, in a heartbeat he had a digit sliding between her folds, Linda whimpered, her hips moving to get that wonderful alien object deeper into her.

"More, please, I...oh holy shi-t..." Her voice trailed off as he added another digit and moved harder with his long fingers, reaching places she hadn't been able to get her Love Machine to, all the while, he laved at her ni-pple, bit, tugged and sucked the hard bud till she was sure it would ache as deliciously as her pus-sy would by the next morning.

He raised his head up to take her lips once again, his tongue doing the same thing to her mouth as his fingers were doing to her nether regions. She felt the tremors begin to go through her body as his ministrations intensified. She needed to breathe. She pulled her mouth away from his and looked down at him, he met her gaze, her blue eyes telling of how much she was loving the things he was doing to her body and his promising even more.

She threw her head back in ecstacy as his movements became harder, faster and she felt her climax approaching, "I...I'm..."

"You're cumming?" He asked as his thumb found her cl-it and put some pressure on it. That was all he needed to do to unravel her. She trashed violently in his arms as she experienced a mind-numbing climax that left her breathless and sweaty. She collapsed in his arms, panting. She felt her eyelids grow heavy, but she refused to succumb to sleep, she shouldn't even be feeling sleepy.

In all her years, she had never fallen asleep before the main event, but this...christ! She had never felt this sated from just getting fingered, she could only imagine what it would feel like to have all of him inside her....speaking of which, she swore she could feel his shaft against her thigh, all she'd have to do was move a few inches...she felt him tighten his hold on her when she tried to adjust herself.

"Chuksy..." She breathed, she placed a small kiss against his shoulder.

"You're tired, you should rest." He replied in a soft, yet commanding voice.

"But I haven't returned the favour." She nibbled against his ear, but his grip failed to loosen, instead, he began moving towards the bed.

"It wasn't a favour." He replied, he pulled back the covers and laid her gently on the bed.

Once her back came in contact with the bed, it was hard to keep her eyes open, "I should..."

He placed a finger against her lips, "Enough talk, rest."

Against her wish, Linda found herself falling into the temptation of sleep, she managed to mutter a few words before she was completely enveloped by sleep, "I'll make it up to you."

She missed the small smile that came upon his face, as well as the affectionate brush he gave her cheek and his ensuing words, "That's not what I wanted to hear." He kissed the tip of her nose and left her sleeping form. He needed some alone time.

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by maputohq: 9:45pm On Jul 07, 2014
you've got a new fan...MAPUTOHQ. I guess chuks wants to get her satisfied without “entering the place”
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Zehi: 7:21am On Jul 08, 2014
I guess chuks wants want her to tell him dt she's in luv wit him b4 having sex wit her

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Eneze1(f): 2:26pm On Jul 08, 2014
Ehn Safarigirl I'm present here. This is awesome
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by kweenkong(f): 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
Wow, this is awesome
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by princesa(f): 6:35pm On Jul 08, 2014
Smoky scenes on here...well, whatever happens in the book, stays in the book wink

Keep it flowing still.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 8:38am On Jul 10, 2014
Tai flipped his wrist to look at the watch attached to it, okay, so maybe his excitement had gotten the best of him and he was here twenty minutes to the agreed time. But still...

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of approaching footsteps, and a follow up question of, "Is this seat taken?"

He raised his head up to see his much awaited company giving him a warm smile which he returned. He was glad he wasn't being stood up, for a second there he had thought that could possibly be his fate.

He rose to his feet, "Thanks so much for coming, I know it was a bit short notice." He began as they shared a handshake.

"No worries, I'm always available to share a drink with a nice guy" Chuks replied as he took a seat opposite of Tai, "So, you wanted to talk about Selly?"

Tai nodded, he had figured Chuks was the best person to talk to concerning Selly's relationship with her fiance, he knew he couldn't bring up the discussion with her, but he had to understand certain things if he ever hoped to make any headway with her. The guy was obviously awesome- his brother was great so that gave him something of an idea, but he needed more and who better to help than his brother?

Tai nodded, "Yes, I did. Want a drink?"

"Sure, I'll have whatever you're having."

Tai raised his hand to get the attention of one of the 2 waitresses who had been staring at his table since he got in. He hadn't given a thought to why they were both standing there when they could've attended to other patrons, but once he saw them both rushing towards the table, he got an idea why. They were so lucky they didn't work for Mina, they wouldn't have lasted a day with her.

Eventually, the taller brunette managed to speedwalk faster than her colleague and reach their table first. She had on a rather large grin when she came over, "Hi, are you ready to order now?" Her eyes drifted from Tai to Chuks like she couldn't make up her mind on which of them she should drool over.

"Yes, we are..." Tai quickly made his order- a drink he wasn't familiar with but thought would taste good, he looked over to Chuks for any objections, but he had none so he ordered same for him. The waitress on the other hand didn't seem so interested in leaving their table just yet, she felt it necessary to ask if they needed anything else, then rattle off on some dishes she thought would go nicely with their drinks. Tai thought she was butting in on the little time he had to have a meaningful discussion with Chuks and made an effort to send her off.

"Thank you for your concern, we'll just have the drinks." He interrupted

"Are you sure? I mean..."

I'm sure whatever else you guys serve here must be tasty, but I'd like you to get us the drinks first if you don't mind."

The finality in his voice gave her pause, she smiled uncomfortably and nodded, "Okay, they'll be right up." She walked away rather reluctantly and Tai gave a sigh of relief at her absence.

"I think she likes the sound of her voice." Chuks finally commented. The entire period the waitress had been blabbering, he had been quiet, choosing to observe her instead like she was some sort of scientific object. The look of awe on his face had almost made Tai crack a smile if he hadn't been so annoyed at her endless chatter.

Tai shook his head and mumbled an "I wish." He had encountered women like her one too many times to just brush it off as a voice obsession. He would think Chuks would also be used to such antics, but it seemed he really was as clueless as Selly had said he was- he wished he could be so.

"So, you really like Selly huh?" Chuks asked brightly.

Tai smiled, "Yes, I do. She's amazing." Tai blurted out before he even realized what he was saying, he didn't attempt to withdraw the statement once it was said finding he meant it.

Chuks nodded in agreement, "She definitely is. You don't even know the half of it. She's at a bad time now, I appreciate your patience with her." He said sincerely.

"It's nothing. I enjoy being with her, I can tell she really loved your brother." He regretted saying that once he saw a flash of what seemes like sadness in Chuks' eyes, "I'm sorry about your brother." He added.

Chuks shook his head, "Nothing to be sorry about. He was a good person, they say God takes the good people early, gives me hope that I'll be here for a pretty long time." He cracked a smile at his joke and Tai smiled even wider grateful for Chuks' jovial nature.

"You're a good person Chuks."

Chuks frowned, "Don't say that, God is everywhere, he hears you say that and I could be gone sooner than I want. Let's make this discussion about how much of a complete jerk I am, can we?"

Tai couldn't help his laughter, he was definitely going to enjoy this little meeting. He didn't know many people who could make a joke out of the death of a loved one or even death at all. It almost seemed like he hadn't mentioned his dead brother minutes ago

He shrugged, "If you say so."

Their drinks arrived minutes later with the waitress once again making a nuisance of herself by standing there a little longer than necessary, Tai once again had to ask her to excuse them before she left, he gave an exasperated sigh like he was just glad to see the back of her.

"So, what are your intentions towards Selly?" Chuks asked, sounding every bit like a protective older brother.

Tai thought briefly on the question, not wanting to answer too quicklly lest he gave an unsatisfactory reply. Chuks was more of a brother to Selly than a friend, he could tell he cared deeply for her by his actions, it made him wonder if he had ever thought of her in a romantic way but never acted on his thoughts simply because she was with his brother. But seeing hos aloof he was, he didn't think that likely, whatever he felt for Selly was purely brotherly.

"I don't have a precise answer to that just yet, I won't bullshit you about getting a ring and getting on my knees, for now, I just want to see where things go with us. I like her, a lot and I'm seriously interested in a relationship with her if she's ready for that. It's all up to her though."

Chuks nodded and took a sip from his drink, "Really? So you don't want to tumble in the sheets?"

Tai smiled, "Come on men, she's hot. What man wouldn't want to tumble in the sheets with her?" He laughed. Chuks only raised a brow at him but failed to join in his laughter prefering to remain straight-faced. Tai stopped laughing, just a little bothered that he might have goofed with that.

Chuks suddenly broke into a grin, "ha! I got you there didn't I?" He laughed causing Tai to smile again, "You should've seen the look on your face man, classic." He chuckled and Tai laughed. Yes, he really was going to love this guy.

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by heemah(f): 8:48am On Jul 10, 2014
Still following
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Eneze1(f): 9:33am On Jul 10, 2014
Safarigirl this is becoming interesting but short though, nice one and keep it up
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Missmossy(f): 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
Tai should just take things slow biko. Nice one safarigirl,keep 'em coming.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by missterious(f): 1:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
This is really good. smiley
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Eazyquel(m): 10:05am On Jul 14, 2014
A very good story, looking forward for the next update
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by yummy001: 7:41pm On Jul 15, 2014
safarigirl,why hast thou abandoneth our story?There is godu oooooo.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 8:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
yummy001: safarigirl,why hast thou abandoneth our story?There is godu oooooo.
lol, haven't abandoned it o. I'm just being lazy and having a mild case of writer's block
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by princesa(f): 8:24am On Jul 16, 2014
Well clean up ur act real fast and come dish this like its hot. @safarigil
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by ethereal(f): 4:55am On Aug 05, 2014
@safarigirl,I've been an ardent reader and fan of dis story.I'l humbly admit dat I've bn waitn fr an update fr sm time nw.I'm nt a writer bt I appreciate every good literary piece and dis story sure desrves commendation.plz post an update soon...cheers
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by maputohq: 9:47am On Aug 05, 2014
ethereal: @safarigirl,I've been an ardent reader and fan of dis story.I'l humbly admit dat I've bn waitn fr an update fr sm time nw.I'm nt a writer bt I appreciate every good literary piece and dis story sure desrves commendation.plz post an update soon...cheers
Safari girl get exam next week. she is probably in the library...Look for her there.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Dannyxy(m): 3:06pm On Aug 05, 2014
the mods have failed, @safari girl no vex, I wan ask you kwesion, I asked the question in one sport thread but the mods hid it, no vex say I dey derail your thread.

abeg na true say uniabuja dey go three month break after exams?..
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 9:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
Dannyxy: the mods have failed, @safari girl no vex, I wan ask you kwesion, I asked the question in one sport thread but the mods hid it, no vex say I dey derail your thread.

abeg na true say uniabuja dey go three month break after exams?..
bros na so we see am o.

Dem say when exam finish 3rd of September, school go close until January for 'renovation'. In January, dem go come join 2013/2014 set with 2014/2015 set, so some people go jam their seniors for 100 level grin

@ethereal, I'm sorry dear. Like maputohq said, exams begin next week, I'll try my best to post something soon enough though cheesy
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by ethereal(f): 6:15am On Aug 10, 2014
@ safarigirl, Wishing u success in ur exams and every of ur endeavour.u got me hooked lolz.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by heemah(f): 6:45am On Aug 10, 2014
best of luck in ur exams..Go write ur A's....

1 Like

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by retainer(f): 12:18am On Aug 28, 2014
amazing story i dey ur back till the end
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by retainer(f): 5:56am On Sep 06, 2014
pls update ooo
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 7:54am On Sep 11, 2014
Selly surveyed her surroundings, almost cringing at the sight before her. She couldn't remember the last time her bedroom looked like this- like Macy's and Target barfed in it. A horrific avalanche of clothes lay spread out...everywhere.

This wasn't what she had envisaged when Linda offered to assist her in finding something to wear for her job interview. She had thought it would be easy. She had lots of corporate wears in her wardrobe...or so she thought. Until she tried them on and realised all of her clothes were oversized. Just like Chuka had said, she had lost weight and couldn't fit into her clothes.

Linda immediately suggested they go shopping and she acquiesced to that, once again, thinking they would only get a few clothes. She had thought wrong, she wondered why she was so surprised Linda chose to splurge on clothes. Of course, classic Linda.

Now her room was a mess- and she still hadn't found the perfect outfit for the interview. She stood arms akimbo, staring at Linda with exhaustion as the blonde cocked her head to the side in thought, apparently trying to decide if her latest outfit was proper.

"Please tell me it's the one Lin, if I have to change one more outfit you'll be calling an ambulance." She groaned

Linda looked her over and then a bright smile popped on her face as she gave a thumbs up, "Purrrfect. Those executives will have no choice but to give you the job once they see you in this outfit."

Selene let out a sigh of relief and rolled her eyes, "I doubt I'll be meeting any 'executives', I applied for the post of a secretary..nothing fancy enough to require any executives"

"You can never tell, you don't even know whose secretary you could end up being."

Selene paused, seeing some sense in Linda's comment, she dismissed it almost immediately, "Let me get through the interview first before I worry about that." She pulled off the 4-inch pumps on her feet and proceeded to massage some blood flow back into it. It had been so long since she wore those things, it was going to be quite the task getting used to them again.

"So, how are you and Tai?" Linda asked with a small smile.

Selene shrugged, "We're good. He's extremely nice, too nice for me."

Linda's brows furrowed, "how do you mean? Don't you like him?"

She sighed as her shoulders slumped, "It's not that Lin, it's just..." She released another sigh and re-positioned herself so she was facing Linda, "...he tries so hard to engage me, but I feel like I shut him out most of the time. I don't mean to, it just happens. And I know...I know he could be spending his time with better, more beautiful, more deserving ladies, I mean, he's young, good-looking, decent, interesting and really talented, he can get any female he wants and he's wasting his time with me. It's like I'm obstructing the life he could live."

By the time she was through, Linda was staring at her like she had lost her mind, "Please tell me what part of your brain all of that nonsense came from so I can shut it down before the virus spreads. What nonsense are you talking about wasting his time?...."

"Lin..."

"Shhh, let me finish. You are not the first woman to go through the loss of a fiance Selene, many women have lost husbands and survived. The power to re-build your life lies solely with you and you may not have noticed, but you've started re-building yours. I mean, you finally left this house, you applied for a job, you went on a DATE, you're opening up again. No one expects you to go back to the old Selene, that chapter of your life is gone and the old you is gone with it. The fact that you didn't jump off some tall building when Chuka died is enough reason to make you worth any man's attention. I'm happy you're regaining yourself and Tai is lucky to be the man who could help you find yourself again. You just need to stop talking nonsense and give yourself another chance at love."

Selene smiled at Lin and nodded, she definitely gave one mean motivational speech. She sniffed and wiped a fallen tear from her cheek, "Thanks Lin."

"You're always welcome." Linda returned her smile.

Selene took Linda's hand with a sigh seeing an opening to broach a subject that had been on her mind for almost a week, "So, is this a good time to tell me about you and Chuks?'

Linda turned a beet red at the question and looked away shyly while Selly gave her a mischievous smile, "Come on, spit it out already, do you and my bro have a 'thing'?" Selena egged on, it was nice to have the tables turned and not be the one faced with awkward questions.

"I guess you could call it that." Linda shrugged, a smile tugging against her lips as she remembered Chuks and all the wonderful things he had done to her 3 days ago. Her lips returned to a thin line when she remembered his behaviour since then, it disturbed her greatly that he was yet to mention anything concerning the events of that day, if she didn't know any better and she wasn't re-living the feelings he created within her in countless fantasies she would think it never happened.

She couldn't understand him or what he wanted even, she couldn't tell if she had offended him because he suspiciously remained friendly with her, there was no sign of animosity or hostility on his part whenever they had a conversation, he wasn't trying to avoid her at all cost and there were no uncomfortable silences between them so he wasn't embarrassed or regretful about what happened between them...at least that was what his outward appearance relayed. Times like this she hated that he was so difficult to read. She would feel so much better if she could just find out what was going on in his head because it seemed she was the only one who was greatly affected by what had happened between them.

Selene noticed Linda's face falter, "What's wrong Lin? Trouble in paradise before the ship has even sailed?"

Linda shook her head, "No, it's just that..." She paused, considering how wise it was to tell Selene all that had been going on between them, but when she thought further about it, Selene was the best person to help her solve the puzzle that was Chuks

She sat straight up, "He told me he's in love with me 3 days ago, then we did some...sexual stuff, he didn't sleep with me or anything and I didn't give him any form of pleasure, it was all him. It felt so good Selly, I've never orgasmed like that my whole life, I slept off almost immediately. I thought we were good, but since then, he hasn't mentioned it at all, it's like it...we never happened and I don't know if I should be worried or if that's just Chuks being Chuks." She spoke in one breath. Once she was through, she stared at Selly, her eyes filled with hope that someone would provide an answer to her dilemma.

Selly's eyes were widened, apparently, when she had asked for some information on Chuks and Linda, she hadn't expected any of that, "Wow." She spoke, her mind still trying to take in everything that had been thrown at her, "wow."Linda bathed her with a look of anxiousness like her next words had the power to save a life, "wow"

"Say something else Selly, please."

Selly cleared her throat wishing she could clear her thoughts in that manner. She had never been one to give relationship advice much less when it involved the two closest people to her in the world after her mother. True, it was somewhat difficult to read Chuks, she didn't want to give Linda too much hope lest she end up heart-broken, but from the look of desperation in her eyes, she doubted there was an easy way to break down not-so-encouraging news to her.

She seriously had to watch what she said to avoid hurting one or both of Chuks and Linda.

Once her mind was clear to some extent, she began to speak, "Well, you guys have been busy in my absence." She sighed.

Linda covered her face with both hands and sighed, "Selly..." She groaned.

"Okay, I'm sorry. Listen, you know I can't speak for Chuks, it could be his usual aloof nature, or it could be something else. I mean, if he said he loves you, then why would he be...normal with you after that?"

Linda sulked, apparently she hadn't gotten what she wanted to hear, "I don't know Selly, if I did I wouldn't be asking you this. I...do you think I've screwed it up?" Her eyes portrayed a desperation that drew at Selly's heart. Damn she had it bad.

She took her hand, "No, no. Of course you didn't. I'm sure he knows you love him, right?"

She nodded, "Yes, I mean, I practically begged him to make love to me, but he wouldn't. I even cooked for him 3 days ago. I COOKED Selly, what else does he need?"

Selly gave her an odd look once that of shock left her face. She knew Linda absolutely hated cooking, she could assist well and good, but she would never be caught near a stove. There was something else in her words that caught her attention though, something Linda may have innocently by-passed but was of the utmost importance to Chuks.

"Did you tell him you love him?"

"Of course I...."

Linda's momentary pause caused Selly to quirk a brow, she watched her nibble on her lower lip in thought, "Well? Did you?" When she got no answer, she picked up the closest thing to her- a teddy bear- and threw it at Linda, "You bubblehead! You didn't tell him did you?"

Linda shrugged, finally realising her error, "I...it wasn't intentional. I forgot."

"Really? Before or after the orga-sm?"

A cheeky grin appeared on Linda's face as her cheeks turned rosy, "That shiit knocked me out girl, I'll be forgiven if my thoughts were a little jumbled up after it."

"You dirty sl-ut!" Selly tackled her and they both rolled around on the bed laughing, "And you came into my house trying to make my big bro look like the bad guy with your 'woe-unto-me' story."

"He IS the bad guy. I almost went into a coma after what he did to me." Linda laughed.

"I bet." Selly snickered with a grin. She was just glad she had helped Linda out, it felt good seing a grin on her friend's face. She really did hope things went well between Chuks and Linda, it would crush her to see any of her best friends hurt in the end. She knew neither would make her choose between them if things went south, but still, she couldn't help but hope they never got to that point. They both deserved the best and she thought they were pretty awesome together. They complemented each other quite well, Linda's sassiness to Chuk's aloofness, Linda's fashion consciousness to Chuk's lack of interest, Linda's apathy to cooking and Chuks' love for it. They couldn't be more perfect for each other.

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Animog(f): 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
Nice story......following.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by teewhysafe(f): 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
Awwwr! Beautiful update! I'm glad Selly figured out d prob! Well done girl
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by retainer(f): 10:08pm On Sep 13, 2014
wow weldone ma
i'm glad lin finally knows what she dint say
following you ooo
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 11:51pm On Sep 17, 2014

"So? How was it?" Dylan asked with a smile as Tai walked into their shared office, his smile faltered seeing his friend sulking...still, he waited for a reply.

Tai had just gone into their boss' office and they both figured the purpose was to let him know if his new anime would be sent into the market. He had submitted it a week ago, the boss liked it but he still had to run it by the board members. From the look on Tai's face though, it didn't seem like they liked it as much.

A long sigh escpaed his lips, "Well, he presented it to them, they looked at it and..."

"And?"

A large grin suddenly popped on Tai's face, "..and they loved it! They're sending it into the market."

"That's great!" Dylan said as he hugged Tai, "You little devil, you came in here like they had fired you."

Tai laughed, "Oh, Mr. Hammond had me thinking that initially."

"We should totally celebrate. After work, we're going to Mona's bar, drinks on me."

Tai snickered, "Yeah, like you can afford it."

"Why do you think we're going to Mona's?" Dylan asked.

Both men laughed at the inside joke. Mona was Dylan's on again- off again girlfriend- they were currently on. She worked as a bartender at her older brother's bar and was always willing to pay for Dylan's drinks when he came by- when they were on of course. Tai had always wondered why she let Dylan have such control over her, having been surrounded by women who had to have their way and weren't easily subdued, he found women like Mona odd.

"I swear men, one of these days, that girl will see the light and dump your sorry behind. User."

"Well, until then. I'll keep enjoying those free drinks and whatever else she's offering." He winked at Tai suggestively.

Tai shook his head, "You have no shame dude, none at all."

"So says the man who always shares those free drinks with me."

Tai grinned, "Good point." He never could pass up on a free drink. He would go out with Dylan today and then tomorrow, he'd surprise Selly with a nice treat of dinner and dancing- none of which would take place a mile from his sister's restaurant

"Really Lin? A bar?" Selly asked her once they got to the door of the 'fun' place Linda was taking her to celebrate her new job. She hadn't been to a bar in ages. Alcohol and her system were never in agreement, knowing her not-so-impressive history with alcohol, she thought Lin would have come up with something else

"What better way to celebrate your job right?"

"You mean what better way to help me make an idiot of myself." She retorted as they went through the doors of the bar. She had to admit though, it looked classy enough. The place wasn't filled up with loud, unruly drunkards, perhaps because there were no games on tonight. Then again, this was an upscale bar, she doubted they catered to neanderthals.

Linda shrugged, "I'm not asking you to clear the bar Selly, just let loose a little. You're going to be walking stiff and acting 'proper' from Monday, so just celebrate with some wild fun."

"You're so lucky neither of us drove over here." She muttered. They had taken a cab, Selly had been suspicious at that because whenever Lin didn't want to drive, she usually got Chuks to drive her...or rather, Chuks insisted, he didn't trust her enough to be safe on her own and it was justified. If Chuks knew Linda was taking Selly to a bar, he would never have driven them, he would have made sure they had fun within the confines of the house where he could see them.

Sometimes Selly felt like Chuks took his role as 'big brother' to her a little too seriously, and it most likely had a lot to do with Chuka's death. It unsettled her a little to think he was being this protective because he felt he owed it to his brother.

"Just 2 drinks Selly, that's all you'll have to take...and maybe a little flirting." She added as she winked at some guy that was staring at her like he had never seen a female.

Selly scoffed and rolled her eyes, oh, this was going to be a long night. She had forgotten how much of an unrepentant flirt Linda was, she just loved to tease men.

"Fine. Two drinks." Selly said with finality.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Eniqurl(f): 1:29am On Sep 18, 2014
Nice story #followinq

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All I've Never Wanted... A Novella / Crazy Hannah - By Lady C / The Power Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.