Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Getting A Life- Safarigirl - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Getting A Life- Safarigirl (29685 Views)

Getting A Life / Unwanted- Safarigirl / Oscar Wilde : A Life Of Scandals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by retainer(f): 7:49am On Sep 18, 2014
tnx for d update
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by ethereal(f): 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
Thank u safarigirl fr d update.I almost fell off my chair when I saw u'd posted something.I'm luving d "Chuka/Linda" twist....ardently subscribing!
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Komzzy1(f): 7:25am On Sep 20, 2014
Safarigirl, Pls come and update am enjoying this story
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by retainer(f): 6:11am On Sep 22, 2014
abeg update oooo
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Nobody: 11:52am On Sep 22, 2014
I'm really jealous oo..
I'm just too lazy to write a story online...

kudos safari and co
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by retainer(f): 4:56am On Oct 07, 2014
Hope all is well
update abeg
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by teewhysafe(f): 6:53am On Oct 07, 2014
Safarigirl is busy watching bba grin
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by retainer(f): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
abeg update ooo
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2014
retainer:
abeg update ooo
lol...will take a while. I'm not feeling well.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Komzzy1(f): 5:16am On Oct 22, 2014
She's back o praise the lord
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by ethereal(f): 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
safarigirl:
lol...will take a while. I'm not feeling well.
pls do get better soon!ur ardent and ever teeming fans wish u a speedy recovery IJN...
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2014
ethereal:
pls do get better soon!ur ardent and ever teeming fans wish u a speedy recovery IJN...
Amen. Thank you dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by retainer(f): 9:00pm On Oct 22, 2014
hey dearie get beta ooo
God is ur muscle

1 Like

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by retainer(f): 3:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
hapi new month
am waitin for an update
av u opened ur blog

1 Like

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by lateef4me(m): 2:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Sarafigirl,it's a new month,abeg come and update ohh

1 Like

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by ethereal(f): 10:32pm On Nov 15, 2014
@ safarigirl,I'll admit its rather selfish of me bt pls,when'l d next update come?all ur stories are intriguing and I don't wanna miss out.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 12:16am On Nov 16, 2014
ethereal:
@ safarigirl,I'll admit its rather selfish of me bt pls,when'l d next update come?all ur stories are intriguing and I don't wanna miss out.
I've updated unwanted sweery.

Hmm, the update for Getting a Life won't come soon. My muse is on vacation
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 16, 2014
safarigirl:
I've updated unwanted sweery.

Hmm, the update for Getting a Life won't come soon. My muse is on vacation

Babe are you not scared of theft?
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by heemah(f): 5:43am On Nov 16, 2014
dis is unfair ooo safar girl....
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 9:02am On Nov 16, 2014
datalossvictim1:

Babe are you not scared of theft?
lol...there is that. But you have to get your market out somehow, there are risks involved.

Besides, this story isn't completed. I may not complete it here
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by gal10(f): 9:57am On Nov 16, 2014
Safarigal my favourite story is 'in memory only' please update that one na plsss. I have been dreaming of jaiya and lanre... cry cry
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by SusannaJohnson(f): 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
Pls Safarigirl, I know I've never gave my opinion, but dis story is too intersting not 2 be completed here. D story is absolutely breathtaking, pls do complete d story on nairaland, also 'unwanted'.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by 9jawhite: 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
Please we are still waiting.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by safarigirl(f): 5:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
2 hours and four bloody marys later, Selly was feeling more than a little light-headed. She hadn't meant to drink so much, but there was something eerily familiar about the tall, light-skinned man at the other end of the bar that wouldn't take his eyes off her that made her feel uneasy, so much so she needed those drinks.

The man had been staring for quite a while, she noticed because everytime she checked to see if he was still there, she found those light brown eyes staring at her with an intensity that shook her to the core- and not in a good way.

She looked around for any signs of Linda and sure enough, she saw her at the other side of the bar with some dude that oddly enough, almost resembled Chuks, she seemed to be making the most of this girls' night out as she shared a laugh with the guy. Yep, this was definitely Linda's forte...

"Hello."

Selly almost jumped at the sound of the baritone voice, she turned swiftly to see...HIM. Up close, he looked much better with his million watt smile, like some GQ model, he was tall and lean, a physique that agreed with the maroon blazer he had on over an ash-colored dress-shirt and black jeans.

As much as this man, who only seconds ago, had been staring at her from across the room looked good enough to eat, she couldn't shake this eery vibe she got from him, "Hi." She replied drily, just before she sought her drink for some more liquid courage.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked in that smooth baritone that reminded her of Robin Thicke.

She shrugged non-chalantly, "Suit yourself." There was absolutely no need to entertain him. Maybe if she gave him the cold shoulder long enough, he'd get the point and move on

He slipped into the barstool in a heartbeat, apparently refusing to be fazed by her cold demeanor, "My name's Daniel, yours?"

Selly took her time before answering, "Ellie." She replied, unwilling to disclose her real name.

"Ellie, like Eleanor?"

She gave a tight smile, "Yes."

He nodded, "Okay. You've been sitting alone for a while, just thought I'd come keep you company. No boyfriend?"

Well, he certainly didn't waste time getting to the crux of the matter. Unfortunately, she wasn't a fan of straightforward men, some things were better soaked in caramel before they were presented, "Girls night out." She replied.

He looked around apparently looking for whoever she had tagged along with, "Where are your friends?"

"One friend, she's occupied." She replied unwilling to specify who exactly she was talking about, she doubted it was smart exposing Linda's identity.

He raised a brow and gave an "Oh.", a mischievous smile dancing on his lips.

She could only imagine what he assumed she meant by being 'occupied'...not that it was any of her business, she didn't care what he thought. She took her drink and downed the rest of the glass. What time was it any way? She had had enough of this outing, she just wanted to go home and re-acquaint herself with her bed.

"Mind if I buy you another drink?" He offered.

She looked at the cup in front of her like she expected it to give her a clue on her reply. This was her fifth cup, the fact that she was yet to throw up was a miracle in it's self, her maximum was usually 3 cups, she didn't want to test the endurance of her kidney, especially when she was sitting next to some weird guy.

"Actually I..." The words got stuck in her throat as she looked toward the entrance and saw Chuks with a couple of guys...her eyes bulged out, if he saw her...no, if he saw them, they'd both be screwed.

"You what? Are you okay?" She heard Daniel say.

She shook her head, her eyes still trained on Chuks, she had to get Linda, it was time to leave. Just as the thought crossed her mind, his gaze fell on her, she whipped her head away, but not fast enough to miss his smile wipe off his face. She grabbed her handbag, maybe they could leave fast enough and avoid him, he could peg it as a figment of his imagination.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." She said to Daniel as she got off the stool and made her way towards Linda, ignoring Daniel's questions.

Linda seemed to be having fun with her new found friend, Selly saw her throw her head back in laughter at some story he was telling her, she almost felt bad that she'd have to break up the conversation, but it was better than having Chuks break it up. She shivered at the thought, unlike his older brother, Selly was aware of Chuks' possessiveness, he would throw a huge fit if he saw Linda with another man.

"Lin, we gotta go." Selly said as she grabbed Linda's hand.

"Hey, Selly, meet Ron..he's a comedian" Linda introduced.

Ron turned to her with a grin that showed off an impressive set of white teeth, "Hi, I've heard quite a bit about you Selly."

She nodded, "Nice to meet you too." She returned her attention to Linda, "Lin, we gotta go." Selly said, her tone urgent. She looked puzzeled, which was expected, but Selly wasn't patient enough to explain anything to Linda right now.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Linda we gotta go now, it's..."

"What are both of you doing here?" The very familiar voice cut through their conversation and made Selly go still. She closed her eyes and sighed deeply, well, if all else failed, she could always blame it all on Linda.

The look on Linda's face was enough evidence to show that she was probably thinking along the same line, her eyes darted to Ron who was looking from Chuks to both women in obvious confusion.

"Hello, I'm Ron." Ron said, stretching out his hand for a shake.

Chuks looked from Ron's outstretched hand, to Linda who was avoiding his gaze and back to the hand before taking it in a firm grip, "Chuks." He replied as he shook him, he gripped Ron's hand tighter, making him wince just a little before he released him.

Ron was glad to have his hand back, he flexed his fingers to be sure he could still feel them, his smile unwavering, "It's nice to meet you."

"The feeling is mutual." Chuks replied before turning his attention to the two erring women, "If you don't mind, I'll have to steal these beautiful women from you." He said, his voice much more cheerful than Linda and Selly knew he really was.

Ron's face registered realisation as he turned to both women, "Sure, of course. Take them away."

"Alright ladies, let's go home." Chuks replied with a straight face.

"What about your frie..."

"Let's go. Now." Linda's valiant effort at postponing the on-coming verbal tirade was shot down with those words. Chuks turned around, went to his friends and bid them farewell, the two men he was talking to looked towards Selly and Linda as if to confirm Chuks' reason for leaving before they shook him. He turned to them, seeing them rooted in the same position, he swung his head toward the door as if to remind them that they were leaving just before he walked out.

Linda and Selly exchanged looks of dread briefly, they made their way towards the door, knowing they were done for. Selly grabbed Linda's hand just before they reached the door forcing Linda's attention.

"Lin, I just want you to know that when we get back, I'm totally throwing you under the bus." She said, her tone dead serious. She had seen how bad Chuks could get in a mouth off, suffice it to say he wasn't lacking as far as arsenals in a verbal beat down went and she wasn't willing to receive any of that, especially knowing she had been reluctant to come here.

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by fairygeh(f): 7:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
Oh I absolutely love this story.damn,u a good writer.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by 9jawhite: 10:52am On Dec 18, 2014
Thank God ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, she is back. lol loving this story like "kilode"
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Eneze1(f): 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
Welcome back Safarigirl, thanks for this update
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Sirakj(m): 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
Nice work you have, safarigirl.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by SusannaJohnson(f): 11:25am On Dec 27, 2014
Thanks for the update Safarigirl, you are such a darling. This is my best story and I wish you'll update soon. You are absolutely terrific.
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Toeyean1507(f): 10:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
Hi Safarigirl. U inspire me a lot with ur style of
writing dat I can't help but to conclude dis
talent of urs is divine. Well done,ma'am. Ur
works always pique my interest buh ur
inconsistency ish........OMG! Its always painful.
Try to finish one work b4 anoda and do give us
time of updates. I've said dis b4 and
Jefferyjames said u r a stubborn specie,lol. I
don't wanna believe he's right after all. Try and
fix dis up. Don't kill d vibe b4 it
starts............Bless u,sis.

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2014
Wow! this is too great, Safari Girl. I love it mmmuah
Re: Getting A Life- Safarigirl by vonn(f): 8:37pm On Jan 05, 2015
Patiently waiting.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All I've Never Wanted... A Novella / Crazy Hannah - By Lady C / The Power Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.