Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? (2601 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work / Is Going To Church Necessary For Salvation? / Is Suffering Necessary For Salvation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
Is Repentance Necessary for Salvation?

The Bible says that salvation is a free gift of God (Romans 6:23). We are saved by grace and grace alone (Ephesians 2:8-9). No one can earn salvation by repenting or by believing. It is grace that saves us, and the way to partake of that grace is by God-granted repentance (2 Timothy 2:24-26), and faith alone in Jesus.

It is true that there are numerous verses that speak of the promise of salvation, with no mention of repentance. These merely say to "believe" on Jesus Christ and you shall be saved (Acts 16:31; Romans 10:9). However, the Bible makes it clear that God is holy and man is sinful, and that sin makes a separation between the two (Isaiah 59:1,2).

Without repentance from sin, wicked men cannot have fellowship with a holy God. We are dead in our trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1) and until we forsake them through repentance, we cannot be made alive in Christ. The Scriptures speak of "repentance unto life" (Acts 11:18). We turn from sin to the Saviour. This is why Paul preached "repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ" (Acts 20:21).

The first public word Jesus preached was "repent" (Matthew 4:17). John the Baptist began his ministry the same way (Matthew 3:2). Jesus told His hearers that without repentance, they would perish (Luke 13:3). If belief is all that is necessary for salvation, then the logical conclusion is that one need never repent.

However, the Bible tells us that a false convert "believes" and yet is not saved (Luke 8:13); he remains a "worker of iniquity." Look at the warning of Scripture: "If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth" (1 John 1:6).

The Scriptures also say, "He that covers his sins shall not prosper, but whoso confesses and forsakes them [repentance] shall have mercy" (Proverbs 28:13). Jesus said that there was joy in heaven over one sinner who "repents" (Luke 15:10). If there is no repentance, there is no joy because there is no salvation.

When Peter preached on the Day of Pentecost, he commanded his hearers to repent "for the remission of sins" (Acts 2:38). Without repentance, there is no remission of sins; we are still under His wrath. Peter further said, "Repent …and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out" (Acts 3:19). We cannot be "converted" unless we repent. God Himself "commands all men everywhere [leaving no exceptions] to repent" (Acts 17:30). Peter said a similar thing at Pentecost: "Repent, and be baptized every one of you" (Acts 2:38).

www.livingwaters.com

Also see:

https://www.nairaland.com/5197050/woman-caught-act

https://www.nairaland.com/5244703/revolting-natives#79328081

https://www.nairaland.com/5217484/what-saved#78878196

https://www.nairaland.com/5211136/christian#78773509

https://www.nairaland.com/5166358/hands-carpenter#78057969

https://www.nairaland.com/5175183/those-think-hell-hideous-doctrine#78199300

https://www.nairaland.com/5166379/a-frame-roof#78058149

https://www.nairaland.com/3839573/how-preach-loved-one-atheist#57176103

https://www.nairaland.com/5085984/power-cross#76776665

https://www.nairaland.com/5080081/what-graven-image#76672024

https://www.nairaland.com/5035508/understanding-chinese#75925089

https://www.nairaland.com/4842206/why-sinners-go-hell#72918615

https://www.nairaland.com/1496630/how-know-saved#19160717

https://www.nairaland.com/1316258/hells-best-kept-secret#16109045
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by submit: 11:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
Indeed!
What I don't understand is there was no mention of the repentance of the guy 'crucified' with jesus that day. Twas only a testimony from his lips(and from your write-up,testimony isn't enough for salvation). Or do u care to explain without twisting scriptures?

So much for a complete book
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:03am On Jul 02, 2014
submit:

Indeed!
What I don't understand is there was no mention of the repentance of the guy 'crucified' with jesus that day. Twas only a testimony from his lips(and from your write-up,testimony isn't enough for salvation). Or do u care to explain without twisting scriptures?

Of course, the thief was repentant. He saw and heard the first two words from the mouth of our Saviour on the cross (See Luke 23:34; Jn 19:26) which brought conviction and conversion. He confessed and forsook his sin and therefore received mercy.
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by submit: 12:30am On Jul 02, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Of course, the thief was repentant. He saw and heard the first two words from the mouth of our Saviour on the cross (See Luke 23:34; Jn 19:26) which brought conviction and conversion. He confessed and forsook his sin and therefore received mercy.
I am not sure you read your write-up. Also there wasn't any record of him confessing his sin to jesus. That he admonished his partner doesn't mean he wouldn't go back to the sin.
Then conversion to jew or what?there is no record of that also
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:27am On Jul 02, 2014
submit:

I am not sure you read your write-up. Also there wasn't any record of him confessing his sin to jesus. That he admonished his partner doesn't mean he wouldn't go back to the sin.
Then conversion to jew or what?there is no record of that also

Do you object to the point of the OP? The thief you are referring to was repentant if you consider the following points:

1. He feared God (Luke 23:40).

2. He rebuked the other unrepentant thief for not fearing God (Luke 23:40),

3. He acknowledged his own condemnation and helpless state (Luke 23:40),

4. He acknowledged justice for crimes committed (Luke 23:41),

5. He confessed faith in the innocence of Christ who had been cleared by all civil rulers of any wrong doing but was just being crucified due to jealousy and malice (Luke 23:41),

6. He confessed Jesus as Lord (Luke 23:42),

7. He confessed faith in the eventual triumph of Christ's kingdom (Luke 23:42),

8. He asked for mercy and forgiveness of our Lord Jesus Christ (Luke 23:42).

Now tell me what repentance means?

"He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy" (Proverbs 28:13).

You can see from this verse that salvation is a two sided coin. It takes repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and not easy believism.

Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by Pr0ton: 1:17pm On Jul 02, 2014
@OP.... If repentance actually mean turning away from sin and thus required, why is it that the gospel of John never mentions repentance at all.. Yeah repentance is nowhere there! And if repentance means turning away from sin are you saying God in Gen6:6 and Exodus32:14 also turned away from sin!? "and it repented the Lord of the evil He thought to do unto His people.".. Yeah, of course, repentace is required for salvation, but not the type of repentance you are saying here...
The fault comes from our interpretation of the word repent
Repent comes from the greek word metanoeo which simply means "to change one's mind or purpose" and "To feel sorry for what one has done" which both interpretations fit in perfectly in Exodus32:14..
"Two sides of a coin" Yeah.. But not to your interpretation.. You can't have faith in God without repenting, and you can't actually repent without putting faith in Christ Jesus as your Savior..
To put it clear, they are the same.. And the book of John confirm
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by submit: 2:04pm On Jul 02, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Do you object to the point of the OP? The thief you are referring to was repentant if you consider the following points:

1. He feared God (Luke 23:40).

2. He rebuked the other unrepentant thief for not fearing God (Luke 23:40),

3. He acknowledged his own condemnation and helpless state (Luke 23:40),

4. He acknowledged justice for crimes committed (Luke 23:41),

5. He confessed faith in the innocence of Christ who had been cleared by all civil rulers of any wrong doing but was just being crucified due to jealousy and malice (Luke 23:41),

6. He confessed Jesus as Lord (Luke 23:42),

7. He confessed faith in the eventual triumph of Christ's kingdom (Luke 23:42),

8. He asked for mercy and forgiveness of our Lord Jesus Christ (Luke 23:42).

Now tell me what repentance means?

"He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy" (Proverbs 28:13).

You can see from this verse that salvation is a two sided coin. It takes repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and not easy believism.

Using proverbs 28:13 as a reference, I am happy that in the 8 points you listed,you dint write he confessed his sin to jesus.
Please ehn,maybe you should read verse 41-42 again of that ur book. And please stop twisting scriptures... Thanks
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
Pr0ton:

@OP.... If repentance actually mean turning away from sin and thus required, why is it that the gospel of John never mentions repentance at all.. Yeah repentance is nowhere there! And if repentance means turning away from sin are you saying God in Gen6:6 and Exodus32:14 also turned away from sin!? "and it repented the Lord of the evil He thought to do unto His people.".. Yeah, of course, repentace is required for salvation, but not the type of repentance you are saying here...
The fault comes from our interpretation of the word repent
Repent comes from the greek word metanoeo which simply means "to change one's mind or purpose" and "To feel sorry for what one has done" which both interpretations fit in perfectly in Exodus32:14..
"Two sides of a coin" Yeah.. But not to your interpretation.. You can't have faith in God without repenting, and you can't actually repent without putting faith in Christ Jesus as your Savior..
To put it clear, they are the same.. And the book of John confirm

I believe this article will illuminate you as to the two sides of the same coin.

Repentance and Faith

"Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel." (Mark 1:14-15)

There are many passages in the New Testament which indicate that repentance is the key to salvation. For example, Paul said that he had preached everywhere that they "should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance" (Acts 26:20). But he also preached that faith in Christ is the way to be saved. "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved" (Acts 16:31). One could cite many verses stressing repentance and many that stress faith.

There can obviously be no real conflict here, though there is a danger in what has been called "easy believism," if repentance is ignored. Mental assent to certain facts about Christ is not true saving faith. Nor will it produce salvation for a person merely to be sorry for his sins and change his behavior if he did not really trust from his heart in the person and work of Christ.

It is not "either/or" but "both/and." One cannot truly repent (that is "change his mind" about Christ and His work, as well as his own life) without genuinely believing personally that Christ died for his sins and rose again to provide his salvation. Neither can one have genuine faith in Christ as Son of God and as his own personal Saviour without having his whole life and attitude changed.

It is like two sides of the same coin--repentance on one side, faith on the other. We can only see one side at a time, but both are real and neither can be there without the other. The real "formula" for salvation is "repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ" (Acts 20:21). As Christ Himself preached (see our text): "Repent ye, and believe the gospel." HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
submit:

Using proverbs 28:13 as a reference, I am happy that in the 8 points you listed,you dint write he confessed his sin to jesus.
Please ehn,maybe you should read verse 41-42 again of that ur book. And please stop twisting scriptures... Thanks

Do you know what godly sorrow is all about?
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by Pr0ton: 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
@OP
2Cor11:3,"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."
I agree with your post. I agree that saving faith produces good works and a change of life, but neither good works nor change of life produces saving faith. I agree that both repentance and faith are needed, but I insist that both repentance and faith are the same tho Mark1:15 seems to make them different phases and Act 20:21 too which I will explain later..
When you turn to Christ by faith for the forgiveness of sin is repentance. Repentance is the foundation of a saving faith which, of course, will produce fruit. I can just tell a person to repent toward God and be saved. I'm still saying have faith in God and be saved. James 2:19 says that even the devils believe in God but not unto salvation rather they tremble. Their faith isn't the saving faith in the Bible. The saving faith is the one "repentance" can substitute
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by Pr0ton: 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
@OP
2Cor11:3,"But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."
I agree with your post. I agree that saving faith produces good works and a change of life, but neither good works nor change of life produces saving faith. I agree that both repentance and faith are needed, but I insist that both repentance and faith are the same tho Mark1:15 seems to make them different phases and Act 20:21 too which I will explain later..
When you turn to Christ by faith for the forgiveness of sin is repentance. Repentance is the foundation of a saving faith which, of course, will produce fruit. I can just tell a person to repent toward God and be saved. I'm still saying have faith in God and be saved. James 2:19 says that even the devils believe in God but not unto salvation rather they tremble. Their faith isn't the saving faith in the Bible. The saving faith is the one "repentance" can substitute for
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
Pr0ton:

@OP
When you turn to Christ by faith for the forgiveness of sin is repentance. Repentance is the foundation of a saving faith which, of course, will produce fruit. I can just tell a person to repent toward God and be saved. I'm still saying have faith in God and be saved. James 2:19 says that even the devils believe in God but not unto salvation rather they tremble. Their faith isn't the saving faith in the Bible. The saving faith is the one "repentance" can substitute for

James 2:19 you quoted strikes the point 'am making. Mental assent is not the same as saving faith and as a result cannot lead to godly sorrow. Below is another article on the differences between easy believism and true faith.

Easy Believism And True Faith

"And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things." (Luke 24:47,48)

The above commandment is a part of Christ's Great Commission, and it is important to note that "repentance" was to be preached along with "remission of sins," both of them "in His name." The fact that "repentance . . . in His name" is essentially synonymous with "believing in Him," is evident from Peter’s message to the Gentiles in Cornelius’ home: "Through His name whosoever believeth in Him shall receive remission of sins" (Acts 10:43).

Repentance and faith are like two sides of the same coin; one cannot exist without the other. True repentance (the transformation of one's mind in its entire attitude toward God, submitting to His sovereign holiness and hatred of sin) is essentially synonymous with true faith (full commitment to, and trust in, the person and work of God's Son as one's Creator, Redeemer, and personal Saviour).

The problem is that what has become known as "easy believism" is widespread among Christian "soul winners," and multitudes have become "professing Christians," simply on the basis of a mental and verbal, least-common denominator "statement of faith," and/or some kind of "conversion experience," all of which are meaningless without genuine repentance. Repeating a prayer at the end of a gospel tract does not save, if it consists merely of words.

Repentance is not merely sorrow for past sins, but a complete change of mind, and this can only be proved real (even to the believer himself) by a changed life. Both Jews and Gentiles "should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance" (Acts 26:20), and this should be paramount in our witnessing as well. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by malvisguy212: 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
submit: Indeed!

jesus is a link to God , the gateway to heaven, he is our salvation.

On the cross, the criminal was talking directly to jesus, he is talking to the word of God, the other criminal ask jesus to save himself if he was the Son of God, but the criminal on the right hand of jesus rebuke him , "WE DESERVE OUR PUNISHMENT, BUT THIS MAN HAS DON NOTING WRONG" this statement mean that he regreted all the crime he commited, and he say to jesus LORD REMEMBER ME WHEN YOU COME TO YOUR KINGDOM. So my good friend , this is repentance. salvation through jesus christ. Thank you.
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by Pr0ton: 7:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
Moreover, Rom 4:5 doesnt teach that God takes repentance into account for righteousness but faith.. The book of John mainly deals on faith and never contains the words "repentance" and "repent". Yeah, some verses of the Bible state that repentance, in many cases only repentance, is all what that is required for salvation. Yet, the great and popular verse for salvation, Rom10:9, doesnt require repentance at all. This doesnt mean that Bible contradicts itself. It only, as I deem, tries to explain faith and repentance that both do not deal with works but the sincerity of the heart. Not only does the Bible teach so, but it also teaches that true salvation(now bringing faith and repentance as one) will definitely produce good works. And that's why the Gospel of John has no wordings as repentance since believe takes care of it all.
The "meet" used in Act 26:20 also means "on the ground of" which still means true salvation produces good works.
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
Pr0ton:

Moreover, Rom 4:5 doesnt teach that God takes repentance into account for righteousness but faith.. The book of John mainly deals on faith and never contains the words "repentance" and "repent". Yeah, some verses of the Bible state that repentance, in many cases only repentance, is all what that is required for salvation. Yet, the great and popular verse for salvation, Rom10:9, doesnt require repentance at all. This doesnt mean that Bible contradicts itself. It only, as I deem, tries to explain faith and repentance that both do not deal with works but the sincerity of the heart. Not only does the Bible teach so, but it also teaches that true salvation(now bringing faith and repentance as one) will definitely produce good works. And that's why the Gospel of John has no wordings as repentance since believe takes care of it all.
The "meet" used in Act 26:20 also means "on the ground of" which still means true salvation produces good works.

Now back to the question of the OP: Is repentance necessary for salvation?
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by submit: 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Do you know what godly sorrow is all about?
Guy no dey twist scripture ere..
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by MarilynNash(f): 6:25am On Jul 04, 2014
submit: Indeed!

One word: Grace.
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by Pr0ton: 6:35am On Jul 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

OLAADEGBU:

It's ultimately and compulsorily required provided its the biblical repentance. Admiting you are sinner, not just a sinner, but a sinner under the judgement of God. And then going by faith to Jesus who is the only Mediator between you and God. Confessing Him as your Lord i.e the Messiah/Christ who died for your sins. And believe that He has forgiven you ALL YOUR SINS. Col2:13-15 (this will give boldness before God and assure your salvation, 1John5:13) all I sum up as the repentance required. The repentance of a change of mind and not a change of action but, of course, can lead to a change of action.
struggling with network here

1 Like

Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by submit: 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
Marilyn_Nash: One word: Grace.
Thanks..you said it all

Just wanted to shut the op's mouf
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by submit: 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
malvisguy212: jesus is a link to God , the gateway to heaven, he is our salvation.

On the cross, the criminal was talking directly to jesus, he is talking to the word of God, the other criminal ask jesus to save himself if he was the Son of God, but the criminal on the right hand of jesus rebuke him , "WE DESERVE OUR PUNISHMENT, BUT THIS MAN HAS DON NOTING WRONG" this statement mean that he regreted all the crime he commited, and he say to jesus LORD REMEMBER ME WHEN YOU COME TO YOUR KINGDOM. So my good friend , this is repentance. salvation through jesus christ. Thank you.
Re-read the op's 1st write-up, then re-read your bible..from verse 40-41,he wasn't talking to jesus. It was in 42 he talked to jesus. You people should stop misquoting your bible please. There was no mention of repentance. That you regret an action doesn't mean you repent of it. Moreover, the bible dint make mention of his confession to jesus or god. Twas basically lyk a presidential grant;nothing more,nothing less. EOD.
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by submit: 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2014
Well I love d arguements sha..shows 2 things:
1. Your bible isn't comprehensive enough
2. You christains don't really know what's right since all are speculations (we dnt know what daddy g wants)
3. Since god didn't repent of all his evil(selfish-good) in the old testaments, he won't make heaven
4. Its all a delirium
...Oops! 4 already,so much for a complete book
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by Pr0ton: 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
submit:
Well I love d arguements sha..shows 2 things:
1. Your bible isn't comprehensive enough
2. You christains don't really know what's right since all are speculations (we dnt know what daddy g wants)
3. Since god didn't repent of all his evil(selfish-good) in the old testaments, he won't make heaven
4. Its all a delirium
...Oops! 4 already,so much for a complete book
From who did you get the bolded text from?
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by submit: 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2014
Pr0ton:
From who did you get the bolded text from?
Am very sure you don't want to get started with me..please read your bible well. If you can show me that the god of the old testament isn't cruel, wicked,bloodthirsthy and a racist,I would take it back. Now please don't twist bible
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by Pr0ton: 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
submit:
Am very sure you don't want to get started with me..please read your bible well. If you can show me that the god of the old testament isn't cruel, wicked,bloodthirsthy and a racist,I would take it back. Now please don't twist bible
Why are u using "read ur Bible well" to hide ursef. You do know well that your the one who ought to read his Bible well. And not just reading, read with understanding and stop following all those ignorants misleading you.
God is love as the Bible declares, and He is also "a consuming fire" as Heb12:29 declares. "Inflicting vengeance upon those who do not know God and upon those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They shall suffer the punishment of eternal destruction and exclusion from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might." Thess1:8-9.. Not that God loves He's "not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance." 2Pt3:9 "But by your hard and impatient heart you are storing up wrath for yourself.."
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by Pr0ton: 3:03pm On Jul 04, 2014
Pr0ton:
Why are u using "read ur Bible well" to hide ursef. You do know well that your the one who ought to read his Bible well. And not just reading, read with understanding and stop following all those ignorants misleading you.
God is love as the Bible declares, and He is also "a consuming fire" as Heb12:29 declares. "Inflicting vengeance upon those who do not know God and upon those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They shall suffer the punishment of eternal destruction and exclusion from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might." Thess1:8-9.. Not that God loves He's "not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance." 2Pt3:9 "But by your hard and impatient heart you are storing up wrath for yourself.."
That's from Rom 2:5 if you mind to know.. Above all, "repent, and believe in the gospel." Mark 1:15
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by submit: 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
Pr0ton:
Sweetdelirium..do I sound like a christain to you? All I asked you was show me that your god isn't wicked and cruel and all you could do was quote from that flawed book

Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
submit:

Guy no dey twist scripture ere..

Is that an escape clause that you keep using when you get stuck? undecided
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by submit: 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Is that an escape clause that you keep using when you get stuck? undecided
I asked you a question,you spew out of context and you still complaining.
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
submit:

I asked you a question,you spew out of context and you still complaining.

Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by waleomooyeola04(m): 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
Yes indeed... Because God also commanded it!
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by Pr0ton: 6:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
LOL Op.. When repentance doesnt mean FORSAKE(Which we will then say salvation is not a gift).. Well most people on earth won't want to hear it because of ignorance, and the Devil darkens their heart€makes them work in darkness.. But to those who are saved it is the reminder of God's UNCONDITIONAL and INCOMPARABLE love, because He has made salvation so simple that "whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."
Re: Is Repentance Necessary For Salvation? by AyodejiCharles(m): 8:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
If you dont ask for forgiveness of sins(repentance) then salvation wont come your way from the forgiver of sins.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Are A Christian And Spread Mama G.O Meme, You Are A Fool(picture) / Does God Really "choose" A Spouse For You? / Christians Why Do Muslims ‘expect No Criticism’ And Why Do You Aid And Abet Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.