Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,964 members, 7,821,385 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka (25359 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 / Us Did Not Predict Nigeria’s Break-up In 2015 – Ambassador Mcculley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by ijechikky(f): 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
kevoh:
Because they are pessimists once it comes to matters than concern Soyinka. It doesn't matter what the Prof says they must say otherwise.
yua rit...

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by achi4u(m): 3:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
Anything to stay away from Boko haram should be highly welcomed.

In fact,Islam is like a cancer spreading to every part of its neighbors with violence.
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by jking001(m): 3:39pm On Jul 03, 2014
Know your history, are you trying to say that you don't know that Obasanjo during his time as president made zamfara a sharia state for their support for his government, he said it recently that he gave them their sharia state, this is a secular country for awo's sake,the mistake we make is that most of us don't understand the dynamics of what's happening, when you allow sharia then caliphate must be created to allow it thrive and the laws are changed to pure islamic laws,so what's the root cause of this problem if I may ask? It's Obasanjo that started it,kmow your history.

Smooyis: How?

6 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by jking001(m): 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2014
Know your history, are you trying to say that you don't know that Obasanjo during his time as president made zamfara a sharia state for their support for his government, he said it recently that he gave them their sharia state, this is a secular country for awo's sake,the mistake we make is that most of us don't understand the dynamics of what's happening, when you allow sharia then caliphate must be created to allow it thrive and the laws are changed to pure islamic laws,so what's the root cause of this problem if I may ask? It's Obasanjo that started it,kmow your history.

Hostermipo: if I may ask, HOW?

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by ghostfinger67: 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2014

sCun:
Nonsense![s]

I don't do continental crap.
[/s]

Dat exactly is the truth.
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by BarryX(m): 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
Boko Haram makes break-up less likely??

I think there was an error either from Reuters or a tongue-slip from The Prof .

Cos no permutation or analysis add up the premise of the supposed argument for "less likely" unless he comes out with a better evidence .
Try asking a Nigerian on the street and I tell you, more are in favour of a break-up of some sort.
Old age is probably telling on the Nobel laureate already

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by juman(m): 3:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
The bombing is not yet at his neighborhood that was why he said that.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by greatestman(m): 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2014
[s]
EasternLeopard: Prof when BH bombs Lagos continuously, your stand After several attacks is what I will take.

United ko Unity ni
[/s]
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by greatestman(m): 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2014
juman: The [b]bombing is not yet at his neighborhood [/b]that was why he said that.

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ceasar1: I'm tried of this old Man's habitual gibberish on media!

He always speaks like he knows something from Jupiter but he knows Nothing! Absolutely Nothing but Books!
...don't you wish you know half of what he knows?....he is a professor, he is a Nobel laurate winner, he only knows book? Yes, but you what do you know?...simpleton

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by juman(m): 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
The common man would be better off if this aimless country is separated.
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
Deiok: What would the younger wole soyinka had say.
...he would have said ' you should be more pro active in thinking, in reasoning than typing

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Deiok(m): 4:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
Samakinr:
...he would have said ' you should be more pro active in thinking, in reasoning than typing
Who is this Fool.

2 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Yinkagbo(m): 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2014
jking001: Obasanjo the cause of our problems can't we see ?that man destroyed nigeria for personal gains.

What's "it" saying?
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
all4naija: He didn't say that. He talked about the way these acts are carried out by the Boko Haram Islamists as gravely beyond the Nigerian civil war.
Hediot, did you read b4 typing.... Igbos lost more than 3 million yet this man said 3,000 ppl killed by Bh is more
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by extension: 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2014
so 3,000,000 souls killed during the civil war is equal to 3,000 to 4,500 so far lost in boko haram killings. what a brain and calculation.
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by semitunde: 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
caseless: he said 'less likely' and not 'more likely'. I advice u read again.

You got what he's saying wrong. He made a mistake by putting "reserve" instead if "reverse". Correct this and read his post again, I'm sure it will make more sense.
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by semitunde: 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
Truckpusher: They know their boundaries my brother.

No my brother, they don't know their boundaries. I hope events don't prove me right though.

I have said in several.post that we mostly call for separation without looking realistically at "how" this will be done, and more importantly "what" happens after.

Will we become little Ukrains or Sudan or Eritrea. The story of the aftermath hasn't been good for Africans especially, not just because we don't think far unto the future and are only conserned with the present emotions; but because even when one part of the separation wants to progress, the others won't simply let it.

Again check Sudan out. Nigeria's aftermath may be even worse. I see us getting into the tit for tat continuous bombing of each other to settle personal scores ala Sunnis and and Shiites in the middle east. It is truly scary.

5 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Balkan(m): 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
L.M Ayedun..:

Seun, ban this E-goat.
you Aboki brother will wake and keep insulting your president
Everyday. Blockheads and hypocrisy
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by barackodam: 4:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
jhidey08: GENS dey wait u on 16th

Initially, I ddnr get wat u said, bug after reading 3CE I understood perfectly and cudnt help but laf.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Tanks for d reminder though
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by whitecat007: 4:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
This man is 110% right, if all the lives lost is not enough for all Nigerians to be calling for break up day and night, by actually walking the walk, nothing is ever going to make Nigerians rise. He also said the few talking about it are not getting national attention. The message is loaded and only few Nigerians know that this is an indictment on Nigerians who don't know what exactly they want and this is the safest way Soyinka can say it without being invited by SSS for calling for break up of the country with the fools on nairaland still calling him a trouble maker. The message from Soyinka is out and bokoharam knows what to do with it, Yoruba know what to do with it and I'm very sure Hausa-Fulani know what they would do with it.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Balkan(m): 4:50pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ahoy to you CBD. You have barked. Lobbers should jazz away

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by JonTL: 4:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
y, y, y. Right 4rm d onset of foreign religion in nigeria, dere as been controversies. It is almost impossible 4 d unity of nigeria 2 b certain. We all fink dat its diff tribes dat is causing dis diversification in our society, but d main prob is religion and dere diff ideals, christians are trained 2 luk at everybody outside it as been condemned while muslims are reciprocating d same with dere own diff ideals, traditional worshipper are called devils, wen wud dere ever b unity in dis country, we cant say 4 sure d reason behind dis slaugters by boko haram but we can say its 4 d achievement of dere ideals, of course dere as 2 b a reason, everyone has his own supreme belief and it is wrong 2 force some1 or even intimidate others in accepting ur beliefs, branding deres as wrong and urs as right. Let us all focus more in makin ourselves better in order 2 make our soceities better and improve ourselves and it.
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by mooyguy(m): 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2014
Obasanjo one of teh causes of Nigeria present deformation? True. allowing sharia law is one of the evil he has done for personal gain and because of that the so called boko haram has grown wings. Ali sherif i Maiduguri is now a friend of the president Jonathan and he( Ali Sherif) is said to be a major sponsor of boko haram who has turned over maiduguri, i hope this would end soon and that Nothern christians would team up with the fateful Norther Muslims who are truly not in agreement with the doctrines of Bokoharam who has turned Islam the other way round.

The major problem with Nigerians is that no one is ready to front a confrotation againt Boko haram. I hope will will soon have an end to this if our Soldiers too would not be compromised to be able to defend our great nation NIGERIA.
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Pque(m): 5:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
I think what Baba is saying is if Nigeria does not break now as a result of dis violent jihadist blood sucker which is very unlikely because d probability it will is still very low then, it won't break again. Indirectly, d attack will lead to a new uniting nation that respect one another irrespective of religion or ethnic difference. If it does not break now, then never and a new uniting nation emerges.
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by johnwell(m): 5:15pm On Jul 03, 2014
gratiaeo: We have never had a country called Nigeria. What we have is a geographical location that extends to ‘country-in-progress’, but since a work-in-progress will either become a finished product or converted back to raw materials, it is better we stop deceiving ourselves that we have a country-NIGERIA, just NO please.

The best solution that I stand to support is parting ways for our coming together is not a marriage where divorce is not allowed(biblically, though with an exception of fornication). Nigeria as a country has not only fornicated or committed adultery, it has been molested and rendered desolate.

This my present position actually negates my original stand-point that Nigeria will not or should not break, but by many evil happenings and revelations, I have come to a conclusion, though not hastily, that our marriage will not work, except with DIVINE INTERVENTION which is not forthcoming.

you've just said it all.... Nigeria is a colonial error, her leaders are crazy comedians.
Nigerian leaders really manifest fela kuti's defination of democracy... "Demonstration of Craze"
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2014
[size=15pt]Soyinka said "I see both Christianity and Islam as foreign
impositions. "We cannot ignore the negative impact which both have had on African society," he told Reuters.
"They are imperialist forces: intervening,arrogant."[/size]

I hope we Nigerians read THIS...because some of us are very stu$pid in spite of how many times we are told what the truth is...Religion is the fundamental problem of Nigeria. The more educated you are, the less religious you are. Why is that? There is a reason and that reason is; KNOWLEDGE!

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2014
The prof is wrong in a way.... The reason Boko Haram isn't threatening the unity of Nigeria YET is because their attacks are mainly sectional...

If we understand the culture of Northern Nigeria, maybe we will understand the BOko Haram problem more.....

1) Most destitute in the north are extremely dependent on the rich folks... These folks are no longer as rich as they used to be under past northern administrations...

2) Sanusi once said the Literacy rate among North-west women in Nigeria is only 30% and the Literacy rate among South-west women is roughly 93%.... In the North-east, where Boko Haram is prevalent, maybe the Literacy rate might only be mere 10%..

3) Boko haram ideology is thriving on mass illiteracy in the north... The fundamental ideology of Boko Haram is so stupid that you don't need a brilliant kid in the south to dispel it for you....''Dad, how can you tell me western education is sin when u always send me to go buy Paracetamol for you when you have migraine?'' ''Isn't Paracetamol a product of Chemistry, thanks to western education?''

4) If you add mass illiteracy with an intolerant form of Islam and serenade it with political opportunist, you get Boko Haram...

To win the war against Boko Haram, the short term measure is containment, the long term solution is mass education..

Nigeria's unity is therefore dependent on how fast the north of Nigeria embrace education.

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by KwoiZabo(m): 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
What is wrong with this man? how can he compare the civil war where over a million life was lost in 3 yrs to BH which death toll is below 15000. How can he say lives are lost in thousands daily. Haba Soyinka. its a lie o. ppl that are supposed to protect the country's image is defaming it just because he hates the govt. of the day. This is ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Drdreluv: 6:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
WWWoOKLOADEDoTK: HOW TO GET FREE MTN 1GB WITH JUST N100 (TESTED & CONFIRMED FINALLY UPDATED at we.twomini.com/
hw true pls
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by IYANGBALI: 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
Wolison: Am coming......to comment later.......but soyinka abi Na soya beans.........wetin come be ur problem!!!!
who let the dog out?
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Hostermipo(m): 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2014
jking001:

hmmm, zamfara indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Expectations From President-elect, Buhari / Ferry Gberegbe: Governor Wike Redeems N200m Pledge To Late Dr's Family / Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.