Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka (25360 Views)

These 5 Powerful People May Cause Nigeria’s Break-up / IBB: How To Avoid Nigeria’s Break-Up In 2015 / Us Did Not Predict Nigeria’s Break-up In 2015 – Ambassador Mcculley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by ksusi: 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
Prof pls who is behind the breaking?
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Judolisco(m): 2:32pm On Jul 03, 2014
I don hear nxt
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by gratiaeo(m): 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2014
with due respect to anyone’s view or opinion per say, I think anybody saying that the emergence of boko haram could in any way make Nigerian to believe in one Nigeria is been deceived. The issue of boko haram has indeed shown that the 1914 amalgamation is a huge error that has brought Nigeria to her knees. For any reason, you don’t keep cat and dog together and expect peace to reign, no matter how we can pretend, there exist a BIG and NATURAL hatred among all the major ethic nationalities we have in Nigeria and that in has in turn bring susption

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by myspnigeria: 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
well spoken prof......facts only
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by KwoiZabo(m): 2:36pm On Jul 03, 2014
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by gratiaeo(m): 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2014
We have never had a country called Nigeria. What we have is a geographical location that extends to ‘country-in-progress’, but since a work-in-progress will either become a finished product or converted back to raw materials, it is better we stop deceiving ourselves that we have a country-NIGERIA, just NO please.

The best solution that I stand to support is parting ways for our coming together is not a marriage where divorce is not allowed(biblically, though with an exception of fornication). Nigeria as a country has not only fornicated or committed adultery, it has been molested and rendered desolate.

This my present position actually negates my original stand-point that Nigeria will not or should not break, but by many evil happenings and revelations, I have come to a conclusion, though not hastily, that our marriage will not work, except with DIVINE INTERVENTION which is not forthcoming.

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2014
I'm tried of this old Man's habitual gibberish on media!

He always speaks like he knows something from Jupiter but he knows Nothing! Absolutely Nothing but Books!

8 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2014
sCun: Soyinka's logic applies to northern Christians and Yorubas only.
Northern christians because ''one Nigeria'' is the only thing saving them from a total genocide or forced conversion to Islam.
Yorubas because the North is the true definition of being land locked and they will not want to lose their ports in Lagos among without a fight.
On point

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by NewsINigeria(m): 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2014
Noted

Photos : Man Dies After Eating Life Chicken And drank dry Gin in Friends Burial >>>> http://www..com/man-dies-after-eating-life-chicken-and-drank-dry-gin/
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Smooyis(m): 2:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
sCun: Soyinka's logic applies to northern Christians and Yorubas only.
Northern christians because ''one Nigeria'' is the only thing saving them from a total genocide or forced conversion to Islam.
Yorubas because the North is the true definition of being land locked and they will not want to lose their ports in Lagos among without a fight.
What is he saying now?
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by ogbronx(m): 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
These BH pple are still not getting the results they hoped to have by now. Spread panic and fear everywhere and in everyone.I see them intensifying their acts of terror. I guess what the prof has said is true to some extent because in other climes, these events would have caused a civil war already. Though there is palpable fear and hatred for northern Muslims because it of BH carnage,Nigerians have not resorted to civil war. Having said this, its pertinent we also accept the truth that though Nigeria would merely be regarded as a country, we were never a nation.
ethnic and religious bigotry is nothing new and would not stop anytime soon.
Its either confederation or we go our separate ways.

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Smooyis(m): 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2014
jking001: Obasanjo the cause of our problems can't we see ?that man destroyed nigeria for personal gains.
How?
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Deiok(m): 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2014
What would the younger wole soyinka had say.
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by IYANGBALI: 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2014
sCun:
They know their boundaries and those who have sworn to remain their slaves.
you are decieving yourself,if Nigeria goes down everyone of us goes down with her.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by IYANGBALI: 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
Smooyis: What is he saying now?
he was saying nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by ntyce(m): 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
WS is right, Nigerians now see Boko Haram as enemy number 1.
Every tribe is against it, we are all UNITED against the scourge.
This UNITY also ensures that breakup is less likely.

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Rockstar2014(m): 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
Yep! Wale, I agree with you considering the fact that the killing in recent time is not based on religious or ethnic group.Moreover, it seems we are coming to terms that Boko Haram is a common enemy that should be fought by all well meaning Nigeria and doesn't worth to cause our disintegration.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
Well, lets break up Nigeria . What next?

1.Boko Haram continues its carnage....because one thing about Boko that most secessionists don't get is that its ambitions are beyond Nigeria.....and it extends everywhere

One American missionary to the Philippines and her husband( also a missionary) were kidnapped by Muslim millitants ostensibly fighting for a separate Islamic state in the South of the Philippines. They spent up to 9 months with their captors. One night, the missionary asked one of her captors 'Suppose you get your Islamic state in the South, will you lay down your arms'? The millitant replied...No,we will conquer the rest of the Phillipines and then neighboring countries until we rule the world. (From the mouth of a supposed local militant).

2.Refugees get displaced, because even the far North has Christians and Pagans present. Guess what...they will be chased by the Islamists....and guess who will be forced to host them.....

3.Perpetual war between the constituent parts. Because splitting Nigeria is not as easy as a line drawn at the level of the Niger-Benue axis.

4.Minority tribes will suffer the most under a split Nigeria than they will under a united Nigeria.

5.And I have not mentioned/discussed who gets the oil.

Splitting Nigeria is easy.....it is dealing with the potential mess that is hard. FWIW....if we wanted to split easy ....1966 was the best year.

7 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by jhidey08(m): 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
barackodam: Can somebody just summarise wat op just said
GENS dey wait u on 16th
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by IYANGBALI: 3:05pm On Jul 03, 2014
Ceasar1: I'm tried of this old Man's habitual gibberish on media!

He always speaks like he knows something from Jupiter but he knows Nothing! Absolutely Nothing but Books!
you and your entire generations do not know and will never know 10 percent of what Soyinka knows,oponu ode,keep hating so ti gbo?

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by kobonaire(m): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2014
sCun:
This Islamist, middle east and Arabian crap is really really boring now, Boko Haram will not thrive without the support of the locals, quote me anywhere. Their fighters are not Arabs, but northern Hausas, Fulanis and Kanuris.
Stop blaming foreigners for your local problems.
excellent point. One of the keys to solving this problem is accepting the fact that there is support among some Nigerians (mainly in the North) for Boko Haram (in terms of members, intelligence and financial support). It is very much a local (Nigerian) problem with a local agenda. They are able to employ from across the border (in Chad and Niger) but that will stop if BH ceases to exist.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by iamsmile(m): 3:08pm On Jul 03, 2014
KwoiZabo: Soyinka is escalating the situation by saying that the killing has exceeded that of the civil war. What does he mean by daily attacks killing thousands. Haba Soyinka. its a lie o. It's unfortunate that ppl like this that are supposed to protect the image of our country go around the world to rubbish us just because the govt. of the day is not listening to them or just to gain cheap popularity. This is really disgusting.smh
ODE.........a nobel Laureate needs popularity?

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Caseless: 3:10pm On Jul 03, 2014
atlwireles: I think the reserve of what soyinka said is true. Boko haram carnage has not made this country more united, rather it has made division more likely than ever before. What periscope is this man looking at?
he said 'less likely' and not 'more likely'. I advice u read again.
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Hostermipo(m): 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2014
jking001: Obasanjo the cause of our problems can't we see ?that man destroyed nigeria for personal gains.
if I may ask, HOW?
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by ijechikky(f): 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2014
Soyinka spoke the truth... And I wonder why most of y'all can't see the truth...

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by joshcj(m): 3:22pm On Jul 03, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]Soyinka is dreaming and apperently he is looking for karo ;DSoyinka is dreaming and apperently he is looking for karo
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
ntyce: WS is right, Nigerians now see Boko Haram as enemy number 1.
Every tribe is against it, we are all UNITED against the scourge.
This UNITY also ensures that breakup is less likely.
You just gave me a better understanding of what Wole Soyinka said, and confirmed Prof. Robert Fox argument that Soyinka works are deep "ijinle" in meaning just like those of an oracle.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2014
IYA NGBALI: you and your entire generations do not know and will never know 10 percent of what Soyinka knows,oponu ode,keep hating so ti gbo?

I don't want to know all the stupid things he knows and I'm not hating.

What's the good of literature when you can't render a single humanitarian service with It?

A cobbler is above the picking order of this Old Man!

4 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Truckpusher(m): 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2014
Aigbofa:

And when they are done with Yoruba and northern Christians they will leave you in peace out of the goodness of their hearts.
They know their boundaries my brother.

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by kevoh(m): 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
ije chikky: Soyinka spoke the truth... And I wonder why most of y'all can't see the truth...
Because they are pessimists once it comes to matters than concern Soyinka. It doesn't matter what the Prof says they must say otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by Wolison(m): 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2014
Am coming......to comment later.......but soyinka abi Na soya beans.........wetin come be ur problem!!!!
Re: Boko-Haram Carnage Making Nigeria Break-up Less Likely - Soyinka by snthesis(m): 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2014
hmmm......

reverse psychology cool

.....but sowii guys it wont work, nothing will break the 9ja spirit cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Archbishop Of Canterbury Condemns Killing Of Peaceful Protesters In Nigeria(Pix) / Davido Reacts As Supreme Court Affirms His Uncle, Ademola As Osun Governor / Imo Government Comes To Aid Of Abandoned Sick Wife Whose Pics Went Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.