Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace (1195 Views)

One Of The Worst Roads In Nigeria / The Real Face Of Rochas Okorocha - The Gory State Of Imo State Roads. / See The Condition Of The 3 Battalion Nigerian Army Barracks In Effurun(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by NewNigeriaMind: 5:08pm On Jul 02, 2014
Yesterday I showed you the road that leads to Nigeria's premier port (see that here). Well, here's another road you guys need to see. This is the Ago-Okota road in Lagos. Business owners in the area say businesses have been forced to close because of the condition of the road...and residents say moving to and from their homes is a nightmare. See more photos after the cut...

Source:Lindaikeji

My Opinion

Yesterday I created a topic on the state of federal roads in Lagos.

Well from the same source, a state road in Lagos.

Also I will like to state this road has been discussed on this forum before-https://www.nairaland.com/1351476/terrible-state-ago-okota-road-lagos

CAVEAT: The road in question is about to be under construction by the government of the state, as such ago people can relax we have not relegated our duties like the federal government

Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by doncaster(m): 5:23pm On Jul 02, 2014
did I hear you say about to be constructed? Maybe you are joking. That road has been like that since the days of tinubu. When the Chinese started work 3 yrs ago I thought by now that road woulda been done but they just stopped at century and that is history now.

3 Likes

Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by gunuvi(m): 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2014
are you sure that is in Lagos? I thought Lagos is like new York since fashola assumed Office. diariss God ooo

2 Likes

Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by gratiaeo(m): 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2014
Go to Alaba Int'l market rd and see things 4 your self. We don't have government at all in this country

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by biafransoul: 7:08pm On Jul 02, 2014
The pics didn't do justice to the true state of the road. It's a no go area; the craters, no drainage, first etc. That place sucks
Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by ikweremilitant: 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2014
biafran soul: The pics didn't do justice to the true state of the road. It's a no go area; the craters, no drainage, first etc. That place sucks
nd yet fashola wil open hs gutter mouth to crictisice fg
Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2014
June 10, 2014

Also noting that work is yet to finish on the road,
Fashola, who pointed out that his administration
undertook the construction of the road without any
pressure from anyone or group, however, expressed
dismay that government ran into difficulties along the
line because people did not want to give up their
properties when there was need for expansion of the
road adding, “They wanted a road but nobody wanted it
to pass through his house. So who is going to sacrifice
for the public?”
“There were court cases; but in the even almost 4
kilometres have been completed. The last phase now,
which is about 3.4 kilometres, will give a total of about
7 kilometres of dual carriage way, which in effect is
about 14 kilometres road construction really in the most
densely populated part of town”, he said.

integrityreporters.com/news/fashola-inspects-lagos-homs-isolo-road-in-mushin-appeals-for-cooperation-to-finish-ago-palace-way/
Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2014
^^^ just sharing, even though i don't buy the silly excuses.

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by rash47(m): 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
Driving thru that way is terrible, esp from century down to community and no drainage too. The whole area ago-okota area is likw swamp,pressured lagoon water cont'n to flow in to homes leaving residen's helpless. When i visited a brother there not long ago it was like hell,mosquitoes in this community have no respect for human beings,the only type of car i saw were jeeps,smaller saloon cars dare not navigate that road. The state govt should as a matter of urgency alleviate the suffering of residents-drainages are essentially required to help the flow of water.

May God help our leaders
Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by doncaster(m): 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2014
Obiagelli: ^^^ just sharing, even though i don't buy the silly excuses.
that useless and silly excuse been on the news since 2011 so let him find another thing to say Jare.

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2014
I have not been to Ago Palace Way for close to 5years so I don't know the state of the road.
Ejigbo needs urgent attention o! That road is something else.

embarassed
Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by redsun(m): 8:16pm On Jul 02, 2014
Goods roads and good transportation networks in general are the fast tracks to organized and manageable development.A people that does not understand the fundamental importance of good roads might just aswell be regarded as hunter gatherers of the preneolithic age that uses bush tracks to go about their businesses.
Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 02, 2014
I comment my reserve.
As small as the landmass of Lagos is, they have these bad state roads?

3 Likes

Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by KwoiZabo(m): 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2014
I hope this will make front page since apapa road too made front page. its unfortunate I ply both roads daily. oya mod front page things
Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by Reptyle(m): 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2014
I ply both routes quite regularly...and I know both roads are under construction...and i know that work on both roads is far too slow.

The Chinese construction company has done some very good work up to Century bus stop and that work seems to have stopped. If the Governor's excuse is valid, then the prople in the area must realize that there must be sacrifice for development to take place.

Julius berger is also doing very good work on the refurbishment of the Apapa - Oshodi Expressway...although going by their standards, the work is really slow and causing untold hardship to motorists on that route everyday. The rains have rendered Mile 2 a nightmare with traffic build up all the way to 2nd rainbow or even Ijesha Bus Stops on some days.

While I commend both the State and Federal governments on ongoing and completed road constructions, a lot more needs to be done and time is short...2015 is just around the corner.

1 Like

Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by redsun(m): 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2014
That road has been like for years.It has always been a nightmare,especially during the raining season.There is no functional drainage to sulk the water off the road,so no matter the DIY carried out on it,it will still be reshaped by the power of uncontrolled water.
Re: The Condition Of State Roads In Lagos: A Case Study Of Ago Palace by Richhommie(m): 10:25am On Jul 03, 2014
Worst road ever

(1) (Reply)

Oyinlola Final Join APC (picture) / Is Rochas Okorocha Apc's Presidential Candidate? / Boko Haram Becoming Battle Hardened!!!!! U Cannot Defeat A Battle 'H'D Troop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.