Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

It's Natural That You Take Care Of People You Love. But To What Extent? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / It's Natural That You Take Care Of People You Love. But To What Extent? (577 Views)

Is It Natural To Have No Feelings? / Upload Your Boo Pics Lets See Who Got It Natural / Is It Just Natural That You Miss Your Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's Natural That You Take Care Of People You Love. But To What Extent? by ify01: 9:54pm On Jul 02, 2014
It's natural that you take care of people you love. But to what extent? When does the caring end and being exploited start?

Originally posted on Brykt FORUMS

I'm a non-smoker who met and began dating a man in mumbai, India who smokes. That may seem as a minor thing. But after getting to know him better, I found that smoking was the least of his problems.
Over the course of our relationship, I discovered he had several family, health, financial and alcohol abuse problems, too. I've walked him through overcoming some of these things during our two years together. But other issues seem irresolvable.
He allows his parents to manipulate his life. He's still smoking even though I despise it. I feel that the more I do for him, the less he does for himself.
When I try to discuss these issues with him, he keeps asking me to be patient with him.

At this point, I'm completely fed up with his family. It looks lyk I'm feeling as though I'm doing everything for him but he does nothing for himself.
We are just two years into this relationship and I feel like I need to cut my losses and leave him to his family and get on with my life. He thinks I'm being impatient but I gave him 6 months to stop smoking, and that was a year ago. And it's only the smokng issue. Is it wrong for me to leave for the sake of my health and sanity?

Credits to: www.brykt.wapka.mobi/forum2_theme_111198648.xhtml?tema=4

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Dilemna....pls Help!!! / Can You Convert From Your Religion To Another Just Because You Love Him/her? / Does It Seem Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.