Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,496 members, 7,958,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:00 PM

Boko Haram Threatens Abduction Of School Girls In Nassarawa State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Threatens Abduction Of School Girls In Nassarawa State. (878 Views)

Tambuwal Probes The “Abduction” Of Patience Paul In Sokoto / Army Reacts To Photo Of Soldiers Torturing A Man In Nassarawa / Boko Haram Threatens To Attack Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Threatens Abduction Of School Girls In Nassarawa State. by AustineE1: 9:57pm On Jul 02, 2014
Letter threatens abduction of schoolgirls in Nasarawa
Category: NewsPublished on Wednesday, 02 July 2014 05:00Written by Hir Joseph,
The Nasarawa State government yesterday confirmed reports of a letter purportedly written by Boko Haram insurgents threatening to abduct girls from a school in the state.
The Commissioner for Education, Barrister Yakubu Na’Hauwa, confirmed that there was a letter from Boko Haram to the principal of GSSS, Lafia, threatening to abduct his female students. He said the letter sought the principal’s cooperation with the insurgents to avoid bloodshed during the operation. He could not confirm receipt of such letters by the other schools which were also said to have been written.
“I was not in the state, but I returned to receive a complaint from the principal of GSSS Lafia about the purported threat letter Boko Haram to abduct female students from the school,” he said, adding that he had to urgently instruct the ministry’s permanent secretary to do a formal complaint to the state government, drawing attention to the letter on the need to quickly act on it.
The letters were said to have been received yesterday from dispatch riders who stopped at the gates of three schools in the state. State police spokesman ASP Ismaila Umaru said his office had no information on the incident and did not confirm the threat letters.
www.elombah.com

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Threatens Abduction Of School Girls In Nassarawa State. by eunisam: 10:06pm On Jul 02, 2014
Boko Haram has never Threatens anything and do it.this is just a way to plant fear or distract d JTF.
Re: Boko Haram Threatens Abduction Of School Girls In Nassarawa State. by AustineE1: 10:08pm On Jul 02, 2014
..though i believe this is boko haram seeking cheap publicity,however government of Nassarawa must use all the security apparatus available to him to protect these school girls,if need be they schools may temporarily be closed down,in other to avoid any further national embarrassment!
But i just hope APC governors are nt into their usual dirty political games,a case of 'the witch that cried at night,in the morning the child died'!
Re: Boko Haram Threatens Abduction Of School Girls In Nassarawa State. by Tolexander: 10:09pm On Jul 02, 2014
Hope this isn't another gimmick by the students? Cos i remember last month while i was in keffi when some school pupils of government college keffi drafted a letter imposting boko haram stating in the letter that boko haram is coming to bomb the school.
Re: Boko Haram Threatens Abduction Of School Girls In Nassarawa State. by Lordabas: 10:13pm On Jul 02, 2014
Whenever Boko Haram tells you that they are coming, they will never fail to do so. My fear now is that no one knows when and how they are going to come sad
Re: Boko Haram Threatens Abduction Of School Girls In Nassarawa State. by asorockman: 11:52pm On Jul 02, 2014
Lordabas: Whenever Boko Haram tells you that they are coming, they will never fail to do so. My fear now is that no one knows when and how they are going to come sad
And how can we be sure that these letters really came from BH because you never can tell what the mischievous elements can do to cause commotion?

(1) (Reply)

Gej Militarization Of Osun A Blessing In Disguise... / Obiano Yet To Pay August Salaries. / Hilarious: Man Wearing "Invisible Ring" Jumps Over Bank Counter To Take Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.