Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline (3126 Views)

These Are The Factors Behind The Current Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria / Obama-linked US Firm Behind APC Campaigns –punch / PDP Disowns Ikenga, Says ACN Behind “APC” Name Crisis For Attention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by OneNaira6: 6:30am On Jul 03, 2014
I try not to dabble in Nigerian politics or give input on how things should go because for one, I don't have respect for Nigerian politics and for two, I didn't major in politics. Anyway lately, I've noticed that APC blames PDP and fictional sabotaging/pull him down syndrome for the reason behind the decline of their popularity. In as much as I don't like APC, this is not new news to others, but in my opinion it looks like APC members are really clueless why they becoming unappealing to the citizen.

APC the reason for your failures is because you people do not listen to the public and you refuse to learn from your mistake. That is your problem, no external force is behind the hatred the nation has for you guys, your problem is internal. Let me explain:

1. Disrespecting the elders/royals
During the anambra election, we all witnessed how ngige lost onitsha people support, along with half of Anambra citizen support, all because he disrespected the Obi of Onitsha. Now ask yourself why would Tinubu, stupidly might I add, disrespect the Yoruba Obas days before the election? Nigeria is not America or anywhere else where monarch are highly disregarded. Nigeria is a nation where monarchs are highly respected by their people so why disrespect the monarchs knowing fully well you need those people to vote for you.

2. Bullying
I don't think there is anyone out there that has a problem with APC disagreeing with the FG on different subjects. Most people have a problem with APC attacking, insulting and disrespecting the FG on every single decision they make. Sometimes I wonder if APC intentional avoid constructive criticism or they just don't know how to do it. The sad thing is the attack went past GEJ decisions to attacking his own children and wife. APC literally pushed more people towards GEJ than they ever know. I don't know if GEJ is as evil and manipulative as APC tries to paint him, he might be a good damn actor, who knows. What we do see on the other hand is a humble man. In each pictures ever posted of him, the man looks humble. In each video press he ever did, the man looks humble and since some people that fell off with GEJ actually attested that he is in fact a good, honest, person with bad people advising him, this actually makes APC look bad. The constant attacks and insult towards him makes you guys look like a monster, not him. In most people's eyes, APC looks the bully picking on the small child and noone, excluding teenage mean girls, likes bullies. Anytime I see the citizens on NL informing APC followers to stop attacking GEJ and give constructive criticism, I noticed the APC followers immediately start listing that Yaradua was insulted, OBJ was insulted, people are insulting tinubu, buhari, etc. Unfortunately for you guys, there is a difference. Most human being aligns with a sweet character over anything else; sadly for APC, GEJ posses those character unlike the others (excluding yaradua) thus, the more you attack him, the more people would pity him. I never took Politics but I thought human behavior is a requirement in that coursework. I don't know I thought it was but I guess not. Personally, I think APC should get a psychologist cause they obviously lack understanding the human behavior.

3. American/west factor
Unfortunately for APC they are not with the reality of their own people. Nigerians love America but when it comes to politics and government, similar to most nation, Nigerians are very suspicious of American government. Your people makes it so obvious both on NL and other Nigerian forums therefore, I couldn't understand why APC taught showing that the American government and media insults GEJ as well was a good thing. If the entire nation was against GEJ, showcasing that USA is equally against GEJ immediately would make the citizens start questioning everything all because USA government is involved. They make it obvious how they feel about the USA government, I mean damn how many times have Nigerians on NL blamed CIA for many problems in Nigeria? CIA wey dey far away oooo. smh, I really did not understand it. If I was una, I would shown any other international nation criticism but hey, that's just me.

4. The online polling
I honestly do not understand why APC members are constantly giving figures of areas they believe they'll win only for it to come and bite them in the @ss. You did the same polling during the Anambra election and the result was opposite of what una expected. You did the same polling for Ekiti election, the thing happened. Rather than staying online counting so and so would vote for ya'll, why don't una make an effort to actually make sure those people are really on your side.

5. The crumbs
Sadly, I don't know why Nigerian politics think bribing the people will work, I really don't know. What PDP did with the rice sharing was just sad and they really should be ashamed of themselves. smh. Anyway, back to what I was saying; what I meant by the crumbs is that lately, due to the ekiti loss, other APC governors decided to start paying people their salary, etc. For months/years una did not pay this people; all the governors gave to those people were excuses and as the election inched closer, the state income that's limited all of a sudden became vast. You people make it so obvious that you are using them. After they give you people the vote, would that salary still be flowing or will they get more excuses like before . APC should have been paying individual's salary each month in this way, you don't end up looking like you are using them.

6. The religion factor
Unfortunately for APC, yes this matters. Nigerians are not advanced enough to look past tribal issues or religion issues, NL can attest that to you. Personally, I have no problem with muslims because some of my closest friends are muslims, even I don't like Islam, but I have no problem with them. Unfortunately for APC, in Nigeria, alot of people do. As much as APC tries to showcase they are not a muslim group and though non-muslim are members of that party, the entire citizens of that nation already made up their mind that APC is a muslim party. I honestly do not know why APC isn't trying their hardest to combat that assumptions especially knowing that is the reason many are against the party. Beside some of their muslim governors going to church sometimes, I really don't see what APC is doing to combat the "muslim brotherhood" belief. Even the muslim governors going to church is actually an insult to christians especially since we are aware of the stories about how buhari said 'muslim should vote for muslims and christians should vote for christians" therefore, it looks like you guys are putting a show.

7. The Hausa/North factor
Unfortunately for APC, like the religion factor, the citizen of that nation already made up their mind that all APC wants is to get the north back in power. That's what it looks like to your average people, even I believe that. Therefore, once again, I don't understand why APC is trying to combat that assumptions...infact, you intensify it. I really don't understand it. No offense to northerners, but the north have ruled Nigeria since the end of Biafran war thus, majority do not want them to rule anymore since they've had more opportunity to fix the nation than any other region and they failed horribly.

8. For cheap political points
I don't know about others but using the death of others to score cheap political points actually makes APC politicians looks heartless. Once again, it's like APC does not learn from their mistake. During the Anambra election, APC used the death of the stomped victims in that Anglican church to score a cheap point and sadly for APC that cost Ngige alot of votes. It turned more people against the man so I didn't understand why APC would do the same thing during ekiti election. Why place an APC shirt on a dead victim and announce to Nigerians that PDP police shot an APC supporter for no reason knowing fully well that there might have been someone that took pictures of the man prior to APC placing that t-shirt on him thus, most likely that said person might leak it out. It makes APC look heartless. You already know that tactic is a failed tactic, Anambra election proved it to you, so why do it again?

9. Accepting PDP ex-members into your folds
They say there are no permanent enemy or friend in politics. We all know that so accepting PDP ex-member is understandable but APC, you all announced to us how PDP is corrupt and how politicians in PDP are all corrupt yet the same time you accept those "corrupt" PDP members in your fold while telling us that you are here to fight corruption. It shows that the party's politicians are not true to their words so how we so sure you are here to fight corruption? In the people's eyes APC looks like another pissed off branch of PDP.

There are more factors for APC failures such as the Tinubu factor, the Okorocha/Amaechi factor, the propaganda factor, etc but it's late where I'm at and I'm tired. If APC members like you guys can listen to me or not, I really don't care...I just wanted to give my input on why I think APC popularity is dropping dramatically. Also if anyone attacks me with insults, I attack back so if you all want a civilized conversation, you better reply nicely.

One more thing: For PDP members on NL, there are possibility that APC might win the next election. I noticed a pattern, the ones winning on the internet are usually the ones that lose in real life. It's nothing tangible, I know, but so far it hasn't failed yet hence I believe APC might win the next election.

21 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by Redoil: 6:56am On Jul 03, 2014
@op you failed to highlights the point where tinubu and all his
1. APC leaders went to maiduguristan to donate £500 million to BH.
2. Tinubu, Encouraging fash to increase LASU school fees from N25 thousand to N350 thousand.
3. Where he force every LG chairman of Yoruba land under APC to pay N1 million each to his bourdillion account.

15 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by VICTORCIZA(m): 7:51am On Jul 03, 2014
[quote author=One_Naira]I try not to dabble in Nigerian politics or give input on how things should go because for one, I don't have respect for Nigerian politics and for two, I didn't major in politics. Anyway lately, I've noticed that APC blames PDP and fictional sabotaging/pull him down syndrome for the reason behind the decline of their popularity. In as much as I don't like APC, this is not new news to others, but in my opinion it looks like APC members are really clueless why they becoming unappealing to the citizen.

APC the reason for your failures is because you people do not listen to the public and you refuse to learn from your mistake. That is your problem, no external force is behind the hatred the nation has for you guys, your problem is internal. Let me explain:

1. Disrespecting the elders/royals
During the anambra election, we all witnessed how ngige lost onitsha people support, along with half of Anambra citizen support, all because he disrespected the Obi of Onitsha. Now ask yourself why would Tinubu, stupidly might I add, disrespect the Yoruba Obas days before the election? Nigeria is not America or anywhere else where monarch are highly disregarded. Nigeria is a nation where monarchs are highly respected by their people so why disrespect the monarchs knowing fully well you need those people to vote for you.

2. Bullying
I don't think there is anyone out there that has a problem with APC disagreeing with the FG on different subjects. Most people have a problem with APC attacking, insulting and disrespecting the FG on every single decision they make. Sometimes I wonder if APC intentional avoid constructive criticism or they just don't know how to do it. The sad thing is the attack went past GEJ decisions to attacking his own children and wife. APC literally pushed more people towards GEJ than they ever know. I don't know if GEJ is as evil and manipulative as APC tries to paint him, he might be a good damn actor, who knows. What we do see on the other hand is a humble man. In each pictures ever posted of him, the man looks humble. In each video press he ever did, the man looks humble and since some people that fell off with GEJ actually attested that he is in fact a good, honest, person with bad people advising him, this actually makes APC look bad. The constant attacks and insult towards him makes you guys look like a monster, not him. In most people's eyes, APC looks the bully picking on the small child and noone, excluding teenage mean girls, likes bullies. Anytime I see the citizens on NL informing APC followers to stop attacking GEJ and give constructive criticism, I noticed the APC followers immediately start listing that Yaradua was insulted, OBJ was insulted, people are insulting tinubu, buhari, etc. Unfortunately for you guys, there is a difference. Most human being aligns with a sweet character over anything else; sadly for APC, GEJ posses those character unlike the others (excluding yaradua) thus, the more you attack him, the more people would pity him. I never took Politics but I thought human behavior is a requirement in that coursework. I don't know I thought it was but I guess not. Personally, I think APC should get a psychologist cause they obviously lack understanding the human behavior.

3. American/west factor
Unfortunately for APC they are not with the reality of their own people. Nigerians love America but when it comes to politics and government, similar to most nation, Nigerians are very suspicious of American government. Your people makes it so obvious both on NL and other Nigerian forums therefore, I couldn't understand why APC taught showing that the American government and media insults GEJ as well was a good thing. If the entire nation was against GEJ, showcasing that USA is equally against GEJ immediately would make the citizens start questioning everything all because USA government is involved. They make it obvious how they feel about the USA government, I mean damn how many times have Nigerians on NL blamed CIA for many problems in Nigeria? CIA wey dey far away oooo. smh, I really did not understand it. If I was una, I would shown any other international nation criticism but hey, that's just me.

4. The online polling
I honestly do not understand why APC members are constantly giving figures of areas they believe they'll win only for it to come and bite them in the @ss. You did the same polling during the Anambra election and the result was opposite of what una expected. You did the same polling for Ekiti election, the thing happened. Rather than staying online counting so and so would vote for ya'll, why don't una make an effort to actually make sure those people are really on your side.

5. The crumbs
Sadly, I don't know why Nigerian politics think bribing the people will work, I really don't know. What PDP did with the rice sharing was just sad and they really should be ashamed of themselves. smh. Anyway, back to what I was saying; what I meant by the crumbs is that lately, due to the ekiti loss, other APC governors decided to start paying people their salary, etc. For months/years una did not pay this people; all the governors gave to those people were excuses and as the election inched closer, the state income that's limited all of a sudden became vast. You people make it so obvious that you are using them. After they give you people the vote, would that salary still be flowing or will they get more excuses like before . APC should have been paying individual's salary each month in this way, you don't end up looking like you are using them.

6. The religion factor
Unfortunately for APC, yes this matters. Nigerians are not advanced enough to look past tribal issues or religion issues, NL can attest that to you. Personally, I have no problem with muslims because some of my closest friends are muslims, even I don't like Islam, but I have no problem with them. Unfortunately for APC, in Nigeria, alot of people do. As much as APC tries to showcase they are not a muslim group and though non-muslim are members of that party, the entire citizens of that nation already made up their mind that APC is a muslim party. I honestly do not know why APC isn't trying their hardest to combat that assumptions especially knowing that is the reason many are against the party. Beside some of their muslim governors going to church sometimes, I really don't see what APC is doing to combat the "muslim brotherhood" belief. Even the muslim governors going to church is actually an insult to christians especially since we are aware of the stories about how buhari said 'muslim should vote for muslims and christians should vote for christians" therefore, it looks like you guys are putting a show.

7. The Hausa/North factor
Unfortunately for APC, like the religion factor, the citizen of that nation already made up their mind that all APC wants is to get the north back in power. That's what it looks like to your average people, even I believe that. Therefore, once again, I don't understand why APC is trying to combat that assumptions...infact, you intensify it. I really don't understand it. No offense to northerners, but the north have ruled Nigeria since the end of Biafran war thus, majority do not want them to rule anymore since they've had more opportunity to fix the nation than any other region and they failed horribly.

8. For cheap political points
I don't know about others but using the death of others to score cheap political points actually makes APC politicians looks heartless. Once again, it's like APC does not learn from their mistake. During the Anambra election, APC used the death of the stomped victims in that Anglican church to score a cheap point and sadly for APC that cost Ngige alot of votes. It turned more people against the man so I didn't understand why APC would do the same thing during ekiti election. Why place an APC shirt on a dead victim and announce to Nigerians that PDP police shot an APC supporter for no reason knowing fully well that there might have been someone that took pictures of the man prior to APC placing that t-shirt on him thus, most likely that said person might leak it out. It makes APC look heartless. You already know that tactic is a failed tactic, Anambra election proved it to you, so why do it again?

9. Accepting PDP ex-members into your folds
They say there are no permanent enemy or friend in politics. We all know that so accepting PDP ex-member is understandable but APC, you all announced to us how PDP is corrupt and how politicians in PDP are all corrupt yet the same time you accept those "corrupt" PDP members in your fold while telling us that you are here to fight corruption. It shows that the party's politicians are not true to their words so how we so sure you are here to fight corruption? In the people's eyes APC looks like another pissed off branch of PDP.

There are more factors for APC failures such as the Tinubu factor, the Okorocha/Amaechi factor, the propaganda factor, etc but it's late where I'm at and I'm tired. If APC members like you guys can listen to me or not, I really don't care...I just wanted to give my input on why I think APC popularity is dropping dramatically. Also if anyone attacks me with insults, I attack back so if you all want a civilized conversation, you better reply nicely.

One more thing: For PDP members on NL, there are possibility that APC might win the next election. I noticed a pattern, the ones winning on the internet are usually the ones that lose in real life. It's nothing tangible, I know, but so far it hasn't failed yet hence I believe APC might win the next election. /quote]you deserve an award!
Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by ichidodo: 8:00am On Jul 03, 2014
Got one word for you..."Hypocrisy"......

5 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by simplyme3(f): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2014
Victorciza

Do u have to Quote the entire write up to make that comment?

4 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by Kassidy4luv(m): 8:26am On Jul 03, 2014
.......... Ask CHIEF OLISAH METUH...........

How he got to find a befitting word for APC( supporter of APC), armed against the people indeed.

Why won't sensible Nigerians reject dis style of leadership by Tinubu and his friends.

Only Sycophants, Agberos ,Almajiris and people with a very low self esteem and mentality supports APC. They av nothing to offer.

In PDP we trust and will always come out en mass to cast our votes.

GEJ Till 2019
CHEERS and GOOD Morning Nigeria.

18 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by luvinhubby(m): 8:34am On Jul 03, 2014
Sensible facts projected by op, but watchout how the APC e-warriors will descend on him personally, ignoring the valid issues he raised that is tearing the party asunder.
Three out of the four people that signed the merger document( Annie Okonkwo , Shekarau & Ikimi) have left or about to leave the party & it projects APC leadership in bad light as being intolerant of divergent views.
The biggest undoing of APC is having two dictators, one a millitary & the other a "democratic" dictator, as their national leaders, & the two see the party as their personal property, hence their words should be law in the party.

16 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by seunfly: 8:43am On Jul 03, 2014
Kassidy4luv: .......... Ask CHIEF OLISAH METUH...........

How he got to find a befitting word for APC( supporter of APC), armed against the people indeed.

Why won't sensible Nigerians reject dis style of leadership by Tinubu and his friends.

Only Sycophants, Agberos ,Almajiris and people with a very low self esteem and mentality supports APC. They av nothing to offer.

In PDP we trust and will always come out en mass to cast our votes.

GEJ Till 2019
CHEERS and GOOD Morning Nigeria.

I'm laughing at all of you that is celebrating the downfall of the only opposition party that could have put pressure on the ruling party to perform better, i knw there must be a reason why you don't want them to suvive, but that reason will come to end oneday and we will be left with the monster we ve allowed to trive with nothing to tame it. That is why it's not good to be shortsighted.

2 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by Kassidy4luv(m): 8:53am On Jul 03, 2014
seunfly:

I'm laughing at all of you that is celebrating the downfall of the only opposition party that could have put pressure on the ruling party to perform better, i knw there must be a reason why you don't want them to suvive, but that reason will come to end oneday and we will be left with the monster we ve allowed to trive with nothing to tame it. That is why it's not good to be shortsighted.

APC is not an opposition party ?
Rather haters of good things.
Tell me more abt an opposition party?

10 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by Goandie: 9:06am On Jul 03, 2014
Redoil: @op you failed to highlights the point where tinubu and all his
1. APC leaders went to maiduguristan to donate £500 million to BH.
2. Tinubu, Encouraging fash to increase LASU school fees from N25 thousand to N350 thousand.
3. Where he force every LG chairman of Yoruba land under APC to pay N1 million each to his bourdillion account.

[b][/b] see lies from the pit of hell, where is ur evidence that all dis crab you wrote is true eeehhhhh.
what do u pple gain by lying hmm if dis is said bout GEJ all hell will be loose

1 Like

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by seunfly: 9:09am On Jul 03, 2014
Kassidy4luv:

APC is not an opposition party ?
Rather haters of good things.
Tell me more abt an opposition party?

Then tell me any good things PDP has provided that APC hates. My brother be sincere and sentiment free. Forget about the lies and deceit people propagates then tell me why we would'nt need opposition party that is fully anti pdp.
Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by luvinhubby(m): 9:10am On Jul 03, 2014
seunfly:

APC is not an opposition party, but rather a political platform fashioned by aggrieved politicians that lost out in the power tussle for the federal, seeking to have access or a return to Abuja influence.
I, for one, would love an opposition party built around a radical ideology by men whose character reflects the ideology, that will give PDP a run for their money nationwide thereby limiting & curtailing the impunity of PDP.
When you call an organisation 'bunch of crooks' & turn around to poach manpower from them, you simply want crooks or men with crooks mindset as workforce as the caliber of staff determines the trajectory of the company and that is APC for you.
I believe we need a viable opposition, but APC do not represent that to me, maybe, just maybe,.a Labour Party, swelled up by politicians of noble & technocratic background can do that for us, but definetly NOT APC.

14 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by luvinhubby(m): 9:15am On Jul 03, 2014
seunfly:

Then tell me any good things PDP has provided that APC hates. My brother be sincere and sentiment free. Forget about the lies and deceit people propagates then tell me why we would'nt need opposition party that is fully anti pdp.
When NBS rebased our economy to make Nigeria no. 1 in Africa, APC condemned it outrightly, despite the fact that global financial bodies like ADB, World bank & IMF complimented Nigeria on that.

9 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by jmaine: 9:18am On Jul 03, 2014
seunfly:

The trend of being "Fully" Anti PDP equating to full anti progress , wishing the country burns provided they are in the opposition is not acceptable.

There should be a discernible line between patriotism and destructive cynicism in the name of acting and bearing the tag "opposition" party.

5 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by idumuose(m): 9:25am On Jul 03, 2014
ApC's popularity is actually waning with each passing day as evidenced by the weariness of their e-urchins on nairaland.

Since the profound defeat of Fayemi,the e-urchins here are now having a rethink.They just realised that all along,they have been riding

On what the igbos will call 'ugbo ndi ori'.‎​​grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by eggheaders(m): 9:26am On Jul 03, 2014
idumuose: ApC's popularity is actually waning with each passing day as evidenced by the weariness of their e-urchins on nairaland.

Since the profound defeat of Fayemi,the e-urchins here are now having a rethink.They just realised that all along,they have been riding

On what the igbos will call 'ugbo ndi ori'.‎​​grin grin

guy your face na wao oooo. you be hire killer.

3 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by ba7man(m): 9:34am On Jul 03, 2014
Good year for PDP and their supporters..............Bad year for Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by seunfly: 9:46am On Jul 03, 2014
luvinhubby:
APC is not an opposition party, but rather a political platform fashioned by aggrieved politicians that lost out in the power tussle for the federal, seeking to have access or a return to Abuja influence.
I, for one, would love an opposition party built around a radical ideology by men whose character reflects the ideology, that will give PDP a run for their money nationwide thereby limiting & curtailing the impunity of PDP.
When you call an organisation 'bunch of crooks' & turn around to poach manpower from them, you simply want crooks or men with crooks mindset as workforce as the caliber of staff determines the trajectory of the company and that is APC for you.
I believe we need a viable opposition, but APC do not represent that to me, maybe, just maybe,.a Labour Party, swelled up by politicians of noble & technocratic background can do that for us, but definetly NOT APC.

Yes, i agree with you in some parts of ur write up, but majority of the people who want APC dead does so because they want PDP to remaine unchallenged for their own personal effect.

On the issue of Labour party rising to the status of opposition part, i don't thing any subsidairies of a ruling party can ever be a reliable source of hope for any nation.

YES APC is evil, so also PDP is super evil. But my own idea is, if there is no alternative, keep the two evils close to you, then watch out how the will turn good to get your love.

1 Like

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by bigass(f): 9:49am On Jul 03, 2014
APC are chameleon. They are fraud. I used to like them now I hate them with a passion. They are far from what they claim they represent. Pull him down syndrome will kill them

3 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by Redoil: 10:01am On Jul 03, 2014
bigass: APC are chameleon. They are fraud. I used to like them now I hate them with a passion. They are far from what they claim they represent. Pull him down syndrome will kill them
my love how are you today
Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by seunfly: 10:01am On Jul 03, 2014
luvinhubby:
When NBS rebased our economy to make Nigeria no. 1 in Africa, APC condemned it outrightly, despite the fact that global financial bodies like ADB, World bank & IMF complimented Nigeria on that.

I guess you expect APC to clap for them abi, opposition party attacks the legacies of ruling party anywhere in the world, when Bush was attacking Clinton's legacies or Obama was attacking Bush legacies of both good and bad, Bush and Obama are bad people and their parties are bad?

I think many Nigerians are not used to the concept of opposition party except through religion and tribalism.
Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by funshyboi(m): 10:05am On Jul 03, 2014
Both are crooks, but a devil known is much better than unknown angel
Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by Jbenue: 10:10am On Jul 03, 2014
The real problem came was when they removed Fashola as their poster boy and replaced him with Emperor Tinubu and Sultan Buhari
Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by ITbomb(m): 10:26am On Jul 03, 2014
simply_me: Victorciza

Do u have to Quote the entire write up to make that comment?
Don't even care about looking for the comment, just scroll down to the next post
Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 03, 2014
The decline of APC popularity is because of the influx of the almajiri parasites, before it will be too late Tinubu pull out your ACN from those tibalistic and bigoted mofos before they will ruin your business for you.

Your ACN won a senatorial seat in Anambra when there were not even much popular like the present APC, that showed they were welcomed by all and sundry.

After the these nomads and violent bigots pitched their tent with you, the same popular candidate that won an election cannot even win a ward election in less than 3years yet with a popular party, it showed so much resentment and apprehension the people of Anambra have about the APC.

Your kinsmen were criticising Igbos for playing the tribal card by voting APGA, we kept mum; Ekiti election was already at hand, your megaparty went to the pool in their stronghold and was defeated , they were beaten to stupor, stunned like an elk on the wildfire, they accepted defeat and some kept ranting thier customary way. Did anybody accused Ekiti of tribalism for chasing away the nomads, no, it showed the people are not at peace with your strange bedfellows.

The tribalistic and violent mofos that overthrew a democratically eletected government in 1983 because he dont want the vice from another tribe to succed his tribeman.
He went futher to jail the VP from another ethnic group but his tribeman the president he left to go scotfree.

He asked muslims to vote along religious lines, he said baboons and monkeys will soak in blood if he failed to be elected, he unleashed his supporter on corp members serving their fatherland and club them to death, without sending a word of condolence to the families of those that lost thier wards in the babaric acts perpetuated by his supporters.

Tinubu your business should be paramount to you but you have been sandwiched as i can see and boxed into a very tight corner.
The inaugural convention of your so called Megaparty was conducted in Hausa language, othe tribes were not given opportunities to talk, our official language English was relegated to the background, does that give your party the national outlook you people are trying to project?.

Go back to your ACN before it will be too late, dont let Rauf be a scapegoat because of the allaince your went into. Its not late to act now.

6 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by nzeobi(m): 11:26am On Jul 03, 2014
In my own humble opinion
APC does not match action with words and they do not know when to keep quiet.e.g rochas okorocha who talks a lot and people outside the state believe him cos they see it on newspapers but the locals don't see it own ground.
LACK OF STRUCTURES
That party is built on individuals and will never win elections because of that and they do not even know how to win except making noise on newspapers like in Anambra election where I was an adhoc staff.
Though I wish them well as they plan for the future but that future shouldn't be 2015 presidential election cause they are still not prepared.

3 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by tandj: 11:47am On Jul 03, 2014
APC from my POV has and will never be an opposition. Its more like a party of people seeking out revenge one way or the other cos they were sidelined.

We don't know what an opposition means. Yet to form one.
Politics in Nigeria like all other establishments still mean biz of enriching pockets.

Shame.

5 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by laudate: 11:52am On Jul 03, 2014
tandj: APC from my POV has and will never be an opposition. Its more like a party of people seeking out revenge one way or the other cos they were sidelined.

Politics in Nigeria like all other establishments still mean biz of enriching pockets.

Shame.

Bros, you were reading my mind!! Come here & let me give you a royal handshake. grin

3 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by cococandy(f): 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
But of course.
APC is not an opposition party.
That much is obvious to any honest person with half a brain.
The same Buhari that so impoverished Nigeria to the point that everyone was running away now wants to claim progressive?.
Odiegwu.
Buhari is the man reason why Nigerians view American Visa as ticket to heaven.
Ever heard of the great brain drain? That period all educated Nigerians were scurrying out of nigeria in search of better life abroad.it was easier to travel then and anyone who could leave left. That's one of the foundations of our penury today.

luvinhubby:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by cococandy(f): 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2014
And that's what I say too
tandj: APC from my POV has and will never be an opposition. Its more like a party of people seeking out revenge one way or the other cos they were sidelined.

Shame.

2 Likes

Re: Factors Behind APC Popularity Decline by Jbenue: 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2014
What Happened to Shai BUHARI.....Hahahahahaha

This country is FVCKED Up. We have an incompetent President and an opposition too tactless to capitalize on his incompetence .

ALL APC had to do was push Fashola, Ameachi and a young man from the north and quietly campaign while the PDP went from one blunder to another and they would have won the up coming election. Nigerians are not as stupi.d as the sound- they clearly see the deficiencies in Jonathan and the PDP. All APC had to do was provide a remotely credible solution to the nations problems and the populace would have welcomed them, but instead the decided to play politics of shouting, ranting and religious bigotry with the FG.

The old saying goes " Never argue with a mad man, because from a distance passers-by will not know who is who" [b][/b] Hopefully the next opposition that presents itself as the hope of the nation will learn from this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fall Of Nyako / Why Did Buhari Cried During 2011 Election? / Photo Speaks!!! Who Would You Rather Have As Your President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.