Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

The Day The World Ended - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Day The World Ended (101625 Views)

The Day The Clouds Turned Red (crime Story) / Naruto Manga Has Finally Ended (Links & Spoilers) / This Books Ended My Struggle (check Them Out) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Day The World Ended by edogho(m): 2:37pm On Aug 08, 2014
Royver:
sorry for the delay bro. Av updated and i intend not to get the opossite of the award mentioned smiley
mi apologies sir Royver. u'll have mi vote to ensure u don't win d opposite of d reward. thanks for updatin. "going back to reading ur captivatin story from where i stopped".
Re: The Day The World Ended by Lawconfessor(f): 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2014
shocked shocked shocked shocked
ROY! I don't know if this update is amazing or scary- I just can't say.
Re: The Day The World Ended by Queenxstar(f): 6:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
Oh my... (exhale ), this is a scary, mind searching masterpiece.

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
Aw! really amazing, scary, interesting, educative and captivating kip it up sir

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by Lawconfessor(f): 7:50pm On Aug 08, 2014
Just read over again placing myself in the story....found out that I did not just fainted- but something more like dying...hmmm

May we never experience dis kind fin IJN
ROY! U re just too amazing- may God endow u with more insightfulness.

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by whitemosquito(f): 9:28pm On Aug 08, 2014
I would just like to appreciate the amount of research that would undoubtedly have gone into this work. I can only marvel at where you find the time. Kudos, royver.

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:44pm On Aug 08, 2014
Omg!!!!....... this is serious!!!!!
Re: The Day The World Ended by BashirAhmad1(m): 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
My first comment kudus to you Royver
Re: The Day The World Ended by aveiro(m): 10:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
Love this

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by adebayo201: 10:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
shocked
O ga oh! Nice one Roy, u try gan ni oh. I'm just shaking here like a dry leave!

Happy Birthday to JeffreyJamez

2 Likes

Re: The Day The World Ended by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:46pm On Aug 08, 2014
adebayo201: shocked

Thank you!!! grin

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by Timothy3113(m): 10:55pm On Aug 08, 2014
Well done guy but I noticed something in the story. The use of pupils instead of student, headmaster instead of principal.
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
thanks mumZ for your support. I'm very grateful. I don't have all the time to check in on my mentions so i tend to miss some stuff. Once again I'm grateful for your vote.
Forget coke, do you drink bailey's? grin
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:09pm On Aug 08, 2014
Jennimma: Royver! Jeez,this guy is good.
tanchu!
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
Annais: Royver, this is breathtaking and...and... Don't know what to say sef.
Keep it up.
ooh thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:17pm On Aug 08, 2014
losprince: royver the viper!!!!
oh thanks smiley this is a fresh change from roy of the rovers grin
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:18pm On Aug 08, 2014
edogho: mi apologies sir Royver. u'll have mi vote to ensure u don't win d opposite of d reward. thanks for updatin. "going back to reading ur captivatin story from where i stopped".
abeg dont apologise, I need criticism as well as encouragement to help me write
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:23pm On Aug 08, 2014
Lawconfessor: shocked shocked shocked shocked
ROY! I don't know if this update is amazing or scary- I just can't say.
Its AMSCRY! i'm glad you liked it.
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:24pm On Aug 08, 2014
Queenxstar: Oh my... (exhale ), this is a scary, mind searching masterpiece.
EshE! cheesy
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:25pm On Aug 08, 2014
BashirAhmad1: My first comment kudus to you Royver
Yeah, saw you peeping late last night cheesy
Welcome unboard
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:27pm On Aug 08, 2014
Omortolah: Aw! really amazing, scary, interesting, educative and captivating kip it up sir
Thanks. Glad you like it omotola
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:30pm On Aug 08, 2014
whitemosquito: I would just like to appreciate the amount of research that would undoubtedly have gone into this work. I can only marvel at where you find the time. Kudos, royver.
Awww, thanks sir/ m'am. P.S are you red mosquito or do you know red mosquito? How's medical school? When are we seeing the rest of the Sango saga? It was one of the first stories i started following on nairaland.

thanks again, I appreciate.
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 11:32pm On Aug 08, 2014
adebayo201: shocked

adebayo no too shake o. Anyway thanks bro.
Its jefferyjamez birthday? shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 12:31am On Aug 09, 2014
INTERLUDE: THE CHANCE MEETING
I walked into the fast food joint and looked around nervously. I was the first of my company to arrive even though i wasnt the only one there. A couple sat at the extreme left hand corner close to the air conditioning, laughing away and having a good time over soft drinks and fried rice. A young man sat in the empty seat on the other side, sipping a drink I couldn't recognize and watching the match on the LED tv placed just infront of him on the wall. He wore a white suit and trousers with gold lining that sparkled when he moved. a pair of dark shades covered his eyes and a trim hat sat atop his head. He reminded me of Michael Jackson in his glory years.

i surveyed the place for somewhere isolated, somewhere i could make an ass of myself without being easily seen. I picked the centre isle, third row; a double sette with a centre table in-between them. I walked briskly to the seat and sat down.

She would be here anytime soon. I wanted it all to be just perfect. I looked at the dj behind the bar who nodded at me in acknowledgement before continuing his mixing. he was playing a jazz tune, a melody that called out to my soul. the warmth and strong confidence the music exuded helped in calming my nerves as I took deep even breaths.

the door opened and two men walked in, both of average height and both wearing black tops and denim jean trousers. they stared at everyone and I saw the master of greed and mischief behind them, his whip in hand stroking their backs and egging them on.

They were going to rob the place.

I caught my breath in horror. Really? Tonight of all nights? And a restaurant? Who in their right minds would rob a restaurant?
These folks were going to spoil the romantic mood i was trying to create. there was no way i wouldn't have to intervene in this matter.

The men approached seemingly casually, making a beeline for the lady behind the bar and the cash register. I waited until they had passed then got up silently from my seat. I followed them from behind and waited patiently for them to make the first move.

"her, sister! come here!" one of the men said roughly.

"Wetin una go chop?" she asked innocently as she approached. suddenly she froze. One of the men had showed her a gun.

"If you make 'pem!' I will shoot you. Oya open this tellar and bring out all the money." he said.

"Yes and do it quickly and silently!" the other one said.

"Yeah but why should she though?" I said as the men whirled round to face me. "Its not like it is your money."

the first man brought out the gun that he had been concealing and pointed it at my face. "So you think say you be hero abi? Move back!"

He hadn't completed the sentence before I had the gun in my hand. They both looked bewildered for a moment as I gently set the safety to off and put the gun on the nearest table.

"Gentlemen, I know this is going to sound weird, but can you do this another time? I'm expecting my girlfriend and I don't want to spoil the mood of this eatery."

"How did you...na jazz you use?" the other man asked, mouth agape. I shrugged.

"Cat-like reflexes. You get it after fighting cat-like creatures like a man-animal. Its a long story, never mind...look, about what were were discu..."

The first man threw a punch that connected squarely to my jaw. So much for cat-like reflexes. I stumbled backwards as the waitress screamed and the couple at the corner struggled to hide under their table. I turned to face them...and saw the Michael Jackson character had entered the fray.

he punched the first man that had struck at me and ducked the blow from the second man, sticking his foot out to trip him over in the process. As the first man made a grab at him and caught him he whirled round and karate-kicked him in the gut. The man buckled, going down and vomiting all over himself. The second man who had recovered from his fall charged him and pushed him to the service counter, smashing his back against the hard wood. I made to run forward but the guy in white grappled the man by the neck and put him in an elbow lock. As the man in white squeezed, the second criminal choked and gasped for breath. In a final effort the criminal raised the guy in white from his feet and flung him over his head. He landed in a crash behind the bar and beside the waitress who apparently had been hiding where he fell. She screamed and ran back. as the criminal looked over the counter the guy in white struck out, smashing a bottle of star on his head. The second criminal promptly passed out.

I watched in fascination as the man in white jumped over the counter and tied up the two men. The first guy who had been kicked in the stomach was still writhing in pain. The greed manifestation had completely disappeared. After securing their hands and feet with very strong plastic clips, he sauntered up to me.

"You know, you could have helped." He said.

"Well I wanted to, but you were doing so well by yourself" I replied. "I'm impressed. Do you fight for a living?"

"Well, kind of. I'm a chief security officer. Name is Jeffery. Jeffery Jamez with a Z."

"Chukwudi. B." I replied. We shook hands.

"Guess I'll have to call the cops to clean up this mess." He said, lazily bringing out his phone. "Damn, it was supposed to be my night off. My Birthday."

"happy Birthday Jeffery." I said. "Take it easy on the cake."

Jeffery snorted. "Yeah, well. No cake for me. I don.t think my folk remembered and its almost 9pm. So i cane here to celebrate alone."

"I don't know what you are talking about." I said. "Your surprise party started about an hour ago. No one can reach you because you switched your cell phone off. Mirabel is pissed already. There's a huge and quite embarrassing birthday cake with your age on it waiting for you to cut open. So i would suggest you make the call and get home as quickly as you can."

he looked at me, stunned.

"How did you know Mirabel? Who..."

"Make the call. I'll take care of things from here."

Jeffery grinned. "she had you follow me didn't she?"

I smiled. "You'll be late."

He smiled and waved as he took off, taking out his cellphone to call the police as he did so.

I turned around to see the couple still cowering under the table and the two now unconscious crooks on the floor. the waitress was nowhere to be seen. I sighed.

This was definitely not a romantic environment.

THE END

Happy birthday to my Chief Security Officer,Jeffery Jamez!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Day The World Ended by whitemosquito(f): 12:39am On Aug 09, 2014
Royver:
Awww, thanks sir/ m'am. P.S are you red mosquito or do you know red mosquito? How's medical school? When are we seeing the rest of the Sango saga? It was one of the first stories i started following on nairaland.

thanks again, I appreciate.
lol. I aint Red. Red's a brother from another mother and father. He's currently swamped with school work though. I am equally hoping he finishes the Sango saga o. But u can check out my story Êru ti ife. I may not be Red but the mosquito in me should make it worth your mb. Lol.

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 12:44am On Aug 09, 2014
whitemosquito: lol. I aint Red. Red's a brother from another mother and father. He's currently swamped with school work though. I am equally hoping he finishes the Sango saga o. But u can check out my story Êru ti ife. I may not be Red but the mosquito in me should make it worth your mb. Lol.
nuff said. Checking out your story now.
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 12:46am On Aug 09, 2014
Timothy3113: Well done guy but I noticed something in the story. The use of pupils instead of student, headmaster instead of principal.
Duly noted timothy, thanks for the correction. I keep muddling up primary and secondary school bits tongue
Re: The Day The World Ended by Royver(m): 12:48am On Aug 09, 2014
All these ladies spying in through the door, I dey see una o cheesy

C......, E......., I........, etc una doo oo cheesy
Re: The Day The World Ended by Nobody: 12:53am On Aug 09, 2014
undecided

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:07am On Aug 09, 2014
Royver: INTERLUDE: THE CHANCE MEETING
I walked into the fast food joint and looked around nervously. I was the first of my company to arrive even though i wasnt the only one there. A couple sat at the extreme left hand corner close to the air conditioning, laughing away and having a good time over soft drinks and fried rice. A young man sat in the empty seat on the other side, sipping a drink I couldn't recognize and watching the match on the LED tv placed just infront of him on the wall. He wore a white suit and trousers with gold lining that sparkled when he moved. a pair of dark shades covered his eyes and a trim hat sat atop his head. He reminded me of Michael Jackson in his glory years.

i surveyed the place for somewhere isolated, somewhere i could make an ass of myself without being easily seen. I picked the centre isle, third row; a double sette with a centre table in-between them. I walked briskly to the seat and sat down.

She would be here anytime soon. I wanted it all to be just perfect. I looked at the dj behind the bar who nodded at me in acknowledgement before continuing his mixing. he was playing a jazz tune, a melody that called out to my soul. the warmth and strong confidence the music exuded helped in calming my nerves as I took deep even breaths.

the door opened and two men walked in, both of average height and both wearing black tops and denim jean trousers. they stared at everyone and I saw the master of greed and mischief behind them, his whip in hand stroking their backs and egging them on.

They were going to rob the place.

I caught my breath in horror. Really? Tonight of all nights? And a restaurant? Who in their right minds would rob a restaurant?
These folks were going to spoil the romantic mood i was trying to create. there was no way i wouldn't have to intervene in this matter.

The men approached seemingly casually, making a beeline for the lady behind the bar and the cash register. I waited until they had passed then got up silently from my seat. I followed them from behind and waited patiently for them to make the first move.

"her, sister! come here!" one of the men said roughly.

"Wetin una go chop?" she asked innocently as she approached. suddenly she froze. One of the men had showed her a gun.

"If you make 'pem!' I will shoot you. Oya open this tellar and bring out all the money." he said.

"Yes and do it quickly and silently!" the other one said.

"Yeah but why should she though?" I said as the men whirled round to face me. "Its not like it is your money."

the first man brought out the gun that he had been concealing and pointed it at my face. "So you think say you be hero abi? Move back!"

He hadn't completed the sentence before I had the gun in my hand. They both looked bewildered for a moment as I gently set the safety to off and put the gun on the nearest table.

"Gentlemen, I know this is going to sound weird, but can you do this another time? I'm expecting my girlfriend and I don't want to spoil the mood of this eatery."

"How did you...na jazz you use?" the other man asked, mouth agape. I shrugged.

"Cat-like reflexes. You get it after fighting cat-like creatures like a man-animal. Its a long story, never mind...look, about what were were discu..."

The first man threw a punch that connected squarely to my jaw. So much for cat-like reflexes. I stumbled backwards as the waitress screamed and the couple at the corner struggled to hide under their table. I turned to face them...and saw the Michael Jackson character had entered the fray.

he punched the first man that had struck at me and ducked the blow from the second man, sticking his foot out to trip him over in the process. As the first man made a grab at him and caught him he whirled round and karate-kicked him in the gut. The man buckled, going down and vomiting all over himself. The second man who had recovered from his fall charged him and pushed him to the service counter, smashing his back against the hard wood. I made to run forward but the guy in white grappled the man by the neck and put him in an elbow lock. As the man in white squeezed, the second criminal choked and gasped for breath. In a final effort the criminal raised the guy in white from his feet and flung him over his head. He landed in a crash behind the bar and beside the waitress who apparently had been hiding where he fell. She screamed and ran back. as the criminal looked over the counter the guy in white struck out, smashing a bottle of star on his head. The second criminal promptly passed out.

I watched in fascination as the man in white jumped over the counter and tied up the two men. The first guy who had been kicked in the stomach was still writhing in pain. The greed manifestation had completely disappeared. After securing their hands and feet with very strong plastic clips, he sauntered up to me.

"You know, you could have helped." He said.

"Well I wanted to, but you were doing so well by yourself" I replied. "I'm impressed. Do you fight for a living?"

"Well, kind of. I'm a chief security officer. Name is Jeffery. Jeffery Jamez with a Z."

"Chukwudi. B." I replied. We shook hands.

"Guess I'll have to call the cops to clean up this mess." He said, lazily bringing out his phone. "Damn, it was supposed to be my night off. My Birthday."

"happy Birthday Jeffery." I said. "Take it easy on the cake."

Jeffery snorted. "Yeah, well. No cake for me. I don.t think my folk remembered and its almost 9pm. So i cane here to celebrate alone."

"I don't know what you are talking about." I said. "Your surprise party started about an hour ago. No one can reach you because you switched your cell phone off. Mirabel is pissed already. There's a huge and quite embarrassing birthday cake with your age on it waiting for you to cut open. So i would suggest you make the call and get home as quickly as you can."

he looked at me, stunned.

"How did you know Mirabel? Who..."

"Make the call. I'll take care of things from here."

Jeffery grinned. "she had you follow me didn't she?"

I smiled. "You'll be late."

He smiled and waved as he took off, taking out his cellphone to call the police as he did so.

I turned around to see the couple still cowering under the table and the two now unconscious crooks on the floor. the waitress was nowhere to be seen. I sighed.

This was definitely not a romantic environment.

THE END

Happy birthday to my Chief Security Officer,Jeffery Jamez!

Hahahahahahahaha......Royver!!!!!!.... I feel really really honored and special right now!!! I love you for this bro #NoHomo........ I'm still your Number One Fan and CSO!!!!....

PS: if you had used Natasha instead of Miralbel I for fear you lol!!!

7 Likes

Re: The Day The World Ended by Euphrosyne(m): 11:05am On Aug 09, 2014
I just can't help but love u Mr Royver #nohomo

1 Like

Re: The Day The World Ended by MumZ(f): 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2014
Royver: thanks mumZ for your support. I'm very grateful. I don't have all the time to check in on my mentions so i tend to miss some stuff. Once again I'm grateful for your vote.
Forget coke, do you drink bailey's? grin

no sir, I'm an alhaja ur updates is all d tanks I need. u r 2 blessed n ur stories r always unique.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

#my Life / Tormented / Diary Of An Anonymous Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.