Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC (13804 Views)

Buhari rejects proposal for Chad, Niger to head central force against Boko Haram / TMG Dissociate Self From Presidential Debates, Accuse Organizers Of Fraud / Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by Clefcentfelix(m): 11:55am On Jul 04, 2014
jdilight:

There is no unintelligent person per say. Now do you know that a President or Governor must work with people from regions and places that are not his. How do he get to pick the right people? Many will say intelligence, but no, he choose his team by recommendation. In most cases his team are clueless about their jobs like new graduates who just secured jobs. With the basic knowledge in the places they have worked before their appointment, they will easily adjust, but will only deliver if the leader want them to. Now this is where commitment and dedication comes in since he will not be monitory all his appointees because he himself still has a job of his own to do.

In most cases the success of a leader is in the hands of his team.

Intelligence all the way, when he's to choose those folks, there are usually many options, an intelligent leader will choose the best out of those recommended. See the case of obasanjo and Dora Akunyili during the revival of Nafdac
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by yzgobier(m): 12:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
How Far?:
Because Buhari doesn't believe in debates. Can you imagine Buhari debating?
I can't imagine Goodluck debating tho, what will he be saying? *cant stop imagining *
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by Chigold101(m): 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
Clefcentfelix:

Eloquence is brilliance, substance filled speech is intelligence. I insist on intelligence
substance filled speech does not translate into action. Many people are deep thinkers & speak verywell but they lack power of implemantation. Debating is not at all one of the Nigeria‘s many challenges. Going by speech & debate Obiano has no business in Anambra government house but today about 120days after, many Anambrarians are happy with what he has done so far

1 Like

Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by TyTymer(m): 12:28pm On Jul 04, 2014
It's official. Nigerian leaders are anti-democratic.

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by Abbott(m): 12:45pm On Jul 04, 2014
Wimpy, inarticulate, airhead senators.
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by jdilight(m): 12:54pm On Jul 04, 2014
Clefcentfelix:

Intelligence all the way, when he's to choose those folks, there are usually many options, an intelligent leader will choose the best out of those recommended. See the case of obasanjo and Dora Akunyili during the revival of Nafdac

We celebrate people whose time has come and gone. I agree with your pointing out the case of Obasanjo. But let me tell you that Obasanjo will perform poorly on a debate platform and from the discussing he is not termed as intelligent.

Many call JEG clueless but some of his team has stunned the world with their performance, though a few has not lived up to expectation.
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by ayourbamie: 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
Will the debate involve first ladies too?
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
How Far?:

Some people really don't think, who did not participate in the last debate? Was is Buhari or your clueless, inept principal?
You might need to visit a psychiatric doctor to examine you properly!!
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by ChildofChukwu(m): 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2014
I don't understand what some of us mean by "saved us from national embarrassment or disgrace". angry
Which is more important, having sound and competent leaders or hiding the incompetence of the leaders from the world?

The importance of a national debate cannot be emphasized enough!
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by aresa: 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
How Far?:

Didn't GEJ refused to debate and instead sat with dbanj to spew irrelevant garbage? This is the useless Nigerian senate clearing the way for GEJ not to debate like he did in 2011.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by DocAdray(f): 4:46pm On Jul 04, 2014
Kai! Dis country sef...
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by darqly(m): 5:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
jdilight:
Many call JEG clueless but some of his team has stunned the world with their performance, though a few has not lived up to expectation.
shocked At the bolded portion of your assertion! Please name ONE that has performed in GEJ's team.
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by darqly(m): 5:39pm On Jul 04, 2014
jdilight:
It doesn't take intelligence bros, it is commitment and dedication among a few lesser qualities that makes a good leader. Take a little tour of the biography of people whom you attest to their contribution in the leadership world and you will understand what I mean. Intelligence is an academic assessment, it has little or nothing in real life.

How can intelligence ever be an academic assessment? Academic qualifications can probably pass for assessment, never your intelligence.
How does having the ability to differentiate right from wrong, to be cost-effective, to be decisive, to be commited to ideals- How can these not be needed by a good leader?? Na wa oh.... shocked shocked angry You mean you'd vote for a committed and dedicated slowpoke?
It's evident why daft people keep getting elected to postions of leadership- ''Commitment and Dedication'' to Looting.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by Clefcentfelix(m): 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2014
darqly:

How can intelligence ever be an academic assessment? Academic qualifications can probably pass for assessment, never your intelligence.
How does having the ability to differentiate right from wrong, to be cost-effective, to be decisive, to be commited to ideals- How can these not be needed by a good leader?? Na wa oh.... shocked shocked angry
It's evident why daft people keep getting elected to postions of leadership- ''Commitment and Dedication'' to Looting.

Tor abeg help me tell them o, I gave up already *pathetic*
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by ibrahym47(m): 6:17pm On Jul 04, 2014
up D. Mark, up GEJ. PDPEE pawa 2 d pilpu. #sigh freshair#
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by jdilight(m): 6:44pm On Jul 04, 2014
darqly:
shocked At the bolded portion of your assertion! Please name ONE that has performed in GEJ's team.

The aviation minister that was relieved of her job stopped aircraft dropping like rain drop from the sky. The agricultural minister is another just to mention but a few.
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by darqly(m): 6:04am On Jul 05, 2014
jdilight:

The aviation minister that was relieved of her job stopped aircraft dropping like rain drop from the sky. The agricultural minister is another just to mention but a few.
Oh, okay, she personally guided the planes through air traffic control abi? grin And the govt appreciated her with bulletproof BMWs if I recall grin
I'm sure you also think team GEJ gave Nigeria Facebook and Google?
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by NobleG1(m): 7:17am On Jul 05, 2014
What do you expect those very-corrupt politicians to do?
Why wouldn't they reject making debate mandatory, when they're clinically-dumb, very corrupt and clueless on what governance means and only in government to loot the treasury dry?!

The outrageous salaries and emoluments currently enjoyed by NASS members is astronomical. The earnings have over the years, been closely-guarded secrets, Nigerian lawmakers are the highest paid political office-holders in the whole world, while their constituents languish in lack.

There is every need for the government to cut down the allowances of the legislators and other public office holders in the country, so as to ensure meaningful development in other sectors of the economy.
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by mapet: 9:55am On Jul 18, 2014
Dense than you? For starters, you accept that you are dense, a glaring and indisputable reality......So it is irrelevant to reason with you. ........
bemagnify: and u ar mor dense dan me...so ansa me wia in d world do da mak presidential debate mandatory prio to general election! Dnt u tink wit ur head! It cn b optional..shekena! I no won debate wit u na by force..if oda pple debate and u wana vote 4dem fyn, dnt vote 4me
Re: Presidential Debates: Senate Rejects Proposal By INEC by mapet: 9:58am On Jul 18, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Labaran Maku had thanked Jonathan for "bringing Facebook to Nigeria"

darqly:
Oh, okay, she personally guided the planes through air traffic control abi? grin And the govt appreciated her with bulletproof BMWs if I recall grin
I'm sure you also think team GEJ gave Nigeria Facebook and Google?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Seals N4.5trn Trade Pact With UK / Ize-Iyamu Campaigns For Jude Imagwe (Photos) / No To Cattle Colonies By Femi Falana.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.