Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! (1649 Views)

Whats Wrong With This Photo Of A Semi Unclad Mother Breast-feeding Her Baby / Heartless Mother Throws Her New Born Baby In A Gutter With Its Placenta / French Woman Offers Breast-feeding Service To Gay Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by Cashio(m): 10:39am On Jul 04, 2014
One guy said he will never allow his wife show her breasts in public in the name of breast feeding her baby.
How do u see dat yourself?

1 Like

Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by MizMyColi(f): 10:49am On Jul 04, 2014
Methinks its a practice for the uncultured. There should be an appropriate place for that.
Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:09am On Jul 04, 2014
Cashio: One guy said he will never allow his wife show her breasts in public in the name of breast feeding her baby.
yeah
MizMyColi: Methinks its a practice for the uncultured. There should be an appropriate place for that.
Cashio: One guy said he will never allow his wife show her breasts in public in the name of breast feeding her baby.
yeah breastfeeding Uя̲̅ baby anywhere is å sign of Good mother ( gidi) ¶n Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by MizMyColi(f): 11:25am On Jul 04, 2014
Lolaabokoku: yeahyeah breastfeeding Uя̲̅ baby anywhere is å sign of Good mother ( gidi) ¶n Yoruba
One Word - Archaic
Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by crackhaus: 3:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
It can be done subtly in public without exposing too much, a hungry baby has to eat suck.

4 Likes

Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by 5minsmadness: 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2014
MizMyColi: Methinks its a practice for the uncultured. There should be an appropriate place for that.
When you become a mother you won't think like this.
Also 'uncultured' is a harsh word to use.

2 Likes

Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by MizMyColi(f): 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
5minsmadness:
When you become a mother you won't think like this.
Also 'uncultured' is a harsh word to use.
I'm sorry if anyone might have felt offended by my choice of words, its just a personal opinion. Thanks for sharing yours too
Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by styno22(m): 7:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
Baby wey dey cry for breast! So u no go giv am suck becos of public?

1 Like

Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by fulanigirl(f): 10:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
Breast feeding is natural and beautiful and it is upsetting to hear how mothers get abused for bonding with their babies. However you can still breastfeed in public and still keep it private and modest. You can just buy a cover so when you are doing it, you are not exposing yourself.

1 Like

Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by Cashio(m): 11:11pm On Jul 04, 2014
fulanigirl: Breast feeding is natural and beautiful and it is upsetting to hear how mothers get abused for bonding with their babies. However you can still breastfeed in public and still keep it private and modest. You can just buy a cover so when you are doing it, you are not exposing yourself.
not even a cover. One can at least go to a secluded corner if need be.
Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by DrObum(m): 10:43am On Jul 05, 2014
Yes! People shouldn't throw away courtesy and decorum because they are breastfeeding but please don't starve the baby in the name of courtesy.
Get a cool corner and do your thing but most importantly, a baby should be fed on demand!
Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by MizMyColi(f): 11:37am On Jul 05, 2014
Cashio: not even a cover. One can at least go to a secluded corner if need be.
My Point Exaccerly!
Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by fulanigirl(f): 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
Cashio: not even a cover. One can at least go to a secluded corner if need be.

Yeah definitely. I know many public places provide a mother baby area where you can breastfeed privately
Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by egopersonified(f): 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sitting in a secluded area and covering up works for me, but I noticed that while breast feeding with a cover in my office which I occupy alone, when guys walk in, SOME of them actually cant take their eyes off that area. Maybe at that time the eyes are totally disconnected from the brain, I cant really tell, but they should realise that the cover is for privacy, why stretch your neck to catch a glimpse?
Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by Cashio(m): 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
man mst wack nah.
Some women dnt even care whether 1000 eyes are on them. Their thought is dat once a a lady gives birth, her bwess is no longer something to hide
Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by SirBigH: 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2014
I've been saying it from day one, I won't like my wife to feed our baby in public exposing a very sensitive place in her body like her boobs. Truthfully, I see it as awkward a woman bringing out her boobs in public. There's something about it that just doesn't seem right to me.
Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 05, 2014
It's selfish to think of ‘your’ nudity. Under all circumstances, your baby's health should come first.

1 Like

Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by SirBigH: 2:23pm On Jul 05, 2014
Who is talking about selfishness? Na me get breast? I just feel something is not right about it simple. Baby will have to eat but wifey should go to a secluded place to do the bossom feeding for our child. If you think it is right, good and fine but for me, I'll discourage madam from exposing her stuffs. Happily as I heard, there's a bra in the market that enables a woman to just unzip and bring out only her nipples so baby can suck. It is just plainly embarrassing to see a woman exposing her b.reast in the public.
Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by orbis(m): 6:40pm On Jul 05, 2014
I don't think its wrong to breastfeed in public when the baby 'really' need to have a shot at the breasts. however she should look around to make sure some perverts are not hoping to snatch a peep at the gorgeous oranges.
Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
Women and wahala, I don't see the issh with it oo. Anyone who looks at a nursing mother lustfully is like a paedophile looking at a five year old child. The problem is not from the mother but the mumu who doesn't recognize the needs of the child.

2 Likes

Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by SirBigH: 7:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
For me, it is not about lustful glances at the boobs because there's apparently nothing attractive most times in the bosom of a breastfeeding mum..... However, my contention is about the rightness of a public display of the boobs. One can always find somewhere hidden to do the breastfeeding.
Re: Breast Feeding Your Baby In Public. How Bad! by wimpey(m): 2:43pm On Mar 31, 2015
Lolaabokoku:
yeahyeah breastfeeding Uя̲̅ baby anywhere is å sign of Good mother ( gidi) ¶n Yoruba
Definitely agree !

(1) (Reply)

Should A 17 Year Old Girl Be Flogged? / Why Do Step-mothers Hate Their Steps Son? / My Mother Tries To Humiliate Me By Telling Everyone That She Pays My Bills?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.