Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. (23496 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Atheists Come In Here Quickly...photo! / Why Do Atheists Come Here Since They Do Not Believe In Religion ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by macof(m): 4:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
5minsmadness:
Wait, what? This your analogy makes no sense. Why didnt they just say people came out of the water or a great beast birthed them? Why the mud and the breathing of life?

So I clicked your link and looked through some but not all of the topics at random as there were too many. Earth, mud, land, rock, they all point to the same thing. Can't you see the similarity? Why didn't someone make man from water? Or air? There is a similarity in the creation story concerning man, (not the gods) no matter how bizzaire other parts of the story gets. Unless you deliberately don't want to see it.

And what do you know is "The Great Leprechaun?" If such a thing existed wouldn't it have beenemtioned in man's history? Can't you see such examples are given by atheist bodies to ridicule the idea of a supernatural being solely and so shouldn't be taken seriously?

And then what? You'll come on your knees to worship him if he does that? I doubt it. You'll probably go on about how its a hoax and how the Americans have devised a means to brainwash the masses. Besides God tried numerous times in the past to communicate directly with man, man simply goes 'wow' and then forgets after some time.

All religion, although diverse, have a common similarity. There is a God. That God may have demigods under him or send out emmissaires or have a Son but it still remains that there is a God. The last major spiritual upheaval is God sending his Son to die so that you can inherit eternal life in heaven. You don't need to do anything extra special like the Jews or Buddhists or Pagans. No need for any special atonement. Just believe in the salvation of God's son and be saved. So simple. Yet so difficult to follow for so many. Personally I think God has tried and if He has decided to leave us to rot in our ways I won't blame Him one bit. The bible actually warns that days like these will come when there will be a loss of faith on earth and people will be full of themselves, beat their chests and say 'there is no god.' and that the faithful should beware of those days.

I don't intend to preach or convert you to the Christian faith. I think most atheists on this forum are not angry at God per se, how can they be angry at someone they don't believe even exists smiley. I think they are angry at the behaviour of Christians they have come across at one point or the other in their lives, or because they prayed for something and didn't get it. Is that disappointment really enough to risk your soul for?

In your search for truth through science, remember to keep an eye out for things that science cannot explain. Try not to build on science so much as it tends to shift like the wind with new evidence. Be mad at Christians and pentecostal zealots with their fire and brimstone judgmental, holier-than-thou attitude but give God himself a chance by keeping your mind open to possibilities.

Utter rubbish..the most ridiculous part is that it's all so long

Can't believe an educated man thinks the creator is one to open Facebook accounts to chat
In essence you have restricted the creator to an organic being
well that's what Christians are made to believe but it's getting too annoying, that some humans are still this foolish

A Christian would not seek reason, logic and knowledge but sink down anything he hears in church
Pathetic slowpokes

1 Like

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by macof(m): 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
cococandy: Yes I'm honest with my self.
I believe in God. I'm christain because I was born one and I like Jesus' teachings.
But I don't honestly believe that all others are condemned to hell because they are not christains.
I don't know what to make of that. But I try to understand other people's religions too whenever I come across them.

And how do u feel about your ancestral spiritual philosophies?
Btw what ethnic group do u belong?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by macof(m): 4:13pm On Jul 11, 2014
kayustones: It is because of God's mercy that you atheists are still alive.
Even if you say that there is no God at least the occurrence of supernatural things like charm and sorts should give you an inkling that there is a realm beyond what you see. It won't be wise to ignore or deny a fact simply because you can't explain it.
Don't wait till science and other things you put your trust on fail you before you humble yourself and confess openly that there is a God

what has charms and supernatural things got to do with jehovah
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by macof(m): 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
qstar:

Personally, i do not have any problem(s) with any god or gods. If i meet any god/gods after death, a conversation as this will ensue:

God(s): Boy, you're welcome.

Me: Ah! Ose jare!

God(s): You forgot to acknowledge us/me when alive.

Me: O my bad. Which of the Gods are you? So much noise i couldn't decipher the truth from the lie. So, i decided not to fall for any, in order not to be deceived.

God(s): Hahaha. I am/we are the force behind the universe. Actually, I/we permitted those noises. We/I don't interfere with the workings of the institution I/we set.

Me: Ok, so which side will i go to now? so many hells. Over 4000hells.

God(s): Oboy, go rest/sleep, abi you no dey tire?

Me: grin grin grin

grin cheesy
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by macof(m): 4:41pm On Jul 11, 2014
Toks2008: All these cock and bull bruhaha.

I have read about many so called athiests,99% of them acknowledge God exstence at the moment of their death so save urselves all these rhetorics.

If you doubt me, please google the phrase Athiests who changed their beliefs before they died nd u wl b srprsed to find many who made the most noise about the non existence of God.

Most if not all of you claimn to b athiest will likely change your beliefs too.

There is a consiousness of God in everyone put in us by GOd himself. You cant fight it.

And what God is this? Jehovah or Zeus
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by cococandy(f): 4:59pm On Jul 11, 2014
I'm igbo

I don't know what to feel about them because I wasn't raised with them. At best we were taught that it is voodoo or devil worship doing all those rituals and sacrifices. So growing up I felt horrified seeing people practice such.

Now that I'm older and wiser,I'm feel indifferent about them.
No loyalties and no disdain.
macof:

And how do u feel about your ancestral spiritual philosophies?
Btw what ethnic group do u belong?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
Dead thread.
So has this thread achieved it's aim? undecided
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
Dapo777: Dead thread.
I have no idea.
You should ask the OP.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by cococandy(f): 9:55pm On Jul 11, 2014
To an extent yes it has.
If you want to add anything else,you're free.
Dapo777: Dead thread.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by qstar(m): 10:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
Apatheist:
I have no idea.
You should ask the OP.

The Op is bossy and dogmatic. I had no idea, wouldn't have involved myself.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by cococandy(f): 11:14pm On Jul 11, 2014
I'm certainly not.
I'm just doing my very best not get drawn into anything argumentative on this thread as it is purely a-listen-and-learn kind of thread.

Sorry if I come across as such.
qstar:

The Op is bossy and dogmatic. I had no idea, wouldn't have involved myself.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by qstar(m): 11:17pm On Jul 11, 2014
cococandy: I'm certainly not.
I'm just doing my very best not get drawn into anything argumentative on this thread as it is purely a-listen-and-learn kind of thread.

I've heard you. Sorry too.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by macof(m): 11:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
cococandy: I'm igbo

I don't know what to feel about them because I wasn't raised with them. At best we were taught that it is voodoo or devil worship doing all those rituals and sacrifices. So growing up I felt horrified seeing people practice such.

Now that I'm older and wiser,I'm feel indifferent about them.
No loyalties and no disdain.
Ok, I was also raised to believe they were evil until curiosity and other factors drove me to it.

Maybe,you should start your observation from your own blood...your Igbo spirituality
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by cococandy(f): 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
macof:
Ok, I was also raised to believe they were evil until curiosity and other factors drove me to it.

Maybe,you should start your observation from your own blood...your Igbo spirituality
Not much of that is practised anymore where I come from.
Infact it is a thing of pride among the populace that at least one compound has raised a roman catholic priest. So observing such might come at the price of traveling out of my comfort zone and delving into unknown areas.

@qstar. We cool smiley
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by macof(m): 9:38am On Jul 12, 2014
cococandy:
Not much of that is practised anymore where I come from.
Infact it is a thing of pride among the populace that at least one compound has raised a roman catholic priest. So observing such might come at the price of traveling out of my comfort zone and delving into unknown areas.

@qstar. We cool smiley

I see, it's very sad that this happens in igboland.
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Ghost01(m): 9:39am On Jul 12, 2014
a = without/no; theo = god; ism = belief. Atheism = without belief in god. The word "atheism" itself predates popular monotheism, i.e. Christianity & Islam. Why people equate atheism with denial, I dunno. We simply don't believe the sh¡t! That doesn't mean it doesn't (or they don't) exist. Is there Harry Potter? O yes, the flying wizard at Hogwarts. Is there JC? O yes, the man who walked on water in....Is there Muhammad? Yes na, no be him be Allah's messenger? Salaam.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 2:37pm On Jul 15, 2014
http://rapturewatcher./2014/05/06/true-testimony-of-lucius-oge-the-rich-man-in-luke-1619-31-is-truly-in-great-torment-in-hell-i-spoke-with-him-in-hell/

....... A Scientist (Atheist) In Hell!

There was another man, a scientist and an atheist who confessed that the greatest mistake he made in life was to believe that there is no God. He explained that whenever they wanted to carry out any experiment, whenever they mention the name of God, the experiment would not be successful, but when they don’t use the name of the Lord, the experiment would be successful. That was the belief that made them make it into a law in their organization that God does not exist. That now, Jesus exists and that Satan even exists. There is heaven and hell but it is too late for him. He begged me to talk to those atheists that God do exist and when they die they are coming to hell and God is not happy about that and that God will take me to a high position and that I should use the opportunity to tell people about eternity in heaven and hell. The fire rolled him down again.
.................. Read the rest:
http://rapturewatcher./2014/05/06/true-testimony-of-lucius-oge-the-rich-man-in-luke-1619-31-is-truly-in-great-torment-in-hell-i-spoke-with-him-in-hell/
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by TheBigUrban2: 2:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
BraveGuy: http://rapturewatcher./2014/05/06/true-testimony-of-lucius-oge-the-rich-man-in-luke-1619-31-is-truly-in-great-torment-in-hell-i-spoke-with-him-in-hell/

....... A Scientist (Atheist) In Hell!

There was another man, a scientist and an atheist who confessed that the greatest mistake he made in life was to believe that there is no God. He explained that whenever they wanted to carry out any experiment, whenever they mention the name of God, the experiment would not be successful, but when they don’t use the name of the Lord, the experiment would be successful. That was the belief that made them make it into a law in their organization that God does not exist. That now, Jesus exists and that Satan even exists. There is heaven and hell but it is too late for him. He begged me to talk to those atheists that God do exist and when they die they are coming to hell and God is not happy about that and that God will take me to a high position and that I should use the opportunity to tell people about eternity in heaven and hell. The fire rolled him down again.
.................. Read the rest:

Take your foolish fear-mongering elsewhere.

4 Likes

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Weah96: 2:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
BraveGuy:

[color=#990000]There was another man, a scientist and an atheist who confessed that the greatest mistake he made in life was to believe that there is no God. That now, Jesus exists and that Satan even exists. There is heaven and hell but it is too late for him. He begged me to talk to those atheists that God do exist and when they die they are coming to hell and God is not happy about that and that God will take me to a high position and that I should use the opportunity to tell people about eternity in heaven and hell.

What a dumb scientist. Which God is he talking about? If he's talking about Jesus, then why isn't he warning the Hindus and Muslims? Do they not outnumber atheists? Or are they in heaven with the born again Christians?

2 Likes

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2014
It is rather UNFORTUNATE that the vast majority of humanity, especially those who think they know a lot or more than enough to conclude that there is no God.

Did you know that....
..... a lot of information or clues were given before the 9/11 accident of the Twin Towers happened.
..... a lot of information or clues were given before the UK's 7/7 Underground bombing took place.
..... a lot of information or clues were given before the recent disappearance of the MH370.
...... ever thought about the MURAL at the Denver International Airport and taken the time to know what information they are painting for us?
..... MOST IMPORTANTLY....
..... a lot of information is ALREADY described in the Bible - but you want to ignore it...... SAD!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHQtjWSQdKA

Our world is riddled with all kinds of seemingly unexplainable situations, which many are doing their very best to ignore by burying their heads in the sand like the proverbial ostrich.

PEOPLE!! WAKE UP! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 3:02pm On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

The TRUE FOOL was the person described in the Bible some 4,000 years ago.... Psalm 14:1
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by cococandy(f): 3:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
Braveguy grin grin
This is a lame way to try convert an unbeliever

2 Likes

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 3:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Fear-mongering? So, what is making you afraid? If you don't believe in the afterlife, there is nothing to be afraid of them; if I were you, it won't bother me a bit.

grin
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Weah96: 3:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
BraveGuy:

The TRUE FOOL was the person described in the Bible some 4,000 years ago.... Psalm 14:1
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good."

Muslims believe in God, but they are not saved by Christ, so the bible says that they are going to hell. Who is the bigger fool? The atheist who didn't believe in any personal God and wound up in hell, or the Muslim who spent all that time and energy praying to the wrong one?

6 Likes

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 3:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
cococandy: Braveguy grin grin
This is a lame way to try convert an unbeliever

Call it what you will, what is the point of trying to convert someone who is adamant of facing the consequence of the Hell he denies - no, I am not trying to convert the hardened heart.

This is just an information to be shared, at least, we are in the information age.

Enjoy the info as you make your way to Hell. Have a nice trip, but sad trip! cry
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 3:09pm On Jul 15, 2014
Weah96:

Muslims believe in God, but they are not saved by Christ, so the bible says that they are going to hell. Who is the bigger fool? The atheist who didn't believe in any personal God and wound up in hell, or the Muslim who spent all that time and energy praying to the wrong one?

Would you be happy to share with me the best shade of black that is white?
The different shades of black will never be a white!

So what difference is there? NONE!
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Weah96: 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
BraveGuy:

Call it what you will, what is the point of trying to convert someone who is adamant of facing the consequence of the Hell he denies - no, I am not trying to convert the hardened heart

What makes you think that anyone in his right mind would choose to be roasted eternally? Are atheists pyromaniacs or something? There is no evidence of a fire, or the tyrant who would imagine such a method of torture. Otherwise, I would be as submissive as an al qaeda operative undergoing a waterboarding session.

4 Likes

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by Weah96: 3:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
BraveGuy:

Would you be happy to share with me the best shade of black that is white?
The different shades of black will never be a white!

So what difference is there? NONE!

You said that atheists were the TRUE fools because we don't believe in your personal Gods. Muslims believe in God, so are they like 'better' fools or something? Do they get ice water after every 22 months in hell for believing in Allah?

5 Likes

Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by cococandy(f): 3:23pm On Jul 15, 2014
Ok
BraveGuy:

Call it what you will, what is the point of trying to convert someone who is adamant of facing the consequence of the Hell he denies - no, I am not trying to convert the hardened heart.

This is just an information to be shared, at least, we are in the information age.

Enjoy the info as you make your way to Hell. Have a nice trip, but sad trip! cry
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 3:26pm On Jul 15, 2014
Weah96:

What a dumb scientist. Which God is he talking about? If he's talking about Jesus, then why isn't he warning the Hindus and Muslims? Do they not outnumber atheists? Or are they in heaven with the born again Christians?

You know, Weah96, when a child is being warned of the dangers of the fire he's trying his best to put his finger into, the parent would soon start looking to be wicked to that child, it may grieve the heart of a parent when he lets go so that that child can experience the PAIN of the burn he will experience, but it probably the best thing that father can also do for that child.

It is just that in this case, it is not something (or someplace) you experience and come back to tell the tale, and even some who experience it by visions or dreams are usually frowned upon.

Have you guys read the works of Dr. Anthony Flew a famous atheist?

Professor Flew, has been called ‘the world's most influential philosophical atheist’, as well as ‘one of the most renowned atheists of the 20th Century’ ..... read a little further here: http://www.bethinking.org/atheism/professor-antony-flew-reviews-the-god-delusion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNkxpTIbCIw

Another LIVING atheist scientist who changed his mind..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVmNf-KtVs0
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by cococandy(f): 3:31pm On Jul 15, 2014
So braveguy since you're not trying to convert any atheist to christainity,what's your mission here?
Re: Atheists. Come In Let's Discuss. by BraveGuy: 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2014
Weah96:

What makes you think that anyone in his right mind would choose to be roasted eternally? Are atheists pyromaniacs or something? There is no evidence of a fire, or the tyrant who would imagine such a method of torture. Otherwise, I would be as submissive as an al qaeda operative undergoing a waterboarding session.

Sometimes, you guys make me laugh! Seriously!

So, the God of the Bible who has warned REPEATEDLY of the consequences of your belief system is a tyrant?

You mean when a person had been warned of the consequences of a behaviour and he dares the legislator and commits the sin to damn the consequence the legislator is a tyrant?

In your community, are you trying to tell me that YOUR IGNORANCE of its law is an excuse for crime?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (26) (Reply)

Enough Of The 'Let's Go Fishing', Why Not 'Let's Go Problem Solving'? / Christian Man Converts To Islam In Borno State, Calls Himself Abubakar / Evangelist Mike Bamiloye: I Used To Steal & Pick The Pockets At The Age Of 7 & 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.