Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags (2844 Views)

"Please Help!!! Older Women Keep Asking Me To Sleep With Them" / Annoying Things Women Do / 6 Things Women Notice In Men Right Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by lalasticlala(m): 7:45pm On Jul 04, 2014
Women and their handbags are often the butt of typically ‘guy’ jokes which comment that these oversized things are practically like townships. However more often than not, men end up using stuff which women miraculously conjure up from their handbags, whether to avoid a catastrophe or deal with an emergency. So whether a woman carries a classy hobo or prefers a largish tote, here are ten of the most common things that they keep in their handbags.

1.A pocket mirror
Well, no prizes for guessing this one. But in fact the presence of a pocket mirror indicates more than the mere vanity on a lady’s part. It is useful not only to touch up the lip-gloss but can come in real handy when you have spy on who exactly her boyfriend is ogling at, behind your back. Also in real life, very few people except your trusted mirror will tell you when you have a piece of spinach stuck between your teeth.

2.A pen…or maybe two
Everyone knows that a pen always comes in handy when you have to jot down a phone number or need an autograph from your favorite TV star. But what about when you are standing in a queue at the bank teller's and the hunk next to you asks to borrow a pen. This way you can have one pen as a keeper and the other one as a giveaway. And don’t forget to extract a quick coffee in return for your generous gesture.

3.Small notepad
This may seem to be taken for granted but you will be surprised at how many people are left searching for a piece of paper when they want to write down an address or compile a quick grocery list at the relight. Carrying along a notepad along with a pen thus saves you a lot of trouble as well as time and is one of the best-kept secrets of organized women.

4.Umbrella
It seems incredible that such a thing as umbrellas should fit into a woman’s pert handbag, but then that is entire purpose behind the invention of folded umbrellas. This item not only saves its owner from an unexpected shower but can also be used for a sharp poke at dirty old men while commuting by public transport. Most of all it saves you from spending the day in damp clothes at the workplace and in the process, from a nasty cold.

5.Hand sanitizer
Every smart woman knows that this item is one of the essentials if she is to avoid contracting infections. Women who are out in the public place for the greater part of the day or work in an environment where they are interacting with people on a daily basis are inevitably exposed to a host of germs and if they don’t take precautions, they are sure to come down with flu or other infections sooner or later. So it is best you carry around a small bottle of hand sanitizer and apply it after using the loo, public transport or even after shaking hands with several clients or customers.

6.Hairbrush
No woman’s handbag is complete without this tool – it could be a hairbrush, a simple comb or even include accessories like hairpins and hair-bands. One of things that women obsess over is their hair and the only way to put those concerns to rest is by quickly running their combs through.

7.Mini flashlight
Men maybe surprised by this item in a ladies handbag but women know how many times this small thing has saved the day for them. You could be lost in a rainy alley trying to find out the mailbox of a particular house number or have dropped an earring in the dark interiors of a movie hall. At such times the tiny beacon of light seems a godsend and what is required to help you get back your bearings – whether actual or figurative.

8.OTC medications
This is another of those items which are found in almost every woman’s handbag and emerges as a life-saver under various conditions. It may be still a few hours before you can head back home and already you have an unbearable headache. Or a loved one on a flight is caught by a violent fit of sneezing caused by a reaction to an allergen. Instead of looking around for pharmacies or waiting someone else to come with help, it makes far more sense in being prepared. For the same reason, many women also carry Band-Aids in their handbags to treat small nicks and cuts.

9.Mints
This is one of those things which has a variety of uses and often feature as a must-have for many ladies’ bags. You could be feeling nauseous after a tiring commute and a mint will immediately freshen you up. Or you could have had a lunch with some item containing garlic/onions and want to smell good for a subsequent date or happy hour. On all these occasions, having a mint or gum is really handy. Indeed you can even offer a co-worker or acquaintance if you cannot bear his/her dragon breath close to your face.

10.Personal products
Then there are women who think of everything – sanitary napkins or tampons for your own or a friend’s emergency; wet tissues to freshen you up when you have been travelling a lot and are quite exhausted. Tissue paper to use after easing themselves. And last of all, extra condoms when you are feeling rather frisky and your partner lamely says that he’s out of Durex. Women also keep their cellphones buried in their handbags and those with kids often keep a change of diapers.

Women who wear contact lenses keep solution for the lenses and a storage case, apart from specs. Women’s handbags have often been an enigma to men especially who fail to understand why and how such a bewildering array of things might be of any earthly use. However women who are on the move are smart enough to know that being prepared is winning half the battle. And their trusty handbags would vouch for that.

http://www.futurescopes.com/advice/7535/10-things-women-keep-their-handbags

Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by Mutuwa(m): 7:47pm On Jul 04, 2014
Roasted corn..sometimes grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by Emmanuex(m): 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2014
I dont fully agree wit this ooo

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by dytbabe: 8:00pm On Jul 04, 2014
The only things in my bag are what u call personal products
I don't do make ups or I say I do once in 6mnths so u can't find in there, no pen, no notepad, no brush/comb, no mirror
Sometimes I wonder if am a lady
grin grin grin
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by sexylogan(m): 8:06pm On Jul 04, 2014
11. Condoms

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by moscobabs(m): 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
sexylogan: 11. Condoms
You r right, I saw it in one of the nairalanders bag when she came to visit me

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by aadetoyin(f): 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2014
Mini flash light? Not so sure bout dat.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by bustyhelen(f): 8:38pm On Jul 04, 2014
d condom is for safety in case d man claims the chemist man has closed.

lol

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by TyTymer(m): 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2014
dyt babe: The only things in my bag are what u call personal products
I don't do make ups or I say I do once in 6mnths so u can't find in there, no pen, no notepad, no brush/comb, no mirror
Sometimes I wonder if am a lady
grin grin grin
Nodding my head

Now I know grin tongue

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by Henrypraise: 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
Oda items not mention by d op (I didn't read it tho)

1. Yanch pad

2. Foam bra or iron bra

3. Charm

Den depending on d size of d bag

1. Land

2. Stove

3. Rubber blokos popularly known n referred to as dildos

6 Likes

Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by Dubemkelly(m): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2014
charger, body magic, sanitary pads, pancake kit and Love Machine

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by larj(m): 8:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
nylon bags/coolers and empty containers. U neva know whre you just may GBO and then YA
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by dytbabe: 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2014
ty-tymer:

Nodding my head

Now I know grin tongue

Not even a tomboy
I am one sexy mama *winks*
I carry diaper too grin
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by phlemzy: 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2014
Op be specific.This things are limited to white women. U will have to add to that list so as to accomodate an average Nigerian lady. Am sure u dont need my help clues..
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by zeb04(f): 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2014
I must have a pen nd a note pad(I learnt that since uni days)

I must have my small bible(even tho 90% of the time,I neva open it

I must have my lip gloss,my eyeliner and a mirror....don't blame me,my ex would disorganise your whole face nd hair before you get down from the car.
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by Emmanuex(m): 10:05pm On Jul 04, 2014
moscobabs:
You r right, I saw it in one of the nairalanders bag when she came to visit me
hahahha...lolz.. She was expecting something frm u den... Nd lemme ask did u give her sha*winks*
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by maingwaest(f): 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2014
Sugar cane grin
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by Nnaemiemax: 10:52pm On Jul 04, 2014
Henry praise: Oda items not mention by d op (I didn't read it tho)

1. Yanch pad

2. Foam bra or iron bra

3. Charm

Den depending on d size of d bag

1. Land

2. Stove

3. Rubber blokos popularly known n referred to as dildos

mehn bro, make sure you perform in the upcoming crack ya ribs event, aahh you funny gaaan!
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by OohMpa: 11:07pm On Jul 04, 2014
LIAR!!!

1) concrete nails

2) hammer

3) roasted corn

4) groundnut, bottle size

5) coboco (in case bobo or hin side chick fück up)

6) pepper spray

7) fresh kpata (when menses fück up)

8 take away plate

9) tissue paper

10) postinor 2!!! angry

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by Lordabas: 11:29pm On Jul 04, 2014
LOVE PORTION!!!
U may think its powder inside their handbag but na love portion dey inside d container shocked

almost all d igbo gals wey i don chyke used it to cook for me bt thank God for my anti-love portion oo shocked
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by Anacksunamun: 12:48am On Jul 05, 2014
Lip gloss

Human hair

Shoes

Corn

Bread

Fake nyansh

Extra clothes for immediate travelling

No books

Toiletries

Shampoo

Plates, for emergency eating at any occasion

Okpa

Guguru and epa

Soap dish with soap inside

Bum shorts

Make-up kits etc

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by Mzjhulz(f): 12:49am On Jul 05, 2014
MONEY
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by Emmanuex(m): 9:18am On Jul 05, 2014
Lordabas: LOVE PORTION!!!
U may think its powder inside their handbag but na love portion dey inside d container shocked

almost all d igbo gals wey i don chyke used it to cook for me bt thank God for my anti-love portion oo shocked
Guy abeg i need small of ur portion ooo
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by maxism2: 10:12am On Jul 05, 2014
small clothes that can last them for like a week in case sudden runs come up and they need to c their boyfriend or go for runs
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by daveP(m): 2:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
Roasted corn
pepperspray
bathroom slippers
sponge and toothbrush
plenty biro/pencil,maybe sharpener.
And an empty lacasera bottle in case of buying bottled drinks and they wanto keep it. Lala add these ones now it should be 22 by now. grin
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by lalasticlala(m): 5:55pm On Jul 05, 2014
dave P: Roasted corn
pepperspray
bathroom slippers
sponge and toothbrush
And an empty lacasera bottle in case of buying bottled drinks and they wanto keep it. Lala add these ones now it should be 22 by now. grin

lol
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by bustyhelen(f): 8:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
[quote author=dave P]Roasted corn
pepperspray
bathroom slippers
sponge and toothbrush
And an empty lacasera bottle in case of buying bottled drinks and they wanto keep it. Lala add these ones now it should be 22 by now. grin[/qu

dave p not meeeee oooo
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by Affable0709(m): 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
grin
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
Flashlight kwa? When I become member of nightswatch
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by Danhumprey: 9:19pm On Jul 05, 2014
Ohwhy: Flashlight kwa? When I become member of nightswatch
You watch Game of Thrones?shockedshockedshocked
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by daveP(m): 9:36pm On Jul 05, 2014
bustyhelen: dave p no meeeee oooo
huuuh! Pishios or ADONBILIVIT!! grin grin grin grin
we know hw it goes on a rainy day in d keke napep/brt now!
Re: 10 Things Women Keep In Their Handbags by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
Danhumprey: You watch Game of Thrones?shockedshockedshocked

Yeah I do. Why are you shocked? Lolz

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Guys Of This Generation Like Booty So Much?? / Women Are Devils / I Had A Fling With My Fiance's Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.