Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Rccg July Holy Ghost Service - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg July Holy Ghost Service (4092 Views)

Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / Rccg Special Holy Ghost Service Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by nora544: 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
Image123: Is there a Bible verse that says a Christian cannot be cursed?

there is no such Bibleverse, this only comes from this money loveing jetflying businesspastors in nigeria to put fear on their followers.
they make all that people have always fear but a christian can live a life without fear.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Image123(m): 10:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
nora544:

there is no such Bibleverse, this only comes from this money loveing jetflying businesspastors in nigeria to put fear on their followers.
they make all that people have always fear but a christian can live a life without fear.

Gosh, Goshen now flys a jet? He's been insisting that a christian cannot be cursed. i hope he or someone produce that bible verse that says so.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Goshen360(m): 5:57am On Jul 10, 2014
Image123: Is there a Bible verse that says a Christian cannot be cursed?

There're lots of verses in the new covenant, where we, Christians belong that says a Christian cannot be cursed. This teaching of generational curse is completely false and foreign to the New Testament. Never was it taught by any of the Apostles. Those who teach generational curses are actually insulting the finished works of Christ and His blood. It doesn't matter if such a famous man of God.

Try\continue to break a curse (that is not there) and you lose your blessing that is there by grace. It’s your choice, go under a law that is not to be obeyed, or stay in grace where all our spiritual blessings are found in Christ.

If Jesus broke the curse and became curse for us, how can we who believe in Him have a curse? Can you be full and still be hungry at the same time? Can you carry blessings in Christ and still be cursed? Did Jesus remove our sins by the cross or only some of them? Did Jesus remove the curse against man for not fulfilling the law by the cross or only part of it? This is what needs to be answered. Does His blood not cleanse all things as it says in the Bible? “The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin” (I John 1:7).

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

The word for salvation here is the word sōtēria and it means:

deliverance, preservation, safety, salvation

deliverance from the molestation of enemies

in an ethical sense, that which concludes to the soul's safety or salvation

of Messianic salvation

salvation as the present possession of all true Christians

future salvation, the sum of benefits and blessings which the Christians, redeemed from all earthly ills, will enjoy after the visible return of Christ from heaven in the consummated and eternal kingdom of God.

This salvation is what Paul, the Apostle of Christ called "complete in Christ" because we're in Christ.....if any man be in Christ...

Salvation also mean deliverance completed by the saving blood of Christ. Those who have accepted His message are translated from the power of darkness into the Kingdom of God’s beloved Son. That is what the Bible says, and no mans teaching should be given priority over this. “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. Old things are passed away and behold ALL things have become new!” It all points to Jesus Christ crucified-- Jesus Christ and Him crucified gives us victory.

Finally, those who teach generational curses are teaching a strange doctrine of double punishment. How do I mean? Look at this,

New American Standard Bible
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us-- for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE "--

King James Bible
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

There're two things to pay attention to here in that verse.

- 1. Christ redeemed us from curses of the law
- 2. He became a curse or the cursed one

How can I still be cursed or a Christian be cursed when a divine exchanged had already taken place in place of the curse that Christ became? Why then was he cursed or became a cursed one or why did he redeemed us from the curses of the law then?

Listen to scripture, the very next verse:

New International Version
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

King James Bible
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

2 Likes

Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Goshen360(m): 6:18am On Jul 10, 2014
saintlawr: People criticize what they don't understand.. RCCG is not like another Church .. Holiness is our lifestyle and we believe it's possible by the grace of God. And please let's be mature we Christians can't win the world for Jesus fighting our understanding .Anointing and the word knowledge is of different degrees .. as for RCCG, OUR VISION IS TO MAKE HEAVEN AND TAKE AS MANY AS POSSIBLE WITH US that's our message ... IF you truely know PST.E A ADEBOYE you will love him. sorry if my Daddy G.O offended u. We are sorry!.. that's the way we understand the Scripture. God bless u.

I'm sorry sir. We're not trying to win argument here. Far from it. What I intend to do is challenge you followers of RCCG to examine or RE-examine what you've being taught and find out like the Bereans if they are true to the Apostolic teachings. Whether I'm right or wrong, go into the word yourself and do a serious study, don't just take the words of a man for what he said. Pastor Adeboye can err...not rightly dividing the word of truth. Rightly diving the words of truth means putting the old where it belongs and placing the new where it belongs in the dispensations of God. The Bereans questioned and challenged what Paul, the Apostle taught. Who then is Pastor Adeboye that his teachings cannot be checked?

And lemme tell you this, where Adeboye is going wrong is doctrine of mixing the old and new testament\covenant together to confuse his followers. Scripture clearly says, the new is different from the old.

- Hebrews 8:9 (in many translations) http://biblehub.com/hebrews/8-9.htm

It will not be the same as the covenant I made with their fathers...

Any true Christian doctrine hold its root in the new testament, from Christ to the Apostolic doctrines. Anything outside that is taking "some parts of the old" that only favours them and use it to establish Christian doctrine. That's a mixed bag of confusion!!!

2 Likes

Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Goshen360(m): 6:20am On Jul 10, 2014
christemmbassey: how can we help this guy!!! Bro Goshen?

I don't know to help a man his heart is already sealed by man-made traditional teachings other than open and explain scriptures to him. It is the Spirit that quickens.

Sure you're doing well brother!!!

1 Like

Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by BabaGnoni: 6:28am On Jul 10, 2014
Image123:
Is there a Bible verse that says a Christian cannot be cursed?

nora544:
there is a no such Bible verse,
this only comes from this money loveing jetflying businesspastors in nigeria to put fear on their followers.

Image123:
Gosh, Goshen now flys a jet? He's been insisting that a christian cannot be cursed.
i hope he or someone produce that bible verse that says so.

I've waited long enough (i.e. holding back)
since, no one yet or so far, have managed to pull out these three verses for Image123, I'll do so now

But God said to Balaam,
"Don't go with them! Don't curse these people, because they are blessed.
"
- Numbers 22:12 GOD'S WORD Translation

How can I curse those whom God hasn't cursed?
How can I condemn those whom the LORD hasn't condemned?

- Numbers 23:8 GOD'S WORD Translation

Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow,
an undeserved curse will not land on its intended victim

- Proverbs 26:2 NLT

Maybe Image123, can reciprocate too,
and now tell us, if there is a Bible verse that says a Christian cannot "...take advantage of the law of aerodynamics..."

1 Like

Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
@Goshen360
Pst. E A Adeboye can be wrong and Every other preacher or teacher on Earth. It's Grace that's keeping us all.

Talking about Holiness, Holiness is our nature but the bible said, we should be Holy in all manner of conversation as our Father is Holy..
1 Peter 1:15
But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Still talking about Holiness, remember when paul talks about attribute for a bishop, holiness was included
Titus 1:8
But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;
U see there is lot about being Holy and living Holy u don't understand

Talking about tithing and first fruit , Almost all Churches in Nigeria believe in it ( Christ Embassy, Living Faith, Mfm, Deeper Life, Dominion city, Salvation ministries ,Christ Gospel Ambassador etc ) Until some pastors from Asia started teaching otherwise... So don't take it personal on our G.O . For your information I believe in Tithing too.

You made a statement about us going from pillar to pillar look for deliverance .. for your information we don't look for deliverance but we DO/ MINISTER DELIVERANCE.
Like I said earlier sir, Understanding differs. STOP THE CRITICISM. RESPECT THE ANOINTING...
GOD BLESS!
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Image123(m): 12:50pm On Jul 10, 2014
Goshen360:

There're lots of verses in the new covenant, where we, Christians belong that says a Christian cannot be cursed. This teaching of generational curse is completely false and foreign to the New Testament. Never was it taught by any of the Apostles. Those who teach generational curses are actually insulting the finished works of Christ and His blood. It doesn't matter if such a famous man of God.

Try\continue to break a curse (that is not there) and you lose your blessing that is there by grace. It’s your choice, go under a law that is not to be obeyed, or stay in grace where all our spiritual blessings are found in Christ.

If Jesus broke the curse and became curse for us, how can we who believe in Him have a curse? Can you be full and still be hungry at the same time? Can you carry blessings in Christ and still be cursed? Did Jesus remove our sins by the cross or only some of them? Did Jesus remove the curse against man for not fulfilling the law by the cross or only part of it? This is what needs to be answered. Does His blood not cleanse all things as it says in the Bible? “The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin” (I John 1:7).

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

The word for salvation here is the word sōtēria and it means:

deliverance, preservation, safety, salvation

deliverance from the molestation of enemies

in an ethical sense, that which concludes to the soul's safety or salvation

of Messianic salvation

salvation as the present possession of all true Christians

future salvation, the sum of benefits and blessings which the Christians, redeemed from all earthly ills, will enjoy after the visible return of Christ from heaven in the consummated and eternal kingdom of God.

This salvation is what Paul, the Apostle of Christ called "complete in Christ" because we're in Christ.....if any man be in Christ...

Salvation also mean deliverance completed by the saving blood of Christ. Those who have accepted His message are translated from the power of darkness into the Kingdom of God’s beloved Son. That is what the Bible says, and no mans teaching should be given priority over this. “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. Old things are passed away and behold ALL things have become new!” It all points to Jesus Christ crucified-- Jesus Christ and Him crucified gives us victory.

Finally, those who teach generational curses are teaching a strange doctrine of double punishment. How do I mean? Look at this,

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us-- for it is written, "CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE "--

King James Bible
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

There're two things to pay attention to here in that verse.

- 1. Christ redeemed us from curses of the law
- 2. He became a curse or the cursed one

How can I still be cursed or a Christian be cursed when a divine exchanged had already taken place in place of the curse that Christ became? Why then was he cursed or became a cursed one or why did he redeemed us from the curses of the law then?

Listen to scripture, the very next verse:

New International Version
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

King James Bible
That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Is there a Bible verse that says a christian cannot be cursed?
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Image123(m): 12:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
BabaGnoni:

I've waited long enough (i.e. holding back)
since, no one yet or so far, have managed to pull out these three verses for Image123, I'll do so now

But God said to Balaam,
"Don't go with them! Don't curse these people, because they are blessed.
"
- Numbers 22:12 GOD'S WORD Translation

How can I curse those whom God hasn't cursed?
How can I condemn those whom the LORD hasn't condemned?

- Numbers 23:8 GOD'S WORD Translation

Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow,
an undeserved curse will not land on its intended victim

- Proverbs 26:2 NLT

Maybe Image123, can reciprocate too,
and now tell us, if there is a Bible verse that says a Christian cannot "...take advantage of the law of aerodynamics..."

Are you really quoting three OT verses FOR christians? Tell me you read all that story Goshen has been telling about old and new and Adeboye?
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Image123(m): 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2014
Olusanya333: Yea Brother u see I think its Time we Make a change lk d Apostles did nd those pple cried "dey turned d world upside down". Seriously if a Sinner see Pst E.A Adeboye, Pst Kumuyi walking on leg to preach to him will he not be happy?nd now telling him dat Jesus Loves him more will he nt turn to Jesus? These are the changes i Vision to bring to pass nd i need brethens with d same Vision to win 4 Christ.

You want them to stop using cars?
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Olusanya333(m): 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
Image123:

Yes if they can. Walk on ur legs if u r to preach
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by nora544: 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
Image123:

first they should sell their jets, and they can use cars but not the big ones and one car is okay for this big pastors!!!!!!!

No pastor need so much security, they are no popstars, but they feel like popstars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Goshen360(m): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
Image123:
Is there a Bible verse that says a christian cannot be cursed?

Again, YES!!!

Romans 5:16 - 18

Romans 8:1

Before you come back to continue your argument, endeavour to look up key words in those verses.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Goshen360(m): 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2014
saintlawr: @Goshen360
Pst. E A Adeboye can be wrong and Every other preacher or teacher on Earth. It's Grace that's keeping us all.

I appreciate the fact you said, your Daddy G.O can be wrong just like every other preacher but your other colleagues don't see it that way. How then do we prove wrong teachings from right? Sound doctrine & rightly dividing the word of truth.

saintlawr:

Talking about Holiness, Holiness is our nature but the bible said, we should be Holy in all manner of conversation as our Father is Holy..
1 Peter 1:15
But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Still talking about Holiness, remember when paul talks about attribute for a bishop, holiness was included
Titus 1:8
But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;
U see there is lot about being Holy and living Holy u don't understand

If holiness is our nature. How are you trying to become what you already are? Does that make any meaning? Holiness is the fruit of our salvation not the root of our salvation. In Christ as a new creation, you're holy. Be ye holy should not be understood as a sinless state or one who cannot make mistakes but should be understood as...live out what you already are by your new nature.

When Peter said, YOU ARE a holy nation. Friends, you are already holy. Can can one who is already holy strive to become what he already is? It should be understood as live what you already are.

saintlawr: @Goshen360

Talking about tithing and first fruit , Almost all Churches in Nigeria believe in it ( Christ Embassy, Living Faith, Mfm, Deeper Life, Dominion city, Salvation ministries ,Christ Gospel Ambassador etc ) Until some pastors from Asia started teaching otherwise... So don't take it personal on our G.O . For your information I believe in Tithing too.

Just as almost all the churches can be wrong. Again, I'm not taking nothing personal but challenging everyone of you to cross check what your leaders teach from the pulpit if they are right. Don't assume because he's anointed, he will always be right. You might believe in tithing but there's a wrong believing and right believing will produce right living according to the word.

saintlawr:

You made a statement about us going from pillar to pillar look for deliverance .. for your information we don't look for deliverance but we DO/ MINISTER DELIVERANCE.
Like I said earlier sir, Understanding differs. STOP THE CRITICISM. RESPECT THE ANOINTING...
GOD BLESS!

I'm not trying to prove know-it-all but we reason together in the word. If the word says, you're already delivered and sealed with the Spirit; what deliverance session are you people still conducting on Christians. Apparently, you need to re-new your mind to align with the word. Also, deliverance doesn't mean casting out devils and demons from Christians, binding and loosing stuffs that we see in most churches in Nigeria but it means, accepting and consenting to the finished works of Christ.

2. I respect the anointing but not in the way you assume - the anointing means different in the new testament. You are also anointed just as Daddy G.O is anointed. The anointing is the Holy Spirit (not the pouring of oil ceremonial as it was in the old) which you have received and sealed with. These pouring oil for anointing as with the old that many churches still practice shadows and left the reality\substance which is found in Christ.

New Living Translation
But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true--it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ.

KJV calls it "the anointing" but check the Greek rendering and reason with the Holy Spirit.

King James Bible
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

If the anointing means oil poured on your head in the new testament, how can oil poured on your head "abides or lives IN you"? Think about that.

1 Like

Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Image123(m): 3:57pm On Jul 10, 2014
Olusanya333: Yes if they can. Walk on ur legs if u r to preach
Hmmmm, does that change anything? They all walk on their legs when preaching. You hardly know their private lives though.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Image123(m): 4:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
nora544:

first they should sell their jets, and they can use cars but not the big ones and one car is okay for this big pastors!!!!!!!

No pastor need so much security, they are no popstars, but they feel like popstars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many of them? Which is the big car? Nora Nora. Is it a sin to have more than one car? Can you have more than one car?
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Image123(m): 4:18pm On Jul 10, 2014
Goshen360:

Again, YES!!!

Romans 5:16 - 18

Romans 8:1

Before you come back to continue your argument, endeavour to look up key words in those verses.

You were shy to paste them verses?

Romans 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

They don't say a christian cannot be cursed, do they? You're trying to draw logical conclusions, okay. But those verses say nothing about a christian being cursed.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by nora544: 4:26pm On Jul 10, 2014
Image123:

Romans 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification. 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

They don't say a christian cannot be cursed, do they? You're trying to draw logical conclusions, okay. But those verses say nothing about a christian being cursed.

because a christian cannot be cursed.

that comes only from Adeboye to put fear on his followers, that is all what he want, and he is good in this.

I could remember one year he told all his followers they should pray because something very bad will come to nigeria when they will not pray and fast, but he never told later what it would be, that is what I hate.

He want that his followers live always in fear and that is not christian. That has nothing to do with the bible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Goshen360(m): 4:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
Image123:

Study to show yourself approved unto God, one who is skilled in the word, rightly dividing the word. That verse teaches exactly opposite to what those who promote generational curses for Christian teach. Again, do yourself a favour, look up key words in those verse and stop assume I'm drawing logical conclusions. You're too old in the word not to know these little things.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Olusanya333(m): 4:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
Image123:
Hmmmm, does that change anything? They all walk on their legs when preaching. You hardly know their private lives though.
let dem go to Villages nd nt city.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Goshen360(m): 4:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
nora544:

that comes only from Adeboye to put fear on his followers, that is all what he want, and he is good in this.

I could remember one year he told all his followers they should pray because something very bad will come to nigeria when they will not pray and fast, but he never told later what it would be, that is what I hate.

He want that his followers live always in fear and that is not christian. That has nothing to do with the bible!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Goshen360 and I endorse the truth you've spoken.

There's no fear in faith & love and perfect love of\from our Father cast out fear. These men are just preaching dead messages from the pulpit.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Image123(m): 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
nora544:

A christian cannot be cursed simply because you say so? keep Adeboye out of this, can you?
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Image123(m): 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
Goshen360:

Study to show yourself approved unto God, one who is skilled in the word, rightly dividing the word. That verse teaches exactly opposite to what those who promote generational curses for Christian teach. Again, do yourself a favour, look up key words in those verse and stop assume I'm drawing logical conclusions. You're too old in the word not to know these little things.

Adeboye is older than me oh, so let's not use my 'oldness' as a base. Those verses don't teach about curses. Kindly show please.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Image123(m): 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
Olusanya333: let dem go to Villages nd nt city.

Are the people in the village more valid or more important? Are you the one that sends them or God?
BTW, they do go to different places from the little i know. They go on crusades, revival, and other such programmes in both urban and rural communities. Apart from that, their influence, tapes, cds, books get everywhere. They have churches and missionaries expanding the message. They're not omnipresent, remember? The church is a team or body, not a one man show. Do your part and let them do theirs.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by nora544: 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2014
Key words in Daddy's preaching tonight
1. The two most powerful forces on earth are Blessings and Curses.
2. When u are blessed, it will not make sense to you how the blessing will come.
3. God can change a blessing to curse, just as he can change a curse to blessing.
4. There are some types of blessings that cannot be reversed not even by God
5. The only way God can stop blessing u is when u stop being HOLY.
6. Blessings don't come without a cause.
7. If God blesses u, u can't die young.

A christian cannot be cursed simply because you say so? keep Adeboye out of this, can you?

Who was it that speaks about this Adeboye I know it is hard to believe that Adeboye is not this so called great man of God because what he taught is not in the bible.

Why I should put Adeboye put out of this when he preach this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Olusanya333(m): 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2014
Image123:
Apart from that, their influence, tapes, cds, books.
brother d Truth is bitter. I hardly read where peter write books for pple to read. Tapes nd cds lacks conviction annointin. See Chrinstainity is dieing nd dis is a way to bring it up.Let dem stop saying RCCG,DLBC,MFM crusade. Let dem go out as commanded not sit in offices

1 Like

Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Goshen360(m): 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
Image123:

Adeboye is older than me oh, so let's not use my 'oldness' as a base. Those verses don't teach about curses. Kindly show please.

Image123, I have given you those verse and repeatedly told you to go study the key words in those verses but you keep turning hardened heart and keep repeating same questions.

As for Adeboye being older. I respect that and respect him as though I would my father but truth is not respect of a person. We don't use traditions of men ( e.g Yoruba traditions) to handle the word of God. Because Adeboye is older doesn't mean he cannot be talked against. We've not insulted him here but only pointed out his error to his followers.

1 Like

Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by nora544: 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2014
Goshen360:

Image123, I have given you those verse and repeated told you to go study the key words in those verses but you keep turning hardened heart and keep repeating same questions.

As for Adeboye being older. I respect that and respect him as though I would my father but truth is not respect of a person. We don't use traditions of men ( e.g Yoruba traditions) to handle the word of God. Because Adeboye is older doesn't mean he cannot be talked against. We've not insulted him here but only pointed out his error to his followers.

thank you, i know about this tratition of the yourubas.

To have respect for a man who is older is not new to me but what I learn when a person who is older than me and make something what is not okay I can speak about it.

2 Likes

Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by GooseBaba: 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
Dux01: a christian can be under a generational curse which he would have to break being a christian does not automatically give u freedom from generational curses .it just puts you in a place where u can have freedom.you have to break the curses youreself through prayers

All Christians are under generational curses.... Is it not Adam and Eve that allegedly brought sin to this world. No matter how you dice it, the curse of Adam was never broken.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by nora544: 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2014
GooseBaba:

All Christians are under generational curses.... Is it not Adam and Eve that allegedly brought sin to this world. No matter how you dice it, the curse of Adam was never broken.

The Bible mentions “generational curses” in several places (Exodus 20:5; 34:7; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 5:9). God warns that He is “a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me.”

It sounds unfair for God to punish children for the sins of their fathers. However, there is more to it than that. The effects of sin are naturally passed down from one generation to the next. When a father has a sinful lifestyle, his children are likely to practice the same sinful lifestyle. Implied in the warning of Exodus 20:5 is the fact that the children will choose to repeat the sins of their fathers. A Jewish Targum specifies that this passage refers to “ungodly fathers” and “rebellious children.” So, it is not unjust for God to punish sin to the third or fourth generation – those generations are committing the same sins their ancestors did.

There is a trend in the church today to try to blame every sin and problem on some sort of generational curse. This is not biblical. God’s warning to visit iniquity on future generations is part of the Old Testament Law. A generational curse was a consequence for a specific nation (Israel) for a specific sin (idolatry). The history books of the Old Testament (especially Judges) contain the record of this divine punishment meted out.

The cure for a generational curse has always been repentance. When Israel turned from idols to serve the living God, the “curse” was broken and God saved them (Judges 3:9, 15; 1 Samuel 12:10-11). Yes, God promised to visit Israel’s sin upon the third and fourth generations, but in the very next verse He promised that He would show “love to a thousand [generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments” (Exodus 20:6). In other words, God’s grace lasts a thousand times longer than His wrath.

For the Christian who is worried about a generational curse, the answer is salvation through Jesus Christ. A Christian is a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). How can a child of God still be under God’s curse (Romans 8:1)? The cure for a “generational curse” is repentance of the sin in question, faith in Christ, and a life consecrated to the Lord (Romans 12:1-2).

1 Like

Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by GooseBaba: 9:16pm On Jul 10, 2014
nora544:

The Bible mentions “generational curses” in several places (Exodus 20:5; 34:7; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 5:9). God warns that He is “a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me.”

It sounds unfair for God to punish children for the sins of their fathers. However, there is more to it than that. The effects of sin are naturally passed down from one generation to the next. When a father has a sinful lifestyle, his children are likely to practice the same sinful lifestyle. Implied in the warning of Exodus 20:5 is the fact that the children will choose to repeat the sins of their fathers. A Jewish Targum specifies that this passage refers to “ungodly fathers” and “rebellious children.” So, it is not unjust for God to punish sin to the third or fourth generation – those generations are committing the same sins their ancestors did.

There is a trend in the church today to try to blame every sin and problem on some sort of generational curse. This is not biblical. God’s warning to visit iniquity on future generations is part of the Old Testament Law. A generational curse was a consequence for a specific nation (Israel) for a specific sin (idolatry). The history books of the Old Testament (especially Judges) contain the record of this divine punishment meted out.

The cure for a generational curse has always been repentance. When Israel turned from idols to serve the living God, the “curse” was broken and God saved them (Judges 3:9, 15; 1 Samuel 12:10-11). Yes, God promised to visit Israel’s sin upon the third and fourth generations, but in the very next verse He promised that He would show “love to a thousand [generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments” (Exodus 20:6). In other words, God’s grace lasts a thousand times longer than His wrath.

For the Christian who is worried about a generational curse, the answer is salvation through Jesus Christ. A Christian is a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). How can a child of God still be under God’s curse (Romans 8:1)? The cure for a “generational curse” is repentance of the sin in question, faith in Christ, and a life consecrated to the Lord (Romans 12:1-2).

If the answer is salvation through Christ. Where in the bible was the sins of Adam forgiven..? If salvation is through Christ, why do Christians still pray for forgiveness..?

If faith in Christ and a life consecrated to the Lord releases you from the curse, do you still pray for forgiveness of sin? If yes, why.?

do you acknowledge the existence of sin? If yes. Where did sin come from?

Since the new testament is the real deal, do you still reference the old testament as the word of God? If yes.why?
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by nora544: 9:41pm On Jul 10, 2014
GooseBaba:

If the answer is salvation through Christ. Where in the bible was the sins of Adam forgiven..? If salvation is through Christ, why do Christians still pray for forgiveness..?

If faith in Christ and a life consecrated to the Lord releases you from the curse, do you still pray for forgiveness of sin? If yes, why.?

do you acknowledge the existence of sin? If yes. Where did sin come from?

Since the new testament is the real deal, do you still reference the old testament as the word of God? If yes.why?

What I write is the answer what you write before or you forget this.

GooseBaba:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Name Which Is Above All Other Names / Prof James Wood. From Psychopathic Atheist To Evangelist. Total Transformation / The Oneness Of Infinity Explained. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.