Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Rccg July Holy Ghost Service - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg July Holy Ghost Service (4091 Views)

Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / Rccg Special Holy Ghost Service Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by GooseBaba: 10:06pm On Jul 10, 2014
nora544:

What I write is the answer what you write before or you forget this.

In your reply, it states the CURE from generational curses is repentance. Repent from what..? I thought Christ died for your sins.. What are you repenting from.

In addition, if any christian prays for forgiveness or repents from sins, That means he/she acknowledges the generational curse of Adam.

My first statement holds.. All Christians are generationally cursed.. undecided
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by LordReed(m): 4:54am On Jul 11, 2014
@Goshen360
On the issue of oil:
James 5 v14: Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. (ESV)
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Image123(m): 10:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
nora544:

Who was it that speaks about this Adeboye I know it is hard to believe that Adeboye is not this so called great man of God because what he taught is not in the bible.

Why I should put Adeboye put out of this when he preach this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, i'm not here to discuss Adeboye, whether for or against. i;m not interested at all. My interest is in the assertion that "a christian cannot be cursed"
We can actually discuss that, can we? Where does the Bible say that a christian cannot be cursed, i'm willing to learn. From what i know, i'll quote two passages.

Galat 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
This verse seems to suggest that anyone can be cursed, whether any man or even an angel from heaven.

Rev 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

This verse also seems to teach that in the new heaven and earth which are yet to come, there will be no more curse. It is parallel with 21v4 which also states things that will be no more; no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither any more pain. These are all things that everyone on earth are still exposed to, whether you are in Christ or not. In this earth, there can be curse, pain, death, sorrow etc. Jesus died to take away your sins so that you won't have to die for your sins. Yeah, He is able to deliver and does deliver from all these negatives, but i don't find a Bible verse that says christians are immune to these. If you have, please produce and lets examine and prove it, thanks.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Image123(m): 10:50pm On Jul 11, 2014
Olusanya333: brother d Truth is bitter. I hardly read where peter write books for pple to read. Tapes nd cds lacks conviction annointin. See Chrinstainity is dieing nd dis is a way to bring it up.Let dem stop saying RCCG,DLBC,MFM crusade. Let dem go out as commanded not sit in offices

Brother, everybody cannot live the exact same way. There is nothing wrong with writing books, many people are blessed by them. The whole Bible was written for people to read. Tapes and CDs have brought salvation, revival, healing etc for countless people. People are going out to preach the gospel, do your best and let others do their best. You are not omniscient and are rather being unfair to state that others are sitting in the office. You don't know how others run their lives. That you've not met them in your street don't mean that they don't preach in other streets. Preaching the gospel can take different forms and methods, and all must be on deck to reach the lost.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Image123(m): 10:53pm On Jul 11, 2014
Goshen360:

Image123, I have given you those verse and repeatedly told you to go study the key words in those verses but you keep turning hardened heart and keep repeating same questions.

As for Adeboye being older. I respect that and respect him as though I would my father but truth is not respect of a person. We don't use traditions of men ( e.g Yoruba traditions) to handle the word of God. Because Adeboye is older doesn't mean he cannot be talked against. We've not insulted him here but only pointed out his error to his followers.

What are the key words, i have begged you to tell. Simply say where the Bible says a christian cannot be cursed.
As per Adeboye being older, you said i was old in the word not to know. So, using the same criteria for Adeboye, you do not agree? Is Adeboye not old in the word not to know? It's not about respect or age, simply tell me and us all where the Bible says a christian cannot be cursed, or are we to simply take it because Goshen endorses it? Your providing those scriptures will help, thanks.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Olusanya333(m): 8:08am On Jul 12, 2014
Image123:

Brother, everybody cannot live the exact same way. There is nothing wrong with writing books, many people are blessed by them. The whole Bible was written for people to read. Tapes and CDs have brought salvation, revival, healing etc for countless people. People are going out to preach the gospel, do your best and let others do their best. You are not omniscient and are rather being unfair to state that others are sitting in the office. You don't know how others run their lives. That you've not met them in your street don't mean that they don't preach in other streets. Preaching the gospel can take different forms and methods, and all must be on deck to reach the lost.
I'm just saying this bcus i can sense Official killing of Christains in Nigeria coming soon
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 12, 2014
this letter was addressed to Christians in Corinth
1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be ANATHEMA Maranatha. the Greek word for Anathema is thesame as curse in
Acts 23:14
And they came to the chief priests and elders, and said, We have bound ourselves under a great CURSE, that we will eat nothing until we have slain Paul.
SO A CHRISTIAN CAN BE CURSE IF HE DOES WHAT ATTRACT CURSE
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
[quote author=Image123]

What are the key words, i have begged you to tell. Simply say where the Bible says a christian cannot be cursed.
As per Adeboye being older, you said i was old in the word not to know. So, using the same criteria for Adeboye, you do not agree? Is Adeboye not old in the word not to know? It's not about respect
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Kenistry(m): 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2014
Goshen360:

if you truly believe that he hears the voice of the holy spirit you would understand that everything he is saying is holy ghost inspired

I do not believe Pastor Adeboye hears the Holy Spirit in everything he says and in most case, I do not believe that at all. This is not to judge but to point out the truth. For example, check all his so called yearly prophecies for the past 2-3years, it's the same that never came to past and was never specific. Wake up church!!!

he is not contradicting the scripture in any way

I can point to you clearly from scripture (which is our common standard for judging any teachings) how Pastor Adeboye clearly err in scripture and Apostolic doctrines which are laid down for the church of Christ.

i think you need to pray for more understanding of that verse and what he said

This is where you people always resort to.....he's proud, he needs more understanding etc. My boast is in the Lord who has graced me with knowledge of His word. The problem here is, you people, members of RCCG believes, Adeboye can never be wrong neither can he err in his teachings and that's what you just said above and you believe nobody can point out error of Adeboye to you people. Well, if you think I need more understanding, kindly give us just one scripture where the early church was breaking curses on each other or attending curse breaking services month in and month out or a scripture that says, a Christian is under a generational curse. I'm still waiting please.

mark my words none of his teachings on holiness blessings and curses even tithings are wrong.it is the truth.

Again, there's nowhere in the entire scripture where holiness means sinlessness and that's what Adeboye teaches. Holiness is our nature in Christ, we're separated unto God. He's wrong in his blessing and curses teaching - e.g, do this for God to bless you and if not, you're under a curse. Such is foreign to the new testament and Apostolic doctrines. Lastly, Hebrew 7 put an end to tithing and Adeboye might be aware of this or not but he will rather mix and confuse you, his followers with Malachi and threaten you with a curse. God is in the new covenant, not the old. There's no more curse any man who is in Christ Jesus!!!
Thank You Bro.Goshen. For taking ur time to explain these issues in d doctrines of the church. I've learnt alot by checkin up most of the scripture verses u've bn givin. Plz dont stop, keeping explainin cos me & many other readers hv bn encouraged by u & many others to study d word as d berean church did. God's wisdom will continue to grow in U, His grace is sufficient for U. Glory to God!

1 Like

Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by Goshen360(m): 3:49am On Jul 13, 2014
saintlawr: this letter was addressed to Christians in Corinth
1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be ANATHEMA Maranatha. the Greek word for Anathema is thesame as curse in
Acts 23:14
And they came to the chief priests and elders, and said, We have bound ourselves under a great CURSE, that we will eat nothing until we have slain Paul.
SO A CHRISTIAN CAN BE CURSE IF HE DOES WHAT ATTRACT CURSE

Put it this way, you're a father and your son does something that attract a curse, will you curse him? If God already poured out all curses on Christ, will he still pour out curses on us?

2. Acts 23:14 - When KJV tells you something, you should try investigate the word. That's what I'm getting into now by the help of the Spirit. Try read many other translations here: http://biblehub.com/acts/23-14.htm of the same Acts 23:14 and see what they say. If you're not satisfy, try get into word meanings and see how you err interpreting that verse.

3. 1 Corinthians 16:22 - We're talking about generational curses here my brother. The RCCG are taught that God can punish sins of a father on children and generational curses can be on a Christian after coming to Christ. This right there is an insult to the blood and redemptive works of Christ.

The problem here is, one word can mean different things in context. Just like you quoted Acts 23:14 and said it's the same word but it doesn't say or mean those people placed a curse (or spell) on themselves but they entered a solemn oat as a bound. More or less like a covenant that if we don't do this, let this and that happen to us.

1 Corinthians 16:22 - the word "cursed" in that context means - to be separated from God and headed for doom\destructions. Paul is not placing a curse or spell on Christians here. Rather, Paul, the Apostle was teaching\explaining the same thing as he taught in 1 Corinthians 5:5, handing someone over to Satan by throwing him out. Remember, letter to the Corinthians doesn't start and end with chapter 16. It's a teaching that is on-going from chapter 1.

3(b). To help you understand what I'm saying about same word, different meanings. How will you interpret this verse: 1 Corinthians 12:3

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Does this mean, Christ is accursed? Afterall, it's the same word used in 1 Corinthians 16:22 you quoted. Context is the key brother. We can still look at it together the more, it you're willing.
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by birdman(m): 3:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
Goshen360:
3. 1 Corinthians 16:22 - We're talking about generational curses here my brother. The RCCG are taught that God can punish sins of a father on children and generational curses can be on a Christian after coming to Christ. This right there is an insult to the blood and redemptive works of Christ.

Bro, this is not true. There may be a few rccg'ers (I dont know what they call themselves) who insinuate this when they get too enthusiastic, but they definitely don't teach that. I can see a few folk on this thread who missed that memo and dont really understand what a curse is.

Their point, which is often lost in repitition is that when a man becomes a christian, it is his spirit that is born again. His mind, memories and habits are initially the same. So while he is now free of the curse in spirit (the real truth), he has to work that out to his physical body and life affairs. Hence, a christian, who is completely free of curses can by his own ignorance or wilfulness partake of stuff he doesnt have to.

There is no need to make a theological mystery of this. For example, a man who suffered child abuse will have emotional (and sometimes physical) issues as an adult. Such abused people usually end up doing the same to their own kids as the devil can use that previous experience as a foothold. In effect a generational curse is born. If that adult becomes born again instead, he is free of that curse, but he has to "work out his salvation" by "renewing his mind", in effect breaking that curse. The same is true of any other curse. You may need wisdom on how to attack it (eg. casting and binding without commensurate lifestyle changes is a waste), but the principles are the same. After all, what is a curse but a reciprocal of a blessing
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by nora544: 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
birdman:

Bro, this is not true. There may be a few rccg'ers (I dont know what they call themselves) who insinuate this when they get too enthusiastic, but they definitely don't teach that.

Their point, which is often lost in repitition is that when a man becomes a christian, it is his spirit that is born again. His mind, memories and habits are initially the same. So while he is now free of the curse in spirit (the real truth), he has to work that out to his physical body and life affairs. Hence, a christian, who is completely free of curses can by his own ignorance or wilfulness partake of stuff he doesnt have to.

There is no need to make a theological mystery of this. For example, a man who suffered child abuse will have emotional (and sometimes physical) issues as an adult. Such abused people usually end up doing the same to their own kids, in effect a generational curse is born. If that adult becomes born again instead, he is free of that curse, but he has to "work out his salvation" by "renewing his mind", in effect breaking that curse. The same is true of any other curse. You may need wisdom on how to attack it, but the principles are the same.After all, what is a curse but a reciprocal of a blessing

sorry but this come from Adeboye aned you will tell me he didnot teach this, it was what h tell his followers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adeboye like to twist the bible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Rccg July Holy Ghost Service by birdman(m): 3:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
nora544:

sorry but this come from Adeboye aned you will tell me he didnot teach this, it was what h tell his followers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adeboye like to twist the bible !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant argue with you on what you heard. Anyhow, Adeboye is not your God. Im not sure why people want to keep dwelling on what he did and didnt. He is running his race. Dont you have your own race to run?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Name Which Is Above All Other Names / Prof James Wood. From Psychopathic Atheist To Evangelist. Total Transformation / Lets Celebrate The King Of Kings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.