Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

For The Shy Guys - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / For The Shy Guys (2557 Views)

10 Ways Shy Guys Act When They Have A Crush / The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) / My Boyfriend Is Forcing Me not To Wear Bra Today But Am The Shy Type. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Shy Guys by Meziem1010(m): 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2014
This may sound funny but, some of us are so shy that we end up asking a girl 'do u like football' when we are alone with them in a room instead of doing what they expect of us. while in secondary school, i was once locked up in a room with a girl because i couldnt talk to a girl. while on another occassion, my assistant school rep., a girl thoroughly disgraced me by tellimmg my juniors that i am not man enough and that i cant talk to a girl. things are better now but many of us are in this situation but cant speak out. my question now is, what is the cause of this situation, what is the way out, any medication for shyness and fear? and for pros, can u give us hint on how to chat up girl under different occassions
Re: For The Shy Guys by lomaxx: 6:19pm On Jul 05, 2014
1. Whenever it occurs to you to talk to a particular girl, talk to her. Don't think about it.

1 Like

Re: For The Shy Guys by braine(m): 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
*marking attendance*
Re: For The Shy Guys by Mynd44: 6:45pm On Jul 05, 2014
**yawns**

A lot of girls are hypocrites. They frown on shy guys when they themselves can't ask a guy out

12 Likes

Re: For The Shy Guys by vicadex07(m): 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2014
Gulp a whole bottle of BIG Alomo...Over confidence go worry you sef grin

2 Likes

Re: For The Shy Guys by softandsweet(f): 6:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
............ Shy guys have a star that very few people see. They are mostly the ones who end up being rational and emotionally intelligent in a relatiinship, once given the opportunity. Someone once told me " sometimes the person who truly loves and respects you may be the one who finds it difficult to tell you". It doesn't mean they have to be timid in their lifes affairs. They are adorable., they need just a little patience. For the OP, there isnt a medication for shyness since it isnt an ailment. All you need to know is to build confidence, you could start with soft spoken people who are less likely to embarass you openly when you make a mistake instead of 'Sharks' who could openly openly criticize and reject you which could make it worse. Know who you are, because everyone is made in the image and likeness of God, if some people are too myopic to see how great you are, its their loss. You'll find someone who will like you for all you are and more. Good luck smiley

20 Likes

Re: For The Shy Guys by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2014
well most times u dnt nid to b quit, starrn @ her or facn down, wen a lady is talkin to u,
am lucky to b a humble nd gentle guy(i cant change it not even wen i try pretendn), wich som frndz misundstood me 4som wan who cant aproach a lady, not until i tought dem a big lesson, wen d dated, ds hard 2get biutiful lookn doughter of pastor who gave most guyz tough tym in class,
Tho, i went extreme miles, nd discovad she wasnt even a v**gin.
But, hey? Am changd 4 gud, i can even ignor any amount instead gettn in2 relationshp dat wuld limit or dimish ma love 4 christ.
Re: For The Shy Guys by henrinity(m): 7:13pm On Jul 05, 2014
soft and sweet: ............ Shy guys have a star that very few people see. They are mostly the ones who end up being rational and emotionally intelligent in a relatiinship, once given the opportunity. Someone once told me " sometimes the person who truly loves and respects you may be the one who finds it difficult to tell you". It doesn't mean they have to be timid in their lifes affairs. They are adorable., they need just a little patience.
Soft and sweet can we be friends
Re: For The Shy Guys by dre11(m): 7:36pm On Jul 05, 2014
I fall into this category
because am a shy guycheesy
Re: For The Shy Guys by adebayour26: 7:39pm On Jul 05, 2014
soft and sweet: ............ Shy guys have a star that very few people see. They are mostly the ones who end up being rational and emotionally intelligent in a relatiinship, once given the opportunity. Someone once told me " sometimes the person who truly loves and respects you may be the one who finds it difficult to tell you". It doesn't mean they have to be timid in their lifes affairs. They are adorable., they need just a little patience. For the OP, there isnt a medication for shyness since it isnt an ailment. All you need to know is to build confidence, you could start with soft spoken people who are less likely to embarass you openly when you make a mistake instead of 'Sharks' who could openly openly criticize and reject you which could make it worse. Know who you are, because everyone is made in the image and likeness of God, if some people are too myopic to see how great you are, its their loss. You'll find someone who will like you for all you are and more. Good luck smiley

Am also d shy type but now am different.
Re: For The Shy Guys by Karleb(m): 7:43pm On Jul 05, 2014
unpredicted one: well most times u dnt nid to b quit, starrn @ her or facn down, wen a lady is talkin to u,
am lucky to b a humble nd gentle guy(i cant change it not even wen i try pretendn), wich som frndz misundstood me 4som wan who cant aproach a lady, not until i tought dem a big lesson, wen d dated, ds hard 2get biutiful lookn doughter of pastor who gave most guyz tough tym in class,
Tho, i went extreme miles, nd discovad she wasnt even a v**gin.
But, hey? Am changd 4 gud, i can even ignor any amount instead gettn in2 relationshp dat wuld limit or dimish ma love 4 christ.

Re: For The Shy Guys by tintingz(m): 7:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
Everyone is shy in one way or the other, confidence is what a shy person need .

There is no medication for shyness but there are ways or steps to overcome shyness, you can Google steps on how to be confidence and how to build your self esteem .

Sometimes being shy drives you away from doing bad things or acting wayward .

@soft and sweet, a very good post there .

1 Like

Re: For The Shy Guys by starlightRR(m): 8:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
Just be spontaneous, walk up to her n say anything complimenting the current situation (example if she is holding a bible n going to church ..you might say something like "can I join you to church, winning a soul today ain't a bad idea)

Then discuss anything "discussable" , try getting a way for next contact, be brief n just move
Re: For The Shy Guys by vicadex07(m): 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2014
soft and sweet: ............ Shy guys have a star that very few people see. They are mostly the ones who end up being rational and emotionally intelligent in a relatiinship, once given the opportunity. Someone once told me " sometimes the person who truly loves and respects you may be the one who finds it difficult to tell you". It doesn't mean they have to be timid in their lifes affairs. They are adorable., they need just a little patience. For the OP, there isnt a medication for shyness since it isnt an ailment. All you need to know is to build confidence, you could start with soft spoken people who are less likely to embarass you openly when you make a mistake instead of 'Sharks' who could openly openly criticize and reject you which could make it worse. Know who you are, because everyone is made in the image and likeness of God, if some people are too myopic to see how great you are, its their loss. You'll find someone who will like you for all you are and more. Good luck smiley
that's what I used to tell those girls back then but they no believe. Am a star, am a star, I get future...but now the brilliant future don dey materialize and eye don red. When I see dem now I just smile and zoom pass...I told you so biatches

1 Like

Re: For The Shy Guys by Lilswaghanxum(m): 8:17pm On Jul 05, 2014
Wow! Can't forget this incidence,i was staring @ the face of a gal i rlly like. Ma intention ws to tell her,hw i felt and then i said, i just wanna knw if u play football. She was rlly surprise bt she actually knew wat i wanted to say. Shyness isnt a curse,it just some people's nature.

2 Likes

Re: For The Shy Guys by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
Just take like 1 bottle of royal challange, whenever u re in d mood to do some,,, very soon u won't need the royal challnge coz u ve already gotten sm tips and styles already.
Re: For The Shy Guys by AfricanApple(f): 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2014
dre11:
I fall into this category
because am a shy guycheesy
like sewiously?
Re: For The Shy Guys by dre11(m): 9:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
AfricanApple: like sewiously?

cheesy
yes ke cool
abi i no resemble onsmiley
tell me did i lie.
Re: For The Shy Guys by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 05, 2014

You too Confirm cool In between, your smile dims inner and outer natural beauty cool

#Just an observation.

@OP

This lady here sound reasonably like your kind of woman.

The thing is : How do you decode her likes in real life ?

Good luck.
Re: For The Shy Guys by AfricanApple(f): 9:23pm On Jul 05, 2014
dre11:

cheesy
yes ke cool
abi i no resemble onsmiley
tell me did i lie.
u no resemnble one o
Re: For The Shy Guys by dre11(m): 9:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
AfricanApple: u no resemnble one o

aha
maybe all this mah online yarns they put me to trouble cool
so, aw is ur day?
Guess ur presence will be visual now than beforeundecided

or
what did u think cool #thinking
Re: For The Shy Guys by AfricanApple(f): 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2014
dre11:

aha
maybe all this mah online yarns they put me to trouble cool
so, aw is ur day?
Guess ur presence will be visual now than beforeundecided

or
what did u think cool #thinking
my dear its just for a short while o, i wont be stable for a really long tym
Re: For The Shy Guys by dre11(m): 9:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
AfricanApple: my dear its just for a short while o, i wont be stable for a really long tym

deariiiii i always know ure pulling mah leg when u said that.....
Maybe i should take this to a thread i have before we derail this thing to no redemption state.....
Will mention u somewhere darling
Re: For The Shy Guys by AfricanApple(f): 9:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
dre11:

deariiiii i always know ure pulling mah leg when u said that.....
Maybe i should take this to a thread i have before we derail this thing to no redemption state.....
Will mention u somewhere darling
lol, waiting
Re: For The Shy Guys by softandsweet(f): 11:07pm On Jul 05, 2014
neutralwaya:

You too Confirm cool In between, your smile dims inner and outer natural beauty cool

#Just an observation.

@OP

This lady here sound reasonably like your kind of woman.

The thing is : How do you decode her likes in real life ?

Good luck.
smiley Thanks smiley
Re: For The Shy Guys by Nastyclown: 12:04am On Jul 06, 2014
soft and sweet:
smiley Thanks smiley

I know you. You've grown into a pretty smart girl smiley
Re: For The Shy Guys by Lenzz(m): 3:43am On Jul 06, 2014

This is a well written nd roundly intelligent post. Coming from a lady these submissions could pass for a law/fact. I like it.

OP keep it real with ds poster nd you just might get lucky wink
She's obviously of the smart stock.

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do You Make Igbo Guys Become more Romantic? / Girls Preparing For Marriage, Whats Yr Current Obsession? / Women Y R U Like Dis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.