Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities (49029 Views)

5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / JAMB Candidates’ Most Preferred Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Perfecter4real(m): 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2014
Law should top that list after medicine and surgery.
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by babyjoker(f): 1:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
FrancisTony: What so special about this Medicine and Surgery Nigerian students are rushing to study? undecidedundecided -_- #vexed
i wonder ooo,i wanted going for that course bt hmm am d scared type so i humbly went economics nd blv me am doing well there
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by akereconfi: 2:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
My course of study

Computer Systems (Forensics and Security)

I hope I get a better place in the labour market (FORCE).

1 Like

Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by SirHouloo(m): 2:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
System Engineering, Mechatronics biomedicals and some other world trending courses could be ventured into by Elect/Elect graduates - maybe that's the reason for it's competitive nature. Wide range of professions.
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by kristylopezz: 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2014
hmmm...na wa for Nigerian students ooo

So all the education courses is nothing to u ppl. God dey!

2 Likes

Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
purplekayc: Whats wrong with civil engineering

That was dream course when I was about to enter Senior Seconday school. cool
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
goalburner: You forgot to add CMCM (Casket Making and Cemetry Management)

This should be a nice course. They should add "undertaking management" to it to spice up the course

1 Like

Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Chikasova(m): 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
So OP,16+14+4 for your scientific calculator gave you 35? OK ooo but you've to do your research well.
*Proudly a 21st century Economist. University of Calabar well represented*

1 Like

Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by fashrola(m): 2:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
So no Marine engineering or Nautical Science? I laugh hahahahaha.... you guys should stop living in the past and stop over hyping some of these dead courses....

if only you guys know what even a cook on board a ship earns....

what about Avionics? Aeronautical engineering? I think NUC has a lot to do in the tertiary curriculum

1 Like

Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
herald9: What of geography and regional planning undecided

Ur village and community will need ur services. Hope u not eyeing oil&gas? If we (geologists) havent gotten employed in that sector yet, dont deceive urself abeg. Like i said, ur village will need ur services.

1 Like

Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by obstead200(m): 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
careytommy: the OP probably dreamt this up
the confirmed top ten for the last ten years are;
10) Theatre Arts
9) Banking & Finance
cool Sociology
7) Chemical Engineering
6) Geology
5) Economics
4) Mechanical Engineering
3) Medicine & Surgery
2) Electrical & Electronic Engineering
1) Accounting
I think I agree more with this list. (With the exception of sociology and geology) I wud replace geology with petrochemical engineering and sociology with biz admin
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by tuffgongjo(m): 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2014
Top 15 or Top 16 op are u confused?
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by ugoskholynx(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
FrancisTony: What so special about this Medicine and Surgery Nigerian students are rushing to study? undecidedundecided -_- #vexed
ask me again
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
Bollyfag, ur profile still dey wish person "merry christmas" now. Which christmas be that?
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by elisinho(m): 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
cryWhere is radiography our course wink

1 Like

Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
tuffgongjo: Top 15 or Top 16 op are u confused?

LOL! Tis a mistake. I added one after I've finished posting it and forgot to change it later.
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Misterpaul(m): 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Students who rush to choose those courses are are usually those who don't really know the reality of things in the Nigeria or students who just finished secondary school.
Their are many great courses which people seldom choose thereby making those courses less competitive both in gaining admission and in the labour market to the advantage of the few that choose or studied those courses.
Why is a very good course like Real Estate Management/Valuation not be a competitive course, considering the numerous prospect in the real estate sector of Nigeria?..The reason is simple, naija people too like follow follow. I remember before, Accounting used to be a very competitive course. But now people done see say the labour market has been over-saturated with accounting graduates and u don't really need to study accounting in school for u to be an accountant, now accounting is no more as competitive as it used to be.
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by tuffgongjo(m): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
FrancisTony:

LOL! Tis a mistake. I added one after I've finished posting it and forgot to change it later.
.ok I was only Kidding also.
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by oskaaay(m): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
Discover a portal that now have over 200 Nigeria courses explained with duration in school, schools offering them, job prospect, specializations and even campus updates. Just visit www.CareerPingger.com and enter your course of choice in the search or check the faculty list..

thanks for this OP article.....
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by kingmekus(m): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
so we weh study Education and igbo language management and administration,na to go make love on top transformer na abi

2 Likes

Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by kaima1984(f): 2:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
GEOLOGY all d way#proud to be a GEOLOGIST#
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
Chikasova: So OP,16+14+4 for your scientific calculator gave you 35? OK ooo but you've to do your research well.
*Proudly a 21st century Economist. University of Calabar well represented*

Greatest Malabite! Unical well representing.
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by henryobinna(m): 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2014
Meestique: Na how many of those aspiring doctors dey graduate as doctors?
your question's dopĂȘ
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
kaima1984: GEOLOGY all d way#proud to be a GEOLOGIST#

Really? Nice to have u here again...my co-geologist.
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
fashrola: So no Marine engineering or autical Science? I laugh hahahahaha.... you guys should stop living in the past and stop over hyping some of these dead courses....

what about Avionics? Aeronautical engineering? I think NUC has a lot to do in the tertiary curriculum
Am studying marine engineering level 200 now the stress is so much sometimes in just wanna quit I wouldn't really advice anyone to go for it though depends on the individual it isn't as great as people think
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
fashrola: So no Marine engineering or Nautical Science? I laugh hahahahaha.... you guys should stop living in the past and stop over hyping some of these dead courses....

Are you into marine sector?
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2014
tensazangetsu: Am studying marine engineering level 200 now the stress is so much sometimes in just wanna quit I wouldn't really advice anyone to go for it though depends on the individual it isn't as great as people think

How do u mean it's not as great as people think and where do u study the course?
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
u for ask them nah
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by herald9: 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
RedBenson:

Ur village and community will need ur services. Hope u not eyeing oil&gas? If we (geologists) havent gotten employed in that sector yet, dont deceive urself abeg. Like i said, ur village will need ur services.
cry
Bros u too brutal o..
nothing is impossible sha
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
herald9:
cry
Bros u too brutal o..
nothing is impossible sha

I wish u d best.
Re: Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
RedBenson:

How do u mean it's not as great as people think and where do u study the course?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Government College Ikot Ansa SS2 Students Bring Gangsters To Fight SS3 in school / OAU Students With Their Own Oro For The Late Ooni (Photo) / The Items A Girl Stole In OAU, Moremi Hall (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.