Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,092 members, 7,814,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter (1975 Views)

Seun,kindly Delete All mentions Dt Have My Email Or D Entire Acct Itself. / Seun/mukina, Please Address This Incompetent MOD That Should Be Cautioned! / What Can We Do To Address This Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 05, 2014
About 3 days ago, I saw a report on ThisDay titled "House: Another APC Member Defects to PDP". I decided to create a thread with the report but I modified the headline to something more attractive: "The supporter of APC Party Shrinks Further As Another Legislator Defects To The PDP.
https://www.nairaland.com/1795676/house-another-apc-member-defects

As expected, the thread got very busy immediately and was fun. The fun continued until the supermod, Mukina2, arrived with her Tinubu's sledge-hammer.

Note that up until Mukina2 landed on the thread, none of the posters on the thread complained about my choice of topic because it tallied with the body of the report.

Consequently, I was shocked when Mukina2 slammed a 3 days ban on my handle. This was what was written on my profile:

"Banned by mukina2 in Politics for Deliberately changing the title of a thread"

My question for Seun and the management of NL therefore are:

1. Why should I be punished for my choice of headline on a thread I created, especially when the headline tallies with the body of the report?

2. Is there any rule on NL that says posters must maintain the same headline as the newspaper reports?

I have checked the 17 rules on NL and I do not see any.

Moreover, even Seun and the supermods modifies some topics while moving threads to the front page.

Personally, there are 2 major reasons I modify some topics:

1. First is to attract more views, posts and prolong the life of the thread.

2. To ridicule Nlanders on the other side of the political divide just for the fun of it.

But bottomline, irrespective of my choice of topic, I try to make it fit into the body of the report or article.

Note, this latest ban came few days after I my handle was released from a 2 weeks ban imposed by another supermod sympathetic to the supporter of APC movement: Mynd_44. The onslaught on my handle from left, right and centre has greatly diminished my appetite for NL.

In conclusion, I created this thread just to draw the attention of Seun to some of the excesses of his openly partisan supermods. Seun can also use this opportunity to throw more light on the issues and perhaps create an 18th rule that forbids modification of topics on NL so that the onslaught of Mukina2 can be justified.

1 Like

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by lakpalakpa: 8:16pm On Jul 05, 2014

8 Likes

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by suwailad(f): 8:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
hello sincereBS go get a REAL life!

5 Likes

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Mynd44: 8:22pm On Jul 05, 2014
undecided

5 Likes

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Smartsyn(m): 8:25pm On Jul 05, 2014
say no to threadism..... a situation where some persons thread is being marginalised.

GEJ till mukina agrees.

2 Likes

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 05, 2014
When is Mukina going to delete this one too and slam you with another ban ?

5 Likes

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 05, 2014
Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by MaziOmenuko: 8:29pm On Jul 05, 2014
grincheesygrin
The whining never ends. Welcome back shaa.

3 Likes

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 05, 2014
Mynd_44: undecided
Do you even care about the PROGRESS of NL?

I thought the Ekiti and Anambra elections should have taught people like you that elections are not won on social media platforms. Smh!

Meanwhile, I expected you to cowardly move this thread to General Section within seconds. So no suprises.

4 Likes

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Mynd44: 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:

I thought the Ekiti and Anambra elections should have taught people like you that elections are not won on social media platforms. Smh!
Funny you say I don't care about the progress on Nairaland.......this is funny coming from the person who made the comment below

Sincere 9gerian: Most of my posts are targeted at pushing back the propaganda of the EVIL supporter of APC group. Until that EVIL group is extinct, there cant be
any constructive debate on this forum. Constructive debate on NL died with the birth of APC and it can only resurrect again after the DEATH of the same party. Lets kill the EVIL party first, then we can post
constructive comments on NL

9 Likes

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Garrithe1st: 8:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
Seun, Ngwakwe and Obinoscopy are supporters of the killer party ....

grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by meforyou1(m): 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2014
I want to ask, is this mukina2 a make or female?
And I think the full identities (including the full names and pictures) of the Mods and supermods should be made public since they are staff more or less.
I enjoy mukina2 on sports section shaa. The only other section I post apart from politics, after when calling a certain justwise a bafoon on travels section got me a 6-year ban. Fortunately after the attack, I got restored back but even God in heaven can't make me visit that section again.

1 Like

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by stingg(m): 8:37pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:
1. Why should I be punished for my choice of headline on a thread I created, especially when the headline tallies with the body of the report?

Of course, you should be punished!

Would it be right too if I open a thread with the title - Sincere 9gerian is a mad man, knowing fully well you're not mad, but just a disturbed being.

6 Likes

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by meforyou1(m): 8:40pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:

Meanwhile, I expected you to cowardly move this thread to General Section within seconds. So no suprises.
this thread should remain here. Why must sensible threads like this be pushed to general section or hidden when janjaweedean threads from reporter general obiagelli aka berem,osogbo rural dweller eggheaders (who I fully exposed yesterday) and co allowed to remain here.

1 Like

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 05, 2014
Viewing this topic: arc~k1, Obinoscopy(m), Ngwakwe, moruphb, me_for_you(m), stingg(m), Seun(m), Mynd_44, ~Bluetooth
Atleast I expect non-partisan response from Seun and Obinoscopy
Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by meforyou1(m): 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
stingg:
Of course, you should be punished!

Would it be right too if I open a thread with the title - Sincere 9gerian is a mad man, knowing fully well you're not mad, but just a disturbed being.
shut d hell up. Did u go to secondary school at all?
Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Obinoscopy(m): 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2014
Garri the 1st: Seun, Ngwakwe and Obinoscopy are supporters of the killer party ....

grin grin grin grin grin
I've never, and will never be, partisan. I'm more concerned about positive development than partisan politics. I neither belong to PDP nor APC. I'm a Nigerian who cares about his country, that's all that matters.

1 Like

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by stingg(m): 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2014
me_for_you: shut d hell up. Did u go to secondary school at all?
No, I had no privilege of going. So what

2 Likes

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
Mynd_44:
Funny you say I don't care about the progress on Nairaland.......this is funny coming from the person who made the comment below

I made that statement about constructive debate in error. I apologized for that. God knows I can never do anything intentionally to undermine this forum. All a non-partisan and PROGRESSIVE moderator should have done about that post was hide it and possibly draw my attention to the gravity of it. Perhaps, even a one or 2 days ban should have been sufficient. But to take your pound of flesh, you slammed my handle with senseless 2 weeks ban. If I may ask, for those 2 weeks that I was banned, HOW MANY THREADS DID YOU CREATE TO ADD TO THE CONTENT OF THIS FORUM? People come here for CONTENT and not to be attacked by partisan moderators.

1 Like

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
God bless mukina2 for giving you a ban for changing title of your topic. It is long overdue. You have been doing it for a long time and the other mods especially Ngwakwe always turned a blind eye on it. I remember OAM4J have once warned you about it yet you feel you don't need to be cautioned.

Ntoooor!! tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by meforyou1(m): 8:51pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:
Atleast I expect non-partisan response from Seun and Obinoscopy
Oga, for one Seun will never answer you. When he refused to answer me or take action when I reported justwise banning me for 6 years unjustly, I know he will never address any just complaint.
Remember he said the other day that he wasn't in good in issues resolutions.
As for obinoscopy, if I say my mind, I'm sure I will be given a life ban

1 Like

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Mynd44: 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:
I made that statement about constructive debate in error. I apologized for that. God knows I can never do anything intentionally to undermine this forum. All a non-partisan and PROGRESSIVE mod could have done about that post was hid it and possibly draw my attention to the gravity of it. Perhaps, even a one or 2 days ban should have been sufficient. But to take your pound of flesh, you slammed my handle with 2 weeks ban. If I may ask, for those 2 weeks that I was banned, HOW MANY THREADS DID YOU CREATE TO ADD TO THE CONTENT OF THIS FORUM? People come here for CONTENT and not to attacked by partisan moderators.
So this is about who is most important to NL? Sorry I don't blow trumpets.

I don't moderate based on Party loyalties, tribe, race, nationality or religion. I consider it a waste of my time. That is what and who I am but if you wish to argue based on your point of view, you are always free to.

4 Likes

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Obinoscopy(m): 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2014
me_for_you:
As for obinoscopy, if I say my mind, I'm sure I will be given a life ban
It's a free world my dear. Say your mind. You won't be banned as long as you don't flout the forum rules.
Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 05, 2014
Mynd_44:
So this is about who is most important to NL? Sorry I don't blow trumpets.

I don't moderate based on Party loyalties, tribe, race, nationality or religion. I consider it a waste of my time. That is what and who I am but if you wish to argue based on your point of view, you are always free to.

It is about PROGRESSIVE moderation. Whether you like it or not, it is Nlanders, whether pro/anti- PDP/APC/GEJ, that add CONTENT to this forum. So you have to take that into consideration when banning people indiscriminately.
Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Seun(m): 9:03pm On Jul 05, 2014
me_for_you: When he refused to answer me or take action when I reported justwise banning me for 6 years unjustly,
(Report to Supermods) and they will most likely share it with me.
Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 05, 2014
Obinoscopy: It's a free world my dear. Say your mind. You won't be banned as long as you don't flout the forum rules.
What do have to say about the issue of modification of topics? I am looking at the 17 rules now and I am at a loss as to why I should be banned for "deliberately changing the title of a thread"
Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Mynd44: 9:06pm On Jul 05, 2014
Sincere 9gerian:
It is about PROGRESSIVE moderation. Whether you like it or not, it is Nlanders, whether pro/anti- PDP/APC/GEJ, that add CONTENT to this forum. So you have to take that into consideration when banning people indiscriminately.
When a user publicly announces that he/she does not intend to add progressive comments to the forum what does that person expects?

When a user admits that he does not intend to post the truth what is that?

We take Rule 7 seriously, maybe you should

5 Likes

Re: Oga Seun, Kindly Address This Matter by Tval(m): 9:07pm On Jul 05, 2014
I have been banned from the sport section for one day, I need something to be done ASAP, I can't do without visiting that section. I sent a mail to the mod of the section, all to no avail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

INCREDIBLE!!:$22 Billion Dollars Found Inside Drug Dealer’s Mansion! [PHOTOS] / Sign The Petition: Stop Workplace Discrimination Against Women / Back In The Dayz: Did You Rock This Pomade?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.