Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji (27832 Views)

Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Genevieve Nnaji: A True Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by bigsam360(m): 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2014
Nollywood Director, Mac Collins Chidebe has reacted to the recent comment by movie star, Geneveive Nnaji where she said the quality of stories in the industry was responsible for her rare appearance in movies lately. Recall that Geneveive told punch that;

“I guess I haven’t found the right script yet. Creativity and depth are the qualities that I look out for in a script. In the beginning, the movie industry emphasized quantity but things are changing and there is an improvement in trend. I am among the people who advocate for the improvement of the industry. So, I am constantly watching out for the kind of stories I take part in.

I am in support of movies that show a great deal of professionalism and creativity. Having practised my art in international & professionally produced stories like ‘Ije’; ‘Mirror boy;’ and ‘Tango with me’, I don’t think I can return to the blandness and mediocrity that characterized Nollywood in the past.”

In his response, Mac Collins Chidebe dissed the Actress for ‘biting the fingers that once fed her” and advised her to help improve the movie industry rather than do nothing.

“Genevieve has just insulted the industry that made her who she is today and what effort has she made to help improve Nollywood? Those days in Enugu when Genevieve was growing in Nollywood, our movies were not rubbish; she has grown now, made money, fame, popularity e.t.c.
How much has she invested in this Industry that made her?

” All the while she was busy waiting for Titanic scripts, Nollywood was trying their best to keep the flag flying waiting for her to come back and take the industry to the next level. Artistes should stop biting the fingers that fed them. We are watching and waiting for them to bring down heaven.

We made them stars; we are waiting for them to come back and take the industry to the next level. Instead of blasting Nollywood, come and improve Nollywood.” Chidebe said

http://www.naijaxclusive.com/2014/07/movie-director-blasts-genevieve-nnaji.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&m=1

44 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
Very true,what's her contribution to the improvement of Nollywood,than ranting like a possessed witch...Nollywood made her,she shouldn't condemn it,but find ways to improve it.

48 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Danhumprey: 9:27pm On Jul 05, 2014
This Genevieve Nnaji is one hell of a proud and arrogant lady!

43 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Csami(m): 9:53pm On Jul 05, 2014
Yes, she is right and yes, he's right. Yes, those scripts made her but these present scripts could destroy her. But she self no get shame, she is suppose to be a director now.

28 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by prof800(m): 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2014
Csami: But she self no get shame, she is suppose to be a director now.
What happened to "sticking to your onions... and working on your craft"?

17 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Csami(m): 11:57pm On Jul 05, 2014
prof800:
What happened to "sticking to your onions... and working on your craft"?

I can see how she's sticking to it, waiting to be the next james bond girl abi? Well she should wait for the remake of titanic, maybe she might land the lead role in the next 10,000years.

9 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 06, 2014
Genevieve is 100% right, we are in the future where NW spends $8m to shoot a single movie. She wasn't talking about the industry she was refering to herself, she now knows that quality gives birth to being the best, she didn't degrade NW at all 'cause NW is already that way and don't expect big genevieve to start to star in all those f*cked up movies in the name of making money like mercy johnson and co, hell no nah. Genevieve now knows she's an actress.

35 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by kossyablaze(m): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
Itz quite appauling...she's an ingrate!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by LesbianBoy(m): 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
Now i understand why my nollywood movie producer friend(he is popular!) doesn't pity and sleeps with up-coming actresses no matter how 'good' they are in acting! grin grin grin grin According to him if they(female actresses) become 'stars' tomorrow they would become proud and start 'looking down' on the finger that fed them! See this MUMU and VERY UGLY girl called genevieve. Is it not the same nollywood that she is condeming that made her? Didn't she realise it was mediocre when she was up-coming? Now she is there talking nansense! *sighs* angry

8 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by bebe2(f): 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ignore those old time nollywood stars jare,

Once dem make their first 1million, pride ho take over them.

see Denzel Washington, morgan freeman judi Dench etc. They have been In the industry for decades and they are still on screen becos the act for the love of acting, unlike our pple wey hungry pursue enter the job.

wen was the last time u saw desmond elliot and the older guys on screen.

dats why I have respect for patience ozorkwo and ngozi ezeonu.

19 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by borlarge(m): 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
space for sell
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Beehshorp(m): 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
kk
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Krak(m): 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
Word!

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by borlarge(m): 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
undecided kiss
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Prowizy2(m): 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
She's right to some extent. . Too many shity movies now in Nollywood. . what da hell is "Ashawo Bar-Beach" ? angry

36 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Guykhena(m): 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
Oh,Nollywood still exists?
Shocking..

13 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by publicenemy(m): 12:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
by not taking part in the mediocre movies being produced she is doing her own part to develop Nollywood,if every actor behave like her by avoiding those meaningless movies...the script writers and directors will improve on their movies.movies are being made within days,with as low as N10,000 and you see reputable actors taking part in meanngless movies,they put their pctures on the posters givng you the impression that its gonna be a good movie and when you start watching you get so disappointed. Fine,she accepted those roles earlier in her carrier but she has upgraded and nollywood needs to upgrade too.

You people should stop castigating her,someone has to speak the truth...

Oh...i forgot, Nigerans dont want to hear the truth.

And just for the record...that lady s not proud at all,she is a very responsible and modest lady.over the years she has carred herself wth dignity and has not been involved n any kind of mess like some other actresses.calling her arrogant is out of sheer jealousy.

102 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by myspnigeria: 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
she was totally taken out of context

11 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Beehshorp(m): 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
Genevieve even when u wia acting nd naw dat u are selecting scripts ur mind no tell u say nollywood has been sh*t even now sef
abi u dey wait for ifa to tell u
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by toshmann(m): 12:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
They are both right. Nollywood needs to change but she and people like her may be the instruments of change that nollywood needs

7 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
Danhumprey: This Genevieve Nnaji is one hell of a proud and arrogant lady!

Good for her! cool
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by faithugo64(f): 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2014
She should be thankful to nollywood,the industry was the ladder to her fame and achievements.

2 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
there probs not ours.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by CVWizards(m): 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
She's only human.

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by SlyIg(f): 12:14pm On Jul 06, 2014
Danhumprey: This Genevieve Nnaji is one hell of a proud and arrogant lady!

She is not being proud. I was thinking she was giving way to other up coming actresses in nollywood to take over from where she stopped.
She isn't proud please. She is one humble and quality star we've had.

7 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by dstnd: 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
Well tym will tell
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
I am in support of movies that show a great deal of professionalism and creativity. Having practised my art in international & professionally produced stories like ‘Ije’; ‘Mirror boy;’ and ‘Tango with me’, I don’t think I can return to the blandness and mediocrity that characterized Nollywood in the past.”

This woman eh..if not for nollywood,who for know you?..if not for nollywood, you wouldn't av featured in the so called int'l movies..stop being pompous and arrogant..You can still pass your message without sounding so proud..

2 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by PapiDShipCapt(m): 12:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
cry

18 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by lekhane(m): 12:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
tony ayo: Genevieve is 100% right, we are in the future where NW spends $8m to shoot a single movie. She wasn't talking about the industry she was refering to herself, she now knows that quality gives birth to being the best, she didn't degrade NW at all 'cause NW is already that way and don't expect big genevieve to start to star in all those f*cked up movies in the name of making money like mercy johnson and co, hell no nah. Genevieve now knows she's an actress.
when a society make you, it becomes your duty to give back to it, that's what the director is saying, no one is begging her to star in just any movie but what she said shouldn't have come out from her mouth rather she should contribute to that industry that made her who she is today!

9 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by sirugos(m): 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
Excessive pride. Too bad.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by hensben(m): 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
This is why naija is not moving forward, nobody wantt to contribute, always want to take or rather milk dry. Am disappointed at genny.
Genny u are one of the reason the industry is still amaturish because u always want to take instead of contributing to it at times. #greedy c.nt.
She should go thank Atiku for her small Fame.

6 Likes

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by lummiedee: 12:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
She's right, Nollywood is not upgrading.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe / Which Website Do U Download Movies From?? / 50 Cent To Make A Movie Series About Hushpuppi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.