Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji (27827 Views)

Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / Genevieve Nnaji: A True Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Dyoungstar: 8:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
I am bringing revolution to our dear nollywood, watch out for my movie coming soon TITLE - WALK TO REDEMPTION. starring nobody because all the stars are requesting for a huge amount of money that I can't afford @ this time. But watch out for my movie to be released by August...

The Good news is that the story was once on nairaland... grin
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Ovems(f): 8:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
Is she even a good actress? She makes any film she stars in DULL AND EXTREMLY BORING. I can waste my money on her movies.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Dyoungstar: 8:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
Preboy: in those days nollywood were doing great bt now wat do we see kukere babes, ss3 students rubbish dat d reason why Jim iyke hit on them in his last interview

What did he say please? And can you post the link?
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 06, 2014
Coming from a self certified illiterate who said "what's" is the same as "what has" and "what have".
Nairalanders pls go through his second moniker 5.00GPA and see how this old man is disgracing himself. undecided

GPA5: THE PROSTITUTE(GENEVIEVE ) IS STILL A LEARNER IN COMPARISON WITH OMOTOLA JOLADE.

#DBANJ HAS SERVICED HER RABBIT HOLE SEVERELY.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by GPA5: 9:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Peppyluv: Coming from a self certified illiterate who said "what's" is the same as "what has" and "what have".
Nairalanders pls go through his second moniker 5.00GPA and see how this old man is disgracing himself. undecided

DON'T BE A FOOL. APOSTROPHE IS USE TO SHOW POSSESSION, TO OMIT WORDS.

WHAT'S - WHAT IS

WHAT'S - WHAT HAS

O'ER - OVER.

PUT MORE EFFORT , GO AND READ ABOUT PUNCTUATION MARKS ESPECIALLY APOSTROPHE
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
She's right of course. The Nigerian movie industry is an absolute shambles that has failed to move forward in over 2 decades of existence. They've refused to get together to chart a new course as to producing and churning out better quality and lower quantity garbage. But apparently, they still have a big market in Nigeria and Africa keeping their mediocrity afloat, so what can I say. They can keep enjoying their money at the expense of producing something of genuine class and worth that can compete with international standards. The worst part is the industry and their fans don't take well to criticism. So I guess they can enjoy their bubble.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by DarryOsh(m): 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
Csami:

Well that one concern people wey dey watch nollywood, not a fan and never will i be. Me thinks she should upgrade. She has the resources, talent, why can't she go into directing? She mustn't write the script, all she has to do is supervise or she should use her resources and influence and move the industry forward.

Y do u make it sound like all good actors can be good directors. Come on, they are not the same.

You have said that you are not fan of nollywood and never will you be. That says a lot. It doesn't matter what geneveive or anobody does. As long as it's Nigerian, it can never be good abi?

Whatever!
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Csami(m): 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
DarryOsh:

Y do u make it sound like all good actors can be good directors. Come on, they are not the same.

You have said that you are not fan of nollywood and never will you be. That says a lot. It doesn't matter what geneveive or anobody does. As long as it's Nigerian, it can never be good abi?

Whatever!

You're 100% right. As long as it's nollywood, it can never be good. Please stop making it sound so personal OK!
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Bigsteveg(m): 11:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
borlarge: space for sell

Which kin grammer u write there?
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by DarryOsh(m): 11:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
Csami:

You're 100% right. As long as it's nollywood, it can never be good. Please stop making it sound so personal OK!

Alright. Truce
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by simdam500(m): 11:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
Abi because they can't afford to pay her bills
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by MrDoGood(m): 12:28am On Jul 07, 2014
tonyayo1: Genevieve is 100% right, we are in the future where NW spends $8m to shoot a single movie. She wasn't talking about the industry she was refering to herself, she now knows that quality gives birth to being the best, she didn't degrade NW at all 'cause NW is already that way and don't expect big genevieve to start to star in all those f*cked up movies in the name of making money like mercy johnson and co, hell no nah. Genevieve now knows she's an actress.

you are a big fool
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 07, 2014
Genevieve ,,,my girl my person , i beg who get her number , i like that girl badly
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 07, 2014
MrDoGood:

I am a big fool
Seriously? shocked
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by negbenebor(f): 8:18am On Jul 07, 2014
tonyayo1: Genevieve is 100% right, we are in the future where NW spends $8m to shoot a single movie. She wasn't talking about the industry she was refering to herself, she now knows that quality gives birth to being the best, she didn't degrade NW at all 'cause NW is already that way and don't expect big genevieve to start to star in all those f*cked up movies in the name of making money like mercy johnson and co, hell no nah. Genevieve now knows she's an actress.
Pls mercy Johnson. Is more of an actress than gene.acting is being able to accept and do justice to a role.she may be high class but mercy can act just any role,be it old,young,comedy,tragedy....dat gal is good!
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 07, 2014
negbenebor: Pls mercy Johnson. Is more of an actress than gene.acting is being able to accept and do justice to a role.she may be high class but mercy can act just any role,be it old,young,comedy,tragedy....dat gal is good!
You are a core genevieve hater, I don't like her either, but let's be real here, it's like saying nonso diobi is better than ramsey, gene has done more challenging role than mercy nah, mercy is a great actress but gene is more of a better act than her, mercy is just a physical actress with lil expression, gene has A1 in expression and emotion, and thatz is the qualities needed to be a great act.

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Freshpage(m): 10:46am On Jul 07, 2014
She is talking abt creativity. Hw creative has she be? Hw many of dis quality scripts can she write? Hw many successful n quality story can she create? Back den, d scripts were of great quality n image builders, bt nw d are no more. Arrant nonsense.
Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
Freshpage: She is talking abt creativity. Hw creative has she be? Hw many of dis quality scripts can she write? Hw many successful n quality story can she create? Back den, d scripts were of great quality n image builders, bt nw d are no more. Arrant nonsense.
I don't get u, did she say that she's a scriptwriter? Or she can write script? As far as I'm concern she is the best in her field, so the writers need to up their craft, and producers need to pay more money to good writers to write better scripts.

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by prof800(m): 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2014
tonyayo1:
I don't get u, did she say that she's a scriptwriter? Or she can write script? As far as I'm concern she is the best in her field, so the writers needs to up their craft, and producers needs to pay more money to good writers to write better scripts.
Nice reply.. hahaha..grin.

1 Like

Re: Movie Director Blasts Genevieve Nnaji by Buike8: 2:40am On Nov 08, 2014
its so alarming nd dissapointin d way 9jirians reason.dere thinkin is crude,stereotypd nd sentimental. how wud 9jirians nd even 9jirian directors kip relyin on ready-made stars wen we hav one of d most populatd nd talentd labor force in africa dat av d potentials 2 bcome 2moros genevive or ramsey noah. we kip on imitatin hollywood bt we 4get dat hollywood churns out thousands of new talents every year.its highly competitive hence actors accept scripts wit gratitude. Transformin a nations film industry requires collective efforts nt solely dat of famous actors alone. genevive has bin d pillar holdin nollywood since 1999.is dat nt lng enof?:her colleagues like regina askia; sandra achums etc av stopd acting yet she is stil actin yet u guys ar still rantin sh1t.cut her some slack!!. so suposin dat god forbid genevive nd other stars die 2day; nollywood wil become extinct abi. if she decides 2 retire 4rm actin 2dae she is justified;she don try. abi se u won arrest am??. besides its shitty films nollywood turn out dis days so she is justified. as 4 mr movie director; 2 improve d industry, lobby wit d govt agencies 2 mitigate piracy,source large funds 4rm banks 2 produce quality films, search 4 fresh talents dey ar out dere waitin 2 b noticed aftrall genny wuz once a nobody sum1 found her.source great story plots 4rm talented novelists nd u ar on ur way 2 success witout dependin on genny. am even tired of seein d same faces on our screens evrytym

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Legend Of Wale Williams, By Roye-Okupe / Which Website Do U Download Movies From?? / 50 Cent To Make A Movie Series About Hushpuppi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.