Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

A Man To Call Her Own - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man To Call Her Own (438846 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by missuniverse(f): 9:25pm On Jul 15, 2014
kingphilip:
Hmmmm OK o
When am I coming
u dnt need to be present,just send d needful nd all wuld be taken care of.
Gud evening
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 9:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
heemah: walai, Henry is a complete definition of.irresponsible...He's makin me annooyed seriously... Welldone Tiffy.Have a peaceful nice rest...
Oh no now, u can't be blaming Henry for what's happening right now and that which is yet to happen Becos it looks to me that Linda is really displaying some silly behaviors here
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 9:43pm On Jul 15, 2014
I really think everything is happening too fast, I actually do not expect Linda to follow Henry back to Abuja. I expected her to go to her fathers house, she would have just drop their house address with Henry, if he feels he want to marry her then let him come with his people to see Linda's parent this time around everybody will do the needful before she will move to his house. Let's wait and see how things unfold

2 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by missuniverse(f): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
Aipete2: Jesus! Henry must be very stupid oh hum um
cool i think i knw her
LET ME REMEMBER
let d lady=X

"running excitedly towards her! ;X,unlike Tara is tall,she is alredi too tall for her age,wiv long legs nd a beautiful face"

Does d quoted look familiar?,ve u seen it b4?
I first saw dat lady mnts ago,at d same spot i saw d quoted

Indeed,d young shall grow.

2 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 9:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
TiffanyJ:
thank so very much kingphilip. Wishing you a peaceful slumber
N u too o
Don't go about separating their fights in ur dream o grin

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 10:00pm On Jul 15, 2014
Abuklaw: I also observe this. Tiffany is doing what she knows how to do best. Suspense
No mind ha jawe
Hope u de enjoy d tory
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by orla01(f): 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
Henry needs 2 grow up cos a real man places his woman above odas nd he never cheats on her,rada he adores n shows her love.Kip up d gud wrk TiffanyJ.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 10:03pm On Jul 15, 2014
heemah:
Yeah thats true buh ion fink she has a grown into a woman...last i remember, she is still a teenager and linda was absent for just 2years....
Nothing money no fit do
I can't remember anytime TiffanyJ gave us their heights to know whether they r of Same height or not
N also note that Linda wasn't herself two full years while Shan on the other hand have everything at ha disposal

TiffanyJ please if this arguments r distractions please feel free to tell us to backoff
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 10:04pm On Jul 15, 2014
missuniverse: u dnt need to be present,just send d needful nd all wuld be taken care of.
Gud evening
Evening missuniverse Where have u bin all day
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 10:07pm On Jul 15, 2014
mikedimeji: I really think everything is happening too fast, I actually do not expect Linda to follow Henry back to Abuja. I expected her to go to her fathers house, she would have just drop their house address with Henry, if he feels he want to marry her then let him come with his people to see Linda's parent this time around everybody will do the needful before she will move to his house. Let's wait and see how things unfold
Linda doesn't want to lose sight of ha daughter hence d decision to go over with him to Abuja which to me is somehow acceptable
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Aipete2(f): 10:15pm On Jul 15, 2014
missuniverse: cool i think i knw her
LET ME REMEMBER
let d lady=X

"running excitedly towards her! ;X,unlike Tara is tall,she is alredi too tall for her age,wiv long legs nd a beautiful face"

Does d quoted look familiar?,ve u seen it b4?
I first saw dat lady mnts ago,at d same spot i saw d quoted

Indeed,d young shall grow.
Hmmmm
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 10:54pm On Jul 15, 2014
TiffanyJ dou i enjoy ur story and everything u have put into it but forgive me i have to say dis...

it seems u are rushing the story plan... i dont know if other readers has also noticed it.

U are trying to put everything out at once. for instance henry seeing Linda afta a long just decided to make her life harder for to come back to him is too ordinary..... and linda agreeing to marry him just like dat all for daisy i can understand but i felt u rushed dat part.

give linda some backbone dont make her look as if she is really desperate to get back to henry atleast she has a family she can rely on.

sorry for my epistle but dis is what i feel..

u are doing a great job

5 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by BashirAhmad1(m): 11:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
Cheriepet: TiffanyJ dou i enjoy ur story and everything u have put into it but forgive me i have to say dis...

it seems u are rushing the story plan... i dont know if other readers has also noticed it.

U are trying to put everything out at once. for instance henry seeing Linda afta a long just decided to make her life harder for to come back to him is too ordinary..... and linda agreeing to marry him just like dat all for daisy i can understand but i felt u rushed dat part.

give linda some backbone dont make her look as if she is really desperate to get back to henry atleast she has a family she can rely on.

sorry for my epistle but dis is what i feel..

u are doing a great job

Tiffy doing a great work, but your observations is on point, really there is need to give Linda her on right as a woman.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 1:12am On Jul 16, 2014
I've read all your arguments and comments. I need to tell you this, Kingphilip and miss universe are right on point. We all have to think critically here... That's about that.
Cheriepet , BashirAhmad 1 and mikedimeji @ , i'm following the story line, i'm really not rushing it at all. I want you all to know that, at this stage, Both of our protagonists, Linda and Henry are thinking hard. Each trying to outsmart the other.
Linda didn't disengage herself from Henry for two good years only to run back to him...don't forget, she too is planning against Henry as much as he is also planning against her.
Time shall tell sha. Thank you all for reading this work

6 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by BashirAhmad1(m): 5:01am On Jul 16, 2014
TiffanyJ: I've read all your arguments and comments. I need to tell you this, Kingphilip and miss universe are right on point. We all have to think critically here... That's about that.
Cheriepet , BashirAhmad 1 and mikedimeji @ , i'm following the story line, i'm really not rushing it at all. I want you all to know that, at this stage, Both of our protagonists, Linda and Henry are thinking hard. Each trying to outsmart the other.
Linda didn't disengage herself from Henry for two good years only to run back to him...don't forget, she too is planning against Henry as much as he is also planning against her.

So we'll wait patiently. Hope Linda and my friend Daisy are doing fine.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 6:44am On Jul 16, 2014
TiffanyJ a beautiful morning to u, how was ur night. Trust u slept well. Do takie of u and enjoy ur day. We are folding our arms waiting to see how things unfold between Henry and Linda ➕ Daisy
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 7:16am On Jul 16, 2014
Goodmorning everyone
Hw was ur nyt

Cheriepet I noticed that too but from experience, I know she's going according to ha plan.. because from TRB, I tot the story won't b that long because everything was happening too fast but eventually the story turned out very longer than I tot that's the reason I didnt raise my fears... just sit down n continue watching

BTW u don't want Linda to go back So I understand ur fears.. no worry

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 9:29am On Jul 16, 2014
mikedimeji: TiffanyJ a beautiful morning to u, how was ur night. Trust u slept well. Do takie of u and enjoy ur day. We are folding our arms waiting to see how things unfold between Henry and Linda ➕ Daisy
hy mike, i'm good sir . Hope you slept well?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 9:50am On Jul 16, 2014
TiffanyJ: I've read all your arguments and comments. I need to tell you this, Kingphilip and miss universe are right on point. We all have to think critically here... That's about that.

Tiff like i said b4 it is ur story and i am enjoying it. so patiently i will wait.

ride on
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 9:55am On Jul 16, 2014
kingphilip: Goodmorning everyone
Hw was ur nyt

Cheriepet I noticed that too but from experience, I know she's going according to ha plan.. because from TRB, I tot the story won't b that long because everything was happening too fast but eventually the story turned out very longer than I tot that's the reason I didnt raise my fears... just sit down n continue watching

BTW u don't want Linda to go back So I understand ur fears.. no worry

Kp morn'n to u too...
it is not a matter of linda going back to henry... i think Tiff made her look sumone who cant stand on her own, backbone-d and determined. eventually dey will get together buh i was hoping to see where linda will be able to command some respect from henry no matter how much he bullied her.

well like Tiff said , 'Time sha tell'.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 10:57am On Jul 16, 2014
Cheriepet:

Kp morn'n to u too...
it is not a matter of linda going back to henry... i think Tiff made her look sumone who cant stand on her own, backbone-d and determined. eventually dey will get together buh i was hoping to see where linda will be able to command some respect from henry no matter how much he bullied her.

well like Tiff said , 'Time sha tell'.
Maybe u skipped the part Where Linda had plans in ha mind for a fight after the court marriage
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 11:02am On Jul 16, 2014
kingphilip:
Maybe u skipped the part Where Linda had plans in ha mind for a fight after the court marriage

plans in her mind can be anything and i did not skip dat...
dats y i tell u according to Tiff, 'time shall tell'.

so KP lets stop d back n forth n read d story

tanks
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 11:19am On Jul 16, 2014
Cheriepet:

plans in her mind can be anything and i did not skip dat...
dats y i tell u according to Tiff, 'time shall tell'.

so KP lets stop d back n forth n read d story

tanks
K no p fingers crossed
Tiff please wen is da nxt update

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
Linda and the lady stared hard at eachother.
This is no woman, this is a girl of about fifteen or so.
'Shan?'
Linda asked in shocked
'aunty Linda?'
Shan asked her too. She looked from Linda to Daisy not knowing what to say.
'shan, you are old grown up. How old are you now?'
'i'm fifteen'
Shan told her with a smile.
'you have a child?'
Shan asked Linda
'yes Shan. What class are you now?'
'ss2. Welcome back aunty Linda'
'thank you Shan'
Linda went in while Shan and Henry brought in their lugages. Linda quickly prepared spagetti for them. They all ate in silence. When Shan attempted picking Daisy, the little girl began crying.
'you lazy girl. Don't worry, you will love me. Eugene does'
they all burst into laughter.
'Uncle Henry, is Daisy your child?'
Shan curiosly asked.
'yes Shan, she's mine. It's getting late. Shall we call it a day?'
'okay'
Shan walked quietly to the guest room leaving Linda and Henry.
'you've changed almost everything in this house'
Linda told Henry.
'yes, i had the whole house redecorated'
'Henry, where will you sleep now?'
'in my room ofcourse. The bed will be enough for us three'
Linda didn't want to argue with Henry with Shan in the house. She quietly bath and put Daisy in bed.
As soon as she entered the bathroom for her own bath, she lucked it from inside with a key. After bathing, she dressed in a modest night gown and slip under the sheets beside Daisy.
She pretended to be asleep when she had Henry came in.
She heard him enter the bathroom for a shower. He emerged a few minutes later. The Henry she knew sleeps unclad. Will he dare do that in the presence of their seventeen months old baby?
She heard him opened his drawers and slipped into a pyjamas.
'Linda? I'm glad you're back'
He said and slipped into bed.They slept off with Daisy between them.
Shan woke them up by 6am. She knocked the door and quietly opened it as Henry stired.
She saw the anger in her uncle's eyes and left almost immediately. Henry tiptoed out of the room so as not to wake either Linda or Daisy.
'goodmorning uncle Henry'
'morning Shan'
he took a look at her clothes. The skirt was very short while the yellow top was cut too low exposing half of her bossom.
Henry wondered when shan had started dressing so immodest. What had happened to the sweet little girl he knew?'
'Shan, get back to your room and change into something presentable.
Henry told her quietly. Shan remaind sitting.
'Shan, your body is exposed i won't tell you to change into another dress again'
Shan stood up and began murmuring.
'I don't have anyother thing to put on. All everyone does these days is complained about me as if i'm a child'
' Shan, what did you just say?'
Henry asked her in shocked.
'it's always Tara and Tara. I'm tired, my friends all get to wear anything they want. They have thousands of naira in their account.
I only get four thousand naira monthly. Whenever Uncle Jordan tried giving me more, Tara got angry.
She wants me to wash my clothes while she doesn't wash hers. I have to endure entering the kitchen three times in a week to learn how to cook when my friends don't.
She's being so selfish and wicked'
Shan shouted at Henry. The noise awoke Linda who emerged from the room to find out what was happening.
'Shan get into your room now'
Henry told her. Tara had told him that Shan was becoming more rebellious. He had never knew it was this serious.
'uncle Henry, there is nothing wrong with my dress. You are not my father to give me a lesson in dressing.
Henry angrilly slapped her. He made to give her another one but Linda stepped between them.
'Shan apologize to your uncle'
Linda told her.
'i want to go back home'
she shouted in anger.
'pack your things, i'm personally taking you home because i won't condone this nonsense in my house'
Shan walked back to her room.
'Henry what had happened to our Shan?'
'i really don't know. Please get ready, we are going to Jordan's together'
Linda smiled. She was about to meet Tara and she had missed her too much.
Shan appeared with her little bag.
'Shan, you are an ingrate. Jordan and Tara had welcomed you into their home. You have everything you want including their attention and love.
What else do you want?'

6 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 1:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
Shan wat has really come over u
Na So life de b sha

Shey I told u all to forget about who's hugging Henry, nw y'all c dat it's our spoilt Shan

Tiff dear carry go jare
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by moseph(f): 2:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
wat is wrong with this shan sef
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by hassan85(m): 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
Yea friends influence... I wonder How such decay can be curtailed ds days.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by edwife(f): 2:26pm On Jul 16, 2014
This Shan deserve correct beating.That is why God does not bless some people financially,they become something else.Look at Shan o undecided
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
edwife: This Shan deserve correct beating.That is why God does not bless some people financially,they become something else.Look at Shan o undecided

Money intoxicate though but at times when u give a child too much freedom it back fires. Freedom of everything is good but the aftermath is not always good in most cases. That's why it's good to train up children in the way they ought to go so that when they grow up they will still tread on that path. Henry and Linda am waiting to see how things will unfold
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
Since it was saturday, Jordan and Tara were both at home. They had just finished having breakfast and were having chitchats in the palour when Shan barged into the room.
'goodmorn'
she said and quickly ran up the stairs.
'Shan come back here'
Jordan called. She slowly decended the stairs and stood at the bottom.
'are we your mate? Or is this how to greet?'
Tara told her off. She remained mute. Jordan stared at her in anger.
'Shan, why did you come back today instead of tomorrow?'
'I changed my mind'
she replied and turned to go. Jordan called her back.
'why are you dressed like this?'
she kept mute.
'who brought you back?'
Jordan asked her
'uncle Henry'
just then, Henry appeared at the door.
'Henry, how on earth did you allow dressed like this?'
Jordan asked Henry.
'Jordan, Shan disrespected me this morning. I told her to get out of those clothes and she told me she doesn't have other clothes.
I would have spanked her but i thought that she is your ward not mine. You need to discipline her but she's no longer welcomed to my house'
'shan?'
Jordan asked
'i'm not a child anymore and none of you here is my parent. Please let me be'
Shan said and ran upstairs to her room. Jordan glared at his wife
'did you just see that? You kept telling me to pardon her. This act won't go unpunished. Shan is too small to start giving me problems'
'I really tried, i did everything i could but i can't get through to her'
Tara turned and found herself staring at Linda.
'Linda?'
'Tara, please don't be mad at me'
'i'm not, you have your reasons Linda. You went ahead and adopted a child?'
'I didn't adopt her Tara. She's mine'
'Goodness, i'm confuse'
Tara looked from Henry to Linda and back to Daisy.
'Tara, the truth here is that she ran away with a pregnancy that belonged to me'
Henry interjected grimly.
'I didn't run away'
Linda defended herself.
'oh yess, you didn't run away. You disappeared'
Henry told her in a rised voice. He was already getting angry.
'mummy down'
The baby yelled. Linda put the baby down and she suprisingly ran to Henry.
'Henry don't shout at me'
'linda don't get me angry. Cause you won't like it'
Both Tara and Jordan decided to interfere.
'Linda you are not looking bad at all. Welcome back'
Jordan said
'thank you, she replied.
They spend the day together. When it was time for lunch, Shan refused to come down.
'she's not hungry'
Jordan announced
They talked about old time sake. Linda met Eugene. He was already more than two years old.
'come Linda, there are so many things we ladies need to talk about'
Tara said leading Linda upstairs.
'before you go Tara, Linda and i have some announcement. We are getting married'
Henry declared. Tara looked suprisingly at Linda. Jordan burst into laughter.
'Are you two sure?'
Tara asked.
'welcome to the married world Henry. Now you will know what marriage is all about'
Jordan told Henry. Tara saw the sad look in Linda's eyes and quietly led her away.
They walked up the stairs to Tara's room. The room was exactly as Linda knew it.
'you didn't redecorate?'
'no, we only changed what needed to be changed. Since you are here, you might redecorate the room for us'
'okay Tara'
They both sat on the bed. Tara hugged Linda warmly. She looked at her critically.
'Linda, what happened? Why did you suddenly leave? And now you are back to get married?
it might have been the concerned she saw in Tara's eyes, or maybe, the fact that there was no one for her to talked with until now, but Linda burst into tears.
As she cried, she recalled all that had happened and what she had endure in kogi. Being pregnant and having a child alone without a single friend.
'Linda, cry it all out. You've kept it within you for long'
Tara watched as Linda cry. She pat her and held her. It took Linda thirty minutes to calmed down.
Linda told Tara everything. Tara listened quietly to her.
'Tara, please, i need a favour from you and Jordan'
'what is it?'
'i no longer have a home to go to. We both know that none of my friends will help me for fear of offending Henry.
I may i stay here until the wedding? I don't want to have any intimacy with Henry until we are legally married.
And we both know that won't be posible if i lived in thesame house with him'
'you are always Welcome Linda. But Jordan and Henry might not be in support. Especially Henry'
'yes Tara, you are the only woman i know who dares go against your brother. Please help me'
Tara smiled.
'i know just what to do, Linda. Relax and trust me'

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by bookhy(f): 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
Lovely story!! U r really a good writer...i luv ur write up...
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
bookhy: Lovely story!! U r really a good writer...i luv ur write up...
thank you ma and you are welcome on board

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (58) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.