Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,693 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

A Man To Call Her Own - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man To Call Her Own (438944 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by chii8(f): 3:56am On Jul 19, 2014
Is lk dat Linda is a cry-cry lk me,although my hubby says when arguing wt someone n u cry,u v been defeated or u appear to be defeated
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 4:29am On Jul 19, 2014
Well done TiffanyJ.
Church wedding or nothing. Na waoo. Linda Linda Linda how many times did I call u? Being an adult doesn't mean u know everything, I wonder why u are not relating with anyone apart from Tara to help u think in the right direction. I heard ur father in-law to be saying u might be a Gold digger now coupled with ur idea of court wedding. I hope u won't be forced into signing a prenuptial agreement which will be too bad for u. Am still waiting to see how things will unfold.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by repogirl(f): 6:58am On Jul 19, 2014
chii8: Is lk dat Linda is a cry-cry lk me,although my hubby says when arguing wt someone n u cry,u v been defeated or u appear to be defeated
lol, only a man can come up with that, I don't agree sha, we women are emotional and we cry because we feel hurt and pained..... The more emotional we feel about something /someone, the more likely we are to cry.....

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by chii8(f): 7:26am On Jul 19, 2014
Hmmm....Goodmorning op
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 9:07am On Jul 19, 2014
repogirl: Hi Tiffany j, I just went through your work here and dropped in to say well done, you're doing quite well but your work has too many errors and its making the story not flow too well..... I don't mean to be harsh o, I know the work and time that goes into writing but really you should try a bit more with the wrong spellings and wrong tenses. All in all, keep up the work!
goodmorning to you repogirl. I'm glad you went through this work, more importantly, i have to thank you so very much for pointing out my errors and your words of correction.
I will edit every piece of this work. Your criticisms are welcome. Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 9:18am On Jul 19, 2014
uzolexis:

Finally i have found you Tiffany,i fflwed ur Reluctant bride and I remember you saying you would write about Henry and Linda but after the attack,i lost the thread on NL i find u like person wey dey find husband,thank God i don catch you ....lemme seat back relax and enjoy this one. grin grin
lol. Welcome to this thread my dear
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by toykathy(f): 10:59am On Jul 19, 2014
Repogirl, its bn a while nau. Whatzup? Are u havin writer's block or somethn? I don miss u o, even though i'm a ghost reader, i luv ur work. Do write soon dear.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 11:09am On Jul 19, 2014
i wonder y Anthony is giving an ultimatum. it is left for Linda n Henry to decide what type of wedding they want.

i hopw Linda is determined enuff to stand her ground on d court wedding

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 11:33am On Jul 19, 2014
'sir?'
Linda asked her future father-in-law.
'I said both of you should explain to me why you wanted a court wedding'
Both Linda and Henry remained mute. None knew what to say.
'Dad, marriage is marriage. Be it court, church or traditional. We want to get wedded in the court. Please give us your blessings.
Henry told his father quietly. Anthony Joseph refused to hear them out. He won't be a part of it.
'Henry, if you really want to marry her in the court you go ahead and do that. I'm just not coming with you to her parents.
You can go meet them and pay her brideprice. That's it'
'Dad, why are you making this difficult?' okay, we will get married in the church. Won't we my sweetypie?'
Henry said these words with his eyes towards Linda. He knew his father won't shift ground at all.
'no, we won't
Linda said. Anthony scrutinized Linda closely. He didn't trusth her at all.
It was obvious to him at that moment that the decision of having a court marriage came from her.
'why no Linda?'
He asked her.
'I...hmm, i just prefer a court wedding to a church wedding'
Linda told Anthony quietly.
He looked from her to the little baby peacefully sleeping in her mother's arms. There was no doubt that she was Henry's.
The little girl, so much had her father and grandfather look; a typical Joseph look.
'Henry, you both are not ready to get married. Come back when you are'
Anthony said and walked up the stairs to his room. Henry scowled at Linda.
'let me tell you something, my father won't go to your father for your introduction unless we agree to do this his way.
What does it matter if we have a church wedding?'
Linda remained motionless. She refused to relent.
'then i believe there won't be any wedding. Give me my child and move on with your life'
'No Henry. She's mine'
'she's mine too. Well, guess we will meet in court'
Henry spite out. Linda began to tremble. Things are not working out to her advantage. She will never win a court case against Henry. She didn't have the influence or the money to hire a lawyer.
She bit her lower lip in frustration.
'okay Henry, i will marry you in the church'
she cried out. Linda didn't miss the satisfaction in his eyes nor his mocking laugh.
'you wait and see Henry. Gloat all you want, i will make sure you pass through hell'
He went up to call back his dad. They came downstairs.
'Linda, now that we are in agreement, i guess it's time for the introduction. Inform your parents that we will be pay them a visit next month'
'no dad, next month is far away. Why not two weeks'
Henry put in. Anthony wondered why Henry was suddenly in a haste to get married.
'Linda, where are you staying now? Please don't tell me you two are living together already'
'no sir, i'm at Tara's.'
She told him.
'oh i forgot that you managed to win Tara's confidence. That's very good of you'
'what do you mean sir?'
Anthony said nothing but he finally agreed to a date for the introduction.
They ate lunch with him and finally took their leave. Anthony swore to twart Linda's plan. The little thing was scheming something and this intrigued him.

she called her father the next day. She informed him to get ready to receive Henry and his people.
'Linda, how can you be living with a man when he is yet to pay your brideprice?'
her father asked her in misery.
'no dad, i'm not with him. I'm with his younger sister. She's my friend'
Linda quickly told him.
'Good God Linda. You have a home. Why would you choose to stay with a stranger?
You havn't come home in close to three years now'
'father, please, you will Tara she's too good and sweet'
'young lady, if you really want me happy, pack your suitcases and return home. If your so-called Henry is serious, he will do everything the right way.
You will always be my little baby and it hurts me to see him treat you like that'
'but daddy..'
'don't but me Linda James, come back home. I might not have the kind of wealth they owned but i'm fully capable of providing a roof over your head and food for your stomach.
If you really love me, you will come back home'
'okay dad. I guess you are right. It's time i return home'

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by bollyano(f): 12:20pm On Jul 19, 2014
nice story dear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 1:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
Linda went seeking for Tara. She needed to let her know that she was going back home.
It was on a wednesday evening. As she walked towards Tara and Jordan's room, she had noises.
'No Tara, i can't take this anymore'
she heard Jordan say.
'why are you giving me all the faults. You are also to blame'
Tara shouted at her husband.
'how so?'
'are you actually asking me? You allowed her come to your office after school. You give her your credit card to buy whatever she wanted with no one there to monitor her'
'oh, so giving her my credit card to shop is now wrong? I was only being a good brother-in-law to her'
Jordan spite out.
'really? Why doesn't she ask you for money when i'm around. She knew i will object!'
'Tara, shut up. I'm tired, i won't fight with you. The fact that her school principal called me to the school was so embarrassing.
Do you know that Shan got into a fight with three other students today? She even threatened her biology teacher'
Tara burst into tears.
'i don't know what to do anymore Jordan. Heaven knows i tried my best. I did all i could for her.
The more i try the more she moves far away from me. What else does she want?
She's making me feel incapable of rising a child. I've failed my mum Jordan'
'hey why are you crying, she is your sister isn't she? Well Tara, i'm done taking all these from Shan'
Linda stood there as Jordan open the door and emerged with an angry face. He didn't even look at her.
Two maids were mopping the floor. He asked them to follow him. Linda watched as Jordan pushed Shan's door.
Linda followed him into the room. Shan was in her panties and bra. She must have just had a bath.
As soon as she saw Jordan, she almost screamed as she scrambled to get something over her body.
She only succeeded in getting an oversized T-shirt over her body. Jordan's angry stare scared the hell out of her.
He had never looked at her with so much anger in his eyes.
He pointed at a maid to call Tara for him. She left and came back with a tearful Tara at her heels.
'Tara'
Jordan barked
'which one of these drawers, are Shan's underwears kept?'
He asked his wife. Tara managed to point at the first two drawers by the left.
'now, i want everything in the other drawers on the floor'
he shouted angrilly at the the maids.
'you won't do this'
shan told her brother-in-law.
'watch me Shan'
within twenty minutes, every lace, cotton, fabric, silk in the room was on the floor.
Jordan personally selected the ones he wanted and gave the rest to the maids.
'take these downstairs. I want them burned down immediately'
'no, you are not even my father'
Shan declared in tears. She glared at her sister.
'Tara, i know you instigated this. You are so impossible'
Jordan striked her twice on her cheeks.
'talk to her disrespectfully again and i will teach you a lesson. You said i'm not your father Shan?
Now listen to me, you live in my house, you eat my food, i pay your school fees and my money is what you waste to buy those rags you call clothes.
Not a kobo of these belongs to your sister. Now tell me, i'm i really your father or not?'
Shan was crying hysterically.
'I want to go to a boarding school'
she shouted. Jordan laughed bitterly,
'you are stuck with us Shan. You are going no where.
You now have two pairs of school uniforms, a pair of sandals and two pairs of socks.
Don't come to my office for anything. The four thousand naira you get every month has now been reduced to a thousand naira'
He picked the laptop he had bought for her fifteenth birthday.
'you no longer have a laptop or a phone.You will from now henceforth go to the kitchen for your cooking lessons six days in a week instead of three.
'Finally, you will write three letters of apologies. One to your school authority, another to your biology teacher and the last to your uncle Henry'
Shan ran to Linda,
'Aunty Linda please beg uncle Jordan. He has taken almost everything of importance to me'
Linda hugged Shan to her.
'Shan, you must do everything Jordan asked you to. You deserve all these'
'the next time you provoke me, i will beat the hell out of you. Be warned'
Jordan matched out of the room. No one even cared that Shan was standing in a T-shirt that wasn't even covering her pink panties.

12 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by bquin2all(f): 1:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
Na So!!!!!
Ah love d display of discipline
Gud work der

2 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 2:33pm On Jul 19, 2014
Train up a child in a way he/she should go and when they grow up they will not depart from it. I was actually thinking every body is scared of Shan. Nonsense spoilt brat, Iguana. Linda don't hesitate to tell Tara u want to leave and no body should convince u to stay, Becos u are about doing the needful. But I still think there's need for u to sit down and re-evaluate what u actually want from Henry. Do u want to marry him Becos he's the father of ur baby or Becos u still love him and can cope with his excesses or Becos u don't even know what u are doing. All these things are very keyed

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Costlybabe: 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2014
so juicy and on point,weldon tiffy

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by chii8(f): 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2014
I said it before,Shan need good 'utari',spoilt uchicha,nice move Jordan.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Komzzy1(f): 5:20pm On Jul 19, 2014
Reluctant bride is d best story i ve ever read on nairaland.i hope ds will b beta.Tiffany
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Komzzy1(f): 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
Reluctant bride is d best story i ve ever read on nairaland.i hope ds will b beta.Tiffany ;DReluctant bride is d best story i ve ever read on nairaland.i hope ds will b beta.Tiffany
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Komzzy1(f): 5:34pm On Jul 19, 2014
Choi bad belle henry
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by toykathy(f): 7:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
But where is d sweet shan? I guess too much freedom is bad for her. Shan pls change 4 better n be there 4 tara n eugene.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by bollyano(f): 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2014
Shan really need to remember where she's coming from o.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2014
Happy Sunday TiffanyJ and to everyone following this story, how has been our weekend. Trust we are doing good. Do enjoy the rest of ur Sunday

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by moseph(f): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2014
This is getting interesting.shan deserved wat she got.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2014
After seeing the state in which Tara was, Linda didn't have the heart to inform her that she was leaving.
After dealing with Shan, Jordan had angrily stormed out of the house.
Tara had wept so bitterly. She wept for their mother, she wept for Shan who had suddenly became a stranger.
Linda retired early. She couldn't sleep until the early hours of the morning.
On friday, Linda couldn't take Shan's silence anymore. She decided to pay Shan a visit. She knocked at the door before entering.
Leaving the door ajar, Linda walked to the bed. She found Shan crying.
She was sitting in the centre of the bed, her legs drawned up to her chin.
'Shan, please stop crying'
Linda said as she sat on the bed.
'get away from me. I want to be alone'
shan told her tearfully.
'no you don't. I know you Shan, this isn't you.
Can't you see that you're breaking Tara's heart?'
'No aunty Linda, i don't care'
'you care Shan. You love Tara. What happened Shan?'
'you want to know okay. It all started when i was in SS1. The kids in school laughed at me. My two brothers are prostitutes, they are womanizers.
At first i defended uncle Jordan and Henry until i saw the gossip news.
Everyone in school said i came from a family of harlots. Even my sister was already pregnant when she married and uncle Henry was busy sleeping around with ladies including you.
I counted the days and realised that my flawless sister was pregnant before her wedding. It explained how they were such in a haste to be wedded.
Shan shouted.
'Shan, that is not true'
Linda put in.
'i'm no longer twelve aunty Linda. Mother had a heart attack a day after Tara's wedding, she couldn't bear it.
I blame Tara for mother's death'
'Listen to me Shan. That wasn't what happened. I can't explain to you what really happened'
'all of you are liars. Fornicating and allowing me to be the laughing stock'
Shan has stopped crying. She stared at the door. Tara was leaning on it. Linda watched as Tara walked into the room. She must have heard everything Shan had said.
'Shan, let me explain to you what actually happened'
Tara said.
'I won't deny the fact that Jordan was a play boy. He was drunk, i was alone in Henry's and he raped me thinking i was one of his ladies friend.
I was a virgin. Henry reported the matter to daddy and we were forced into marriage. I didn't even know that i conceived'
'oh, my uncle Jordan'
Shan spite out.
'I love Jordan Shan. I'm glad he raped me, i'm glad we were forced into marriage. It gave me a chance to find love.
Jordan is a perfect husband and father. I love him Shan.
I didn't kill mum, she gave her blessings and made Jordan promised to take good care of me'
Both Tara and Shan were crying.
'was that why you suddenly became rebellious? Everyone was laughing at you?'
Tara asked her
'yes, yes and yes'
'Aunty Linda, can't you all see that my classmates never hesistate to bring the gossips to me?'
'oh Shan, why ever didn't you tell me? We were once very close. What happened?'
Tara asked her sister.
'i couldn't Ta, i was disappointed. Uncle Henry sleeps around without shame at all. I was in the mall when i heard two women talking about My two beloved uncles.
I was disgusted. Aunty, Linda, please marry my uncle Henry'
'we are getting married Shan. My introduction is coming up soon'
Linda told her.
'really? You two are getting married?'
'yea'
'i fought in school because those girls called you a prostitute Ta, they said it's in the family. Mother had you out of wedluck'
shan began crying again.
'I'm so sorry Shan.please forgive me'
Tara told Shan.
'Tara, I'm sorry i did it'
'don't be Shan'
'i did it yesterday. Uncle Jordan will kill me now. I just wanted to provoke'
Linda and Tara looked at eachother in horror.
'what did you do Shan?'
'I had sex with a boy in ss3. All my friends are doing it except me. I did it to make you angry Ta'
Shan told them in tears.
'you what?'
Linda asked.
'please don't tell either uncle Jordan or Henry. Please'

6 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by queen47: 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
Oh no! Shan! You should have talked to someone. A lot was going on with you and you bottled it all up. I just hope Shan doesn't get pregnant from this act.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2014
mikedimeji: Happy Sunday TiffanyJ and to everyone following this story, how has been our weekend. Trust we are doing good. Do enjoy the rest of ur Sunday
goodevening. How was your day?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Paradise163(f): 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
Tiffany J please hope we gonna get one more update today? tongue

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by ebysandra(f): 6:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
loving the story
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 6:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
Kai! I don't even know where to start from. Every body has their blame in this Shan matter. Can u see what the irresponsibility of some individual has caused this little girl. A lot need to be done on a growing up lady and if u know u don't have the credibility to do this then don't keep them with u. I have a cousin, very beautiful girl who is just 16yrs and she's very big (weighing 70kg) and has some aesthetic female features. I sat her down and I spoke sense to her head with love. I expected Tara to be very close to Shan telling her dos and don'ts and helping her to grow up as a lady. Be that as it may "only a fool blames people for being a failure". Shan how can u do that thinking u are getting back at some people at ur own detriment. So u have been able to confirmed to the people now that's it's actually a family thing to be promiscuous, too bad for u. With all these hullabaloos I think Linda should just tell Tara that her dad want to see her.

3 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by jaymomma(f): 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
Oh no Shan! Why did U give out your virtue so cheaply.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by jaymomma(f): 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Oh no Shan! Why did U give out your virtue so cheaply.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 7:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
This is d reason as adults we are called to b prudent n responsible cos we dont know who is watching nor dose we are 'mentoring'.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 7:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
Adolescence!! I agree wv Cheriepet and mikedimeji.. evry1 concern has a share of d blame buh d greater part blngs to Shan..Maybe she has fgtn its HER LIFE! the fact dt all her classmates are doin it doesnt mean she must do it too.. Now, having learnt the truth about Tara and Jordan, she z gonna have to live with d regret..Two wrongs neva mak a right.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (58) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.