Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

A Man To Call Her Own - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man To Call Her Own (439237 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 8:05pm On Jul 20, 2014
Shan was crying her eyes out. She wished her mum was alive. Now uncle Jordan and Henry will be so disappointed in her.
'Tara?'
She desperately called on her sister.
'Shan, Jordan is my husband and your guidian. He won't be happy if we keep this from him'
Linda realised that both Tara and Shan were confused. She has to take lead.
'Shan, did he use any protection?'
'no, he didn't'
'Tara, have you given her any sex education?'
Linda asked.
'no Linda'
'good God Tara. Why havn't you?
Now Shan. When last did you see your period?'
shan told her and together they calculated the days. Her next period will be in a fews days.
They all decided that Tara should tell Jordan. Together, they helped Shan out of her dress and into her nightie.
A knock came at the door and in came Jordan. He looked tenderly at Shan.
She burst into tears when she saw him. Jordan sensed that something was wrong. All three of the ladies were in tears.
When they were about leaving, shan called on Linda.
'Aunty Linda, may i spend the night in your room?'
'sure sweetheart'
it came with so much joy when it was discovered that Shan wasn't pregnant. But she had withdrawn into a shell.
She hardly eat or talk. She declared to everyone one the following week that she didn't want to ever returned to her school again. Jordan consented.
He too felt guilty for all that had happened. They were all to blame. He had fought with his wife when she told him she didn't give Shan any sex education.
But ofcourse he couldn't stay angry with Tara for long. They both accepted the painful truth that they had all failed Shan as Parents.
They've learnt from their mistakes. Henry had even promised to behave. They had all apologized to her.
Linda and Tara had given her sex education and she had promised to wait for the right time.
She was taken to the hospital for checkup. So far, she was clean of any sexually transmited infection.
'Shan, you can go to any school you want on one condition'
Jordan had told her quietly.
'what?'
'we need the old you back, we need you to trust us and we need to trust you'
She had ran into Jordan's arms.
'thank you uncle Jo. But i don't want to go to a rich school. I want to go to a simple school where i will read and study without seeing those rich spoilt kids'
'okay Shan'
Linda used that opportunity to announce to everyone that she was going back home. Tara tried to make her stay but she refused.
Her introduction was a week away. She had missed her daddy.
Linda smiled up at Shan who was carrying Eugene on her hips.
Henry had insisted he wanted to drive her home. She waved the Nicholas goodbye as Henry drove away.
'Linda, don't you know you are driving me crazy?'
Henry asked her.
'and you Henry, are driving me crazier'
she retorted.
'how many men did you sleep with back in kogi?'
'i can't remember'
he was angry. He drove quietly. They got to her parents house by 5pm.
'Daisy sweet. Daddy will be away for a few days. I'm gonna miss you'
He told his little girl. She looked up at him and smiled.
'Dada'
Henry nearly expire with excitement. He didn't want to ever leave them here but he knew he must.
Linda laughed out loud. Her laughter gladdened his heart.
He removed a bunch of one thousand naira notes and handed it to her. He looked in anger as Linda refused to take the money.
'women and their silly pride'
he thought in dismay.
'i'm not giving you this money Linda. It's for my child. I'm sure she will need food, diapers, clothes and the rest.
I won't sit back and watch your father feed my baby'
She reluctantly collected the money and inserted it in her handbag.
Henry kissed her slowly but firmly before removing her lugages from the boot.
'may i come in Linda?'
he asked her hopefully.
'no'
she told him. He took a long look at her and Daisy before driving away.

7 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by jaymomma(f): 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
Big sigh of relief for Shan

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by seunviju(f): 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
I was afraid @ first if shan was pregnant but thank God she is not o and back to her senses but as for henry and linda I wonder what will happen to them.keep up the good work tiffanyj

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Dorisbest(f): 8:49pm On Jul 20, 2014
Good thing dat shan is back to her senses
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
Tara try learn to be a mother and not just a wife. Thank God that Shan matter didn't go the other way round. Now Linda has done the needful. Let's now sit back and see how the whole wedding things turn out to be. Nice work TiffanyJ.

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by ebysandra(f): 9:41pm On Jul 20, 2014
welldone kip moving Tiffanyj

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Queenxstar(f): 10:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
I am sorry for reporting now, hope you forgive me.
looove this story, love the introduction and How you helped us remember each characters.
Anthony shouldn't meddle in Henry and Linda's marriage, I expect he should know better after the will. Every female is a gold digger in his eyes.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2014
Tank God Shan's problem was resolve amicably. Henry!!!
#Justlaughing

Tiffany u are doing a good job

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Hameenat94(f): 11:42pm On Jul 20, 2014
Sex education is best wen a mothere can talk 2 her daughter.... I pity Shan... Such a sweet gal.... Linda is jst killing herself... She loves Henry so does he.. Na wa oh... Tiff weldone jare

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 11:46pm On Jul 20, 2014
Cheriepet:

D best comment u have made so far on dis thread.

Tiffany weldone
r u serious or just joking
bikonu de jab me sofry sofry
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 11:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
heemah: wea z kingphilip?? cuz wen i start insultin henry nw, dnt quote me or side him...He has nt evn gt married he is finkin of extra marital affairs...Like seriously, Linda has to fasten her belts n use her brain(not her heart) in dealing wv dz so called irresponsible man...I pray for d best for her....
scratches my beard

but Linda too is strategizing so u too should not side ha o
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 12:23am On Jul 21, 2014
finally catches up
nice one Tiffany but I guess the piece is already going my way so I have nothing much to say but continue d good work

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by misspatsy(f): 12:28am On Jul 21, 2014
Hi Tiff!!I must confess u ar a veri gud writer dear.I actually read relunctant bride as a guest b4 NL had issues.great work uv got here keep it up
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by orla01(f): 6:58am On Jul 21, 2014
More grease to ur elbow TiffanyJ,u're doing grt.Do av a grt week ahead.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 21, 2014
Shan,shan,shan is back... N thank God u didnt get pregnant cos d RSKs will only conclude dat it runz in d family...

Kudos OP...U've got d zeal

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Aipete2(f): 7:29am On Jul 21, 2014
Am angry with u shan. Y are u misbehaving na. Datz vewi bad of yehu sha hmmmm. If shan z mai younger sister, ehn? I will personally beat hell out of her. Gweat jwob ma'am tiffany

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by mikedimeji(m): 8:45am On Jul 21, 2014
Aipete2: Am angry with u shan. Y are u misbehaving na. Datz vewi bad of yehu sha hmmmm. If shan z mai younger sister, ehn? I will personally beat hell out of her. Gweat jwob ma'am tiffany
Beat ke? When a sis had fail to do the needful by being a mother and teaching her what she needs to know, the dos and don'ts. U can see how Jo wasn't happy with Tara Becos she has failed in her responsibility toward Shan
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by chii8(f): 10:05am On Jul 21, 2014
Nice wrk,am enjoyn every bit of it,but how will the introduction take place? when Henry is yet to familiarize with Linda's family.
And Shan,stop ooo,a bird that calls herself a butterfly......
Its also very difficuilt for a girl from decent background to lose tangle with the first man she slept with,the thing used to stick to the brain.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
weaz Tiffany oooo
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 3:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
Linda sadly watched as Henry drove away. She turned towards the house. It was painted in texcote cream.
She had grown up here. Her parents were both civil servant.
She knocked on the gate and a man she has never seen in her life opened it up.
'can i help you?'
he asked.
'yeah, i'm Linda James. This house belongs to my parents'
The security man let her in. She walked into the house and into the sitting room.
Her father came to welcome her.
'welcome home Linda'
He engulfed her in a hug. He had missed her so much.
'Daddy, how are you faring?'
'i'm fine thank you. He looked intently at Daisy.
'she's beautiful Linda. I'm proud of you my dear. Thanks for coming backing'
'i'm so relieve to see you well'
'why ever didn't you call me to come pick you up from the park?'
'Henry drove me here'
'and he didn't care to come in?'
'i stopped him from entering. Don't ask me why, cause i don't know'
Her father didn't say another word.
'where is mother?'
'she went out to get somethings'
Linda looked around. The house has been renovated. The flat has four bedroom. One for the parents, the second for Linda, the third for Josh and the fourth was for visitors.
She entered ther room. It was exactly as she had left it. She had left Daisy at the sitting room.
She began cleaning, sweeping and unpacking her suitcases.
'i'm home'
she shouted.

her mother had been nice. Infact extremly nice. Afterall, her daughter was getting married- not to any man but to Henry Joseph.
Linda realised that her mother never cared if she married for love or not. All she cared about was the tie that will be created between the two families and the fact that she can brag to her friends and neigbours that her daughter had caught a big fish.
She played the role of perfect daughter and mother. There had never been a maid in her parents house. They always did their work.
As the day to the introduction came near, Linda and her mother began making preparations.
Her mother made the decisions while Linda follows. She knew her mother won't tolerate antagonism.
Her father provided money for the meal. Linda tried helping out but he wouldn't hear of it.
Joshua came home a day before the introduction. He was glad Linda is finally getting married.
'Linda, are you really sure you want to marry that scoundrel of a man?'
her twenty eight year old brother asked her. He was a navy and had came to witness her introduction.
'i'm sure Josh'
then as you wish.
she had woken up early. Helped her mother in the kitchen and had went up to her room for a bath.
Linda heard cars entering the house through the gate.
She was in her towel but she couldn't help but to run to the window for a glimps of Henry.
She saw him alight from the car. She supressed a sigh. He was dressed immaculately in a black suit and blue shirt. He was so handsome .
She reluctantly turned her gaze to his father and the four elderly men with them.
This must be his uncles. Anthony was an only child. These men might me Henry's great uncles.
She watched as her father, her brother and her uncles came out to welcome the visitors.
Daisy was with Joshua. Henry didn't hesitate to retrieve her.
She watched them enter the house before quickly getting dressed. She picked a long gown. It was red in colour and has been specially sewn for the day.
The gown clung to her bossom and her hips. A black sandals went with it. Her make-up was light.
She was satisfied with the Linda she saw in the mirror.
Her mother came in to call her. She had never knocked on Linda's door. She never saw a reason to.
Linda emerged from her room. She went on her knees and greeted everyone. She glance towards Henry and he smiled.
'down'
she heard Daisy say. Henry let go of her and she ran to her mother. Linda didn't hesitate, picked up her little girl with a smile.
'Linda, Do you know why these people are here?'
her father asked her

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
what sort of question is that?
BTW in envisaging a great home built by both after initial hiccups
Tiffany dear hope u r coming up with another soonest
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
You're doing a great job tiffany....
Am soooo loving the suspense.......
More power to your elbow!
Shout-out to all the "AMTCHO"(A man to call her own" family members....

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by chii8(f): 3:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
Be rit back

which kin ajuju be dat?abeg ooo,op i tink u r flawless

1 Like

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2014
kingphilip: what sort of question is that?
grin mr phillip, that's a rhetorical question...
African parents(fathers) have no idea how awkward that question is to the "to-be bride"(daughter).
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
chii8: Be rit back

which kin ajuju be dat?abeg ooo,op i tink u r flawless
grin nwanyi OP is good!
That's the exact question every parent of the old would ask his daughter @the initials of her introduction.
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
LyndaRoyce:
grin mr phillip, that's a rhetorical question...
African parents(fathers) have no idea how awkward that question is to the "to-be bride"(daughter).
don't tell me u were asked the same thing

or you'll b asked the same question
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by edwife(f): 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
Tiff that's a good one!

As for the question,every lady get the same question cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by TiffanyJ(f): 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
She looked from her father to her future father-in-law and then to Henry.
Linda remained quite. Afterall, it was an already known fact. Wasn't that why they were all gathered?
Her father asked her the same question again.
'Henry is here to introduce himself and his family to you. He would want to ask for my hands in marriage'
Linda answered. Anthony cleared his throat.
'Linda, you are right. But we are also here to pay your brideprice'
Linda looked at Henry. He was smiling like a fool.
'do you wish to marry mr Joseph?'
her father asked.
'yes father'
she replied. Her father turned to Henry.
'mr Henry'
'sir'
Henry went on his feet.
'why are you in such a hurry. I was thinking the brideprice would be paid maybe in two weeks time?'
Her father asked.
'mr James, we are not in a haste at all. Linda should be eager to marry my son'
'what do you mean?my daughter is not worthy of your son?'
'isn't it obvious?'
Anthony answered
'your rake of a son ruined my daughter. I demand he apologize to me'
'Your so innocent daughter had been shamelessly following my son's every footstep out of her own free will. Why should we apologize?
Be grateful we are here'
Anthony Joseph announced.
'In that case, go back to where you are coming from with your brideprice until you learn to respect my daughter'
'are you bluffing?'
Anthony asked in shocked.
'we are not desperate mr Joseph'
Linda stared in horror as a fight erupted. Her father had been angry with Henry. Henry went to Linda.
'please, if you will excuse us, we want to talk privately for a few minutes'
No one even heard him. Joshua saw the anger in Henry's eyes. Linda kept Daisy on the rogue and led Henry to her room.
'Linda, these two old men really do wish for us not to get married'
'you father is the problem. Do you think i'm desperate to be your wife?'
Linda told him coldly.
'Linda, please tell your father to accept the money'
'no Henry. Your father just created a picture of a desperate me.
I'd advice you to do what my father said. Go back home'
Henry glared at Linda with fury. Damn, he wanted her, he wanted her so much. He suddenly walked up to her and captured her lips with his.
He felt her shuddered in pleasure. She welcomed his lips and gave herselve to him in complete abandon.
'Linda, please marry me. I think i will go insane if i don't make you completely mine'
Henry murmured. God! He is loosing it. He cupped her right bossom with his hands. She shamelessly moaned.
None of them heard when the door came open. The intruder coughed loudly.
'Linda?'
Joshua stared at his sister. He had seen her wantonly offer herself to this man. Does she love him that much?
Joshua asked himself.
'my decision stands'
Linda said. Joshua watched as the lust in Henry's eyes changed to anger.
'can't you see, you are the only woman i want to marry.
Okay Linda, i will apologize to your father . Are you happy now?'
'okay'
she replied. Joshua watched all these in facination. It dawned on him that they had forgotten he was there.
He watched as Henry turned her to him and kissed her as if his life depended on it. Joshua at that moment, approved of the wedding.
He coughed loudly again. Henry managed to released Linda.
'Linda, the two of you are needed downstairs'
He said. His sister quickly introduced them and three of them walked to the sitting room.
Daisy was sleeping on the couch.
'we both want to get married but all of you here are making it difficult. Sir, i'm sorry for everything. I have trully ruined your daughter.
Please accept my brideprice'
Henry told them. He was holding firmly until Linda's wrist. Anthony stared at his son. This marriage must really be important to him.
'dad, please accept the money'
Linda told her father. James saw how his daughter had been looking at Henry with love shining in her eyes.
Linda was sent to her room. Joshua came in thirty minutes later.
'you really do love him?'
'yes Josh. But i'm not sure if i really want to marry him'
'you have two weeks to decide. Your brideprice will be paid at that time'
Linda was scared she will jump on Henry. She didn't go out to say her goodbyes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by seunviju(f): 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
That Anthony of a man hasn't change @ all.Linda should better find a way on how to make Henry understands how to treat her but not with arrongance and pride of his,shioooor.well done Tiffany

2 Likes

Re: A Man To Call Her Own by kingphilip(m): 11:15pm On Jul 21, 2014
hmmmmmmmm na wow o
na by force make that guy even talk self?
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by Cheriepet: 12:35am On Jul 22, 2014
kingphilip: hmmmmmmmm na wow o
na by force make that guy even talk self?

hmmmmm... are u sure u are not drunk? dis new u is amazingcheesy
Re: A Man To Call Her Own by heemah(f): 12:41am On Jul 22, 2014
wats wv Pa Anthony and dz gold digging of a thing?? he finks evry woman dating his family members is afta dia wealth...*smh* tot he has learnt his lessons tho

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (58) (Reply)

SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil / NYSC: PPA:- Place Of Promiscuous Assignment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.