Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) - Politics (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (230825 Views)

Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) / Ex-gen Calls For Documentation Of Nigerian Army’s Campaign Th / Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by agaugust: 7:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
Truckpusher: Khaki boy, we are in a democratic govt. and everyone has equal right to speak their mind.
If you don't like his utterances grab a grenade and pluck those ears off.

You are one of those that our Nigerian people's prayers will reduce to ground zero.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by olapluto(m): 11:07pm On Sep 07, 2014
I am not a military strategist, but it does looks like Shekau will make a big blunder soon that will give NA the opportunity to deal severe blows to him. What I fear however, is that NA may not be ready or smart enough to make maximum impact.
Maiduguri will be invaded by BH. That is set in sand I guess. With much of Konduga taken, and likely confidence gained by BH, I think they will dare to march on to Maiduguri.
That is where BH will hand over the battle on a platter to NA. As it is now, Maiduguri is surrounded, anyone with a map can see for themselves. This may turn out to be a very very brilliant tactic by NA, considering BH now seem to throw caution into the winds.
BH will bring the bests of its fighters to Maiduguri, and they should be picked one by one by our special forces. There is a particular notorius guy I've seen on two videos released by BH. He is in control of the guns on the technicals and seems to lead the frontline for BH. This is where we need snipers to do their jobs properly.
BH seems to attack by first sending in a decoy of few weak figthers to test the ground, then mount a big counter offensive. I will pray our army commanders know this and keep their calm after the first wave of attacks. No need using all your ammo on 50 fighters when 600 are lurking behind.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by BlackTechnology: 11:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
olapluto: I am not a military strategist, but it does looks like Shekau will make a big blunder soon that will give NA the opportunity to deal severe blows to him. What I fear however, is that NA may not be ready or smart enough to make maximum impact.
Maiduguri will be invaded by BH. That is set in sand I guess. With much of Konduga taken, and likely confidence gained by BH, I think they will dare to march on to Maiduguri.
That is where BH will hand over the battle on a platter to NA. As it is now, Maiduguri is surrounded, anyone with a map can see for themselves. This may turn out to be a very very brilliant tactic by NA, considering BH now seem to throw caution into the winds.
BH will bring the bests of its fighters to Maiduguri, and they should be picked one by one by our special forces. There is a particular notorius guy I've seen on two videos released by BH. He is in control of the guns on the technicals and seems to lead the frontline for BH. This is where we need snipers to do their jobs properly.
BH seems to attack by first sending in a decoy of few weak figthers to test the ground, then mount a big counter offensive. I will pray our army commanders know this and keep their calm after the first wave of attacks. No need using all your ammo on 50 fighters when 600 are lurking behind.

To add to your idea

Remote controlled bombs and secret cameras should be placed between 300-1000 metres from the first line of defence to demobilize those 600 fighters lurking behind. This should be repeated for each line of defence to make sure BH bleed for each ground they capture

This will demoralize those 50 BHs when do not see those behind them supporting them

Guy you are smart to have thought out what I have being thinking

Mama Nkechi give him akpu oha soup and 5 bottles of malt with 5 meats and fishes

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Truckpusher(m): 6:13am On Sep 08, 2014
agaugust:

You are one of those that our Nigerian people's prayers will reduce to ground zero.
They'll reduce you and your household to ashes and burn down anything left of your lineage.

He has a right to ask questions and hold a different view and you're the enemy here.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by celeron40(m): 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
olapluto: I am not a military strategist, but it does looks like Shekau will make a big blunder soon that will give NA the opportunity to deal severe blows to him. What I fear however, is that NA may not be ready or smart enough to make maximum impact.
I totally concur...Maiduguri WILL be invaded...time is just the deciding factor...This is time for the NAF to get things right...if the Insurgents successfully capture maiduguri, The War is LOST...They will dig in, file out and turn Maiduguri into a fortress...If that happens, we might have to turn to the U.S for the "ISIS treatment"....Strategic drone strikes agains insurgent infrastructure...till we get our Tucanos and Mil-35s in significant quantity. Right now, our best option is to bring in P.M.Cs..
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by olapluto(m): 9:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
celeron40: I totally concur...Maiduguri WILL be invaded...time is just the deciding factor...This is time for the NAF to get things right...if the Insurgents successfully capture maiduguri, The War is LOST...They will dig in, file out and turn Maiduguri into a fortress...If that happens, we might have to turn to the U.S for the "ISIS treatment"....Strategic drone strikes agains insurgent infrastructure...till we get our Tucanos and Mil-35s in significant quantity. Right now, our best option is to bring in P.M.Cs..
It still marvels me how this BH thing got out of hand so much. With many many billions being spent on the war, we still seem to be losing!
As per Maiduguri, I think it will be hard to capture Maiduguri. But I have a feeling that a higher force is holding back NA. They are retreating, and this is certainly an instruction.
Maybe the president has conceded to BH, or the president is helping USA achieve its 2015 prediction.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 9:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
Obasanjo's son shot....how true

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/09/08/
obasanjos-son-shot-in-mubi-by-boko-haram/

http:///1Ar8tM4
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Zuria(f): 10:19pm On Sep 08, 2014
SiriusBlack: Hey Guys, I am hale and hearty...Keep praying for your fighting men...as you all know, I can no longer post photos or comment about happenings at the front..But I can say this..Morale is high..we are all thirsty for vengeance and blood..Right now, this is between the sons of God and Forces of Darkness..just don't believe the lies SR is putting out..Victory is assured..Its Showdown time.

May you live in the Glory of His Grace...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by MrRoYCe(m): 10:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by agaugust: 1:15am On Sep 09, 2014
Truckpusher: They'll reduce you and your household to ashes and burn down anything left of your lineage.

He has a right to ask questions and hold a different view and you're the enemy here.

May all your words above backfire by fire to you the sender 1,000 fold in Jesus' name amen !

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by EdCure: 1:54am On Sep 09, 2014
The waving of our flag is not blown by the wind, but by the last breath of every patriot who died to keep it flying.

God bless our patriotic army.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 12:41pm On Sep 09, 2014
Nigeria’s war against Boko Haram: Between the propagander and the propagandists

During World War Two, the British Army was very secretive about how things were going at the front. Of course, that was because things were going very badly for them initially and going by the kinds of defeat they encountered at the Battle of Dunkirk where they would have been driven into the sea but for the unexplainable German decision to halt their advance. With the history of aristocracy and secrecy that characterized Europeans, the manner in which the war was reported swung from two extremes. And it was not until the Americans, with their more history of openness, got involved that balance came into crafting the narrative of the war. The European reportage were of two types and they were both propaganda. First was the Lord Haw Haw type of broadcasts. These were radio broadcasts from within Germany by British citizens who were German supporters. The most famous of the Lord Haw Haws was William Joyce. They reported news of British defeats with glee and exaggerated losses suffered by the British army in the war. But because the British government actively hid information about how the army was faring from its citizens, the citizens listened intently to the Lord Haw Haw broadcasts. This was in spite of public knowledge of the exaggerations by the broadcasters. It was simply the only way available for the citizens to get news on their friends and family who were at the war-front. The second type of reportage that Europeans gave of the WW2 in the early days were the Joseph Goebbels propagandist types. Goebbels was the Nazi Minister of Propaganda and his ministry did the opposite of what the British did. Rather than starving Germans of news of the war, Goebbels kept a steady stream of information flowing. But much of the information was disconnected from the realities on the front. German losses were never reported. The people continued to believe in German invincibility even as the Allies tuned the tide and drove the German army back. As late as 1944, German citizens still believed they were winning the war when the reality was totally different. Clearly, propaganda is important in warfare. But wars are never won solely on great propaganda. And in reporting this war in Nigeria, there are two extremes that have come to dominate public discourse. This is precipitated by the general distrust that the Nigerian people have for any communication coming directly from the government. So we have those who report and exaggerate reports of Boko Haram victories and their strength. Many times, like the Lord Haw Haws, they have knowledge of what is going on at the front and therefore add these to their exaggerations which make it sound credible. But the tone of their messages almost sound like they are rejoicing at the victories of the insurgents. But the second group are not any better. Rather than take the real feedback from soldiers and those at the front on Boko Haram victories and territory gains, in order to understand the strength and strategies of their opponents, they refuse all such reports. Like Goebbels, their stance is that any negative news about the army’s performance in the North East is equated to non-support of the army. They see such reports as an attack on their Fuhrer, President Goodluck Jonathan, and attack such reports as such. And like the Germans, they require us to keep believing that we are winning in spite of reports to the contrary, with people dying and territory in control of the insurgents. Propaganda alone, I repeat, does not win wars. Balance, is what we need. We need the Haw Haws to realize that we are all Nigerians and that defeat of our military in the North East that they all ululate about affects us all. Their glee at reporting bad news dishonours the brave soldiers who lose their lives defending us. The Haw Haws of yesteryears ended up on the executioner’s block. The Goebbels too would do well to realize that their propaganda insults our collective intelligence and dishonours the soldiers who lose their lives defending us. Our media needs to step up to plate. The most credible and balanced sources of news I have for what is going on in the North East are Cameroonian. I don’t think the Cameroonian press have better conditions than our media so we can at least perform at their level and provide credible and balanced reports that are both patriotic and reflect reality at the same time. As of now, we need to defeat Boko Haram militarily and reclaim our territory. All efforts and resources must not be spared to achieve this. However, when this is achieved, we need a thorough review of the structure of our military, from the funding, the procurements, the command structure, the coordination between the different forces, and the battle readiness of our men. The most important job of our armed forces is to protect our territorial integrity. We have lost territory in the North East, which is a military setback. Politicians must take a chill from politicking and 2015 fixation to realize that nothing is more important than reclaiming this territory back and securing it. And then making sure our military is able to ensure that this never happens again.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
The post above says it all. We either be objective in this fight or we all drown.

Let us come together!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by realnas(m): 6:16pm On Sep 09, 2014
Zuria:

May you live in the Glory of His Grace...
good evening fellas another mi 35m has landed courtesy of beegeagles blog here's d link http://beegeagle./2014/09/09/nigerian-air-force-begin-taking-delivery-of-state-of-the-art-mi35m-helicopters-pt-ii-absolute-world-exclusive-photos/ check it out 4 urselves

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Krak(m): 6:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
realnas: good evening fellas another mi 35m has landed courtesy of beegeagles blog here's d link http://beegeagle./2014/09/09/nigerian-air-force-begin-taking-delivery-of-state-of-the-art-mi35m-helicopters-pt-ii-absolute-world-exclusive-photos/ check it out 4 urselves

Good news.

But we need results.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 7:26pm On Sep 09, 2014
Krak:

Good news.

But we need results.

Great news

We need those Super Tocano as well
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by kwanKwasiyya(m): 10:46pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ibnsultan: Abuja is not ready to END bokoharam. Lots of folks are getting RICH while our soldiers are Getting KILLED. . In war the blood of the people is transformed into cash in the hands of military contractors."Mahatma Ghandi
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 9:23am On Sep 10, 2014
\
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 9:27am On Sep 10, 2014
realnas: good evening fellas another mi 35m has landed courtesy of beegeagles blog here's d link http://beegeagle./2014/09/09/nigerian-air-force-begin-taking-delivery-of-state-of-the-art-mi35m-helicopters-pt-ii-absolute-world-exclusive-photos/ check it out 4 urselves
their might be more attack helics that came in, but from this pix, its the same as the first pix posted earliar by beegeagle, see the standing position of people around it, it cant be the same for two helics and we all know ilyushin IL-76 can't carry more than one MI-35M at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2014
SiriusBlack: Hey Guys, I am hale and hearty...Keep praying for your fighting men...as you all know, I can no longer post photos or comment about happenings at the front..But I can say this..Morale is high..we are all thirsty for vengeance and blood..Right now, this is between the sons of God and Forces of Darkness..just don't believe the lies SR is putting out..Victory is assured..Its Showdown time.

Very Good news pls send them to the gate of Hell

Bt pls sirius even if you dont post pix pls give us few updates cos since u left we rely on inaccurate reports from the media nd some BH sympathisers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 8:08pm On Sep 10, 2014
http://
dailypost.ng/2014/09/09/nigerian-army-
desert-adawawa-town-boko-haram-watch/
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 10:48am On Sep 11, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by celeron40(m): 1:23pm On Sep 11, 2014
femikay149:

Bt pls sirius even if you dont post pix pls give us few updates cos since u left we rely on inaccurate reports from the media nd some BH sympathisers
The dude is gone for GOOD...the best thing we can to for him is to let him be...are we going to get him court-martialed becaus we enjoy his photos? If we want him back, let's take to twitter and bombard Olukolade's DHQ handle...demanding that the thread continues.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by jteku(m): 6:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
This trend is dead......
@sirusblack we need CPR
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
Hisvoice
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by bidexiii: 11:55am On Sep 16, 2014
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by celeron40(m): 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2014
bidexiii: Breaking news ;http://trends.ng/breaking-news-nigerian-army-sentenced-12-soldiers-death-mutiny/
Unfortunate but necessary....A message has been sent though...irresponsible orders will have consequences..the Snr Officers should take note..am really sorry for those peeps...but we are at War...the last thing we need is an implosion.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by komekn(m): 6:09pm On Sep 16, 2014
femikay149:

Who’s a Boko sympathiser give me some context and definition, as I have found any critical comment is often considered to be unpatriotic and therefore subversive by some on this forum and not just the obvious political cheer leaders.

We have so politicised the issue of Boko haram the nation seems to have lost its soul, thousands have become destitute because of Boko and all some people want to talk about is TAN its perverse. We have now almost forgot about the Chibok girls over 4 months in captivity and not a word.

We deny our failings and over hype our successes and in the process enthrone mediocrity, I take the view, From failure we can plot our success, if we deny our failing we remain Failed.

Our military assets are unfit for purpose its no longer in dispute its SHOCKING and we wonder why our casualty rate is so high, desertion on the increase, tactical retreats into Cameroon, etc , etc. Finally we deny the obvious we now do not know how much territory Boko have now claimed for over a month. Are these towns in our control Bama, Gwoza, Madagali, etc I really don’t know because in these matters governments across the world are known to lie the Nigerian government is not any better, there’s too much misinformation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by komekn(m): 6:12pm On Sep 16, 2014
I dont know if this is an option , but i would like to ( infact will explore this option) of buying military hard ware to distribute directly to our troops, specifically Siruisblacks unit using $ from donation sought from well meaning Nigerians.

its the least we can do, suggestions guys.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by femikay149(m): 10:50pm On Sep 16, 2014
komekn:

Who’s a Boko sympathiser give me some context and definition, as I have found any critical comment is often considered to be unpatriotic and therefore subversive by some on this forum and not just the obvious political cheer leaders.

We have so politicised the issue of Boko haram the nation seems to have lost its soul, thousands have become destitute because of Boko and all some people want to talk about is TAN its perverse. We have now almost forgot about the Chibok girls over 4 months in captivity and not a word.

We deny our failings and over hype our successes and in the process enthrone mediocrity, I take the view, From failure we can plot our success, if we deny our failing we remain Failed.

Our military assets are unfit for purpose its no longer in dispute its SHOCKING and we wonder why our casualty rate is so high, desertion on the increase, tactical retreats into Cameroon, etc , etc. Finally we deny the obvious we now do not know how much territory Boko have now claimed for over a month. Are these towns in our control Bama, Gwoza, Madagali, etc I really don’t know because in these matters governments across the world are known to lie the Nigerian government is not any better, there’s too much misinformation.
Re: Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) by persius555(m): 9:42am On Sep 17, 2014
At the moment, we are not sure of the numeber of towns the army is in control of. BH seems to be carrying out random surgical attacks all over. Its obvious, they are trying to strech the army with this bee-like ubiquitose attacks. Two things i suspect and observe is that, it is obvious that BH is aware of the number and strength of the NA men presently in the warzone. The recent attempted ambush of the NA in okene was an attempt to stop further deployment of more soldiers to maiduguri, knowing fully well that an upsurp in the numer of troops at the war zone will sway in favor of NA. BH's ultimate plan is to capture maiduguri, forcefully conscript able bodied men in their thousands and launch full scale attack on the north. NA, ABEG......ACT FAST!!!!!!!! DEPLOY THOUSANDS OF TROOP

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (73) (Reply)

Governorship Election Results 2019 From Polling Units Across States (unofficial) / Anambra Governorship Election 2017 Results - Live Updates (Unofficial) / Osun Governorship Election 2018: Live Updates, Results Monitoring And Reporting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.