Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Can You Transform Your Short Stories Into Audio Dramas In 15 Minutes Or Less? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Can You Transform Your Short Stories Into Audio Dramas In 15 Minutes Or Less? (643 Views)

E. Fantasy(short Stories) / What To Do About Short Stories...... / My Short Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Transform Your Short Stories Into Audio Dramas In 15 Minutes Or Less? by funkygal: 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
My fellow Nairalanders

I need your inputs!

I was hanging out with my cousin this evening and discussing a new platform that is coming on board for storytellers. Basically, the platform will allow anyone that writes short stories and can transform them to an audio drama to upload it to the site and share with everyone

The platform is expected to launch in September and will run a monthly competition for 12 months. At the end of each month, the storyteller with the highest number of listens will win some sort of monetary prize.

I need your inputs on the suggested monetary prize. He says they can either pay per listen or a lump sum. What do you guys think and why?

Thanks.
Re: Can You Transform Your Short Stories Into Audio Dramas In 15 Minutes Or Less? by noble4d(m): 11:48am On Jul 07, 2014
lts an innovation of Fm plays....back in the days I do plays on radio station specifically, freedom fM Kaduna. it was an experience that'll stay glue to my heart forever. the sweetest part of it is that, two actors can act a play.....yes for real....transforming your plays into an audio device..is much easier . ..you take your time to act with no fear of mistakes

The platform you mentioned above is a good one... and I advice you to go for it with an optimal intention.....as for the payment.... it depends on your choice..... but as for me, I'll definitely go for pay per listen.... so as to avoid story fever.

1 Like

Re: Can You Transform Your Short Stories Into Audio Dramas In 15 Minutes Or Less? by EagleScribes: 1:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
It's a very good idea. Go for it dear. There's no harm in trying. But for you to have great results, you will need a seasoned director and production manager to polish and package it well for you.

You can start with the pay per listen as you're just starting. When you become established, you can then go into lump sums with terms and agreements.

You may holla at me if you need help. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Can You Transform Your Short Stories Into Audio Dramas In 15 Minutes Or Less? by funkygal: 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
@EagleScribes and @noble4d thanks so much for your comments and great inputs, very much appreciated.

Calling other nairalanders to kindly give your inputs. We appreciate!!

(1) (Reply)

Some Of The Best Quotes In The World ... Add Yours / What You Think Is Childish Is What Your Girl Need To Hear / If "You" Were "Me"...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.