Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,905 members, 7,810,488 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! (2727 Views)

7 Things To Consider Before Taking Up That Job / My Experience Today As An Applicant. / Be Brave And Quit That Job Now.....a Personal Story!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by rodeo0070(m): 2:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
Unemployment is everywhere, they say.

Jobs are not available, they cry.

People only hire people they know, they lament.

We didn't stand a chance, they chorus.

Well here’s my reply to you, dear applicant.

Dear Applicant,

You applied for a job and I called you for a phone interview but you never picked up your phone and you never called back. Did you think I was a stalker or your little nephew asking for money again?

I don’t think you really wanted that job!

Dear Applicant,

I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email arrived with a cover letter in the body of the mail. I was really impressed and could not wait to view your CV. There was only one problem. You forgot to attach the CV.

I did the unthinkable… I replied your email asking you to attach your CV and you did not reply me until the next day, without an apology. In any case, it was already too late.

Dear Applicant,

I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email arrived with an attachment but no subject nor message. All I saw in the body of the email was

‘Sent from my Blackberry Smartphone’

Dear Applicant,

I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email arrived forwarded from the last place you sent it to. And PS, there was no attachment.

Dear Applicant,

I advertised for a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email came in with a short cover letter telling me how qualified you were for the role. You said your CV would convince me beyond all reasonable doubt that you were the one for the position. I opened your CV expecting soo much…. and I didn’t find one word that qualified you as right for the position. I even used Ctrl F to search for the keyword in the role and came up blank.

Dear Applicant,

You were invited for an interview and you arrived slightly late but in good time. I interviewed you and to be frank, you were OK. The only problem was…. You were dressed in a micro mini skirt and had huge false eyelashes.

In my humble opinion, I don’t think you really wanted that job!

I really would love to take a stab at reducing unemployment but job seekers make it so difficult for anyone to help them. And so this is me venting and pleading…..

Prove to me that you really want that job!

Signed,

Hiring Manager.

CULLED FROM: http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140706150420-191617476-dear-applicant-i-don-t-think-you-really-wanted-that-job?trk=eml-ced-b-art-M-0-9010094450237997527&midToken=AQGx24yojxg5qA&fromEmail=fromEmail&ut=0NTRefX-hXfCk1

7 Likes

Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by McWhillion(m): 3:00pm On Jul 07, 2014
Very thoughtful bro
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by rodeo0070(m): 3:11pm On Jul 07, 2014
McWhillion: Very thoughtful bro
wink
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Onlinebizexpert(m): 3:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
interested in online importation.........quote me
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Anyi3(m): 3:14pm On Jul 07, 2014
True words mehn...
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Vstuffs(m): 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
Nice one!!
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by benny4wax(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2014
a very insightful post....kudos
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by jossy1luv(f): 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
You just listed most of the bitter truth all applicant should adhere to........unemployment
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by lepasharon(f): 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lmaooo.. grin
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Ishilove: 6:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lol. The post mentions some of the mistakes applicants make in while drafting their CVs, in their applications and job interviews. Not all prolonged joblessness is caused by the 'Gandalf' of your father's village.tongue Simple mistakes like the ones mentioned in the op might cost some us that dream job.

Mods fp please. Seun, mukina2, mynd44 pls do the needful
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Acedude: 6:57pm On Jul 07, 2014
Wonderful post..quite insightful!
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by rodeo0070(m): 7:10pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ishilove: Lol. The post mentions some of the mistakes applicants make in while drafting their CVs, in their applications and job interviews. Not all prolonged joblessness is caused by the 'Gandalf' of your father's village.tongue Simple mistakes like the ones mentioned in the op might cause some us that dream job.

Mods fp please. Seun, mukina2, mynd44 pls do the needful
Lol @ "Gandalf" of your father's village...
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by tolu4you: 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
Having a rethink.........
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
Awesome thread lol! Front page!
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
Will you STFU!
Dear Mr HR,
Courtesy demands you tell people whether they were successful or not in your last test/interview. But what do they get, . . . Silence. . . Very unprofessional.
Grow a new heart, cos most of you are heartless,
Learn to leave people better than you met them cos Rome wasn't built in a day.
Thank you for your co operation.

7 Likes

Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by chymystique(f): 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
Mr. Rodeo007, u r really a good researcher.. This is food for thought for we in the labour/favour market.. I jst got educated on some mistakes I didn't know oo.. Thumbs up
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by vicadex07(m): 7:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
Onlinebizexpert: interested in online importation.........quote me
ok
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Isiterere(m): 8:06pm On Jul 07, 2014
omg !!! Very small but mighty kind of mistakes
Very thin line between unemployed and employed
ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by qstar(m): 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
in case of necessity
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by brainzdh(m): 9:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
What a bitter pill to swallow, these are common mistakes most job applicants make.
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by snadguy007(m): 10:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
chidyhels: Will you STFU!
Dear Mr HR,
Courtesy demands you tell people whether they were successful or not in your last test/interview. But what do they get, . . . Silence. . . Very unprofessional.
Grow a new heart, cos most of you are heartless,
Learn to leave people better than you met them cos Rome wasn't built in a day.
Thank you for your co operation.

See vexing grin grin
Calm down madam
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by snadguy007(m): 10:24pm On Jul 07, 2014
rodeo0070:

I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email arrived forwarded from the last place you sent it to. And PS, there was no attachment.

I once made this kind of mistake.
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 07, 2014
snadguy007:

See vexing grin grin
Calm down madam
They only talk about what the applicant didn't do right forgetting they don't even know what their job is in the first place. Its high time people start telling them their own weaknesses.
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by snadguy007(m): 10:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
chidyhels: They only talk about what the applicant didn't do right forgetting they don't even know what their job is in the first place. Its high time people start telling them their own weaknesses.
Yeah, i get ur point. Its annoying and frustruating wen one sits for a test and doesnt hear anytin afterwards and i think its common among those recruiting companies. I hope they will learn how to do things right sha
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by heir01(m): 10:54pm On Jul 07, 2014
nice one. hope we'll correct these flaws
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by rodeo0070(m): 9:54am On Jul 08, 2014
chymystique: Mr. Rodeo007, u r really a good researcher.. This is food for thought for we in the labour/favour market.. I jst got educated on some mistakes I didn't know oo.. Thumbs up
Thanks... wink
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by maapa: 10:05am On Jul 08, 2014
SMALL SCALE B.I.T.T.E.R -- K.O.L.A -- E.X.P.O.R.T -- BUSINESS YOU CAN DO AT YOUR OWN COMFORT
WITH LITTLE START UP CAPITAL AND GUARANTEE 100% IN RETURN

HINTS :

***The current international price of bittter cola is $20 per kg.

WHY WE ARE REVEALING THIS SECRET

To enable Nigerians live their God-ordained lives.
To reduce the rate of poverty in the society.
To show the hidden goldmine in biter cola business.
To create a lasting wealth for the people.
To reduce crime in the society.

ADVANTAGES OF THIS BUSINESS OVER OTHER EXPORT BUSINESSES

It is highly lucrative.
Low start-up business capital.
It is an all-round-the-year business.
Biter cola/ ginger can be exported many times within a month.
It does not require export license like other export bis.

WHAT ITS USED FOR :

it is highly medicinal .
it is essential ingredents needed in food and drinks industries.
it is also needed in pharmaceutical firms.
it serve as herbal remedies and dietary suppliments for illness.

Anyone including; workers, students, lecturers, bankers, housewives, corpers, teachers, civil servants, illiterates and so on can do it. It doesn’t matter whether you are employed or unemployed. What you have here is an opportunity to make use of change.

You can begin to trade the biter cola locally and international,infact i will advice you to trade intl for lots of profits

For full details Visit or Call
Visit : www export-bitter-kola. com
Call : 0.8.0.3.9.4.5.4.6.7.5
or 0.8.0.5.8.4.9.9.9.0.4

Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by alienware(m): 10:20am On Jul 08, 2014
There are no jobs in Nigeria... 20k wrote the army recruitment exam in calabar last week saturday, while lagos had 43,523k...
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Oxone(m): 11:56am On Jul 08, 2014
alienware: There are no jobs in Nigeria... 20k wrote the army recruitment exam in calabar last week saturday, while lagos had 43,523k...

Keep telling yourself that while others improve themselves to fill in the positions available

1 Like

Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by webincomeplus(m): 12:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
Oxone:

Keep telling yourself that while others improve themselves to fill in the positions available

Spot on. Many job seekers use such pessimist statements as excuse for inaction and mediocrity. Yet, their colleagues are getting the so called jobs even without connections or outstanding grades.
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by chuxyz(m): 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
Dear recruiter, i applied for your opening via your email with my CV and cover letter. I pass your tests and interview after which I waited for ages but didn't get any response from you nor any apologies stating you have lost every data concerning my application or any other reason you never called me. I don't think you really need my service.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graduate Recruitment At MTN Nigeria [july 2014] / Creative Trove Ltd / Become Sales Manager In Zagaleti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.